Return to Miller's Hollow [Villagers Win!]

Started by Autumn Sativus, September 28, 2012, 12:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn Sativus

The designated scout group had returned in a flurry of excitement, claiming there was a small village just up ahead that looked to have been abandoned for quite some time. Sure, it would need to be cleaned up, but having a warm place to sleep for the night as the bitter cold of autumn wind set in was a wonderful prospect. It was decided that the group would go to this town ahead and do their best to make it a home, at least for the coming cold months.

It didn't take long for the entire group to make their way to the town, a sign that had long overgrown with ivy proclaimed it to be "Miller's Hollow" and one person pushed the ivy aside. The iron gates around the village would surely keep it safe from outsiders if they could find a lock and close the gates. But first matter being first, they needed to elect a leader.

Remember to include Saffron in any and all game related PMs

Players
  • Falanor
  • James Moriarty
  • Kyrsa
  • Lord Mayerling
  • Mcsc
  • Mithlomwen
  • Mr Bigglesworth
  • Niferbelle
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Sarena
  • Sasha
  • Starlequin
  • SunshineSparkle
  • That Girl Analise
  • ThatRPGuy
  • Torch
  • Valerian
  • Xandi

Roles

• Peasants x2
  • Priest
  • Seer
  • Guardian
  • Healer
  • Alchemist
  • Halfbreed
  • Werewolves x1
  • Alpha

Rundown
Day 1
Falanor is elected as Sheriff.
Night 1
No deaths.
Day 2
Starlequin, a peasant, is lynched.
Night 2
Torch, a peasant, is eaten by werewolves.
Day 3
Game Moderator Interference - Sleeping Spell.
Xandi, the Alpha, disappears.
Night 3
Event - Backfire
Backfire is activated. The wolves chose to eat a special role and failed. Torch's ghost returns for revenge on Kyrsa, the Halfbreed.
Day 4
Great Distrust runs through the villagers, who vouch for their friends.
MCsc, unable to receive any vouches, is eliminated. He is found to be a Peasant.
Falanor and Sasha, unable to obtain the required number of vouches, become the only options for the vote today.
Sasha is proven innocent by ThatRPGuy, the Priest. No one is lynched today.
Night 4
Ryven, a Werewolf, is found dead.
Day 5
Mithlomwen, a Werewolf, is lynched. But not before she turns someone else.
Night 5
That Girl Analise is found dead as the group rushes from their homes to avoid the flood!
They later find that her role was ________.
Day 6
Flood! The men take up shelter in the Church, while the women hurry to the Inn.
The Writing's on The Wall!
Night 6
Falanor, a Peasant, is killed at the Church.
Sarena, the Seer, is killed at the Inn.
Day 7
Lord Mayerling, a Werewolf, is lynch.
Night 7
James Moartiy, a peasant, is eaten by wolves.
Day 8
Sunshinesparkle, the last werewolf, is eliminated.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Autumn Sativus

May the odds be ever in your favor!

(If anyone is missing their role PM at this point, please message me to let me know!)
Us against the world

James Moriarty

* The Professor approached the gates with something akin to reverence, feeling the rough, weathered sign beneath his fingertips.

Miller's Hollow -- what a sight for sore eyes.  He looked around at the group and walked through the iron gates into the small village.  That the place had seen many years was evident -- the wood of the buildings and porches was almost grey and pocked with dark dimples from rain and wind and mold.  The chill of the early evening air made him pull his collar tighter around his neck.

"Well, whatever charm this place lacks is made up for by the promise of some shelter from the coming night.  But I think we should organize ourselves, so as to make our efforts most effective -- and what better place to start than to champion a leader.  I myself have always thought that Falanor was quite the man for the job -- he's a natural, and also has quite a delightful singing voice."

Starlequin

Starlequin eyed the rest of the cadre, mingling and milling about as though at a very grim cocktail party. Some he knew. Most he liked. None he trusted. He pulled a small box from his overcoat and withdrew a candy cigarette, taking a nibble from the tip.

"I dunno, Professor. Falanor's a stand-up type, to be sure, and I loved his performance in The Book of Mormon as much as anyone. But I think Torch is more suited to a job like this. She's got the whole tough as nails, Sweet Meets Street thing goin' on. She gets my vote, unless anybody's got any better ideas?"
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Sarena

Sarena stood at the back perimeter of the group.  It was a position she held frequently during their journey here.  Better to keep her eye on as many as she could.  Trust did not come easily for a woman like her, but there was one she did trust.  Implicitly.  She just hoped that did not prove her to be the fool later on.

Her eyes roamed over the dilapidated buildings, taking in the dismal scenery before finally, her gaze fell on the Professor and Starlequin and she shook her head, "You're both wrong."

She let her hands fall to her sides as she stepped forward from the back of the group.  "There is one here who has proven to be a born leader.  A firm hand when the situation calls for it, but not afraid to let her softer side show. Kyrsa is the one for the job."
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Ryven

Ryven arrived shortly after the others to survey the remains of the once bustling town of Miller's Hollow.  He scanned the houses, finding one that had been abandoned but in workable condition complete with a stone oven.  He began straight away, cleaning up and repairing what he could.  The house also needed to be secured.  Locks were changed, windows barred as the threat of werecreatures in the night had long been a legend in those parts.

The remainder of the day was spent taking an inventory of his ingredients.  Flour, butter, sugar, chocolate, varying dried fruits and the like.  He had been so excited to start setting up that he hadn't even heard the conversation outside.  Ryven opened the door and leaned against the frame as he listened to the conversation.  When a moment arose for him to speak his vote, he did so without hesitation.

"Torch would indeed be an ideal candidate to the position.  Trust me.  Her skills as a sheriff I have experienced first hand, and I can say, without a doubt, we would all be better off if she were to occupy that vacancy once more," he said with a smirk, turning to wink at Torch.

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. B. warily walked into town with the rest of group, and decided to take a survey of the Miller's Hollow.  He shuffled along the streets, covered with broken branches and leaves, and the such.  Most of the buildings had been worn by nature, but seemed basically solid.

He decided he could choose one for himself later - as for now he thought to keep his hands busy fixing up the obvious problems on a few of the buildings, so the other's in the group could sleep tonight without the wind blowing through their new homes.

As he walked along, he came across a few of the people in the group discussing their vote for sheriff. 

"I think I'm going to agree with Ryven and Star on this one - Torch has the experience to do the job, and has proven herself in the past."

Autumn Sativus

Votes
Torch (3)
Falanor (2)
Kyrsa (1)
Sarena (1)
Valerian (1)
Xandi (1)

Falanor, James Moriarty, Kyrsa, Lord Mayerling, Mcsc, Mithlomwen, Mr Bigglesworth, Niferbelle, Remiel, Ryven, Sarena, Sasha, Starlequin, SunshineSparkle, That Girl Analise, ThatRPGuy, Torch, Valerian, Xandi
Us against the world

Mithlomwen

Mith glanced around, surveying the abandoned village.  Her eyes landed on a rather quaint little cottage and her feet soon followed.  Peeking inside the small structure, she could see it was badly in need of cleaning, but it would serve her for a home just fine. 

Wiping the dust off of her hands, she smiled and felt a renewed sense of happiness. 

Overhearing the conversation going on, Mith listened carefully to everyone before making a decision.  "I believe Falanor would do an excellent job." 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Valerian

Val sat down on a boulder -- an uncomfortable perch, but at least it gave her the chance to let her tired feet rest for a while.  A month ago she would have thought the prospect of staying here a dismal one, given the rundown state of the houses, but now it looked infinitely better than yet another night outside, under trees and makeshift lean-tos.  Even if they decided against staying here permanently, this would at least give them a base in which to rest for the winter and perhaps scout around for a better spot as weather permitted.

She took a quick count of the group and was relieved to see that everyone seemed to be here.  They were all tired, and she had worried more and more about people possibly lagging behind too much.  "This is a difficult choice," she chimed in, as the voting for a new sheriff began.  "I think Xandi would do a good job.  She's always been ready to pitch in and help wherever it's needed."  Soon Val would have to settle on a house as well, but for now she simply listened to the voting and enjoyed being able to sit for a while.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Galactic Druid

The was a loud creak from one of the old, abandoned buildings as Guy made his way outside to see just what all the commotion was about. "Great..." he grumbled to himself. His private little sanctuary, interrupted by so many people, people he didn't know, people he couldn't trust.

"If ya'll are going to stay here, at least pick someone with the sense to run this place right to lead you!" he snapped, joining the crowd. He reached out a hand and pointed to Sarena. "There's a woman with enough sense to keep an eye on the rest of you lot. My vote's for her!"
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

That Girl Analise

"Personally" Ana said, emerging from a rundown hut she'd been inspecting and planned to claim, "I think Valerian is truly suited for the job. She's always been a strong leader, in my experience," Ana got to work in what seemed to be the center of the town setting up a place for a fire. The air had a distinct chill to it, and some warmth would be welcome... Not to mention the prospect of food. She set up some rocks in a circle and began gathering wood for a fire.

SunshineSparkle

Sunshine stood quietly listening to the group engaging in the voting discussion,it was time to elect a Sheriff for Miller's Hollow
Her eyes scanned all the faces as her lungs battled to grasp some fresh air,experience had taught her to trust no one,this wasn't going to change anytime soon
"I give my vote to Falanor ,from what I saw he possesses what we look for in a Sheriff" She finally said as her curious gaze lingered on the empty houses,pondering about which one would be hers

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Sasha

Brushing off a bit of dust ....indeed this place could use a bit of spring cleaning even if it is the fall of the year . Sasha then adjusted her hat listening to the banter going about with regards to the selection of a new Sheriff . The lot being discussed surely made some sense as the woman pondered over the options and looked about .

She couldn't get out of her head the part about the sweets meets streets ...obviously the way a few of her comrades spoke it seemed that one had done the job before .  " Seems to me if the lady had enough to pull it off once then ...only right thing to do is let her carry on . I shall toss my approval towards Torch as well to get things underway . " 

Hopefully the place had some fresh running water .....it obviously was not the luxurious train ride she been on the last time . Though ...quaint and seemingly out in the middle of no where it did offer a bit of privacy by the looks of things . Rustic ...earthy home type energy . They should be able to have this place looking downright comfortable in no time . Least it was always good to stay positive .

Remiel

Remiel arrived, straggling somewhat behind the group, pushing the cart that contained all his earthly possessions in the world.  He wasn't quite sure why he was here; Miller's Hollow had always had a cursed reputation.  Every year, it seemed like, the lush valleys and fertile woodlands would attract a new group of settlers; and every year, the settlement would vanish without a trace. 

Oh, well.  It wasn't like he had a choice.  A particularly harsh drought had forced him to pull up stakes and relocate.

"Hrmm, a Sheriff?" he mulled the question over.  "The only person I can trust to lead us is someone who knows how to put food in our bellies.  Why not have a Muffin Man Sheriff?  I vote Ryven."

Lord Mayerling

Lord Mayerling, looking to set himself up as the local brewer, arrived atop a fully loaded beer wagon pulled by a couple of jackasses.

“Hear ye, hear ye!” he announced. “We have finally arrived at Miller’s Hollow, the land of milk and honey! This calls for a celebration! Let us tap a keg! And let us raise a mug in honor of our new Sherriff! And in that, I mean the good Falanor!”

“Also, I’m lookin’ for the one they call the Seer. Let us open a bottle, and do our best to save each other's souls.”

Missy

MacLoch was by far from the first to arrive, yet equally so from the last. His attire was for the most part casual aside form his traditional scottish/irish kilt which would have identified him as a member of the MacLachlan branch of the royal family to any familiar enough with his clan colours to recognize them. Though he hid not his clan affiliation from his companions he had told none of them his proper lineage, preferring not to trust with strangers and foreigners whom he knew little about.

MacLoch stood in the gateway his hands on his hips as he surveyed the courtyard before him. He heaved a great sigh as he took to an investigation of the tower to the left of the gateway. "Aye, lads and lassies, this one be mine!" he stated clearly and loudly his intentions as he firmly pressed an iron engraving and hammered it into the door, marking the abode as his own

After ensuring the marking was secure MacLoch took note to the conversation at hand. "I thinks perhaps one of experience ought be best suited to the task, I cast me vote in favour of yon' lass Torch"

Autumn Sativus

Votes
Torch (5)
Falanor (4)
Valerian (2)
Kyrsa (1)
Sarena (1)
Xandi (1)

Falanor, James Moriarty, Kyrsa, Lord Mayerling, Mcsc, Mithlomwen, Mr Bigglesworth, Niferbelle, Remiel, Ryven, Sarena, Sasha, Starlequin, SunshineSparkle, That Girl Analise, ThatRPGuy, Torch, Valerian, Xandi
Us against the world

Autumn52

As Xandi approached the group she noticed that everyone was voting for a sheriff. This town was just what they needed, she was glad to be here. She had seen a little cottage that she thought would be warm for the winter. Having a sheriff would ensure everyone's safety so Xandi surveyed the nominees carefully before placing her vote.

Once it had fallen quiet Xandi spoke up, "I am so happy we found this town. I think Torch would make an excellent sheriff. She will ensure things are handled efficiently and fairly."

Xandi began looking over her shoulder at the little cottage she wanted to claim as her own for the winter. 
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Kye

Kyrsa pulled her shawl around her shoulders, her gaze wandering around Miller’s Hollow.  She listened quietly as people began to vote for a sheriff, but she was far more interested in a warm, and hopefully dry, place to sleep.  She felt as if she’d been awake for days.  She wanted peace and quiet, a place to call home.  The cabins all needed a bit of work, but they looked solid enough to keep the worst of the chill out.

“I don’t know anything about his singing voice, but Falanor seems to be a reliable man.  I don’t think we could make a better choice for Sheriff,” she finally cast her vote before glancing around to see who else had yet to speak up.  She wanted to get indoors and clean out a cabin before she toppled over from exhaustion.

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. B., after many hours mending some of the cabins; re-hinging doors, patching mysterious holes in the walls, and the sort, took a break and wandered out to see who was about  He cam across Kyrsa and Xandi who seemed to be looking for places to stay, and suggested a couple of the cottages that he knew were in good enough shape to keep the chill out.

Autumn52

On Mr. B's suggestion Xandi gladly accepted the cottage that she had her eye on after he told her he had done the necessary repairs. "Thank you so much Mr. B. I really like that cottage and for all your hard work I would like to invite you to share my evening meal tomorrow night after I have gotten settled in." She was thrilled that he was generous enough to do the needed repairs and thought it was the least she could do to repay him.

Xandi went about making the place homey and comfortable. Cleaning, straightening and decorating so that she could make this her winter home.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Torch

The uneasy silence of the hollow was only broken by the voices of the new arrivals, all discussing who should be given the task of leading the small band of villagers intent on turning the abandoned dwellings into some semblance of an inhabited town. The wind turned bitter as each vote was cast, and Torch was grateful for the thick wool of her coat, the tightly woven fabric blocking the worst of the chill. She knew the worst of the weather was yet to come as the days wore on, foul weather unfit for man or beast.

