Pathfinder: Jade Regent (GM Wanted)

Started by Latooni Subota, August 14, 2014, 05:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wargtass

No probs, he'll be the most goody-two-shoes former watchman I can muster.  ;D
O/O

Autocad

Good characters, or neutral characters with a close bond to the party and/or NPCs, will fit in best~

Also, I'm curious what your character concept is, Lat.  :-)

For a halberd-wielding fighter, default fighter or two-handed fighter archetype should be solid choices. Ironically, polearm master archetype is not as good, since the halberd isn't a reach weapon.

Faeli

So!  I'm interested.  I also have the worst rolls ever.

18, 10, 10, 9, 8, 5

I was going to make a cleric... although with those stats I might has well roll a pet :P

Muse

Quote from: Wargtass on August 18, 2014, 12:46:50 PM
Sooo, taking tha Human Race would actually equalize the suckitude of my piss-poor rolls to 9, 11, 11, 14, 15, 17. Also the idea of a mediocre warrior being drawn into an adventure bigger than his own capacity. I for one embrace my shitty dice! :V

*Sweatdrop*

Positive modifier of +6.  Do you have any idea how many times I would have killed for stats this good? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Latooni Subota

Blarp. Here there be edits! Yarr!
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Faeli

Alright all!  A bit of a barebones terrible character.  I went somewhat weird on this one, so let me know if I broke canon too radically :)

I apologize for the vagueness, but I am not familiar with the area and so much of my backstory isn't concrete...

Name: Sathyri
Race: Elf
Class: Cleric
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Description: Sathyri is a bit of a mysterious figure.  She almost always wears a deep green cloak that covers nearly everything except long tresses of red hair, the lupine-glow of her yellow eyes, long boots that go at least up to her knees, and occasionally a glimpse of a collar around the woman's neck.  She has never been known to take it off publically, and everyone seems to have a different claim for what the elfess wears beneath it, ranging from nothing to silky lingerie to a full-body leather catsuit. 

She is always bubbly and happy, amicable to suggestions and tends to spend much of her time in a person's lap or fetching additional drinks.  She isn't typically seen as a slut, since she doesn't actually directly flirt but simply acts extremely friendly towards everyone, but there are always the rumors that circulate about the types of things a bold man has convinced her to do...

Background: Sathyri was born far away.  She doesn't actually know where she was born, all she can remember of her original homeland is the light green sunlight which she assumes must have been the sun shining through a thick canopy, and a feeling of contentment.  When she was still young, she was captured in a raid upon her village and sold to a slaving caravan run by an Asmodean Cleric named Valeesh.  Valeesh was certainly something of an up-and-comer... rather than maintain his cult as a... well... cult, he instead worshiped Asmodeus openly, training the greatest and most brainwashed slaves that money could buy.  Moving his caravan between the myriad cities and states that allowed Slavery, Valeesh became something of a peddler prince, offering specially trained slaves with specialized skills, chief amongst them being collared clerics. 

Needless to say, this is what Sathyri became... through a strict regimen of abuse, neglect, and strategic praise, Valeesh slowly taught Sathyri that obedience was the only path to happiness, and that there lay a dormant power within her, an ability to mend wounds and please her better, but a power which could only be attained by acceptance of the status quo.  He taught her that Asmodeus valued consistency and subservience, and would jealously deny the woman her power if she attempted to escape or act beyond her station.

So it became, over the years Sathyri became brainwashed into an unwilling cleric of Asmodeus.  Although she did not believe in the viciousness or tyranny of her God, she accepted the system he proclaimed, and managed to trick herself into believing she deserved her lowly station in life due to her inherent weaknesses.  The strong made the rules, and all the weak could do was prove themselves useful.

She eventually found herself bought by an ingratiating little worm of a man who thought it would be useful to have a dedicated healer along on his journeys, and having a cleric who was both beautiful and didn't consider herself to have the right to say no only made the deal sweeter.  Even better, from his perspective, the fact that the woman actually accepted his ability to control her meant his caravan could move into areas where slavery was illegal, and she wouldn't attempt to escape.  He seemed to have thought of everything... except an arrow to the throat.  After several years of moving through various free cities, townships, and fiefdoms, a bandit archer's warning shot ended up not being quite as wide as was intended and slew the merchant outright.  Although the guards successfully drove the bandits away, it was too late for the merchant... and suddenly Sathyri found herself with no one to serve.

