Struggle on the Seas! Azur Lane

Started by Idlewyld, July 23, 2019, 07:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idlewyld

The sea is a dangerous place. For the past three decades, the forces of humanity have been fighting a rearguard action against the invasion of quantum hybrid ship-beings known as Sirens. Divided into dueling and mistrustful factions, the nations of the world have been as busy fighting among themselves as they have in defending the Earth. But that is about to change.

You are a shipgirl in the 1st Joint International Anti-Siren Squadron, known as The Azur Lane. You have shared a piece of your very soul to bond with a naval vessel for your country and now are assigned to work with former enemies and allies alike for the common good of all humanity. Will you be able to overcome ancient rivalries and outrageous odds to prevail against your foes? Will you inspire the world stand firm against extradimensional encroachment? Will you find love in the barracks? Only one way to find out! Join Azur Lane

Azur Lane is based on the Chinese mobile game of the same name. Check out the Wiki for deep details, though there will be summary information in the posts below available within the next few days. If you’re interested, please send your character applications to me (Idlewyld) and Steir. Format should be as follows. Note that usual Elliquiy restrictions apply, so Subs and Destroyers are off limits, and the images you use will be run by the mods and you may be asked to use a different one. The “Crossover” events with other games are considered non-canon. For the current roster of ships available in the mobile game, along with a lot of other useful information can be found at the Azur Lane Wiki. There is also an expanded information thread you should read here.

In short, the four major nations are...

The Eagle Union: This world's version of the United States, the Eagle Union is made up of adventurers devoted to truth, justice, and the American Way.

The Royal Navy: Corresponding to Great Britain, the Royal Navy is mostly a group of refined, mannered women who fight for God, King, and Country.

The Ironblood Fleet: This nation is effectively Germany, but more in keeping with World War I Germany rather than the Third Reich. The Ironbloods are primarily disciplined soldiers dedicated to the defense of the Kaiser and the Fatherland.

The Sakura Empire: The Azur Lane analog to Japan, the Sakura are a spiritually minded group committed to the Emperor and personal honor, and who all just happen to have animal ears.

Character Submission Form

[float=right][img height=400 padding=8]<URL for character image goes here - You can place additional images at the end of the character submission.>[/img][/float]
[b]Name: [/b] (Name of Your Character’s Ship Identity)
[b]Pre-Merger Name: [/b] (What was your character’s name before her quantum merger?)
[b]Description: [/b] <Describe Your Character in Three Words>
[b]Age: [/b] (Must be over 18)
[b]Ship Class: [/b]
[b]Nation: [/b]
[b]Appearance: [/b] <If you have additional images, those can go here in spoiler tags>
[b]Personality: [/b]
[b]Backstory: [/b] <Include your character’s life both before and after her quantum merger>
[b]Tactical Abilities: [/b] <The basic military skills your character inherited from her ship identity>
[b]Civilian Skills: [/b] <Non-military things that your character is good at>
[b]Tragic Flaw: [b] <Everyone has a weakness. What’s yours?>
[b]Three Things Your Character Likes: [/b] <Material things, scenarios, kinks; give us a practical idea of what you want to write>
[b]Three Things Your Character Dislikes: [/b] <Again, this gives hooks into what to write about, and also what not to write about>
[b]Player Ons and Offs: [/b]
[b]Character Ons and Offs: [/b]

Premier

Avalon29

JoanieSappho

Idlewyld

I'm glad to hear from all three of you. If you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Premier

Quick and dirty! Let me know if you need more!

