How to write a prompt?

Started by Glass Vision, June 07, 2013, 02:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glass Vision

Hey, I've been asked to write a prompt (yay!) when I posted in the Introduction forum. Just wondering where I post the prompt? Do I post in the topic I created to introduce myself?

Ariel

Yes, that's the best place to post it, so the person who originally gave you the prompt can see your fine work. :-)
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Glass Vision

Quote from: Uprising on June 07, 2013, 02:46:41 PM
Yes, that's the best place to post it, so the person who originally gave you the prompt can see your fine work. :-)

Thank you very much!

Ariel

Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Vegetable

Hi! I also started writing a few prompts. I was just wondering, when a member gives you a prompt that ends up warranting a pretty long response, what's the best way to handle that? Do people generally prefer shorter responses? Thanks  8-)

Branwen

How you write it is entirely up to you.  A writing prompt is a request, not an assignment, and like a crazy question you have the right to politely refuse it if the prompt is not a good fit for you. 

steelsmiter

Quote from: Vegetable on June 18, 2013, 04:19:41 AM
Hi! I also started writing a few prompts. I was just wondering, when a member gives you a prompt that ends up warranting a pretty long response, what's the best way to handle that? Do people generally prefer shorter responses? Thanks  8-)

How you write it is dependent entirely on your comfort with the subject. If it's too long someone might skip over it, but if they do you'll never know. I heard that they're basically looking for word counts, activity level, and how many people take a notice of you. In any case this crowd seems highly unlikely to tl;dr anything.
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Elina

Quote from: steelsmiter on June 18, 2013, 02:02:59 PM
I heard that they're basically looking for word counts, activity level, and how many people take a notice of you.

*blinks*  Where do people get this stuff?

Oreo

From here.

Thanks though, it need an edit. :D

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Elina

Wow, that actually said we look at how many people notice you?  I know it mentions that we look for activity and a few hundred words.

The things I never notice...  In my defense, I've only been here three years.

>.>

Oreo

A most worthy defense. *nodnods* If we ever have a test, I'm likely to fail without my cheat sheet.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Oniya

To be fair, it's hard to interact with people who don't notice you. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17