News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

A World of Leagues

Started by Jag, January 16, 2010, 01:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on January 20, 2010, 05:41:29 AM
American thread up...not my best work...but I'm still light headed. ^^

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=58521.0

You two can post when ever you want and I'll respond as needed.

Nice.. I posted Selene.. I'm trying for sarcastic, and a bit arrogant with a dash of 'a woman who doesn't know her place'.  Doktor, feel free to PM me to coordinate things and tune the attitude of Selene if she's a bit TOO blunt.

As for correspondence with the various characters I see the bit with Allen as a 'short term' set of letters. And yes, I see her and Mina clashing personality wise. Too alike in many ways. I figure she might have continued some of 'Jacobs' letters for a while before introducing 'Selene' his 'daughter' and passing on.

Mostly those would be sources in the government and some of the occult contacts that the Kanes contivated.

Remiel

Did the suffragette movement first take hold in England or America?

Also, are the two groups ever going to come in contact with each other?  My own humble opinion is that it might be best if we incorporated everyone into one thread -- that way, we can keep the game going and jump in as necessary -- but I'm sure you know best. :)

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Remiel on January 20, 2010, 11:17:19 AM
Did the suffragette movement first take hold in England or America?

Also, are the two groups ever going to come in contact with each other?  My own humble opinion is that it might be best if we incorporated everyone into one thread -- that way, we can keep the game going and jump in as necessary -- but I'm sure you know best. :)

Not sure.. but Selene is a bit 'worldly' and has contacts in the US and Europe..

Hmmm.. dives in Wiki to find out about Suffragette's and the movement timeline..

Jag

What I found on the Suffragette's movement was: "Suffragette is a term originally coined by the Daily Mail newspaper as a derogatory label for the more militant members of the late-19th and early-20th century movement for women's suffrage in the United Kingdom" -Wiki

So it started in England I guess.

As for the two leagues...I'd originally planned a thread for each group so that there wouldn't be too much cross-confusion. This way Trip doesn't make a comment toward Me that sounds like it could go for Callie and someone mistake it. I don't think that made a lick of sense, but my head is fuzzy, so I don't know...yes they will eventually meet. I have a common goal for the two groups (a common enemy). Both countries thinking they have right over it since it has to deal with them in a way. So yes, they would end up meeting (and probably not on happy terms to begin with).

I may (in the future, once we have moved out of the more introductery phase) have the threads merged (that way all the intro stuff will of been kept seperate and easy to manage, and then once they are all together it will not make sense to have two threads anymore and to merge them, leaving all the intro stuff at the beginning of the thread and out of the way).

Still not sure if any of that made any sense.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on January 20, 2010, 11:27:35 AM
What I found on the Suffragette's movement was: "Suffragette is a term originally coined by the Daily Mail newspaper as a derogatory label for the more militant members of the late-19th and early-20th century movement for women's suffrage in the United Kingdom" -Wiki

So it started in England I guess.

As for the two leagues...I'd originally planned a thread for each group so that there wouldn't be too much cross-confusion. This way Trip doesn't make a comment toward Me that sounds like it could go for Callie and someone mistake it. I don't think that made a lick of sense, but my head is fuzzy, so I don't know...yes they will eventually meet. I have a common goal for the two groups (a common enemy). Both countries thinking they have right over it since it has to deal with them in a way. So yes, they would end up meeting (and probably not on happy terms to begin with).

I may (in the future, once we have moved out of the more introductery phase) have the threads merged (that way all the intro stuff will of been kept seperate and easy to manage, and then once they are all together it will not make sense to have two threads anymore and to merge them, leaving all the intro stuff at the beginning of the thread and out of the way).

Still not sure if any of that made any sense.

Yup..and it's the right time frame for her to be accused of being one (and many other things later on..)

Turns out the right to vote for women in the US is around 1920.. (returns to reading it..very interesting stuff)

Doktor Sleepless

Quote from: sinera on January 20, 2010, 03:35:05 AM
Hmmm... If Dok's doing an aviator, I suppose I shouldn't do Amelia - she'd be redundant.  Let me look into which of my hero/ines are from that era (or before).

