Mass Effect 3!! (Warning. Spoilers inside!)

Started by Wyrd, January 13, 2011, 08:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prototype

Thane Krios for the win.  ::)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

My two cents.

The puritan filth, where ivy grows
The poisoned tear, the thorn, the rose
The sin, the pleasure, the sexual urge
Is what I choose for my last dirge

Hemingway

Thane Krios: badass assassin with a troubled past who somehow manages not to come off as a walking, talking cliché.

CmdrRenegade

Quote from: Inkidu on January 23, 2011, 09:00:31 PM
They know it too. Look how many shots they stick in there! So does her black suit or the white one look better?
No complaints about either.  Both make me stand at attention like Ken says.  If I had to pick I'd go with the black one though.
Quote from: Hemingway on January 25, 2011, 08:26:20 AM
Thane Krios: badass assassin with a troubled past who somehow manages not to come off as a walking, talking cliché.
Agreed. 

Now that I'm thinking about all this, what were the thoughts on the 2 optional characters: Zaeed and Kasumi? For me, Zaeed is Boba Fett done right, where instead of having a chump's death, you learn about his reputation and really see how he earned it.  Kasumi definitely has that thrilling air like so many 'master thief' stories have.  Also, I can't be the only one who'd like her as potential LI?
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Hemingway

Zaeed is batshit insane.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
I would've left him to burn if I hadn't been such a nice guy.

Kasumi ... I don't care that much for. Her character is just completely uninteresting to me. It's not bad, it's just not the type of character I like. Her loyalty mission was interesting, though, and I do like the choice at the end. It's quite profound.

Best part about Kasumi was her unlockable ability. Flashbangs! Just what my soldier Shepard needed.

cryptkeeper0

I really want to play the games i still need to play the 1st and 2nd one though. but the trailer is nice

Bentley

Zaeed is badass. I like him. Kasumi is one of my favorite squad mates though.

I hope they get full conversation wheels in ME3.

Hemingway

Wyrd

Ragtime Dandies!

Hemingway

I also have a black N7 t-shirt.

I'm not obsessed.

... I am considering an N7 tattoo. It is a very good-looking logo.

Yeah.

Yeah, this may be a bit unhealthy.

Wyrd

I have a Dream Theater Tattoo. I've also been thinking about some sort of ME ink. I'm really considering the Cerberus logo
Ragtime Dandies!

Hemingway

http://biowarestore.com/core/media/media.nl/id.345/c.862287/.f?h=86f3aa5360d7acc5a14e

With or without text? ;)

I know, I know, the text isn't part of the logo ...

Haha, it's interesting ... within the ME universe, a tattoo like that would be really offensive. In reality ... not at all.

Wyrd

I can't really decide right now. :P But right now, I'm thinking without text maybe. To be less offencive to the none humans... like my wife
Ragtime Dandies!

CmdrRenegade

I've considered getting one of those "Renegade" shirts, but I'll have to wait until the price goes down.  I'm not paying $24 for a T-shirt.
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Hemingway

I had to pay a great deal more than that for the shirt + shipping. So worth it. :'D

Wyrd

Ragtime Dandies!

Hemingway

Just finished my second playthrough. Hardcore difficulty. No one left behind, babyyy.

Guess it's time to finally get Lair of the Shadow Broker.

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wyrd

Ragtime Dandies!

Hemingway

I wanted to say it got old, but it really is awesome. It's awesome, with science on top, so you can feel smart about understanding it.

I'm playing Lair of the Shadow Broker right now, after EA finally let me on their servers. It. Is. Amazing. I'm not through yet, but my impression so far ... it's awesome. The first scene has great atmosphere, the Shadow Broker's base is mind-blowing. And it's funny! Ahhh!

Wyrd

Yeah. Lair of the Shadow broker was one of the best missions I've ever done in an Bioware game. I found it very satisfying. It seems like it should have come with Cerberus Network.
Ragtime Dandies!

Hemingway

When they talked about injecting more humor into ME3, I was skeptical. But this works.

Edit:

Well, I played through it all, and it was amazing. To say the Shadow Broker's identity surprised me, would be an understatement. It's not hard to guess what they were trying to do when you first step into the room, but I actually found it worked.

It was actually nice having Liara back, too. Her personality got badly mangled in ME2, so I was glad to see that toned down somewhat, made into a more mature version of her own self, instead of a cold-hearted killer. At least that was my experience.

The locations were fantastic, like I already mentioned, and the same is true of the humor.

I don't know what else to say. If this is any indication of the quality we can expect from ME3, then ... well, actually, it'll be a disaster, because how is anything ever going to top that?

Edit 2:

There's so much in the dossiers of the squad members I could mention, but there's one thing I really didn't expect: Grunt reading Hemingway. Or listening to audio books. Whatever. I like the guy.

Wyrd

Haha! glad you liked it. Did you see that Legion is a hard core gamer?
Ragtime Dandies!

Hemingway

I was up way, way too late, just reading through all those. There was a lot of good stuff.