It was for this reason the group wasted no time in declaring their choice for sheriff, and Torch had never been one to hesitate. "The choice for sheriff is a crucial one, and not to be taken lightly. In my opinion Valerian is the best candidate for the job, by far."
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. B. was delighted by Xandi's invitation, "Well of course I will accept your invitation to an evening meal.  Perhaps I'll bring a fresh pie and some apple cider to enjoy after."

Autumn Sativus

Votes
Torch (6)
Falanor (6)
Valerian (2)
Kyrsa (1)
Ryven (1)
Sarena (1)
Xandi (1)

Us against the world

Niferbelle

Niferbelle merely stood silently to the side, listening as the others spoke, an unkempt figure with wide blue eyes that showed a distinct lack of sleep and no little fear. The cold wind seemed to knife right through her and she pulled her threadbare coat a little tighter around her as if she could stave it off. Her eyes fluttered from face to face as potential sheriffs were declared  but only appeared to grow more and more confused with each opinion that was expressed. At last she realized that her delay would only draw more attention if she didn't speak up so she drew in a breath and pointed.

"I choose that one, Falanor. May God have mercy on all our souls," she declared then added the last almost as a wish though there was little confidence in her voice as she did so.

Autumn Sativus

Quote from: Saffron on October 02, 2012, 02:22:41 PM
Votes
Torch (6)
Falanor (6)
Valerian (2)
Kyrsa (1)
Ryven (1)
Sarena (1)
Xandi (1)

Pushing this up to the next page. Unless some votes change, it looks like Falanor's choice of Torch or a dice roll for a tie. >:)
Us against the world

Falanor

Falanor tears back some overgrown vines around a well starring down the depths as if to find an answer as to why the town was abandoned.  "Odd, finding a town all empty..." he says to himself as he looks around, pausing at the sound of voices in the distance.  Pulling the lapel of his duster tight, brushing off some of the dust, he listens to the conversation at hand.  "Well, I see we're already setting up shop here, eh?  I don't think it'd be right of me to vote for myself but I'd rather see the lovely Mith in charge of keeping the peace."

Autumn52

As Xandi cleaned the little cottage she thought it odd that such a quaint town would be abandoned. This little town had all the comforts and yet a strange feeling loomed about. A shiver rolled down her spine as she looked back out at the town. She noticed they were about to announce the new sheriff so she went to congratulate whoever the winner might be. Upon getting closer she heard someone say that there was a tie and that Falanor and Torch were the front runners. After thinking for a moment she said, "I believe Falanor would make an excellent sheriff. I'm sure Torch wouldn't mind if I change my vote. He is a peaceable man and someone I think would be fair minded." After the strange feeling she had just had she wanted to elect a new sheriff sooner rather than later.

Autumn Sativus

With a final tally of 7 votes to 5 in Falanor's favour, the new Sheriff was decided.

Miller's Hollow would serve as a nice place to spend the colder months with each cabin housing one or several people, a fireplace in each and a forest just nearby for them to get wood to burn. There was even a barn at the edge of the village that would contain many tools to help them survive here through the winter. Perhaps Sheriff Falanor would lead the exploration of the remaining buildings for anything they could use, or maybe someone had already been searching the cabins while they were busy?

Well, the cabins had all been swept out for tonight and it was beginning to get dark by the time the votes were all completed. "Looks like it's just about time to settle down for the night." one of them commented, a few more nodding along their agreement. So the group settled in to their chosen homes for the night to find out what spending a night in Miller's Hollow would be like. Everyone had managed to find enough wood to stay warm for the night and there had been enough rations left for everyone to have a meal. But some of the villagers were beginning to feel a different kind of hunger...

Night Falls
The Werewolves and company will soon receive a message letting them know who their fellows are.
Each of the night-active roles should PM Saffron with whether they do or do not wish to use their ability tonight.
Us against the world

James Moriarty

After settling in to his cabin, James unpacked his small bag that carried what clothes he had with him and a few odd books that he always kept nearby -- Bram Stoker's Dracula (a first edition, given to him by his grandfather), The Complete Works of Edgar Allan Poe and Kinder- und Hausmärchen by the Brothers Grimm.  Dusting off a small but serviceable wooden table, he considered making a small dinner, but not feeling particularly hungry, he opted instead to head out for a stroll around the darkening town.  He was not particularly afraid of the dark -- after all, the boogeymen of the night were all just myths and fairy tales -- right?

If the evening air was brisk, the night was downright cold.  He pulled his wool coat tight around him and walked the length of the main path between the cabins -- what he suspected may once have been a tiny "Main Street" of sorts -- watching the steam rising from his breath and casting about to see what the other travelers were doing.

Sarena

With the die cast, there was nothing left to do for the night except finally settle on which one of these run down buildings would serve as her homestead.  She kept watch during the whole affair, trying to keep tabs on where everyone was going on who had chosen what building, but there was one that held her attention a little longer than the others.  He wasn't part of their group, in fact he had already been in Miller's Hollow when they arrived. 

Definitely one not to be trusted. Sarena did not do well with strangers.  Especially those that seemed so forward as to think they knew her well enough to nominate her for such a position as Sheriff.   She took her eyes off of him finally, looking across to the newly elected leader and gave a curt nod of congratulations before she turned away from the dispersing crowd and surveyed a small row of buildings.  A few were already looking to be taken, but there was one small cabin at one end of the row. She made her way to the window and peeked in, dark as night inside.  Taking a deep breath, Sarena moved to the door and pushed it open.  The hinges creaked and a cold waft of stale air hit her in the face as she stepped inside, sending a shiver down her spine. 

She dropped her bag on the floor in the main room of the cabin and crouched in front of it, digging around for the bag of candles and matches that had settled at the very bottom.  There had been no need for them while camping under the stars during their journey here, but now, she was glad she had brought them.  Lighting a candle, Sarena took a few minutes to explore the few other rooms of the cabin.  Something that had once served as a kitchen off to one side, and ladder that led to what looked like a loft bedroom to the other.  Not bad...but she highly doubted she'd be sleeping up there any time soon.  Lighting a few more candles, she spend the next half hour tidying up just enough to scare the bugs away and kick up a little dust before spreading her bedroll out.  She settled in with her rations for a meal and listened to the goings on outside the open door of her cabin, watching the flicker of the candle's flame as she ate.

I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Autumn Sativus

When day broke in the morning there was a great amount of chaos occurring in the centre of town. Someone had been attacked during the night, but the gates had been locked. Someone from inside the village must have been the culprit, but the almost-victim claimed it was wolves. The blood on the ground was enough to show that someone was injured, but a quick count of heads showed everyone was alive.

An argument soon after ensued about what they were to do about the discovery that the rumours of Miller's Hollow may have truth to them after all. Eventually it was decided that they would do their very best to annihilate the threat before the whole village was gone.

"Please cast your votes of the guilty party and we will hope our majority is correct."

Players
  • Falanor
  • James Moriarty
  • Kyrsa
  • Lord Mayerling
  • Mcsc
  • Mithlomwen
  • Mr Bigglesworth
  • Niferbelle
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Sarena
  • Sasha
  • Starlequin
  • SunshineSparkle
  • That Girl Analise
  • ThatRPGuy
  • Torch
  • Valerian
  • Xandi

Roles
  • Peasants x9-10
  • Priest
  • Seer
  • Guardian
  • Healer
  • Alchemist
  • Halfbreed
  • Werewolves x2-3
  • Alpha
Us against the world

That Girl Analise

"We can't let this happen again," Analise said, her face a pale, bloodless white at the sight of the blood on the ground. "I think we would all agree that we must do something about this. We have to," she eyed a few of the others discretely, wary of making a decision just yet. At random, she looked to Mith. "What were you up to last night?" she asked. There wasn't much suspicion in her voice, but then, they had to start somewhere.

Mithlomwen

Mith glanced at Analise, surprise shining in her eyes.  "I was in my cottage."  She answered in reply to the question.  "I thought I heard rustling around during the night, but assumed it was just the wind."  Mith paused for several moments, trying to remember anything that she'd heard that might help solve the mystery.  "The noises seemed to be coming from where Starlequin was staying last night." 
Baby, it's all I know,

Ryven

Ryven glanced out the window of his small cottage to see a crowd gathering.  He'd just been pulling his last batch of muffins out of his oven.  Quite curious as to what the commotion was outside, he slipped from his front door, pulling his coat closer around him upon feeling the cool chill of the morning air.  He didn't have to ask when he stepped closer.  Blood stains in the dirt told the story of a struggle, but no one seemed to have been mortally wounded.

"We are lucky to have been blessed with whomever had prevented this vile deed.  However..." he said, trailing off and looking to the others.  "I'm quite curious as to what Niferbelle was up to last night."

Starlequin

The coppery scent of blood in the street left Starlequin feeling nauseous and queasy. After a thorough personal examination to ensure none of his dangly bits had been violently pilfered in the night, he joined the others for some much-needed, old-fashioned huddling in fear. But the comfort of mutual terror didn't last long, as Mithlomwen attempted to color him with a haze of suspicion.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he said, his eyes narrowing at his accuser. "I had a perfectly normal, quiet evening in last night. I followed the same routine I do at home: I played an exciting round of Solitaire By Mail, had a peanut butter and ketchup sandwich for dinner, performed a bit of ritual gopher molestation, and then I went to bed and cried myself to sleep. Absolutely nothing out of the ordinary!" Starlequin folded his arms and stood back, confident that he had defused any more suspicions that might be raised against him.

"However, there are two things I would like to know...what was Kyrsa up to last night, and does anyone know how to neatly fold a fitted sheet?"

Autumn52

After hearing the commotion outside Xandi put on her coat and walked to where the others were standing. As she got closer, she saw the blood stained ground and cried out, "Where is Mr. Bigglesworth? Oh my he isn't here. He wasn't injured was he?" Xandi swayed slightly feeling faint with the thought that her dear Mr. Bigglesworth had been injured. She sat on a nearby stump and asked, "What happened?"

As she had approached the group she had heard Starlequin's confession of innocence and eyed him wearily. "Why would anyone say they had done such things if not to steer the eyes of the weary away from themselves. I believe perhaps Starlequin is hiding something after all."

Xandi's eyes continued to look for Mr. Bigglesworth as she clutched her handkerchief to her bosom.

Mr Bigglesworth

The noise from the crowd outside woke Mr. Bigglesworth from a deep sleep, earlier than he had hoped after all the work he had done yesterday.  He peered out the window to see quit a number of the villagers all gathered, seeming quite excited.

Pulling a shirt over his head, Mr. B. ventured outside, moving swiftly to the crowd - even before noticing the blood stains on the ground he could clearly tell from the conversations that somebody had been hurt.  He hurried towards them to make sure everybody was OK, at least alive.  Sticking his head into the crowd and looking around,  he was happy to see everybody was there - especially his dear Xandi.

He moved over to her and hugged her closely.  Then he stood with her and listened to the crowd and then put in his vote - "Yes, Starlequin seems a little over defensive - and it seems odd that he is worried about folding sheets at a time like this."

Autumn52

As Xandi saw Mr. Bigglesworth approaching her heart raced in relief. He stood near her and she took his hand to her lips and listened to his vote. Xandi kissed his hand and whispered to him, "I'm so happy you are alright. I was so afraid that you had been harmed." She smiled sweetly to him and kept his hand in hers, it gave her a sense of security and comfort.

SunshineSparkle

Completely clueless to what was happening outside,Sunshine pulled a jacket over her shoulders as she headed out of her house.The sight and smell of blood clogged her throat with fear,her face going bemused by the horror of the scene she was witnessing,her thoughts about being safe inside her cabin didn't last that long.

She moved toward the rest of the villagers whilst her eyes scrutinized each face,assessing every expression and reaction.She didn't have an idea about who might have done it and wasn't the type who threw accusations like that in the air.

"How about you, Mayerling?" Her gaze suddenly stopped at him "What were you doing last night?"

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Autumn Sativus

Votes
Starlequin (3)
Lord Mayerling (2)
Kyrsa (1)
Mithlomwen (1)
Mr Bigglesworth (1)
Niferbelle (1)
Ryven (1)

Yet To Vote:
Us against the world

Missy

MacLoch peered out the second story window of his tower to see what all the noise was about. He overheard some bit about a person being harmed and blame being lain upon somebody. He hurried down to investigate more closely, if there were judgements to be had he certainly wasn't going to know nothing about it.

MacLoch knelt before the traces of blood examining them closely, the evidence certainly justified the commotion. "That lad may be guilty true enough"
he said referring to Starlequin "Yet I wish to hear Mr Bigglesworth's activities for the last night"

Valerian

Val had not slept well that night, as many did not when trying to sleep in a new, strange place such as this.  But she was awake instantly when the clamor began outside, and could not have been more relieved to learn that no one was harmed.  Frightened and accusatory, yes, which was bad enough, but at least there was still hope that whatever evil plagued them might be stopped before it did too much harm.

When Sunshine Sparkle spoke, Val nodded thoughtfully.  "Yes, I should like to hear that as well, Lord Mayerling," she said quietly.  Her eyes drifted over the marks of blood for a moment, then she shuddered and turned away.  It was better not to dwell on what might have happened; she and all the other innocents of the village needed to have their wits about them for the sake of their future.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Lord Mayerling

“Ah…,” Mayerling met the charges against him by the good Valerian and SunshineSparkle with a dose of skepticism.

Mayerling was dressed in what was left of a humble tunic and tights. It had been torn to shreds as he still wore it in his sleep; seemingly helpless against a much more powerful, animalistic assailant.

“I can tell you this, m’ladies,” he retorted, “my night was filled with far more horror than yours.”

Mayerling moved to a central area of the village where a tree had been felled and removed long ago, and now an old gray stump of tree formed a natural stage from which to tell his story. He mounted the stump, and thus began,

“My friends, I come to you now as sole witness that there in fact are werewolves living among us. I can assure you of this fact because, while the rest of you were struggling to find a bit of sleep in this deeply forsaken place, I was attacked near mortally. As you can see I will need to replace my wardrobe.” Mayerling made a gesture apologizing for his appearance.

“Fortunately for myself, I was saved from a sure death only through my own knowledge of brewing and alchemy. After the creature had left, I was able to mix a concoction of various proprietary substances to act as an elixir. By consuming it, I was able to survive. Unfortunately, it contains several poisons that, through the years, I have been able to build a tolerance. However, I am sure it would kill any of you if you consumed it, and sadly I will also perish should I need to take more of it.

“For some reason, I am seen as a danger amongst you, but it is now proven that I am of flesh and blood, like the rest of the innocents among us in this place. Now knowing that I have survived an attack, surely my time among you is short. I will certainly be attacked again, and this time I won’t be able to save myself. This may very well be my last day among you, but do not end it with the lynching of an innocent. End it with the lynching of my assailant.