Sathyri eventually made her way back to town with the rest of the merchant's guards and, since the area did not condone slavery, no one thought for a moment that the woman may be available for the taking, and the rather confused cleric found herself with a sizable chunk of gold and no one telling her what to do. 

Since then, she has been relatively popular around Sandport.  She has readily agreed to join the caravans that move around at prices few other mercenaries are willing to tolerate, and will periodically host a poker game which rumor has it offers herself as the grand prize, though that may just be the boastful bravado.  She continually seeks out interesting diversions, not ever feeling complete unless she is working towards something bigger than herself, being used to achieve some great end...

Muse

Here's a nice set: 
15, 14,14,14,10, 7. 

Now, staff magus or singer of blades? 

I think i'll grab my staff magus with the great, big, huge....  Tracts of land! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Wargtass

Something like this I guess!  ;D

Name: Roland Marquez
Race: Human
Class: Fighter
Alignment: Lawful Good

Description: Roland is a living siege tower of a man, which is surprising to Koya since his parents were on the lighter scales of humanity. His broad shouldered 6'6" and strong physique makes him popular with ladies but his very awkward demeanor has thus far kept them at bay, which suits him just fine. He needed to focus on his his work anyway. He is a very practical man and as such most of his clothes are very tough and durable, if a bit rough on the eye. In armor is one lovingly crafted by himself, supporting the dream of one day becoming an armorsmith rather than a watchman.

Backstory: Roland's mother and father were both very good friends of the Mvashti long before he was born. They were like true siblings to Koya and to Roland old Madame Niska may as well have been a grand mother. So when tragedy struck and his parents were killed by robbers, Koya saw no other choice than to adopt him as her own. He traveled Varisia with caravans and picked up on a whole lot of tricks and skills from the travelers that the Mvashti accompanied. In the end however it became clear to a young Roland that it wasn't the lifestyle that was meant for him. As he came of age he settled in Korvosa and joined the city's watchmen.

As the years went on he made sure to always visit the caravans as they came to town and visit Mama Koya and 'Dame Niska. It came as a surprise however when the venerated Madame called him to her as she was becoming ill. She spoke at length about his parents, the way she always did when he visited, but there was a very serious tone to it. As he finally pried about her own health she asked him for a very important favor. He made the promise to protect Koya should she make a dangerous trip to faraway lands, something that he seriously doubted given Koya's own advanced age. Even so he left that evening with a sense of premonition. Madame Niska died that very same night.

Returning to the city he couldn't help but feel like he didn't belong anymore. As if destiny had picked him up and recolored him for another purpose than climbing the hierarchy of the city watch. Once again a sense of premonition came over him.

Might as well quit the watch and wait.
O/O

SheerFantasia

Ooo, any room left in this, or did I make it too late.  Loved the Jade Regent as whole, but never found anyone to handle it.  I'm thinking Magus or Cavalier, CN or CG.

Wargtass

Found no picture to my liking... SO I MADE MY OWN!

*maniacal laughter*

Just look at that blushing idiot...
O/O

Latooni Subota

Remember guys, nobody is going to Tian Xia. We're just bored people in Sandpoint who clearly won't have a grand adventure any time soon! :3

Seriously though, you're not making picking two of you easy. XD

SheerFantasia: You can try, but it's already a really tough choice between people so far, so the odds are pretty slim at being chosen. :x

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Faeli

Then clearly you need to beg Auto for more PC's :)

Depending on which characters we ultimately have on the table, we could make Sathyri into a non-combat character (DM willing).  With her stats it isn't unreasonable that she wouldn't be fit enough to actually participate in a battle, but might be drug along to provide post-combat healing

Wargtass

Alright, background changed to fit in. Now I am a kewl guy too... B)
O/O

Autocad

Latooni Subota

Wow, that stuff is INCREDIBLY silly, lol

Autocad

I'm wondering whether to make you guys use it. Or at least determine how well endowed your characters are with it. >_>

Latooni Subota

In related news, can we try and get all the applications in by tonight or earlier tomorrow, so we can make a decision and get things rolling? I don't wanna cheat the people who showed early interest out of their chance to get in. :x

Edit: I'm actually gonna do some character tweaks. I lose out on Trapfinding though, sadly. Could I take Trapfinding as a ninja trick eventually, or something? X3

