What's in the news?

Started by Beorning, September 21, 2014, 07:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie Hewitt

Jeffrey Dahmer's childhood home up for rent just in time for the Republican National Convention! (Concidence? I think not!)

http://fox40.com/2016/04/01/jeffrey-dahmers-childhood-home-available-for-rent-during-the-republican-national-convention/
On/Offs- A MUST Read.   Do You Tumbl? I do.

“Had I not created my whole world, I would certainly have died in other people’s. ”
― Anaïs Nin

Annie Hewitt

More "You Just Can't Make This Sh*t Up" news: "Woman leads police on chase driving "Mystery Machine" van.

http://fox40.com/2016/03/07/woman-leads-police-on-chase-while-driving-mystery-machine-van-from-scooby-doo/

“Had I not created my whole world, I would certainly have died in other people’s. ”
― Anaïs Nin

HannibalBarca

“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

TheGlyphstone

And she somehow got away after abandoning the vehicle? It was clearly Old Man Jenkins in a rubber mask all along.

Annie Hewitt

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 02, 2016, 11:33:29 PM
And she somehow got away after abandoning the vehicle? It was clearly Old Man Jenkins in a rubber mask all along.

Naturally. It must've been!

― Anaïs Nin

Lustful Bride

Erik Bauersfeld (Admiral Ackbar) has sadly passed away. Rest in Piece, investigating traps ion the great ship in the beyond. T_T

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/04/entertainment/eric-bauersfeld-obit-admiral-ackbar-star-wars-irpt/index.html

Annie Hewitt

― Anaïs Nin

Cycle

Alas, it looks like no one will be able to get an ASSoL degree.

Oniya

Quote from: Cycle on April 06, 2016, 02:51:17 PM
Alas, it looks like no one will be able to get an ASSoL degree.

Nope.  Now they are ASsLeSs.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Far eyes

Quote from: Oniya on April 08, 2016, 12:01:50 PM
The hell?  What's this doing on CNN?

Clinton campaign chair: 'The American people can handle the truth' on UFOs

Haa...  ok so if you ignore the title because god dam it CNN stop being Fox. It seems to be 2 questions "What actually is happening in Area 51" and "UFO research" now lets assume this is from an information perspective, because the other option just leads us to everybody giggling and i dont feel like looking for the scene i want from They Live

1) Ok Valid enough question, what is going on there is something the president should probably at least be vaguely aware of. But that goes for any 'off limits' spaces the us/your country holds.

2) UFO research: Sadly a legitimate research area that has been turned into the playground of the insane and the well meaning but misguided, people who treat it like some religion. Its a sad state of things and a sorry thing to happen to any area of science.

But ultimately as a queasy quote i really like puts it, if the civilization is margins of galactic time behind out civilization and close by they could still be throwing rocks at each other, if they are some place equal then we are with current technology we might be able to make each other aware of our existence assuming we are using compatible methods of communication at all. If its advanced enough to make a day trip here, well you better hope its the enlightened kind or things are going to get really rough.     
What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

What he means: "I like lesbians".
A/A
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180557.0

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Far eyes on April 08, 2016, 12:16:03 PM
2) UFO research: Sadly a legitimate research area that has been turned into the playground of the insane and the well meaning but misguided, people who treat it like some religion. Its a sad state of things and a sorry thing to happen to any area of science.

*Sage Nods* I personally am with the MIB on this. Most people will flip their shit the moment the lights go out, finding out that life exists on other worlds would equal mass panic. Sometimes things are Need To Know for a reason.

Far eyes

Quote from: Lustful Bride on April 08, 2016, 01:11:52 PM
*Sage Nods* I personally am with the MIB on this. Most people will flip their shit the moment the lights go out, finding out that life exists on other worlds would equal mass panic. Sometimes things are Need To Know for a reason.

You know i want to believe better about humanity, but....   
What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

A/A

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Far eyes on April 08, 2016, 12:16:03 PM

But ultimately as a queasy quote i really like puts it, if the civilization is margins of galactic time behind out civilization and close by they could still be throwing rocks at each other, if they are some place equal then we are with current technology we might be able to make each other aware of our existence assuming we are using compatible methods of communication at all. If its advanced enough to make a day trip here, well you better hope its the enlightened kind or things are going to get really rough.     

Yep, if it were some super intelligent form of life that requires water but has no need for solid land to function, they might decide to flood the entire planet. Which wouldn't be okay for us humans.  ::)

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Oniya

Quote from: gaggedLouise on April 08, 2016, 01:47:28 PM
Yep, if it were some super intelligent form of life that requires water but has no need for solid land to function, they might decide to flood the entire planet. Which wouldn't be okay for us humans.  ::)

And then we'd have to send the Enterprise back into the past to retrieve the last two humpback whales.

Far eyes

Quote from: Oniya on April 08, 2016, 01:49:58 PM
And then we'd have to send the Enterprise back into the past to retrieve the last two humpback whales.

Funny thing is, its still one of the best ST movies despite the slightly comical plot point.

A/A

Oniya

Quote from: Far eyes on April 08, 2016, 01:55:41 PM
Funny thing is, its still one of the best ST movies despite the slightly comical plot point.

Spock learning 'colorful metaphors' and Chekov looking for the 'nuclear wessels' never gets old.

Avis habilis

Quote from: Oniya on April 08, 2016, 01:49:58 PM

I'm just glad they didn't decide to tell the aliens "These bastards committed genocide against our people! Avenge us!"

Beorning

Okay, sci-fi jokes aside, I really am surprised to see a topic like that raised during a serious thing like the presidential campaign...

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Avis habilis on April 08, 2016, 02:08:58 PM
I'm just glad they didn't decide to tell the aliens "These bastards committed genocide against our people! Avenge us!"

Well, agree - but they're not killer whales...  :D

*imagines killer whales  riding in amphibian water-logged tanks and hunting humans across the land*

Avis habilis

Far eyes

Why is the "WEB BROWSING HAS MOVED MOSTLY TO MOBILE DEVICES" highlighted in huge read leathers??? 
I am confused...    also "Power user" kill me

A/A

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Far eyes on April 08, 2016, 02:33:17 PM
Why is the "WEB BROWSING HAS MOVED MOSTLY TO MOBILE DEVICES" highlighted in huge read leathers??? 
I am confused...    also "Power user" kill me

Yep, what a surprise insight from a web tech journalist...  ;)

Anteros

ONS & OFFS: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=14923.0

I stand with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe against the North Dakota Access Pipeline https://www.facebook.com/ajplusengli...0139732127536/
Please sign the petition: https://t.co/42VMYy7WzA