“In this determination I can help you, for through my survival of the incident, I know who attacked me.” Mayerling scanned the eyes of the gathered villagers. “The costume of a grisly wolf can only conceal so much, but a brewer sees with something else.” Mayerling put the tip of his finger to his nose.

“The wolf carried the scent of sweetness with him, and this leaves only two possibilities.”

Mayerling’s eyes moved to the candy cigarettes in Starlequin’s hands. “Ah yes, the weakness that leads to betrayal.” Mayerling shifted his eyes to the baker. “Though we can’t forget our local baker, either. Was it to be me that was going to fill your mince meat pies, sir?

“To me, both Starlequin and Ryven must be werewolves among us. My vote must be for Ryven. Please heed my words, friends, for I was seen as a threat because I am believable and persuasive, but also because I have a strong nose for lying and truth. I may sacrifice my life to prove myself; so be it. But do not let me be slain in vain. Let my death take with me the one who tried to kill me. Do it in order to save yourselves. Keep in mind that both Starlequin and Ryven voted for Torch for Sherriff. Therefore she must be suspect as well. You must also suspect anyone else who attempts to ruse being the survivor of last night's attack. Use this information after I am gone. Save you it will.”

Sarena

It was hard to figure out who to trust when trust did not come easy to begin with.  Sarena pulled her threadbare sweater tight around herself and folded her arms across her chest as she listened to the small crowd.  The finger pointing and blame, the accusations, it did not take long for it all to begin.  Mayerling's stories of werewolves in their midst sent shivers down her spine.  She was not sure she could trust this man completely, but she was sure that he was telling the truth about being attacked.

Werewolves?  She looked up at the morning sky, remembering a full moon the night before.  Could it be true?

She steered clear of the drying blood on the ground, watching Mr. Bigglesworth and Xandi as they stood close to each other.  Her eyes narrowed as she watched the gentleman.  "You are awfully quick to point the blame at Starlequin, Mr. Bigglesworth.  While I am highly disturbed by his molestation of the gopher population, I cannot help but feel that you are trying to hide something yourself."

Autumn Sativus

Votes
Starlequin (3)
Mr Bigglesworth (3)
Lord Mayerling (2)
Kyrsa (1)
Mithlomwen (1)
Niferbelle (1)
Ryven (1)

Yet To Vote:
Us against the world

Niferbelle

NIferbelle was looking drawn and gaunt, the result of her largely unsuccessful attempts to sleep the night before. She had holed up in a corner in one of the abandoned houses after having made no attempt to tidy the place or make it more homey. As if hiding could make her safe. She wandered out into the street with the others to examine the evidence of the attack the night before though she simply looked bewildered when others began expressing their opinions on who was behind it as if such matters were beyond her. She did not even muster any alarm when the one named Ryven pointed the finger of accusation at her. Her eyes were sad as she turned to him.

"There's naught I can do 'bout what folks want to b'lieve but I tell ya, I was hidin' last night and nothing else," she said, her voice barely more than a whisper as the others talked around her. As Starlequin began to speak he drew her attention and she drifted a little closer to him.

"I do," she said softly and raised her hand as he inquired after someone who knew their way around a fitted sheet though her response was likely lost once again in the continuing discussion. She waited until there was a lull and then expressed her opinion in a shaky voice, knowing it would be expected and wanting to get it out of the way. "I think if Mr. Starlequin was meanin' us harm he'd have come up with prettier lies to make us like him more. It's Mr. Bigglesworth that don't sit right with me. But what would I know about it?"

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. Bigglesworth stood there, holding Xandi's hand, listening to people accusing him of this horrible act.

"All I have ever done is try to to help, to make sure everybody had shelter, and a warm place to sleep.  I was in my cabin last night sleeping, just as the rest of you, at least all but one."  He was at a loss for words, his words caught a little in his throat: "One of us did this, but I assure you it wasn't me.  If you look into your hearts, can you really see me harming one of you?"

There was nothing else he had to say, he stepped a little closer to Xandi and listened...

Sasha

Sasha had moved off and found a lovely little cabin and after sweeping the thing out ....finding a nice spot to mount up each of her lovely hats . She had wore herself out for the night ....then again it might of been the reward system as well . For she had just about managed to empty that one little flask of potent home brewed whiskey she had found . So this morning she had awakened with a pounding in her lovely head that so far a kettle of coffee had not quite managed to cure .

Sipping the hot steamy liquid ....she had listened to the whale of a tale that Lord Mayerling was weaving . Did sound like a Doctor Jekyll and Mister Hyde sort of thing. Was it time to break out the garlic necklaces or was that to ward off vampires. As the yarn ended it took a turn that caused the pounding to increase ten fold  ...glancing over at Starlequin and the muffin man Ryven all she could think of was did the woods nearby maybe have some blue berries . Oh indeed the sweet taste of blueberries in a wonderful cake like goodness sounded heavenly right about now .

Seemed the sway of other chirping in all were pointing their finger at a gentleman named Bigglesworth ....who retorted quickly with a defense of ...it wasn't me . Seemed the finger pointing game was full on ...but  they now knew whose blood had been spilled on the ground it was the by whom that had been left up in the air now . Well more correctly ...if the tale be true they had a nasty hidden beast in their midst. Starlequin was always such a delightful strange type of character ...did that poor man say he cried himself to sleep .

"Well one might not be meaning to do us any harm ...Sir Bigglesworth...if that little yarn told by Lord Mayerling has any truth in it . Maybe you only think you slept through the night ?"  though an uneasy feeling crept up inside of her as she spoke and shiver ran down her spine . Really needed to start reading the fine print in these Elliquiy promoted vacations though this one at least no one had perished yet a step up from that luxury train ride a year or so back . Either way a note to herself was indeed needed to be made at this point .

Biting her lip ....she did have a pot of coffee in her hands ...." I ...brewed some coffee ...anyone in need of it this morning ?"  it was rather distasteful to be accusing anyone so early in the morning hours .  Maybe the rich brew would help clear their heads . Seriously were they really considering a werewolf might be amongst them ..pouring herself more coffee anyways. It was indeed time to wake up if nothing else go off and find some berries for those muffins .

Autumn Sativus

Votes
Starlequin (5)
Mr Bigglesworth (3)
Lord Mayerling (2)
Kyrsa (1)
Mithlomwen (1)
Niferbelle (1)
Ryven (1)
Xandi (1)

Yet To Vote:
Falanor, James Moriarty, Kyrsa, Lord Mayerling, Mcsc, Mithlomwen, Mr Bigglesworth, Niferbelle, Remiel, Ryven, Sarena, Sasha,Starlequin, SunshineSparkle, That Girl Analise, ThatRPGuy, Torch, Valerian, Xandi
Us against the world

Galactic Druid

"I can't say I trust any of you not to harm me, Bigglesworth." Guy snapped as he emerged from his home. "I was well and good here until the lot of you showed up!" His eyes scanned the remaining people. "Do I think it was you? No, no I don't, but your lady friend there...." he pointed at Xandi. "...seems so concerned it's suspicious!"

James Moriarty

After a refreshing evening walk with wonderful company, James was shocked to wake to such drama the following morning.  Scanning those around him carefully and listening to the accusations tossed around so vehemently, he felt compelled to weigh in.

"I am moved by Lord Mayerling's story -- it has the ring of truth about it.  I must therefore place my vote with one of those whom the victim has named -- sir, Starlequin, you must be stopped from harming anyone else!  And who would believe you would eat peanut butter and ketchup, anyway?  All half-truths and sleights of hand, I say!  Peanut butter I can believe -- but I think that this 'ketchup' you speak of is blood -- that of the victim you would have killed had it not been for his marvelous alchemical skills!"

Sarena

She was torn.  So many accusations being thrown around in different directions, Sarena wished there was some way she could be certain.  Sadly, there was not.  The good thing in all of this was that they were all alive and in good health.  Relatively, at least.  But that would not be the case for long, she was afraid.  The last thing Sarena wanted to do was be responsible for the death of an innocent man.

She hugged herself a little tighter against the chill that she could not entirely blame on the cool air, "I'm afraid I may have misspoken.  Professor made some very good points, Starlequin.  Have you nothing to say for yourself?"

Starlequin

It was impossible. It was inconceivable. It was the height of absurdity! But somehow, Starlequin's fellow rubes still suspected him of murder almost foul. One by  one they seemed to turn on him, and he shrank away from the crowd like a hunted tuna, his back to the nearest wall. But when the Professor questioned his dining habits, Starlequin's wide eyes flashed with indignation.

"Ah-Haaaaaaaa*cough-hack-splutter*aaaah!" He cried, pointing a trembling finger at Moriarty. "You have demolished your own case against me! I am incapable of sleight of hand, for you see, I am 1/64th platypus on my mother's father's brother's cousin's grandpa's sister's husband's neighbor's girlfriend's postman's side! And as everyone knows, platypi can't perform ledgerdemain!  So obviously, I am merely an innocent bystander, while almost any one of you could be a vicious, murderous, bloodthirsty killer monster!" He stopped for a moment and looked around again, realizing that he was in fact still surrounded and managed to squeak out a caveat. "Of course, I'm sure you're all actually quite wonderful people who wouldnt hurt a fly..."

Remiel

"What does it matter?" sighed Remiel, gloomily.  "We're all cursed, the whole bloody lot of us.  The Grim Reaper has our names listed in his ledger; we are all doomed to a man, or woman as the case may be.  If we're lucky, we'll dance the hemp fandango; if not, we'll wake up one morning to find our throats ripped out."

He eyed Starlequin, Mr. Bigglesworth, and Lord Mayerling each in turn.  Knowing that deduction was useless at this juncture, as there was really not any useful information to go on yet, he decided to vote randomly.  But how to leave it to chance when there were three candidates? There was no such thing as a three-sided coin.

After pondering the problem a bit, he dug three graves, turned away from the three with his back to them, and threw a small finger-bone over his shoulder.  When he turned back, he discovered that the finger-bone had landed in the middle grave.

"So shall it be," he muttered.  "The bell tolls for Mr. Bigglesworth."

His vote cast, Remiel returned to his digging.

Autumn Sativus

Votes
Starlequin (7)
Mr Bigglesworth (4)
Lord Mayerling (2)
Kyrsa (1)
Mithlomwen (1)
Niferbelle (1)
Ryven (1)
Xandi (1)

Yet To Vote:
Falanor, James Moriarty, Kyrsa, Lord Mayerling, Mcsc, Mithlomwen, Mr Bigglesworth, Niferbelle, Remiel, Ryven, Sarena, Sasha,Starlequin, SunshineSparkle, That Girl Analise, ThatRPGuy, Torch, Valerian, Xandi
Us against the world

Autumn52

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on October 10, 2012, 10:30:26 PM
"I can't say I trust any of you not to harm me, Bigglesworth." Guy snapped as he emerged from his home. "I was well and good here until the lot of you showed up!" His eyes scanned the remaining people. "Do I think it was you? No, no I don't, but your lady friend there...." he pointed at Xandi. "...seems so concerned it's suspicious!"

Xandi was astonished that she was accused. She understood that everyone was upset and throwing out accusation but to accuse her simply for being concerned made no sense to her.

"Kind sir if being in love makes one look suspicious then I pray for all of us. Mr. Bigglesworth could not be responsible for such horrible deeds. He is a good man and has always been a gentleman. Any of you who have spoken his name in a misguided attempt to flesh out the guilty, I beg you to reconsider."

In front of the assembly Xandi stood from the stump and kissed Mr. Bigglesworth's cheek. "I shall expect you for dinner at 7." She walked back to her small cottage and began preparing dinner for the man she had fallen in love with.

Torch

Listening as accusations were bandied about and declarations of innocence were stated, Torch stood silent and contemplative. She had her doubts about the veracity of her fellow villager's stories, but tipping her hand seemed unwise at the moment. The truth would come out soon enough, although perhaps not soon enough to save them from whatever evil seemed to be lurking in the shadows during the night.

"The fact is, none of us really knows what happened last night. Any one of us could have been attacked, just as any one of us could have been the attacker. The one thing we do know is that someone here is not who he...or she appears to be. As of this moment, the most likely suspect is Starlequin."

Her eyes shifted around the group, taking note of who was present...and more particularly, who was absent. "I find it a bit peculiar that our newly elected Sheriff is nowhere to be found, although I'm sure there's a good explanation for that." The tone in her voice made plainly clear her dim view of those who shirk their duties. "I'm inclined to agree with Remiel, though. This hollow, and all of us...are cursed."
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

On's and Off's

Sasha

Sasha could not believe the ranting on of the gentleman that she had meet once on that faithless train ride . Well he was unique and that was something to be commended . As another piped in and tossed her acquaintance under the bus so to speak . Standing there holding a silly kettle of coffee ...it was obvious poor Starlequin didn't need any coffee, maybe something a bit stronger . Maybe she ought to go get that flask and offer it . How can one stand by though and not say anything .

She didn't really know him ...but this finger pointing seemed unsettling at best . What were they going to do to him anyways ...kick him out of town at worse . Maybe that would save him , appease the wolfs at bay that were licking at the front door . Odd they always seem to romance the union of meeting a vampire but the werewolf ...no you were just shredded and left like yesterdays garbage along the side of the road . Rage ...all of it .

It seemed cowardly to just stand there ...as Torch arrived asking about the Sheriff ..." Maybe he is already off hunting down clues ....though I not seen him yet this morning . " Wondering if maybe there might be another casualty to add to the list ." Has anyone seen them ....mean could we possibly have more than just Lord Mayerling that was assaulted. Or maybe they needed a little extra time in the bed ... not everyone gets up at the crack of dawn you know . " which she was a bit jealous of if truth be told . Least the pounding of her head had subsided.

Other thoughts popped up ....Something about the werewolf she was forgetting ...still warding them off with poison ..was that possible .  The real humor was she was not quite sure she bought into all this ...but then she was a bit naive and figured they would just settle down about it all maybe . Blueberries ...though she would have to hunt some up .

Kye

Kyrsa listened to the back and forth quietly, though she did shake her head sadly when she was accused.  She'd hoped that Miller's Hollow would be a place to start over, a place of safety and prosperity, but she could already tell that if she wanted it to be that way she would have to be willing to fight for it. 

"How can any of us accuse anyone at this point?  We don't know who among us will tell the truth, let alone who might be behind this.  A choice must be made, however... and since I cannot in all truth make a choice based on fact, I will follow along with my fellows and hope that they know better than I.  I'm sorry, Starlequin..." she shook her head and wrapped her shawl more tightly around her shoulders, her shivering having little to do with the chill in the air. 