Name: Prince of Wales
Pre-Merger Name: Bronwen Owens
Description: Prim, Proper, Perfect
Ship Class: Battleship
Nation: The Royal Navy
Personality: Calm, collected and maybe a little bit dommy. Just a bit!
Backstory: A classy welsh girl who went to a proper finishing school and was all set to join high society and fancy dinners. She still does that, but now she also fights for king and country!
Tactical Abilities: Overwhelming firepower and leadership. She has so many guns!
Civilian Skills: Etiquette. Horse Riding. High Fashion Fancy lady stuff.
Tragic Flaw: She can't stand being embarrassed.
Three Things Your Character Likes: Tea, Classily Embarrassing Cute Girls, a jolly good adventure
Three Things Your Character Dislikes: People making fun of her welsh accent, getting dirty, hard exercise.
Player Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=56375
Character Ons and Offs: She likes anything intimate, energetic and with a little bit of a power struggle. Or just some outright savage going at.

Steir

I'll be around to help Idle in running the game.

:3c

JoanieSappho

Name: Duke of York
Pre-Merger Name: Meredith Jones
Description: Fancy Overdramatic Womanizer
Ship Class: Battleship
Nation: The Royal Navy
Personality: She's gone full fancy and flowery in this new form, going for elegant dresses, wine, and very often quoting/inventing poetry to try and romance girls.
Backstory: Welsh girl grown up in a particularly rough part of the valleys, hid her secret girly side and intense interest in other girls. Then it turned out she could be a boat, which was actually a future, so she took it.
If only someone had warned her just how pretty those Sirens are, though.
Tactical Abilities: GUNS. Mostly just guns. Lots of them and some real big ones, too.
Civilian Skills: Drinking, fighting, memorizing romantic poetry.
Tragic Flaw: Easily distracted by pretty girls, especially Sirens.
Three Things Your Character Likes: Pretty girls, reading, dresses
Three Things Your Character Dislikes: People making fun of her girly side, people making fun of her poetry, having to hurt pretty girls (she might be more flexible if they seem to be into it)
Player Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=56534
Character Ons and Offs: She has no idea what to actually do with another girl, but very gentle, cuddling, lots of kissing.

Sessha

*plants my flag of Interest in this game indeed!* Not that I will be playing one, but there are a couple of Destroyers you can use, most notably the ones that use the refit versions that are definietly grown up. Also the newest Submarine Surcouf is not a loli to my knowledge.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Idlewyld

@Sessha - Glad to have you aboard!

@Premier, @Joanie - Characters look good on first glance. I'll be sending the images to the mods once a few more people have submitted applications

Major Major

I'm a bit tempted, but I'm undecided on which to be.

Idlewyld

There's a lot of possibilities. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions or want any advice.

Mac84

*Plants Interest Flag with the sound of 16" Guns*

Here! XD

may look to the USS North Carolina for me as they not released what Musashi would look like.

Kit

Never played Azur Lane but plan to do it now ! Interested !

Idlewyld

Welcome to both of you! You can always feel free to use a non-Azur Lane pic for Musashi if you'd rather go that way, Mac, though North Carolina would work well too!

Sessha

At the moment I am kind of leaning three different ways. I am leaning towards Enterprise, Monarch or Amagi.

Idlewyld

All three are good choices. One thing I might advise is that I'm looking for the group to be a balance of the various nations, and we already have two Royal Navy women and one Vichya Dominion lass on the team so you might want to work with Mac to see which vessel he chooses to play and then go with your other option. Or not. Go with who you really want to play.

Sessha

I'm aware and not only do we need variation in nations ships would also be a good idea as well. So yeah with that in mind I'm going to go ahead with Enterprise. She is after all the poster girl for Azur Lane anyway. So yeah why not eh?

Sessha

Yep. I'm gonna do Big E for this one.  I'm also going to be doing something interesting for her.

Sessha

Well here she is, Enterprise.