I'm sorry if you were here before and I'm stepping on your toes...

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 20, 2010, 08:51:52 AMNice.. I posted Selene.. I'm trying for sarcastic, and a bit arrogant with a dash of 'a woman who doesn't know her place'.  Doktor, feel free to PM me to coordinate things and tune the attitude of Selene if she's a bit TOO blunt.

She's fine (and looks fine :), just play your character as you feel she should be.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on January 20, 2010, 01:30:57 PM
I'm sorry if you were here before and I'm stepping on your toes...

She's fine (and looks fine :), just play your character as you feel she should be.

Just so long as at some point we argue over the usefulness of combustibles (her against)..and when his Bang saves the day she can go and say something along the lines of 'Okay..sometimes high explosives ARE the answer..happy?"

And I would think it could be fun if he's one of her 'device producers'.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on January 20, 2010, 01:44:14 PM
Sounds like a good idea, you mean they've met before?

Maybe she commissioned a few things.. that corset hides a few things I'm sure. :D

Doktor Sleepless

Sure; he's not a small gadgets kinda guy though; more like transportation and vehicles; but he can branch out if needed... and the pay is worth it. Mostly modifying or improving existing devices.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on January 20, 2010, 03:26:06 PM
Sure; he's not a small gadgets kinda guy though; more like transportation and vehicles; but he can branch out if needed... and the pay is worth it. Mostly modifying or improving existing devices.

No worries either way. :D Just glad to see the game moving along!

Doktor Sleepless

I'm working on my profile... work permitting, but I'm kinda swamped right now. Should have it in a few hours, though.

Callie Del Noire

Oh.. that was a comment..not a demand!

I get this thing you call work. (Callie misses working)

Doktor Sleepless

Eating, having internet and electricity; and most important of all, providing for my son are not overrated at all. :)

And I'm leaving work now and I wasn't able to spend one minute on that profile... it was hell tonight...

Haibane

Hi everyone

I'm sorry to say this but I am up to my neck in real life stress and worry and issues right now. All my Elliquiy games have stalled and I have no inspiration to write. I think it would be best if I drop out of this one before I post because if I do a few posts and then quit, that is even worse.

Sorry.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Haibane on January 21, 2010, 09:30:03 AM
Hi everyone

I'm sorry to say this but I am up to my neck in real life stress and worry and issues right now. All my Elliquiy games have stalled and I have no inspiration to write. I think it would be best if I drop out of this one before I post because if I do a few posts and then quit, that is even worse.

Sorry.

That's okay.. you can always come in at a later date.. take care of real life.

Jag

Quote from: Haibane on January 21, 2010, 09:30:03 AM
Hi everyone

Sorry.

Get your real life in order. That's more important.

If you feel like re-joining when you can...then we'll work you in. ^^

Jag

Everyone can post that has been accepted to the game, whether or not your profile is finished.

Dok, just post the profile when it's done. Post when you're ready.

Callie Del Noire

Jag

Who? Dok? I'm not sure. I hope not.

Sorry for being slow. I don't get much time online with the illness. I currently have the adult version of RSV (infants normally get it). My daughter gave it to me and I'm still ill from it.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on January 23, 2010, 03:53:25 PM
Who? Dok? I'm not sure. I hope not.

Sorry for being slow. I don't get much time online with the illness. I currently have the adult version of RSV (infants normally get it). My daughter gave it to me and I'm still ill from it.

Ah it's alright.. more being silly than anything else. Trying HARD not to run roughshod over him and any others I play with. (This is an awesome game and I don't want run the other players down. :D )

So it's NOT Dok.. it's ME.

And you rest up an heal up.. get your health up!

Doktor Sleepless

You have not scared me away... I just haven't found the time to write down my profile, and I prefer to write it before posting... And get better, Michi-chan!