Falanor

Falanor listened to the arguments, the rants, the accusations and considered the point that the people were making.  There was certainly a lot of blood he observed.  Yet the fact that no one was missing was quite the conundrum for him.  Werewolves? he thought, hearing the claim Mayerling was making.  That sounds downright preposterous.  Rabid wolves, mayhaps...but lycanthorpes?

Pulling his duster tight, hands in the pockets, he hated to decide without more evidence.  "Unfortunately I must concur with the majority here.  Starlequin you seem a bit...too suspicious, especially for a member of the Ornithorhynchidae family."

Autumn Sativus

I'll give it until morning for any vote changes or final votes to come in. :-)
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Final Votes
Starlequin (8)
Mr Bigglesworth (4)
Lord Mayerling (2)
Kyrsa (1)
Mithlomwen (1)
Niferbelle (1)
Ryven (1)
Xandi (1)

Yet To Vote:

Through the day the votes continued to come in, some changing their minds, others having more personal reasons for altering their votes after quiet conversations had in back alleys, meant to convince. But in the end it all comes down to one and how very unfortunate Starlequin was to have been chosen. Perhaps the admission to his gopher problem was just too much for these people to believe an innocent man could do. But he was just that, innocent, a mere Peasant who had been wrongfully accused.

His many protests as his fate was sealed tighter and tighter had meant nothing to these people and now, they were down a good man. Well, good in the sense of being on their side, at least.

Starlequin's lifeless body hanging from the trees was all the evidence needed to know that lies were being spread, but how could anyone begin to piece together the truth in all of this. Were there really wolves attacking the villagers at night? Well, it seemed they would soon find out as it was starting to get dark.

Good luck.

Night Falls
The Werewolves and company will soon receive a message soon regarding who their noms for the night are.
Each of the night-active roles should PM Saffron with whether they do or do not wish to use their ability tonight.
Us against the world

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. B. felt sick as he watched poor Starlequin's lifeless body swinging from the tree - especially since he had had a hand in sealing Starlequin's fate.  There was nothing he could do now though, and worse, the village was still in just as much danger as last night.

It was starting to get dark, so he turned around, his head held low, and quickly shuffled back to his cabin to get cleaned up before heading over to Xandi's cottage for dinner before nightfall.

Galactic Druid

Hanging his head, Guy made his way back to his home. "Should of stood up for 'em..." he grumbled to himself. He didn't know any if these strangers, but he hardly wanted to see them kill one another in cold blood, either.  Sure, he didn't cast his vote for Starlequin, but he felt no less guilty for it.

Worst of all, they weren't any safer now than they were the night before.

Mr Bigglesworth

The hour neared seven, and Mr. Bigglesworth had gotten cleaned up, but was still quite shaken by the entire day, and the horror of seeing an innocent man die.  He picked up the deserts he had promised to bring to dinner, and slowly opened the door to his cottage.

Warily sticking his head past the door's slight opening, he peered out in all directions, looking for any beast that might be stalking the night; once he was sure the coast was clear he plotted the most direct route to Xandi's cottage, stepped out, silently closing the door behind him, and walked as quickly and quietly as he could.  He was wondering if she even knew what happened to Starlequin.

When he got to her front door, he looked around again, making sure it was safe, then he knocked, hoping she would answer quickly, since standing outside in the dark was unnerving to say the least.

Autumn52

After hearing about Starlequin Xandi felt terrible. She had cast a vote in his direction. He was a strange little man but he was innocent and she had been crying all day in the realization that she had had a part in his demise. So what if he had strange parentage. So what if he had strange habits, she thought about the gofers he had mentioned. There was nothing she could now but pray his spirit be claimed by God and he be at peace.

Xandi had lit several candles and had been praying for his soul all afternoon. She had forgotten about Mr. B coming over until she heard the knock on her door. She wiped her eyes and went to the door. Upon opening it she said, "Come in dear. I am so happy that you are here." She closed the door behind him and kissed his cheek, her tears stained cheeks still moist. "I was hoping you would stay with me tonight. I am afraid. I also made dinner hours ago so it will need to be reheated, I hope that is okay."
Xandi hugged him and held him close to her for longer than was probably acceptable given the circumstances but right now she didn't care she was afraid and thought that there might be safety in numbers. She was confident that a big strong man like Mr. B would be able to protect her if anyone unwelcome came calling. Plus she trusted him and loved him.

Mr Bigglesworth

When she opened the door, Mr. B. saw the candles, her face flush from tears; he could tell she was taking the news hard.   When she hugged him he held her tight, holding her head against his shoulder and stroking her hair, for as long as they both needed it

"I will stay the night dear, it will be safer for both of us" he said, wiping a tear from her eye "Honestly, I am not really all that hungry right now, we can worry about dinner later if that's OK with you"  He was glad she asked him to stay, if anything happened to her and he wasn't there, well, he would never be able to forgive himself.

He gestured to the sofa where they could sit and just talk, or sit quietly taking comfort in each other's presence.

Sarena

The deed was done and as Sarena stared at Starlequin's lifeless body, she thought, may God have mercy on our souls.  She turned away, hugging her sweater tighter around her body as she made her way back to her cabin.  She had played a role in the death of an innocent man, and she didn't think she would ever be able to forgive herself for that. 

As night fell, she sat down to another meal of rations and looked around the barren cabin.  Furniture was the last thing on her mind at the moment, but she was sure that eventually, she would need to find a couch or something.  She blew out the candles near her bedroll and got to her feet.  It was doubtful that sleep would come easy, if at all, this night.  She stood at the window and looked out on the empty, dusty street.  Her eyes avoided the tree where Starleguin had been hung.  A shiver ran down her spine as she wished, at least for this night, that she was not alone.

SunshineSparkle

Sunshine saw the mass of people gathered together,she put her grocery bag back inside her car and walked toward them.To her complete surprise she found herself starring at Starlequin's lifeless body hanging from the tree,she hadn't thought he was the culprit the night before which wasn't enough to ease the guilt she was feeling.Eying suspiciously the rest of the group,now and more than ever trusting was mission impossible.She turned her gaze back to the body and with a heavy heart,she turned back to her private sanctuary where she hoped she would be safer

The rest of her day went by quickly,keeping her busy with collecting enough wood for her fireplace or finishing tidying her house and setting things in their places.From her window,she watched the sun set as the sky was beginning to darken.Her mental strength was wanning after what had happened since her arrival here.Dwelling on the recent incidents won't bring any sense of security,she was far from being safe
She decided to get back to her cooking task,letting one of her favorite Miles Davis albums fill the wall of her kitchenette,she listened to So Far,So Near humming it softly as she began preparing dinner,the vivid images of the day's events still present and scaring

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Autumn Sativus

It seemed things were beginning to get worse.

Morning came, but most of the villagers were already gathered in the centre of town by the time the sun was up. A scream in the wee hours of morning signalled the discovery of the body by someone who had gone out for an early morning stroll to watch the sunrise, hoping it would lighten their day. Unfortunately instead, the poor dear was the first to come upon the mangled remains of Torch, a Peasant. It certainly didn't look like anything a human being could do... the claw and teeth marks beginning to prove the crazy man's story about the wolves from the day prior.

Teary eyed villagers now suffering the loss of two on their side were forced to begin the process again, hoping that their choice would be correct this time. Their numbers already shrinking fast, they were running out of time...

Players
  • Falanor
  • James Moriarty
  • Kyrsa
  • Lord Mayerling
  • Mcsc
  • Mithlomwen
  • Mr Bigglesworth
  • Niferbelle
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Sarena
  • Sasha
  • SunshineSparkle
  • That Girl Analise
  • ThatRPGuy
  • Valerian
  • Xandi

Roles
  • Peasants x7-8
  • Priest
  • Seer
  • Guardian
  • Healer
  • Alchemist
  • Halfbreed
  • Werewolves x2-3
  • Alpha
Us against the world

Sarena

Her scream echoed in her ears, a hand coming up to cover her mouth as she stared down at Torch's ravaged body.  The morning chill seeping deep into her bones.  She took a step backward, and another, her head shaking back and forth in denial.  As if the mere act could undo the tragic death of what had been a strong woman.  There was no way they could scoff at the proclamations of werewolves any longer. 

"Mayerling was right..." the sound of her voice was low, muffled behind her own hand as she backed away from the lifeless body, "he was right all along..."

She turned her back on Torch's body all but breaking into a run away from the stench of death and fear and came face to face with onlookers as people began to come out of their homes.  Her hand dropped from her mouth, "Torch is dead!  Werewolves!" she pointed behind her at the body lying mangled on the ground, "Mayerling was right...werewolves."

Her eyes searched the faces, "Where is Ryven?!" 

Ryven

He had just come upon the scene.  The body of Torch or what remained of it lay helpless in the street.  Tears began to emerge from his eyes, a sense of overwhelming dread coming over him.  It was then that Sarena accused him which turned his sorrow into anger.

"How dare you?!"  He nearly shouted.  "I believed in her!  I voted for her because I trusted her.  We had history together, and now you accuse me of being her murderer?!  I would as soon cut off my own arm than kill a friend so dear, but you..."  he said, his arm lifting to point one shaking finger at Sarena.

"I have no choice but to believe you had something to do with it," he said as his tears stained the dirt much like the blood of his beloved friend.

SunshineSparkle

She heard it loud and clear,a gut wrenching scream coming from down the street.She hurried outside to find herself starring at Torch's dead body as tears began falling on her cheeks,the marks on her body resembles those on Mayerling last night,they were the evidence that no human could perform such a cruel act.Werewolves
She was barely aware of both Sarena and Ryven accusing each other of the crime,her thoughts chaotic and incoherent while her eyes kept looking at the girl's body lying lifeless.

Her gaze looked around at the others "Whoever dared to do this to a harmless girl is heartless" She threw an accusing eye at everyone "I would like to hear about what Analise was up to this night"

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Autumn52

Upon hearing the screams Xandi woke in Mr. B's arms. They had kept each other safe throughout the night, but that blood curdling scream could only mean one thing, someone else had not been so lucky. Xandi stirred, kissing Mr. B's cheek, "Something has happened. Did you hear that?" As she got out of bed and stumbled to the door she could see some of the people standing around something. Her heart almost stopped as she saw it was Torch or what was left of her. It was true, beast had done this, it was the only explanation to the devastation that poor Torch had suffered.

Xandi could hear the other accusing each other and thought about what a mistake it had been to jump to conclusions with Starlequin. She thought for a moment and then said, "Who found the body?" It was still early and after the long day of yesterday she thought it odd that anyone would be up and about at such an early hour. After a few minutes someone said, 'Sarena', and Xandi looked to her and asked, "What are you doing up and about at such an early hour Sarena?"

Xandi couldn't bear to look at Torch's lifeless body. The thought of such a wonderful woman being decimated in such a way made her feel quite sick. If this could happen to poor Torch, she could be next or maybe Mr. B. Anyone could be next and that thought along with the events that had already taken place in this villiage had her shaking.

Autumn Sativus

Reminder!
All villagers arrive in the centre of town at the same time each morning, or choose to come in late when their make their response. When they post is relevant to when they were online and available, not their role in the game.
Us against the world

That Girl Analise

"Me?" she said, looking to Sparkle. Her voice had croaked out in a squeek, terrified at even the thought of committing such an act. She knew -much like her first vote -it was likely a shot in the dark, but even still... "No, no. I can't have possibly. Anyone who knows me can vouch that I have not the fingernails to make such gouge marks" she displayed her hands "Any good chef keeps them as clean and as trim as possible," she paused, looking to the group. She looked to Mayerling You were quick to accuse the innocent yesterday, weren't you?"

Edit: just added the word yesterday in there

Edit2: Forgot that Star was lynched, was looking at past posts rather than current settings. oops.

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. B had been in a deep sleep, having a nightmare of sorts when he felt Xandi's sof kiss and opened his groggy eyes - only to realize it was no nightmare, it was far worse - it was real!  "Yes, I did I ... I thought it was a bad dream".  He climbed out of bed, and followed her to the door, and  upon seeing the morbid scene he just blurted out "Oh no, not Torch!"  His worst fears were now true - there really were werewolves among them.  He had trusted her, he had even voted for her to be Sherif.

"Yes, Serena was first on the scene, but I think I've seen her out early before - I think she just enjoys sunrises.  ThatRPGuy - he always seemed kinda suspicions.  Wasn't he here when we arrived?  He didn't seem too happy with our arrival, maybe he is trying to chase us out of his "private little sanctuary"?

He held Xandi tight, now more afraid than ever that he might lose her to these vile beasts.

Autumn Sativus

Starlequin was lynched on Day 2 and was a peasant.

Voting for the person who posted first simply for that reason is not acceptable. Reason or vote should change if this is why you voted. I will not be counting them.

This is not a modern world. It is a world very much like you might have found in the days of the witch burnings. You as a group live in a small abandoned village with forest surrounding you. There is no grocery store. There are no vehicles. No electricity. Etc.

Please don't make me put on my GM hat. When the GM has to get involved, bad things happen to everyone. >:) I don't want to mess with the game play by having to post reminders like this, I want you all to have fun. Don't make me start twisting the game! :-*
Us against the world

That Girl Analise

Quote from: Saffron on October 14, 2012, 09:06:58 AM
Starlequin was lynched on Day 2 and was a peasant.

Voting for the person who posted first simply for that reason is not acceptable. Reason or vote should change if this is why you voted. I will not be counting them.

This is not a modern world. It is a world very much like you might have found in the days of the witch burnings. You as a group live in a small abandoned village with forest surrounding you. There is no grocery store. There are no vehicles. No electricity. Etc.

Please don't make me put on my GM hat. When the GM has to get involved, bad things happen to everyone. >:) I don't want to mess with the game play by having to post reminders like this, I want you all to have fun. Don't make me start twisting the game! :-*

((I just re-read that, changing now))

James Moriarty

James had spent the entire day after Starlequin's lynching in his cabin, pale and unbelieving.  The townsfolk were all caught up in something, and for a long time, he had convinced himself that it was merely the hysteria that too much time in a small group, hunting for a home would eventually bring.  And that he had cast his vote for an innocent...  There was nothing in his dusty books that would help him soothe his conscience on that account.

But when he saw Torch, a chill had gone through him.  Could he have been completely wrong all along?  Could there be animals among them in human guise?  The thought was terrifying.

Watching who took sides with whom, he shook his head knowingly and stepped forward.  "It does seem as though Lord Mayerling was right about something, even though he couldn't know the human form of his attacker!  I think that if it was not Starlequin, after all, then it must have been Ryven!  Your clawing days are over, sir, and in ferreting you out we will make sure that Starlequin's death was not in vain!"

Looking down and shuddering, he added softly, "And nor was Torch's, rest her soul."

Autumn52

I didn't know that Sarena liked the sunrise. I'm sorry for accusing her. Please forgive me Sarena. I am just so upset by these events I am not thinking clearly. I will try and think things through more clearly and vote based on something more substantial.

