[Interest check] Fellowship

Started by Blythe, May 02, 2016, 09:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

Just bought Fellowship, which looks easy and fun to run. I'd be happy to run a game and play the Overlord--anyone own this who might be interested in playing?

Ideally, I'd love a tongue-in-cheek humorous sort of story, with characters breaking the "fourth wall" for RPing and mechanics, maybe a little hint of Order of the Stick in terms of tone?

I'm looking for something mostly light-hearted with rare serious moments, not a sex-focused tale (although I'd happily make a side-thread for PCs to have sexual content). Not looking for long posts or anything real heavy, just casual short posts, where we can just focus on the fun and not worry too much about heavy writing.

Fellowship pretty much requires players work with the Overlord to create the world and how the races actually are, so that's why this interest check is a bit sparse! I'm hoping for a "swords and sorcery" tone, just classic good ol' adventuring.

Any takers? I'd want about 4 people. It's a system game, not something I'd run freeform. ^^

You may legally download the playbooks here. You do not need the core rulebook to play, just the playbooks!

AndyZ

Can we play without the book?  Honestly, a game that pulls upon Jojo as inspiration has me intrigued.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Blythe

Players wouldn't need access to the whole rulebook, but at minimum they'd need the playbooks--which is about how most Powered-by-the-Apocalypse-based systems work, if I remember correctly.

AndyZ

I'm not 100% what the Apocalypse system is, but if it's anything like Dungeon World (as it seems to be), you know I'm all up ons.

If we get enough people, I'll see about purchasing.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Blythe

I just heard back from the publisher of this. I double-checked, and I am permitted to share the playbooks so I can run this on a forum. :)

(link is from the core rulebook, and I have permission to share it from the publisher: http://www.mediafire.com/download/w4b7m9p82y47zql/The+Fellowship+Playbooks.pdf)

Will update the first post to include the playbooks link.

AndyZ

Awesome ^_^ Well, I'm definitely in.