Interest Check ~ The Fall of Dragonshollow

Started by SMR Rein, September 16, 2016, 04:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMR Rein

The Fall of Dragonshollow
Dragonshollow is the largest hold in the Tal Empire. Or it was, until it was sacked three days ago by a legion of demons and undead. The man who led the assault, General Marl Wolvren, was once a general in the Imperial Army. Four years ago, the Empire proclaimed him dead when he was found poisoned in his home. Summoning him as an undead would have required a powerful spell to break the sacred blessing over his grave site. But, he doesn't move or act like a mindless zombie. He directs attacks with lethal precision, and can survive the light of the sun. The Emperor summoned his advisors after the fall of Dragonshollow. Under their guidance, he has called for as many Heros as possible to band together and fight this scourge. He wants to know how Marl was resurrected, and why he has turned against the Empire. But more importantly, he was the army of devils and zombies to be destroyed before it is unleashed upon the Imperial capital.

Players will create heroic characters from one of six classes. This is a sandbox/free-form RP focusing on story, and some sexual themes. If there's any questions, feel free to ask me. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, so when I remember it, I'll edit this post.

Classes
The Fighter

Weapon set: 1-handed swords
Armor set: small shields, light armor, medium armor
Perks: swift movements, quick strikes
Drawbacks: no magic skills, low magic resistance

Fighters make up the bulk of the military. They are capable soldiers with a knack for overwhelming their enemy in their numbers. A solitary fighter is less effective than a battalion, but still an effective weapon against enemies. They are quick on their feet, and equally quick in their attacks. They forgo massive displays of strength for a series of less powerful, but more strategic attacks. But, they are useless in the realm of magic, surrendering all magical ability in their honing of their physical assets.

The Warrior

Weapon set: 1-handed swords, 2-handed swords, warhammers
Armor set: large shields, medium armor, heavy armor
Perks: massive health, massive attack, high defense
Drawbacks: slow movements, slow attacks, low magic, no magic resistance

Warriors are the heavy-hitters of the army. They smash their enemies with ruthless aggression, and show no mercy to their adversaries. They are considered brutes, and often feared by their own allies. But they are among the most respected on the battlefield. They, like their Fighter counterparts, surrender their magical essence to gain physical prowess. The Warrior is even more susceptible to magical attack than the Fighter. And they move slower, weighted down by their heavy armors and large weapons. Nonetheless, they are among the most formidable opponents.

The Assassin

Weapon set: daggers
Armor set: light armor
Perks: stealth attribute, poison resistance, critical strikes
Drawbacks: low health, low defense

The Assassin is a master of stealth and precision. They are few in number, but greatly feared. A skilled assassin can kill an army without lifting a weapon. They are skilled in poison making, and even have a resistance to most types of poisons. They are nimble enemies when forced into a fight, and move with calculated perfection. They dance around their enemies, striking at critical weakness to kill their targets quickly. When pressed, the Assassin is not a skilled combatant, however. If they cannot eliminate their enemy quickly, their physical weaknesses often become their downfall.

The Archer

Weapon set: bows & arrows, crossbows, daggers
Armor set: light armor
Perks: ranged attacks, critical strikes, swift movements
Drawbacks: limited range, close quarter combat disadvantage

Archers are the second most populous soldiers in the army. They are quick acting and sharp-minded. Archers keep their distance, relying on their bows to take down enemies before they can close ranks. Skilled archers can fell several enemies quickly, turning a strike team into a pile of corpses. If their enemy closes in, the Archer finds themselves at a disadvantage. While they have some skill with knifes and other small arms, they are not skilled combatants in close quarters. Fortunately, they are nimble and able to put enough distance between themselves and an enemy to draw an arrow.

The Mage

Weapon set: staves, wands
Armor set: magical armor
Perks: high mana, high magic, high magic resistance, magical attacks
Drawbacks: low health, low defense, low attack

Mages are a diverse group, ranging from elementalists to herbalists, from enchanters to priests. Each Mage specializes in a type of magic, and focuses on that type until they have mastered it. This prevents the rise of any archmages, as the time to study and perfect all magic is longer than any human's lifespan. Mages are feared for their ability to manipulate the world around them to do their bidding, or to even create a weapon out of thin air. But their mana is limited and their spells take a moment to cast. These precious seconds can really matter when lives are on the line. And Mages sacrifice physical stamina and prowess for their art. They are easily killed by a well-timed attack. As a result, Mages tend to fight from a distance.

The Healer

Weapon set: staves, wands
Armor set: magical armor
Perks: all Mage perks, resistance to holy/light-based magic
Drawbacks: low health, low defense, low attack, weakness to wicked/darkness-based magic

Healers are not technically combatants, though they have military training. They can learn how to reverse a Life spell to kill their enemies, making them as deadly as any other member of the army. But their true focus is in protecting life. They can magically heal wounds, even fatal injuries with enough practice and time. They can also cure most ailments. But, like Mages, Healers have limited mana. In large battles, they have to be selective in how they use their powers. Healers rely on holy magic, harnessed from light. As such, light-based magic is virtually useless against them. This makes it hard to heal a Healer, as they are resistant to even useful spells. But they are weak against dark magics based in sin and evil. The shadows that are harnessed to craft such spells can cut a Healer deep enough to drain their mana reserves and strip them of their powers.

Character Template
[b]Name ~[/b]
[b]Age ~[/b]
[b]Class ~[/b]
[b]Weapons ~[/b]
[b]Skills/Spells ~[/b]
[b]Sexuality ~[/b]
[b]Background Info ~[/b]
Be bold

Selenity Rose

I'm interested in joining this :)

Name ~ Ithilwen
Age ~ *will get back to this*
Class ~ Healer
Weapons ~ Staff
Skills/Spells ~ (((will get back to this)))
Sexuality ~ Straight
Background Info ~((will add to this))

SMR Rein

Excellent. I look forward to seeing you in the game! If there's not much other interest, we might have to do it as a one on one thing.
Be bold

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

AndyZ

I should ask: are there things like elves, futanari, and all the like in your game?  I can't get a feel on the magic level.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

greypsychman

I am interested.

photo: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/3e/99/81/3e998165eb4e13d67731550bfe2c705c.jpg

Name ~Brek Kraggsen
Age ~35
Class ~Fighter
Weapons ~Bastard Sword used one handed, dagger, Chain Mail Armor
Skills/Spells ~none
Sexuality ~heterosexual
Background Info ~Brek is 6’ 1” inches tall withlight brown hair and beard. He has twinkling blue eyes. Brek has an athletic build and wears chain mail  armor, carries a bastard sword, and dagger. Because of his high intelligence, besides military training, he was also given formal study to increase his knowledge and sharpen his wits. He likes to carouse and sing whenever able. Since Brek is heterosexual, when he is carousing he is usually looking for a tavern wench to be with at the end of the night. He is friendly and has a generally optimistic point of view. He tends to see the best in people which can make him appear a little naïve. He is a brave and courageous fighter who firmly believes in justice for all and treating others with respect. Brek is a team player and will do whatever is necessary for his companions to be successful.

Chulanowa

Intrigued, but I'd like to know about nonhuman races and such, too.  :-)

Carly

i am not sure if  SMR Rein has logged in for a whlie