Xandi withdrew and decided to spend the day praying about what to do.

Galactic Druid

"How dare you, Bigglesworth?" Guy snapped as exited his cabin run down home. "You lot come and invade my home, muder one another in my streets, and now attempt to kill me despite my hospitality? I will not stand for this! You brought this curse in with you, men such as you and Ryven!" He glared around the town at the quickly shrinking population, softening slightly as he did. Everyone looked as scared as he was...

Mithlomwen

Mith listened to the growing hostility spreading among the villagers, a feeling of panic spreading through her.  If they were fighting among themselves, they would be easier targets for the wolves. 

"Please everyone.....calm down..."  She implored everyone, her eyes returning to look at Torch's lifeless body.  "We need to be strong in the face of the enemy.  If we are quarreling amongst ourselves, we stand divided.  A unified front might be more help to us." 

After listening to all of the accusations, her mind whirled, wondering who the culprit might be. 

"I believe Ryven is telling the truth.  He voted for Torch in the beginning.  I find it hard to believe that he would suddenly decide to attack her."  Mith thought for a few moments more, trying to piece together the facts that they currently knew.  "It is difficult to believe that these horrific acts were done by one of us."  Glancing around the group, her eyes landed on Sarena.  "I hate to point fingers, but accusing someone of killing a friend seems suspicious to me....." 

She wrung her hands together in worry, wondering how more innocent lives would be lost before the culprit was found.
Baby, it's all I know,

Valerian

Val glanced over at James Moriarty doubtfully.  She was still shocked over the tragic deaths of Starlequin and Torch, but she knew they had to try and stay calm and logical.  "Since Lord Mayerling has been proven wrong about two of his three guesses, I can't imagine why you think his third any more likely to be correct," she pointed out dryly.  "I mean no offense.  You may be right about Ryven -- we know very little, after all -- though I'm not prepared to trust to that logic.  But perhaps those of us who suspected Mr Bigglesworth yesterday had the right idea."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

SunshineSparkle

After hearing Analise's explanation,Sunshine took a few moments going through what had already been said.So many wrong accusations had been thrown,they can't afford to lose another innocent again
She moved toward the other person who she had suspected
"I have a feeling that you are holding back something,Ryven"

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Ryven

"I care not about your accusations against me.  If you are all willing to take someone's life based only on a feeling then I don't know if I want to share this small village with you all.  You say you're concerned about the well being of us all.  Psh..."  He scoffed at SunshineSparkle.  "At least if I die, I will be with my dear friend.  May god rest her soul," he said before kneeling at her body.

He removed his coat and laid it atop Torch's mangled form to obscure the gruesome sight of her barbarically murdered state.  Ryven sought a shovel from the side of his small cottage, the warmth inside a harsh reminder that he had been safe in a warm bed while his dear friend had been murdered outside.  He walked to a remote area just beyond the treeline though still within view of the rest of his fellow townspeople and accusers, and there he began to dig the grave which he would lay Torch's body in.

Autumn Sativus

Votes
Ryven (4)
Mr Bigglesworth (2)
Lord Mayerling (1)
Sarena (1)
ThatRPGuy (1)

Yet To Vote:
Falanor, James Moriarty, Kyrsa, Lord Mayerling, Mcsc, Mithlomwen, Mr Bigglesworth, Niferbelle, Remiel, Ryven, Sarena, Sasha, SunshineSparkle, That Girl Analise, ThatRPGuy, Valerian, Xandi
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Event Activated - Seance
Player chosen by Saffron's dice, Sarena.

With everyone pointing fingers almost blindly, the village decides to organize a seance. The chosen player is permitted to ask one question to the player first devoured by werewolves, who are able to be informed about the truth. Sarena is allowed to choose one question to ask from the following:
Has the Seer discovered at least one Werewolf?
Is one of the Werewolves the Sheriff?
Is the player that I indicate a Simple Peasant?
Am I a Werewolf?
The departed will respond with yes or no.

Torch may now post in the game thread again for the purpose of this event.

(Edited to change Simple Villager to Simple Peasant, as it was the incorrect terminology.)
Us against the world

Galactic Druid

((Not that I'm complaining, but in the interest of playing fair, there's a vote on me, Saff))

Autumn Sativus

For clarification purposes, yes the answer given is true. Keep in mind there are more roles that are not peasants than there are peasants currently. If the question chosen is the indicated player, an answer of no does not indicate which side they are playing for.

Yes, many of the events are designed to benefit one side or the other. The events will even out as more of them occur.

((I never miss them for too long anyway, but I'll fix that now. :P Thanks. Sorry guys.))
Us against the world

Ryven

After having dug the grave where he would lay Torch, his dearly departed friend, he walked back up to the group of people gathered.  He stared mournfully upon the woman's body covered by his coat.

"I believe my initial vote was born out of sorrow and anger, and for that reason I must change it.  I believe Sarena to be innocent.  However, Mr. Bigglesworth, I am not so sure of," he said, and with that, he took Torch's body in his arms and began to carry her to her final resting place.

Remiel

Remiel curled his lip in annoyance when Ryven seized a shovel and began to dig a grave for Torch.  Grave digging was his job, dammit.  Oh, well.  There would be quite a lot of graves dug before this was all over, Remiel thought, so might as well let Ryven have this one.

Leaning against the wall of a termite-eaten old shack,  he crossed his arms and watched a murder of crows descend upon the village cemetery and huddle there, hopping from gravestone to gravestone as they screamed at and conspired with each other. 

"So it begins," he muttered, mostly to himself.  "Personally, I suspect James Moriarty, simply by reason of being too bloody clever by half.  But I'll hold off making accusations until the Seance is done."    Remiel didn't expect to glean any kind of useful information from it, but then, you never knew.  The spirits were capricious, after all.

Sarena

Sarena watched as Ryven recanted his accusations against her, part of her breathing a sigh of relief...another part touched by the display of grief and care over his friend.  She had a hard time believing that a man could be so completely grief stricken over the loss of a friend he had killed just hours before.  "I am afraid I may have spoken in haste as well, my own accusations born out of fear and paranoia.  Before the seance...I must make that right and retract my accusations against Ryven."

Without casting another vote just yet, she went to the dead center of town and looked around, "If this seance is to work, I believe we're all supposed to gather in a circle and hold hands."

It only took a few minutes, and there was a feeling of distrust and fear and anger that seemed to permeate the air around the group as they all took hands.  She closed her eyes and took a slow deep breath, "I wish to ask a question of the recently departed.  Torch, will you answer me one question..." her hands trembled, "Is Xandi a Simple Peasant?"

Autumn Sativus

Game Moderator Interference - Event - Sleeping Spell
The villagers awake on the ground in the centre of town, finding night just beginning to fall. What had happened to the afternoon? It seemed the seance must have gone awry. Still in their circle formation, they sat up one by one and came back to the world, feeling exhausted as though they had spent the entire day running from something. Despite the fact that they'd all just taken a 'nap', there would be no problems sleeping tonight.

Whatever they had called forth, whether it was Torch or some other being, it appeared to have had a purpose. Xandi was missing. It was almost as if she had evaporated into thin air. If not for the note scrawled in the sand, she really would have vanished without a trace. ALPHA it stated, claiming the true identity of the missing woman. Where she had gone was a mystery they could spend forever trying to solve, but it was apparent that the good spirits were watching over the villagers this day.

Exhausted and confused, but glad to know that they were all a little safer tonight, the villagers decided to let the lynch vote go for the day and get some sleep instead.

Players
  • Falanor
  • James Moriarty
  • Kyrsa
  • Lord Mayerling
  • Mcsc
  • Mithlomwen
  • Mr Bigglesworth
  • Niferbelle
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Sarena
  • Sasha
  • SunshineSparkle
  • That Girl Analise
  • ThatRPGuy
  • Valerian

Roles

• Peasants x7-8
  • Priest
  • Seer
  • Guardian
  • Healer
  • Alchemist
  • Halfbreed
  • Werewolves x2-3

Night Falls
The Werewolves will get their PM shortly.
Nighttime roles can PM me their choices.
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Nighttime Event - Backfire
Tonight, if the Werewolves choose a Peasant to eat, they are not eliminated, but instead transform into a Werewolf.
Otherwise, the victim survives and one of the Werewolves is removed at Torch's discretion.

(I've chosen Torch to make up for her role in the Seance. Sarena will also get a second opportunity for an event soon should she remain a player.)
Us against the world

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. Bigglesworth staggered back to his cabin in a state of shock.  Xandi was gone; that she was an Alpha didn't matter to him right now.  Anger swelled in him at Serena for what had happened, though he knew it wasn't her fault in any way; how he had hoped that Xandi would have been proven innocent.

He paced back and forth for a while, then out the door, he headed for Xandi's now abandoned cottage.  He lit the candles she had used to pray for Torch earlier, and prayed for her soul.  Yes, the village was safer - but right now all he knew is that the woman he had fallen in love with was gone, he would never see her or hold her ever again.

Perhaps the rest of the villagers would sleep tonight, it was doubtful that Mr. B. would.

Sasha

Sasha headed back to her cabin ....the day had been another that had brought about some wonders . She was still trying to get the image of Torch's mangled body out of her mind . Simply barbaric ..as she shuddered to think what the next day might bring . Least Ryven had seen to burying the woman .

Still exactly trying to figure out what the seance was all about . The question asked ....well then ...she didn't seem to know what exactly happened . Waking up laying in the dirt road ....ugggh. Her poor hat smashed ...not like the bathing arrangements in this little forgotten place was without a bit of doing on her part . She would head back ...soak in a tub till her toes wrinkled up . Soak and try to figure out what an Alpha was ....had the lovely young lady been one . What did that make Mr Bigglesworth ....her unexpected meal one day . Shivering ....or worse was he one of them ...about to be made one of them .

Should she feel sorry for the poor lad ...just the other day she had tossed his name into the hat . Thinking that he was leading the poor Xandi astray . Well what a shitty judge of character that all turned out to be . Indeed a long soak in the tub with a bottle of that whiskey .

SunshineSparkle

Streets were nearly desert as one by one the villagers returned to their cabins,she rushed towards her door,closing it cautiously.Her thoughts were still clouded by the macabre image of Torch's mutilated body,she prayed silently for this nightmare to end and that no other innocent was again sacrificed

The upcoming seance brought questions about what might happen in the next hours,Xandi being an Alpha surprised her as much as her sudden disappearance did.Did that mean that Xandi decided who lived and who dies,was she Torch's killer? Nothing made sense right now,the saying says appearances are deceptive ... Exhaustion took away all her concerns,all what she wanted now was sleep

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Torch

As all became quiet once again, a spectral mist formed under the moonlight. The mist ebbed and flowed, never gaining shape but always moving and swirling along the streets of the Hollow, until it came upon the sleeping form of Kyrsa. Unnoticed by anyone the mist consumed the woman, pulling her, body and soul, down into the depths of whatever hell from which it had been spawned.

The phantom spirit of Torch had made its presence known during the night. The curse of the Hollow had claimed another.

It is now Saffron's responsibility to continue the game. Please, no posts from any of the remaining players until she makes an appearance.

On's and Off's

Autumn Sativus

Event Conclusion - Backfire
As the group woke in the morning, a quick head count would show that Kyrsa was missing. It seemed that the ghost of the dearly departed Torch had not yet finished with her revenge on the wolves that had claimed her life. Though, there was no evidence to show that Kyrsa had been anything but a peasant. Torch had apparently had a great determination to help her fellows out, exposing the Halfbreed for their true nature. The villagers had little to do but thank their friend for her assistance in helping them.

This news did come as a surprise, however. It meant those pesky wolves had tried to eat someone special the night before. They were going to have to be extra-careful come nightfall.

Still, now it was morning and it seemed the world wasn't quite done upsetting the lives of those who lived in Miller's Hollow today.

Event - Great Distrust
Finding Kyrsa disappeared during the night, a sudden feeling of fear and distrust begins to run through the villagers of Miller's Hollow. Before the voting for the day can proceed, each player must designate two other plays they will vouch for. Players who do not have at least 2 vouches after all vouches are in may not survive to see the vote. The villagers must simply offer their vouches to those they know are innocent and wait to see what may happen next. Please vouch for two players by placing their names in bold. After every player has given their vouches, the game will continue. Vouches may not be changed for any reason. Once you have vouched, your vouches are sealed.

Players
  • Falanor
  • James Moriarty
  • Lord Mayerling
  • Mcsc
  • Mithlomwen
  • Mr Bigglesworth
  • Niferbelle
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Sarena
  • Sasha
  • SunshineSparkle
  • That Girl Analise
  • ThatRPGuy
  • Valerian

Roles

• Peasants x7-8
  • Priest
  • Seer
  • Guardian
  • Healer
  • Alchemist
  • Werewolves x2-3
Us against the world

That Girl Analise

Avoiding contact with any of those she aligned herself, lest it prove bothersome, Ana stood from where she sat in the center of town. "I've been thinking about everything that has happened since we got here. I've thought of two people who I would trust," she took a deep breath. "Valerian seems to be someone of worth, as does Sarena. I only hope that my trust is not misplaced," she took a deep breath. She said it. Now she would simply wait and see what others said.

Mr Bigglesworth

(Sorry for the short post, I'm on the road)

Mr B. didn't even have to think: Sarena and Mith are both innocent!

Autumn Sativus

A couple of quick notes:
No, you cannot vouch for yourself. ::)

There is no maximum number of vouches for any one person.
Us against the world

SunshineSparkle

Deciding whom to trust proved to be a difficult task than she thought.Listening carefully to the going-on chatter,Sunshine scanned the gathered crowd as each submitted their opinions
Taking a few deep breaths,she took a step forward "I think that both Valerian and James Moriarty are trustworthy"

O&O    A&A    Avatars

James Moriarty

James stepped forward to offer his thoughts.  There were people in their midst he trusted with his life, and his only thought was to try to keep them just as safe as they had kept him these past days and nights.

"There are certainly more than two here among you I believe in, but among those, I am entirely certain that SunshineSparkle and ThatRPGuy are two that none of us need fear turning our backs to, day or night."

With that, he withdrew again to the sidelines to observe -- there were also those among them he did not trust.

Mithlomwen

At this point Mith had no idea who to trust.  She smiled at Mr Bigglesworth, appreciative of his vouching for her and returning the favor to him.  Glancing around what was left of their group, she thought for several long moments before deciding whom she should also place her trust.  "I shall also vouch for Ryven." She replied quietly, hoping that her trust wasn't misplaced. 
Baby, it's all I know,

Remiel

"Who can I vouch for?" muttered the cantankerous Remiel.  "Hrm, well, let's see."  He doffed his hat, swabbing his grimy forehead with a handkerchief while he leaned upon his shovel.  "The fact is, I trust none of you bastards.  If you're not actual lycanthropes, you're swindlers, thieves and ne'er-do-wells."  He replaced his hat, surveying the surviving villagers with suspicion.