Name: Enterprise
Pre-Merger Name: Alex Mason
Description: Taciturn Middle Sister 
Ship Class: Air Craft Carrier
Nation: Eagle Union
Appearance: <If you have additional images, those can go here in spoiler tags>
Personality: Enterprise passes herself off as the reliable older sister for the younger girls since she has a tendency to be older most of the other girls. She has a maturity bellied by bad experience
Backstory: Alex hails from a family with a military tradition. She knew from an early age she wanted to step up and defend her country and so did her older and younger sisters. Being the middle child, especially given that while she was good she always felt that her older sister was the better of the two of them. Despite it her elder sister knew se had potential and was always the one nurturing and cultivating her skills. It was her sister who suggested after the military life she should become a chef as she had a talent for both music and cooking. Sadly tragedy struck when she was in the middle of her second year of high school. Her sister was killed in tragic accident. An accident that would likely have killed Alex herself if not for her sister acting and knocking Alex aside. It was a cold winter night as Alex and her sisters were coming out of the movies. Turning the corner was a car that began to careen out of control from the ice on the road. Seeing the headlights coming towards her Alex froze. It was her older sister who acted first. She moved forward and shoved Alex out of the way and let herself get hit instead.  She watched her sister's heroic sacrifice for her, the one thing that she would never forget was that peaceful serene smile on her sister's face right before she got hit. Alex was devastated. Her parents had always been supportive of her, but it was elder sister that was the real rock by which she stood. It was the same for her younger sister as well. During the funeral, her younger sister clung to her as they watch their sister laid to rest and watching them, plus the hand grasping hers was a turning point for her.  She would take on the mantle of eldest sister, something she felt she was never really ready for but she would do it. In doing so when she graduated from high school she went into the military. Her younger sister vowing she would do so when she was old enough. Through out her time she excelled well until it came time for testing these new cubes. She volunteered for it and let herself merge with the cube itself. When she did she was reborn was CV-6 Enterprise. In some ways it was a stroke of irony. Enterprise was the second of the three class of ships and she was the second of three sisters. A fitting for her. She would bare the weight of the name with pride.   
Tactical Abilities: She can efficiently run aircraft from her decks so fast they overwhelm the enemy by the sheer numbers yet remain undetected, like a ghost on the water
Civilian Skills: Cooking, playing music, Archery and swordsmanship
Tragic Flaw: Feels she has much to live up to being merged with one of the most decorated ships in Eagle Union History and tried to hide the fact she needs to keep up the morale and living up to being known as CV-6 Enterprise
Three Things Your Character Likes: Alex likes to sing, play music on her flute and surprisingly she loves to cook. She has a talent for archery and swordsmanship
Three Things Your Character Dislikes: Hides her pain and the fact that she feels slightly inadequate to the task of baring the name Enterprise.
Player Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=12531
Character Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=12531

Major Major

Name: KMS Prinz Eugen
Pre-Merger Name: Anias Helga Becker (occasionally called "Annie")
Description: Quiet, sombre survivor
Ship Class: Admiral Hipper-class Heavy Cruiser
Nation: Ironblood
Appearance: <If you have additional images, those can go here in spoiler tags>
Personality: Solemn and quiet, tries to keep out of the way, while putting up a fairly flimsy facade of teasing and gadfly-esque behaviour.
Backstory: Anias is a girl who is weighed down by chip on her family's shoulder, in the form of her ancestor's prestigious history; an ancestor of hers served under Blucher at Waterloo, against Napoleon; her grandfather won the Iron Cross in the trenches of WWI, while his brother had also been a flying ace, with 9 confirmed kills to his name; in this particular time, her beloved father serves as an officer in the Paymasters Corp at the German Navy's base at Kiel.

Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation Sirens attacked; many people were wounded or killed during the attack; her father being severely wounded. Anias does not honestly recall much about that day, particularly how she came into contact with the mysterious cube that imprinted and merged with her, leading to her rebirth as the heavy cruiser Prinz Eugen; but the most important thing to her, was that her papa survived; and as far as she is concerned, that is the Most Important Thing.

Tactical Abilities: "Unbreakable Shield", "Full Barrage".
Civilian Skills: <Non-military things that your character is good at>
Tragic Flaw: She has a very low level of self-esteem, and simultaneously craves and fears attention and intimacy from others.
Three Things Your Character Likes: <Material things, scenarios, kinks; give us a practical idea of what you want to write>
Three Things Your Character Dislikes: <Again, this gives hooks into what to write about, and also what not to write about>
Player Ons and Offs:
Character Ons and Offs:

Still working on it.

