True Blood Thoughts about plot twists in season 1 and 2

Started by Leala Magnus, November 09, 2009, 03:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leala Magnus

Hey I am a huge fan of True Blood. I first watched season one and loved it so much that I bought all of the Southern Vampire Series with Sookie Stackhouse.

I think that Charline Harris is a wonderful writer, and Alan Ball does a great job at turning her world into a hot, sexual, addicting T.V. show.

I want to know everyones input on what they thought about the first two seasons and if you have read the books let me know what you think about the different changes from book to show have done.

Personally hats off to Alan Ball and his story lines. I am happy with the different plot twists because he has stayed true to the books' main plots. Yes, he has changed characters, but some of the changes I think are for the good and add more drama to the story.

I was shocked though when he killed the voodoo lady instead of Layfayette as the beginning of season two and it made me skeptical about watching the rest of the season, but I continued to watch it and loved Maryanne's character, Steve Newlin and his wife, the Texan Vampires.

Maeven

I love the story lines, but, didn't you think the editing in the books was horrendous? I've never, ever seen so many typos in one book, let alone a series... I finally gave up after the fifth book. 

I haven't seen Season Two yet so I can't comment, but I loved Season One even if it deviated a little from the book.  Not sure how I feel about the switch in who actually killed the thief at the end of Season One, since part of that seems integral to later stories, but I'll reserve judgment until I see Season Two -- just waiting for it to come out on DVD.    I also like the remake of the Tara character and Lafayette's more active role in the show.
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Leala Magnus

I do agree in parts of the book series that it was poorly written and some cases parts of the plots weren't really elaborative and they should have been more to it.

I think that the show if far better than the books by far, and I hope that the seasons will keep coming. I enjoy how Alan goes for the shock factor when filming. Example First Episode in season one... The opening is a girlfriend giving her boyfriend a handjob as they are driving down the rode by Grabbit Quik. There's so many parts in the show that are shocking and sometimes bizzare, and I think thats what makes it a good show because you don't know what to expect.

Talia

Quote from: Leala Magnus on November 09, 2009, 03:54:02 PM
I do agree in parts of the book series that it was poorly written and some cases parts of the plots weren't really elaborative and they should have been more to it.

I think that the show if far better than the books by far, and I hope that the seasons will keep coming. I enjoy how Alan goes for the shock factor when filming. Example First Episode in season one... The opening is a girlfriend giving her boyfriend a handjob as they are driving down the rode by Grabbit Quik. There's so many parts in the show that are shocking and sometimes bizzare, and I think thats what makes it a good show because you don't know what to expect.

I agree!  I also didn't like the ending...I really expected something more edgy! Or at least had you at the edge of your seat, wanting more. Instead I was just a little pissed off. They had so many ways to end it differently, in my opinion, anyways. I'm referring to season 2.
He looks at me and my heart starts skipping beats, my face starts to glow and my eyes start to twinkle.
Imagine what he would do to me if he smiled!

Smile... it's the second best thing to do with your lips.

On's & Off's
The Oath of Drake for Group RP's
A&A