"Using reason, however, we can arrive at certain indisputable truths.  The fact is that both Kyrsa and Xandi are now known to be werewolves.   Logic, then, dictates that those who voted for either should necessarily be innocent, as monsters would not likely vote against monsters.   Of all of us, there are only two who suspected either Kyrsa or Xandi:  ThatRPGuy and Starlequin.

"Ergo, ThatRPGuy is the most trustworthy out of all of us.   Starlequin, sadly, is no longer around.   Who else, then, to vouch for?

"The first night there was a thwarted attack.  This tells us next to nothing, except for Lord Mayerling's testimony.  Either he is a fantastic actor and a liar, or else he is telling the truth, that he was the intended target of the werewolves, but escaped due to skill and chance.  This makes me suspect that he is either the Guardian or the Healer.  Either way,  I think it is safe to vouch for Lord Mayerling."

His speech concluded, Remiel nodded to himself, and returned to his digging.

Autumn Sativus

Vouches
Falanor
James Moriarty 11
Lord Mayerling 11
Mcsc
Mithlomwen 1
Mr Bigglesworth 1
Niferbelle 1
Remiel 111
Ryven 1
Sarena 11
Sasha
SunshineSparkle 1
That Girl Analise 1
ThatRPGuy 111
Valerian 11

Yet to Vouch
Falanor, James Moriarty, Lord Mayerling, Mcsc, Mithlomwen, Mr Bigglesworth, Niferbelle, Remiel, Ryven, Sarena, Sasha, SunshineSparkle, That Girl Analise, ThatRPGuy, Valerian
Us against the world

Niferbelle

NIferbelle felt at a loss to keep up with events, so many missing or dead and something told her it had just begun. She was tired and hungry and as she had no real friends among the group, could only guess when she spoke up to vouch for others.

"I believe that Lord Mayerling was attacked and survived, so I will choose him," she said after others had begun to weigh in. She wasn't certain who else she would pick but Remiel at least expressed some regret over poor Mr. Starlequin, that first death weighing heavily on her still, and was taking on the thankless drudgery of digging. Those were both good signs. "And I will say Mr. Remiel for my second, for my own reasons."

WIth that she stepped back and blended once again back into the crowd.

Lord Mayerling

Mayerling sat on the broken knoll of a fallen tree and sucked on a stalk of wheat. "Well I know who one of the wolves is, as I said before...but as for who's safe...I can vouch for Sir Remiel and Lady Niferbelle, both of whom are upstanding citizens in this community. Now then, onto more important matters.... This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our maker and glory to his bounty by learning about... BEER."

Galactic Druid

"I'm glad to see someone here has some sense. Thank you, Remiel, Moriarty, I'd be unwise not to vouch for you in turn." Guy said, joining the crowd. He was still very unsure about trusting these strangers, but now, others had opted to put faith in him, it was time he started believing in others as well. He only prayed that his faith would not be misplaced.

Valerian

Despite everything, Val had to smile faintly at Remiel's opinions of the group.  "I suppose mistrusting everyone makes some sense, considering," she admitted, wryly.  "But perhaps it will do us some good to think of who we feel we can trust, instead of dwelling on who might be a villain.  ThatRPGuy, for instance, seems trustworthy to me.  And That Girl Analise seems to have everyone's best interests at heart.  I wish there was more that I felt certain about, but I hope I'm at least correct in this."  Her smile faded, and she settled back to watch as the others spoke up.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Sarena

Everything was happening so fast and so slow all at the same time.  What little sleep Sarena had gotten the night before, no matter how exhausted she was, had been fitful sleep filled with nightmares of the mangled body of Torch and wolves.  She stuffed her hands in her pockets as she listened to the others, surprised but thankful to hear her own name.  She looked off into the distance beyond the gates they had come through just days ago.

"Bigglesworth and Analise, it is my honor to return the favor."  She took a soft, deep breath and waited.  There was an energy in the air that she did not like. 

Autumn Sativus

Vouches
Falanor
James Moriarty 11
Lord Mayerling 11
Mcsc
Mithlomwen 11
Mr Bigglesworth 11
Niferbelle 1
Remiel 1111
Ryven 11
Sarena 11
Sasha 1
SunshineSparkle 1
That Girl Analise 11
ThatRPGuy 111
Valerian 11

Yet to Vouch
Falanor, James Moriarty, Lord Mayerling, Mcsc, Mithlomwen, Mr Bigglesworth, Niferbelle, Remiel, Ryven, Sarena, Sasha, SunshineSparkle, That Girl Analise, ThatRPGuy, Valerian
Us against the world

Sasha

The morning brought even worse news it seemed ...another had plum gone missing without a trace to boot . As those about were vouching for the whereabouts of others . It was a little saddening to not hear her own name mentioned ...then again she had just went back to her cabin . So she pondered for some time about whom should get her vote .." Considering ...Remiel and Ryven were the only ones seemingly willing to to dig a grave for that poor woman that perished the other day ...I would think that deed alone marks them above suspicion in my mind anyways . "  Least she hoped so ....letting out a soft sigh . In three days time though the woman wasn't really sure of too much at this point .

Ryven

A feeling of dread was setting in with the disappearance of another person, and though it was one of the infamous wolves who had vanished, the strange occurrences which continued to happen did not bode well for any of them, fiend and friend alike.

He stepped out of his cottage, pulling his coat further around him.  Everyone had already gathered and were passing out vouches.  It seemed those who had friends would survive and those who didn't...well...there might be a few empty cottages after this.

"Sasha and Mithlomwen get my vouches," he said as he approached.

Falanor

Falanor noted the change in the atmosphere over the past few nights.  The dread of the possible curse that had fallen over this small village, one they had come across on happenstance, was palpable enough that he felt it even through the heavy leather of his duster.  "Seems to me that Niferbelle and Remiel have both been standup lots..."

Missy

The grim reality of events had set in upon the town and MacLoch was no less effected by it. With the loss of several of their number and clarity of the fact the remainder's were being hunted the future seemed grim to say the least. On the proposition of the plan for all members to vouch for one another MacLoch was at a loss for whom could be trusted he granted his vouches to Falanor and Sunshine Sparkle

Autumn Sativus

Final Vouches
Falanor 1
James Moriarty 11
Lord Mayerling 11
Mcsc
Mithlomwen 11
Mr Bigglesworth 11
Niferbelle 11
Remiel 11111
Ryven 11
Sarena 11
Sasha 1
SunshineSparkle 11
That Girl Analise 11
ThatRPGuy 111
Valerian 11

As the final vouches were counted, it became very apparent that something was wrong with this picture. The man they trusted to take care of them, Falanor had not even received the votes he needed to prove his innocence. It seemed there was a new Sheriff in town and his name was Remiel, he must be a very trustworthy man to receive 5 vouches for his innocence.

After Remiel assumed his new position, several other decisions were made among the commotion. MCsc, unfortunately unable to receive a single vouch for his innocence was eliminated, assumed to be a threat. Of course he must be a werewolf if no one could give their name to his innocence! It seemed their suspicions were incorrect, however, as the village mourned the loss of another Peasant.

Falanor and Sasha, being the only villagers left unable to prove their innocence will be the only choices for the vote today. The villagers must vote for one or the other to be lynched, since they were proven untrustworthy by the vouches. Eliminating a threat was a high priority at this point in the day, now they had already made one bad decision with MCsc.

Players
  • Falanor
  • James Moriarty
  • Lord Mayerling
  • Mithlomwen
  • Mr Bigglesworth
  • Niferbelle
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Sarena
  • Sasha
  • SunshineSparkle
  • That Girl Analise
  • ThatRPGuy
  • Valerian

Roles

• Peasants x6-7
  • Priest
  • Seer
  • Guardian
  • Healer
  • Alchemist
  • Werewolves x2-3
Us against the world

Sasha

Sasha pulled a muffin out of a bag ....nervous as it seemed things moved at a dreedful pace around this place . Seemingly not the best vacation spot . A new Sheriff had been appointed and in her mind a wonderful choice . Finding her own name now added to the list of suspects ...being accused of murder , mangling a body , abducting another . Well least if she had abducted one the choice of Krysa umm indeed might give a true sadist a little more fun than they bargained for .

Humming as she ate her muffin ...least maybe Ryven would be making some blueberry ones tomorrow . Smiling over to Falanor ..." You know it is funny ...how 3 days can change your outlook on a place . Mean come in the top of the heap ...then find yourself being feed to the dogs . No pun intended , but ...does bring an ironic smile to your face . I have always wondered what the inside of that phone booth looks like , you know . Too bad you didn't have it parked nearby ...Falanor . "  letting out another sigh .... " Muffin ?"  as she pulled another out of the bag ...." Oh of course ...I do forgive you for the situation we seem to of found ourselves . One should really read the fine print when making vacation plans . "

Pouring herself a cup of java ...as she smiled ...seemingly none of the villagers had their senses about them . So going on about innocence or not was just a bit degrading in her mind . Let the accusations fly .....maybe she could find amusement in the upcoming events but it was doubtful .

Remiel

It has been said that there are some who are born great, some who achieve greatness, and some who have to be dragged into it, kicking and screaming.  Remiel definitely fell into the third category.  "Are you all bloody daft?" he asked, incredulously, when presented with the sheriff's badge.  "Have you all taken leave of your senses?  I'm the bloody undertaker, not the sheriff.    Given half the chance, I'd have the whole lot of you locked up for your own good."

Still, things were what they were, and it appeared Remiel had no choice but to go along with the charade.  "Fine," he muttered, pinning the badge to his battered, drooping and threadbare top hat.   

Unfortunately, his first task as Sheriff was a particularly unpleasant one: deciding which of Sasha or Falanor, the former sheriff, should be lynched.   After scowling at the sky for quite a long time, he eventually reached a decision.

"Sasha, I'm sorry," he said.  And, bizarrely, surprisingly, strangely, he did indeed feel remorse.  Sasha had been one of those who had vouched for his innocence, and he was going to return the favor by marking her for death.   

In a fouler mood than ever,  he returned to the task he knew best: digging a grave for poor Mcsc, whose only crime had been his failure to make enough friends.

Ryven

It seemed the vouches counted for more than just their trust for one another.  With the title of sheriff turned over to the respectable Remiel, Ryven felt a little more comfortable with their sticky situation though Sasha, the kind friend who vouched for him, was now up for the lynch vote.

The decision wasn't difficult in his mind.  Not that he had anything against Falanor, but he hadn't voted for him to be sheriff.  If he wasn't trusted enough by others to handle the job, as it seemed he wasn't, it was better he give it up anyway.  That brought him to his decision.  While he was uncertain of Sasha's innocence, he couldn't really double cross her by voting for her in the lynch.

"I regret that I am forced to vote this way, Falanor, but it appears we have little choice.  If you are innocent, I will feel a great weight upon my soul for this," he said and smiled at Sasha who seemed to be so fond of his bakery treats.

Mithlomwen

Trying to process all of the new things happening, Mith felt her mind whirling.  Another senseless death, and now a new sheriff. 

Now she had to worry about two of her village mates being possible werewolves. 

Closing her eyes and shaking her head, she had no earthly idea who she should vote for. 

"I'm sorry Sasha."  She whispered softly, knowing she was possibly sending someone to their death, she just hoped it wasn't another innocent. 
Baby, it's all I know,

Falanor

Falanor shook his head, disbelieving the misfortune that the town was having, but was brought out of his thoughts with the sound of Ryven's voice.  "What's this then?" he asked.  "Are we so easily swayed by the sweetling that is Sasha that we'd bandy about our judgements because she's taken a shine to your skills?  My, how quickly you turn...since I don't think I'll be voting for my own demise I will have to take the obvious choice of Sasha as she's already worked her way into others good graces that they don't even bother to ask her whereabouts on the previous night..."

Autumn Sativus

Votes
Sasha (4)
Falanor (3)

Yet to Vote
Lord Mayerling, Mr Bigglesworth, Niferbelle, Sarena, SunshineSparkle, ThatRPGuy, Valerian
Us against the world

That Girl Analise

Analise was at a loss of who to lynch. She surveyed her choices. "Falanor, I really hope you are not a wolf, but my vote is for you."

Edit: dear self: it is not spelled Falnor, it's spelled Falanor.

James Moriarty

"We seem to be devolving into anarchy, I tell you -- and not the good kind!  On the strength of his character and marvelous singing abilities, which we have unfortunately not yet seen demonstrated here, I find that I cannot in good conscience vote for Falanor.  There is therefore only one choice that I can make, though it too pains me greatly to make it.  I must cast my vote for Sasha, one who I hardly know at all, let alone that she be a foul creature of the night.  May the GM have mercy on our souls."  The Professor retreated immediately to his cabin, the day's activities casting a long shadow that he felt incapable of escaping.

Mr Bigglesworth

"Even though I did not vote to support Falanor, I think he is an honest man. Sasha ... Just doesn't seem right to me."  Mr B. took a deep breath ... "I pray that my judgement is better here than it was towards poor Torch, and my beloved Xandi, I don't know if I could live with any more innocent blood on my hands."

Sarena

She shook her head as the votes played out.  Somehow, she was sure that no matter who was chosen, someone innocent would be lynched...just as had happened twice now.  She looked from Sasha to Falanor, a deep sadness filling her eyes, "Might as well just flip a coin.  Either way, it matters not any longer.  I'm sorry, Falanor."

Sarena turned away then, unable to stand the image of another body swinging from a tree.

Lord Mayerling

"This is a heavy decision that has weighed upon me heavily, but I cannot in all good conscience vote against the man we found electable to keep order. He has done nothing to show us he is anything but an honest, straightforward man. Therefore, I'm afraid I find myself choosing Sasha by default. It is through no pretense of guilt, for I feel you are innocent. I feel that both Sasha and Falanor are innocent, but I cannot vote death for our community leader. Curse these wolves who live among us. You will be found. You will be punished."

SunshineSparkle

As the votes went on,her heart heaved at the thought of an innocent lynched,there was no other available option
"I had given my vote to Falanor because I was thinking he was a good man.My opinion hasn't changed" She looked at the girl with saddened eyes "I am sorry, Sasha"

Without any further words,she retreated to her cabin,seeking its safety

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Valerian

"I fear there are no good choices here," Val said simply.  "We can't afford to lose any more innocents, yet I think that is what will happen.  I'm sorry, Falanor."  And with that, she retreated a short distance away from the group, unable to watch what was sure to follow too closely.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Niferbelle

"My life would be on the line right now if Falanor hadn't spoken for me," Niferbelle said, and swallowed hard. There was no doubt what she needed to do but she dreaded doing it. "So if I must choose, and it seems I must, I choose Sasha. I'm sorry."

Galactic Druid

Guy stood there, arms crossed, looking over the entire mess. "We've already killed one innocent today." he said flatly. "The only thing he ever did wrong was fail to make friends." shaking his head, he looked between Sasha and Falanor. "I'm not voting." He concluded. "Not between those two. I refuse to have a hand in murdering another innocent this night."