Kit

Name: Adriaton
Pre-Merger Name: Aimée Jonan; secret name Gio Rosso
Description: Naïve, calm and determined
Ship Class: Submarine Carrier
Nation: Iris Libre
Personality: For a seasoned warrior, on occasion she will display an almost childlike naivete and exuberance. But most of the time possesses a quiet demeanor.
Backstory: Gio is the only daughter of a wealthy Italian family: The Rosso family. A family historically known as a weapon producer, owning the largest weapon factories in Italy, in charge of mass weapon and bomb production during WW1 and continuing to produce till this day, through legal or illegal ways. Though Gio didn’t live long under the Rosso roof as she was chosen to be at the young age of 6 part of a new generation of ultra-class spies along with 13 other girls, to be sent of to 14 different nations as to execute a masterplan to rocket Italy to its former Renaissance golden age. Gio was sent of to the Iris Libre nation. A lot changed when she quantumly merged with a Submarrine Carrier. After that event she cut her ties with the Italian secret agency, knowing she could be hunted down for her entire life.
Tactical Abilities: Stealth, versatility and organization.
Civilian Skills: Ballroom dancing, aircraft engine repair and embroidering. Secret spy skills as well though she doesn’t use them anymore.
Tragic Flaw: Really likes old-fashioned things, to the point where she’d rather have old timey seaplanes than actual modern ones.
Three Things Your Character Likes: Planes, classy individuals and her Italian origin.
Three Things Your Character Dislikes: People hiding secrets, herself and modernity.
Player Ons and Offs: Basically I accept anything as long as it’s not in the extreme kink section like vore, zoophiliia, scatophilia that sort of stuff (I make an exeption for mecanophilia this time)
Character Ons and Offs: Is Bisexual with as much a dominated side as a dominating side. On the verge of mecanophilia.

Mac84

(Test Character to see how she is received. Is considering doing Graf Spee, or Takao)

Name: Musashi

Pre-Merger Name: Yuki Saotome

Description: Reserved, Delicate, Determined

Ship Class: Yamato Class Battleship

Nation: Sakura Empire

Appearance: Stands 5'5" tall, fair skin, red eyes. Always wears a black Kimono with red trim. 

Personality: Musashi is quiet. She is dedicated in her role to the Sakura Empire, assisting its Flagship Yamato. She is loyal, and caring of others well being. 

Backstory: "Yuki Saotome" was merely what was put on piece of paper as she was given away to the Sakura Government at a young age of 3. She was usually always referred to by a number as she was raised in special Government Orphanages. Being shaped, and molded to be a candidate for the Quantum Merger. Brought up she was drilled to put the Nation and its people first before herself in all regards. When she reached her 15th Birthday, she was brought up for candidacy. Those running the program did not have high hopes for her as her scores had always been on the lower rungs of Average. However none were more surprised than Yuki when the Soul of the Super battleship Musashi chose her. 

Tactical Abilities: "Maximum Firepower", Full armor

Civilian Skills: "Singing", Cooking,

Tragic Flaw: Overexerting herself for the sake of others. To the point of threatening her own health. (And Sour Gummy worms)

Three Things Your Character Likes: Peaceful Gardens, Western style Music (Forties style big bands, jazz, blues,), Naps

Three Things Your Character Dislikes: Arrogant people, People getting hurt, being shouted at.

Player Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=118857.msg5186093#msg5186093

Character Ons and Offs: Gentle affection/Touches. Kisses, Bathing. (Will include more upon finalized concept.)

Idlewyld

Thank you for all your profiles. They look good at the moment - I'm running the images by the mods just to make sure though. Once that is done, I'll open up a character thread for you to use.

All the best,
Idle