Ryven

Autumn Sativus

Final Votes
Sasha (8)
Falanor (5)

Yet to Vote 
ThatRPGuy

As the voting came to it's close, ThatRPGuy stood from the crowd to deny the murder of another innocent. This time, they would have to be sure.
Us against the world

Galactic Druid

"No more!" Guy shouted as he headed towards the mob. The sight of of the last innocent, hung only hours ago, still fresh on his mind. "I will not see another innocent killed today. Sasha is an innocent woman, and I can prove it!" reaching into his coat, he mumbled as he approached the accused woman. "I've been saving this from my days in the clergy..." he mumbled, before producing a thin, crystal bottle with a wax seal. He held it up for the entire crowd to see. "God have mercy on you if I'm wrong." he said in a low voice, words meant only for Sasha, before emptying the bottle over her.

Autumn Sativus

But he wasn't wrong. Nothing happened when the Priest dumped the bottle over Sasha's head. She was just an innocent woman after all. Thankful to have saved one of their own and learned who they could contact for Spiritual guidance, the villagers began winding down for the evening, hoping for the best.

Players
  • Falanor
  • James Moriarty
  • Lord Mayerling
  • Mithlomwen
  • Mr Bigglesworth
  • Niferbelle
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Sarena
  • Sasha
  • SunshineSparkle
  • That Girl Analise
  • ThatRPGuy
  • Valerian

Roles

• Peasants x6-7
  • Priest
  • Seer
  • Guardian
  • Healer
  • Alchemist
  • Werewolves x2-3
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Come morning, indeed they did find someone dead. Though today, something different had happened. It wasn't one of their fellows that the villagers found dead in the morning. It was Ryven, concealed quite well by the form his body currently took. It was that of a Werewolf, their first true confirmation that such beings actually existed. Covered in fur and very wolf-life, but it appeared he would walk on two legs like any other human being. He hadn't been mauled by one of his own as the body was quite in tact. Though they would never be able to say for sure, it seemed they could probably thank the Alchemist for a good choice.

Everyone else was accounted for. They could probably go ahead and assume after finding their mate Ryven dead, the wolves had lost their appetite. Or perhaps the Guardian or Healer had been watching out for their choice victim. Nothing they could determine, but it was fair to say there were more of these beasts walking among them and perhaps more still to come. They would vote and pray to find another today. After losing so many of their own, the villagers were beginning to catch up.

Players
  • Falanor
  • James Moriarty
  • Lord Mayerling
  • Mithlomwen
  • Mr Bigglesworth
  • Niferbelle
  • Remiel
  • Sarena
  • Sasha
  • SunshineSparkle
  • That Girl Analise
  • ThatRPGuy
  • Valerian

Roles

• Peasants x6-7
  • Priest
  • Seer
  • Guardian
  • Healer
  • Alchemist
  • Werewolves x1-2
Us against the world

Galactic Druid

"Finally, we're getting somewhere." Guy was the first to comment on the events of the previous night. "I don't believe we're done yet, however..." he looked around from person to person, carefully considering his accusation. As he said before, he was tired of seeing any more innocent deaths. "Mithlomwen, I believe I recall you vouching for Ryven last night, did I not? And you were rather quick to condemn Sasha, who did the same. Dare I say you lead that poor girl on?"

Sarena

She felt like the chill had settled deep in her bones.  How many were gone since they found this awful little town?  She remembered watching Ryven dig a grave for his friend and somehow it made finding out he was one of them far far worse.  She looked to the odd man that had been here, so indignant at the arrival of all these strangers.  He was right..too many innocent people had been killed by the finger of accusations. 

But...would they be right this time?   They had to be.

Her eyes narrowed as she took a step forward, crossing her arms over her chest against the chill. "Yes, Mithlomwen, tell us.  What have you been up to night after night since we got here?"

Sasha

Sasha had sat there stunned to say the least when the priest had dumped the holy water or tonic of truth , whatever it was onto her flesh the other day. She had been so close to finding her pretty head hanging by a rope and it had seemed to come with a calmness that was scary ...not so sure the word innocent fit to well with her but indeed she had not killed anyone since coming here . It was getting dark when she moved inside her cabin ...her tummy a little upset form eating all those muffins . Still she had dreamed of eating more in the morning with fresh blueberries in them . 

When she awoke however a commotion was going on outside ...." Oh Lord ...we need your guidance that is for sure ."slowly emerging from her cabin the sight before her eyes made her blink twice . Oh my she been stealing muffins from the very man , beast like thing that Lord Mayerling had fortold that very first night . It took awhile to set in ...werewolves were indeed it seemed real the proof laid on the ground . "Ohhh....my....and he ...made such good muffins ...." 

Stepping back from the body ...a little in shock . Glancing up it now seemed a few of the others the priest included had called out the name of Mithlomwen.....shivering at the thought . Was she more than just a kilt inspector ? ...... " Mithlomwen ....?"  It was true Ryven had saved her with his vouch , had dug the grave for one that was ...closing her eyes . Maybe it was all too much to think about right now . But she wanted to hear what the woman had to say for herself .

Moving over to sit down on a stump ...pouring out a cup of coffee , she needed to awaken a bit more and clear the cobwebs from her mind . Going over the events from the beginning now as she sat there ...befuddled .

That Girl Analise

Analise was shaking with anger. She had been fooled because of a simple mistake someone had made in pointing out an innocent, believed Ryven was going to be framed and killed as an innocent. "Mith and ryven vouched for each other. I'm glad Sasha was proved innocent, else I might suspect her,"She shook her head. She'd been so sure she had it all figured out and now she was horribly wrong.

Mr Bigglesworth

"I'm sorry Mith, I was fooled by a pretty face before, I cannot let that happen again". Mr. B. said before slowly walking back to his cabin hoping he was finally right this time.

Valerian

"Perhaps the innocents we have lost will rest a little easier, now that Ryven is dead," Val said, almost to herself.  Then she looked at the others, listening to them vote, and nodded her head.  "Perhaps the innocents who still live will also sleep easier tonight, if Mithlomwen proves to be a wolf as well.  I pray this terrible curse will end soon, and that no more will have to suffer."  And with that she folded her arms, watching the reaction of the accused closely.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Niferbelle

Another innocent woman  had almost been killed but this time a timely intervention forestalled the injustice. RPGuy was a hero in Niferbelle's eyes and she found herself inching a little closer to him like a moth flitting toward a flame. She listened to the other accusations, feeling the gravity of the matter once again, and found she had to agree with the prevailing opinion.

"I too have the most concerns about Mithlomwen," she said and pulled her shawl a little more snugly around herself. "I believe she is another wolf in our midst."

Autumn Sativus

Votes
Mithlomwen (7)

Yet to Vote
Falanor, James Moriarty, Lord Mayerling, Mithlomwen, Remiel, SunshineSparkle
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Pre-Event Requirement
I need each player to please Private Message me with something they would like to publicly announce, anonymously.

Each villager still in the game should write a short phrase of their choice, the author is kept anonymous. Each player is free to write whatever they want: suspicious, warnings, comments, denunciations, compliments, declarations of love... Get creative and don't be afraid to lie/cheat/steal! ;D

An event within the coming days will reveal what this is for. ;)
Us against the world

Lord Mayerling

It was with the sweet taste of vindication that swirled in Mayerling's mouth when Ryven, the one who had attacked him the very first night, had been exposed as the true monster he was. That seemed like months ago. Now it seemed that Mith had a hand in the play. Mayerling was sad to suspect her, but in truth her guilt was all too assured.

Autumn Sativus

Quote from: Saffron on October 23, 2012, 11:57:10 AM
Pre-Event Requirement
I need each player to please Private Message me with something they would like to publicly announce, anonymously.

Each villager still in the game should write a short phrase of their choice, the author is kept anonymous. Each player is free to write whatever they want: suspicious, warnings, comments, denunciations, compliments, declarations of love... Get creative and don't be afraid to lie/cheat/steal! ;D

An event within the coming days will reveal what this is for. ;)
Just in case anyone doesn't check the previous page.

Also, as a clairifcation, your message isn't limited to just be one line, but please don't type out a paragraph.
Us against the world

SunshineSparkle

The news of Ryven's body,found in it's furred state hadn't been a surprising discovery to Sunshine,she had started suspecting his involvement in the murders after his friend's death.She felt a little relieved that they had managed to finally uncover one of those beasts,but how many others were still hiding?
Without RPGuy's heroic act,Sasha would have been dead by now and another innocent accused wrongly

She gestured her head toward Mith,looking at the woman straight in the eyes "My voice is joining the others,I strongly believe that you have a hand in all this"

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Autumn Sativus

Votes
Mithlomwen (9)

Yet to Vote
Falanor, James Moriarty, Mithlomwen, Remiel

As they continued their voting, a strange dark cloud mass began forming over Miller's Hollow. Within a few moments it had started to rain, the water coming down heavier and heavier with each passing moment.
Us against the world

James Moriarty

He nodded in solemn agreement with the others.  "So quiet and yet so dangerous -- your time has come, Mithlomwen."

James took little satisfaction in the recent successes of his fellow villagers -- the count of those dead was still growing, and many an innocent person had been lynched or nearly so.  And he had a strong feeling that the coming night would be no warmer or brighter than the last.

He pulled his coat tight around him as the cold rain intensified.

Remiel

Remiel nodded with satisfaction.  Whoever the Alchemist was, he had cleverly deduced the identity of one of the werewolves and had taken swift action to ensure that the monster was no longer a threat.  Such a clever, clever man, that alchemist.  And such an extraordinarily handsome one too, Remiel suspected.  A man whose reputation as a paramour of great renown was sure to precede him where'er he went, and who was someone who left dozens of satisfied village girls in his wake.   Oh, he was surely an exemplar of virtue, even a paragon of humanity, no doubt.

Whomever he may be.

Remiel went back to his digging, whistling softly to himself as he did so.  Perhaps the "cursed village" wasn't so cursed after all.  Perhaps, just this once, the clouds would break and the sun would shine again.  Perhaps peace would finally come to Miller's Hollow.

Then he heard it--the sonorous tolling of the bells in the town square.

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls," he mused.  "It tolls for Mithlomwen."

Mithlomwen

Mith stared wide eyed at the villagers, disbelieving what she was hearing. 

"You are wrong."  She murmured softly, shaking her head.  "You should be looking at SunshineSparkle."
Baby, it's all I know,

Autumn Sativus

Votes
Mithlomwen (11)
Sunshine Sparkle (1)

Yet to Vote
Falanor

The rain continued to worsen throughout the day. It seemed they were soon going to need to take shelter in their cabins if they wanted to avoid all getting sick from the cold, wet air. They weren't sure where Falanor had got off to, but it didn't seem his vote was going to save Mithlomwen's life in either case.

Last call for votes or changes.
Us against the world

Falanor

Falanor listened from the alleyway as people cast their votes, freely giving up the life of another to the rising paranoia, wondering if the senseless blood-shedding would ever end.  "I have a hard time following the reasoning," he said as he stepped into the town square, "Alas, I seem to be unable to stop the tide of mob justice...Mithlomwen I know not what you did to offend so many so readily but I'm afraid there's no way to change this outcome."

Autumn Sativus

With only Mithlomwen's vote preventing the tally from being unanimous, there was just no hope for the woman. As they dragged her off to the noose, however, her body twisted and cracked, changing in seconds to the massive form of another Werewolf. She wasn't done yet, though. Before they managed to get the noose around her neck, she managed to take a chunk out of someone. Once the wolf was hanging limp the villagers scattered to their homes to get out of the rain, but they could be certain that Mithlomwen had ensured another wolf would take her place terrorizing the villagers of Miller's Hollow.

As night falls the rain continues to pour down in buckets, the ground and trees now fully saturated, large puddles were beginning to form.

Players
  • Falanor
  • James Moriarty
  • Lord Mayerling
  • Mr Bigglesworth
  • Niferbelle
  • Remiel
  • Sarena
  • Sasha
  • SunshineSparkle
  • That Girl Analise
  • ThatRPGuy
  • Valerian

Roles

• Peasants x5-6
  • Priest
  • Seer
  • Guardian
  • Healer
  • Alchemist
  • Werewolves x1-2
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Event - Flood!/Day 6
During the night, the rain continues, to a point where the villagers awake knee deep in water. Miller's Hollow was flooding, and very quickly at that! A quick meeting in the middle of the town shows that That Girl Analise is nowhere to be found. They can only assume the wolves got to her early and her body will be found when they can return to their homes safely.

In a snap decision, ThatRPGuy points out that the Church is elevated from the rest of the village, while at the same time Sarena suggests that the abandoned Inn is higher up on a hill. The men hurry off to follow RPGuy to the Church, where they shelter while the clouds rain themselves out and the flood clears. The women follow Sarena to the Inn where they will hope to stay dry and safe from the rising waters.
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Event - The Writing's On The Wall/Night 6
As the men enter the Church, they are slightly disturbed to find that it has been defiled with graffiti of all sorts, which appears to be scrawled entirely in blood. They read the messages and think on them throughout the day, waiting for nightfall, to see if they were unlucky enough to be housed with a wolf.

"I am the Seer and I know that these people are innocents:  Mr. Bigglesworth, Niferbelle, James Moriarty, Remiel, Sasha, Sarena, ThatRPGuy and Valerian.  The rest of you should all be very very worried!"
"I know what you are. You trust me, but I know."
"I just want somebody to take care of me. I'm afraid to die."
"Farewell, my friends, for I fear I will not survive much longer. Godspeed."
"Remiel is an odd sort...seemingly enjoying the burying of the dead a task he seems to do while looking down on the rest of the villagers. With that crazed look in his eyes and sheen of sweat covering his backside an enjoyment of evil that send chills down your spine. A chill that makes one lick their lips as it is so intoxicating to watch. Maybe a cold shower might be needed if he keeps it up. "
"I suspect that Valerian is the Seer."

The women find a similarly gruesome scene in the long abandoned Inn.

"Mithlomwen turned [you]!"
"These fangs have a taste for the seer."
"You may have killed the rest of my friends, but you haven't found me, have you? Eleven of you will fall asleep; only ten will awaken. One by one your friends will fall around you. Sleep tight… Try to fantasize about a life that doesn’t so closely resemble Hell. "
"I fear there is yet one among us who cannot be trusted -- even now."
“The Dread Pirate Roberts never takes prisoners.  I can't afford to make exceptions. I mean once word leaks out that a pirate has gone soft, people begin to disobey you and it's nothing but work, work, work all the time.”

These messages left much to be contemplated. Are they true? Are they false? Who wrote them here? Who's blood is it? It wasn't as if they had anything else to do. Day came and went and the flood continued, it seemed the groups had no choice but to spend the night together on higher ground and hope that all would turn out well. It was a thought, that perhaps two would die this night, if there was a werewolf in each of their safehouses. Only time would tell.

There are still one or two phrases I haven't received. If you were alive when I made the request, feel free to PM me and I will add your message.
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Day 7

The following morning each safehouse opens to find the sun shining and the ground wet, but no longer flooded. They are safe to return home. Well, as safe as they possibly could be with these killers in their midst.

At the Inn, it was Sarena they found in cold blood, crouched in front of a makeshift altar with her looking glass taking the centre. It seemed those dastardly wolves had finally got what they were looking for, the Seer.

At the same time, the men found it was Falanor who suffered a similar fate. They could find no evidence to prove he was anything other than a Peasant.

When they returned to the village, they did discover the body of That Girl Analise, who they also determined to be simply a Peasant.

With two wolves walking in their midst and three innocents lost, the village hoped the flood was the end of their battle and that they would soon be able to say they had survived much worse than a night of flooding. Only time could tell their fate...

The villagers gather in the centre of town to mourn their losses and pick off the remaining beasts before it was too late.

The lynch vote resumes as usual.

Players
  • James Moriarty
  • Lord Mayerling
  • Mr Bigglesworth
  • Niferbelle
  • Remiel
  • Sasha
  • SunshineSparkle
  • ThatRPGuy
  • Valerian

Roles
  • Peasants x3
  • Priest
  • Guardian
  • Healer
  • Alchemist
  • Werewolves x2
Us against the world

Galactic Druid

Guy looked around the crowd, one by one. If one had been lost from each group, then he knew for sure, there was at least one wolf in each. He was sad to see the loss of his ally, the seer, though if the graffiti he had seen truly was from her, she had helped him, even in death.

Though he had his suspicions of what may have happened among the women, he was sure of who in his group was the wolf. "Mayerling..." he said with a pointed finger. He knew beyond any doubt it was not Bigglesworth, the professor, or his friend Remiel. "How long have you been one of them, hiding among us, claiming to be a former healer?"

Looking among the women, he wasn't positive who was a wolf, but he was sure of who wasn't, he had proven that much. That vote would have to wait, he was much more certain about Mayerling.

James Moriarty

"Ah, the writing is truly on the wall this time, eh?"  Though his remark was sarcastic, he could not manage much feeling for it.  With his dear friend Sarena dead, and with Falanor's beautiful tenor voice forever silenced, his trusted Sheriff, he felt nearly hopeless.  And poor Analise, whom he had never really gotten to know...  These were dark days, soggy days.

"ThatRPGuy speaks for me, as well," James said clearly, stepping forward through the crowd.  "Mayerling, once a seemingly trusted ally -- perhaps even once an ally in truth -- is now one half of what holds us back from the peace we so desperately need."  He shook his head -- it was Mayerling who had initially put him on the trail of Ryven, though admittedly, of Starlequin as well...  But these were complicated times, and there was only one clear choice after what had transpired the night before.

Sasha

The holy man , priest whatever one called ThatRPguy so far he had been on the right track . When the words and the name unfolded ...by two other gentleman . She bit her lip ...in desperate need of coffee she was . Least she had a dry hat back in her cabin , good thing she had hung them all up on the wall . High enough the flood waters were unable to reach them . Adjusting it a little to keep the sun out of her eyes . That mind of her's twirling ...in deep thought . He had been attacked that first night but not found dead ....it did make sense that he might now be infected and changed into one of them .

Thinking back to the Inn and the dreadful sight found that morning . No way he could of killed 2 people , someone in there had to be a murdering wolf . Even if per chance the accusations being made were true ...then . biting her lip more ...one of the females had to be a wolf . She no idea ..it was a roll of the dice on this end . Really they had been grasping at straws from the beginning . Wasn't she not so long ago about to be hanged .

" Do tell us ...Lord Mayerling ....what of you innocence in this matter ? " part of her mind argued the reasoning of this train of thought that was being generated though .  Very difficult to decide ....watching now to see if any of the other women in the mix seemed too overly excited about the blame finger being pointed at another .

Mr Bigglesworth

"Mayerling, I never trusted that one.  He seemed fishy to me from the start...

Valerian

Val listened to the voting with an increasingly unsettling sense of déjà vu.  In exactly this way the votes had piled up against Mithlomwen, and while they had thankfully been correct then, Val herself as sure as anyone could be in these troubled times, now she felt less sure.  True, the accused did have an odd way about him at times, but to go so far as to think him a wolf... and yet so many people seemed so certain of their ground.

"I cannot deny the logic of these arguments," she said, slowly.  "Yes, I think Lord Mayerling must be a wolf.  God forgive us if we are wrong, but I pray that we still have some good spirits left watching over us, and that we are not making a mistake."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

"But that doesn't make sense," Remiel protested.  "Lord Mayerling was the first one who told me to suspect Ryven.  Why would a wolf sell out one of his fellow wolves?"  He shook his head, refusing to believe that Mayerling was guilty.  "Then again," he mused, "I suppose it is possible he could have been infected in the chaos of the rainstorm."

"I'm sorry, Lord Mayerling," he sighed.  "I don't believe you are guilty, myself, but as Sheriff, I suppose I must follow the wishes of the majority--since to do otherwise would be a death sentence."

"If it turns out he's innocent," he added, turning back to the others, "I'm going to take a long, hard look at Mr. Bigglesworth."

SunshineSparkle

Bodies were torn apart,distorted and mutilated,the mere sight of them knotting her stomach with disgust.Who did this inhuman act?
She tore her gaze from the horrific images displayed before them,sadness and sorrow filling her heart over the death of more innocents.

"I have always found Niferbelle to be strangely quiet"

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Autumn Sativus

Votes
LM (6)
Nifer (1)
Sunshine (1)

Yet to Vote
Lord Mayerling
Us against the world

Niferbelle

It was all happening again as one by one the group began to point fingers at Lord Mayerling who Liferbelle didn't believe was one of the wolves. Then again, she would be forced to admit she no longer had any idea who was safe any more. She felt a pang of alarm when her own name was mentioned and realized that soon it could be her own neck in the noose.

"Are we hangin' people now for being quiet?" Niferbelle asked with as much dignity as she could muster. "You're pointin' the finger at an innocent woman so I have to wonder why and point my finger right back, Sunshine Sparkle."

Lord Mayerling

"Yeah. I'm a werewolf. What of it?" Mayerling commented dryly. "Well don't just stand there! Get on with it!"

Autumn Sativus

Well, I mean technically you can't vote for yourself, but... I don't think it's gonna change much. :P

Last call for changes.
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

With his admission, there was hardly anything the villagers could do to deny the opportunity to hang another wolf. In just a matter of moments it was all over, Lord Mayerling proven the Werewolf he claimed to be and the villagers becoming safer each night. Though, there was still something to question about the writings they had found in the church and the inn. Did those messages still hold some truth? None of the questions had yet been answered... perhaps they could find some answers there.

Hoping this madness would end soon, the village took to sleep for another night.

Players
  • James Moriarty
  • Mr Bigglesworth
  • Niferbelle
  • Remiel
  • Sasha
  • SunshineSparkle
  • ThatRPGuy
  • Valerian

Roles
  • Peasants x3
  • Priest
  • Guardian
  • Healer
  • Alchemist
  • Werewolves x1
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Come morning, it was another sad day for the villagers, finding James Moriarty, a Peasant had been chewed on by the wolves during the night. They were pretty sure they knew what they had to do now, the question was if they could find the right person and finish this once and for all, or if they were doomed to repeat this cycle of losing their friends until none of them remain.

Players
  • Mr Bigglesworth
  • Niferbelle
  • Remiel
  • Sasha
  • SunshineSparkle
  • ThatRPGuy
  • Valerian

Roles
  • Peasants x2
  • Priest
  • Guardian
  • Healer
  • Alchemist
  • Werewolves x1
Us against the world

Remiel

Hoisting his shovel over his shoulder, Remiel knew what he had to do.  With determined purpose, he began digging a grave for SunshineSparkle.

Valerian

Val watched Remiel start on his work, then turned her face towards SunshineSparkle, shaking her head.  "You were betrayed by Mithlomwen.  She has brought this fate upon you, and helped cause the death of poor James Moriarty, who has sacrificed himself for our sakes," Val said, quietly but distinctly.  "But however reluctant a villain you were, we cannot let you live."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr.B. felt relieved to be able to vote again not being worried  too much about having a hand in hanging another innocent Sunshine - I'm sorry, but this carnage must stop!

Niferbelle

Niferbelle found herself inching a little closer to the others, her eyes wide and fixed on Sunshine Sparkle before an accusing finger was pointed. "My vote is the same as yesterday and the same as everybody else's. Her!"

SunshineSparkle

She looked at each of those pointing suspicions at her,not surprised at all by their votes.Right at this moment nothing mattered but voting,she set aside all emotion while her gaze lingered over her accusers
"Perhaps you should all take a closer look at Mr Bigglesworth"

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Sasha

Sasha looked over at  Sir Bigglesworth ...." Yes I believe we might need to take a closer look at that man ...but ...someone had to of killed Sarena ....and I am in line with the others and believe it to be you , Sunshine Sparkle . " as she took a step back ...she had watched another turn into the beast just the other day and she would still have nightmares about that for years to come . The woman was sure of it .

Galactic Druid

Guy shook his head. They had won, but it came at a heavy price. He hadn't gotten close to many of the strangers that had come to Miller's Hollow, but there were a few he had. "He may not have been the guardian, not in the sense that Sunshine Sparkle thought, anyway, but he was out protector. Making himself bait for the last of these monsters..." he took a deep breath, not wanting to look up at Sunshine. "Let's end this..."

Autumn Sativus

And end it they did. With SunshineSparkle, the last of the Werewolves no longer a threat, the small village of Miller's Hollow was finally safe once again. For how long, no one could say, it seemed that the curse lingered. Though this group had fought it and won, they were not the first and certainly would not be the last unlucky group of nomads to wander into the horrors that lived here. Tonight and for many nights yet to come as the winter chill began to set in, the remaining few could sleep soundly and know that they had beaten the evil that threatened to take over their village.

Congratulations! The innocents win!

Summary of fun PMs, events and roles in progress.
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Recap of fun goings on!

Day 1
Valerian is glad she's finally not a villain. :P
Mithlomwen was excited to find she was a baddie!

Night 1
Valerian protects Ryven, having a suspicion that she will need to protect herself on Night 2.
Sarena scries Lord Mayerling and finds he is the Healer.
The Werewolves attack Lord Mayerling, forcing him to use his ability to save himself.
Xandi discusses biting Valerian on Night 2!
Sarena reaches out to JM, beginning to form an alliance.
Sarena reaches out to ThatRPGuy, also seeking alliance.

Day 2
Mr Bigglesworth reaches out to Sarena, Nifer, and MCsc, asking them individually to change their vote as he fears he may be lynched.
RPGuy and JM start talking, beginning to form an alliance.
JM expresses concern about Kyrsa, Ryven and Valerian.
Mr B begs Torch and Falanor individually not to make the wrong decision when voting, hoping to save himself.
Mr B expresses how sure he is of Kyrsa's innocence to her. (He just has a really bad habit of making friends with the wrong team, doesn't he?)

Night 2
Werewolves debate between going after LM again or not, but choose Torch instead.
Xandi bites LM.
Sarena scries Mr B.
Believing he is going to die, LM proclaims to Sarena that he believes the wolves are Ryven, Torch and Kyrsa.
RPGuy asks Mith if she knows who the guardian is, throwing off the wolves suspicion of him unintentionally.
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Day 3
Sarena, JM and RPGuy join forces to create the first 3some.
RPGuy is suspicious of Xandi.
Sarena spills her role to JM. :o
3some reach out individually to Sunshine, Analise and Xandi.
3some starts getting suspicious of Xandi.
JM guesses Mith and Xandi as wolves, Mr B as the halfbreed.
JM and Sunshine begin forming an alliance and JM tells her his suspicions are Mith and Ryven
Mr B is supicious that Sarena is the Seer.
3some is becoming suspicious LM was turned.
In preparation for the Seance, Ryven believes Sarena will ask if he is a simple villager. He begins forming a plan to pose as the healer if he is exposed.
The Seance does not go through due to Xandi requesting she be removed from the game. Instead, Sleeping Spell washes over the village and the ghost of Torch removes Xandi from the game.

Night 3
Sarena scries Mithlomwen.
The werewolves attack RPGuy, believing him to be a simple peasant due to his contacts with them.
Valerian guards Sarena.
Backfire is activated and Torch decides to help her fellows out by taking Kyrsa, the Halfbreed, since there would be no other way to find her.

Day 4
3some tries to find other sources to ask for vouches in some attempt to avoid showing their alliance.
Same idea for the wolfies.
Sarena's kids lost their pants throughout the house - this conversation continues randomly throughout the day and was absolutely hilarious! I hope you found their pants. *Giggles*
Remiel comes out as the Alchemist to RPGuy, who admits he is the Priest.
Like, 10 pages of PMs more of people discussing who to vouch for. :P
Mr B begins seriously suspecting Sarena to be the Seer.
This prompts a panicked message from Sarena to 3some about contacting others regarding their roles.
Sarena, fearing her life now, reaches out to Valerian hoping that she is the guardian and finds herself pleasantly surprised that indeed she is the guardian. The pair begin working together.
Numerous players express through PM their concern that neither Fal or Sasha are guilty.
RPGuy saves Sasha with his ability.

Night 4
Valerian and Sarena chat a bit, Val decides to alternate protected the two of them.
Valerian protects herself.
The wolves attack Valerian.
Sarena scries Niferbelle.
Remiel uses his ability on Ryven.
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Day 5
Ryven was killed by Remiel during the night.
Valerian protected herself from being killed.
Mith is killed, but not before turning SunshineSparkle

Night 5
Wolves attack That Girl Analise.
The village awakens to a Flood and hurries to higher ground.
Valerian protects Sarena.

Day 6
Village awakens to find That Girl Analise dead, but they are being flooded out.

Night 6
Sunshine eats Sarena.
LM eats Falanor.
Val protects herself.

Day 7
By this point, a large alliance had been formed between Sarena (now dead), RPGuy, JM and Val. The remaining players are sure the new wolf is either Niferbelle or Sunshine and devise a plan to find out which one it is.
JM will message Sunshine and declare he is the guardian.
RPGuy will message Niferbelle and declare he is the guardian.

Night 7
Sunshine chose JM before he ever got to message her about being the guardian, believing him to be suspicious of her.

The plan works, in either case, due to sheer luck!
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Roles
Falanor - Peasant
James Moriarty - Peasant
Kyrsa - Halfbreed
Lord Mayerling - Healer, turned wolf by Xandi
Mcsc - Peasant
Mithlomwen - Werewolf, turned Sunshine
Mr Bigglesworth - Peasant