Wargtass

That list of feats and spells though. I laughed so hard I woke up the missus... :V
O/O

Latooni Subota

Okay, new character! Basically the same role and similar personality and stuff though. :P

Name: Sayla Andosana
Race: Changeling (Human)
Class: Ninja

Description: Sayla Andosana is an unusual, petite woman of apparent Tienese descent, having the general features of someone from Minkai. Standing at a meager 4'8" tall she has the very image of a Tienese noble's daughter, possessing a frame that at first glance is frail and lean. She has long black hair that reaches down to her waist and delicate features, along with mismatched eyes (one brown, one slate grey). While not particularly curvy, and a bit prone to exhaustion, she's a surprisingly nimble girl with near-contortionist levels of flexibility and high reflexes. She carries herself with a dancer's grace, only to flash a drunk's grin and curse up a storm that even a sailor would take off his hat to. While she prefers to wear Tienese silks and cloth, she can most often be found wearing leather armor that is flatteringly cut to conform to every (admittedly slight) curve of her body. A leather chestpiece hugs her tightly, a pair of bracers, boots reaching nearly up to her thighs and slotted with holders for her beloved daggers. . . Okay so she basically likes to 'adventure' in what amounts to leather hotpants and a vest, but you gotta forgive her for wanting to be stylish and comfortable. She IS Ameiko's best friend after all.

Backstory: Sayla doesn't really know much about her early life, only that at some point Shalelu just found her out on patrol, and took her in. Apparently Sayla's image as an 'abandoned child' resonated to Shalelu at the time, leading to Sayla being made an honorary younger sister. While she shared a small home with Shalelu in Sandpoint during her time there, she found herself hanging out a good deal more with some of the other children that shared her features, Ameiko especially. The two girls found kindred spirits in each other and became fast friends, known for causing quite a bit of a ruckus around town! As Ameiko practiced her bardic arts and went on adventures, and Shalelu went out on increasingly longer patrols, Sayla practiced her own 'unique' skills on locked doors and people's coinpurses, never getting into too much trouble. It was clear that the girl was just lonely and bored, even after taking a job working as a cook in Ameiko's new tavern once she'd returned to Sandpoint.

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Latooni Subota on August 21, 2014, 11:50:06 AM
Edit: I'm actually gonna do some character tweaks. I lose out on Trapfinding though, sadly. Could I take Trapfinding as a ninja trick eventually, or something? X3

If it wasn't the same kind of trait as we're forced to take, I'd suggest this one.

SheerFantasia

Eeeek; well I'll give it a shot anyway and hope for the best.  The rolls I got are as follows accompanied by the character concept below:

16 15 13 12 12 11

Name: Arthas Silverhand (W.I.P.)
Alignment: CN
Race: Angelkin Aasimar (Cavalier of the Cockatrice 1)
Traits: Focused Disciple, Rescued (Shalelu)

Description: Despite his greying hair, which has turned more and more silver as the years go by, Arthas has an unusual ageless to his features with deep amethyst eyes.  Lean and hard bodied, he is well known for having a strong sword arm and immense physical strength despite his build and size.

Background: Arthas has never really had an easy childhood in Sand Point, possibly as some remember that in the past the aasimar Nualia (who also had silver hair) brought great tragedy to Sand Point.  Despite setbacks, Arthas has never allowed this to discourage him, always pushing back with his own upbeat personality, and eagerness to prove that he wouldn't become the same person Nualia was.  This has, however, become somewhat of an obsession, and even to this day, Arthas is very concerned with his image and takes pains to keep it untarnished.

This foolhardy form of foolhardy bravery led him to frequently dare the wilds, hunting goblins and other manner of pests that occasionally plagued Sand Point.  If was during one of these escapades that he bit off more than he could chew, and only good fortune saw it that the elven ranger Shalelu was in the vicinity, who managed to pull him clear to safety from the goblin ambush he had walked into.

Since that time, Arthas has resolved to be more careful and has been very grateful to Shalelu for preventing him from wasting life of foolish ventures.  He has since kept close to Sand Point, keeping close to the local militia to lend his considerable talents to the safety of the town whilst adding to his name.  Through Shalelu, he has come to know Ameiko and her friend Sandru.  Despite this, he still has an adventurous streak and yearns to see the world outside of Sand Point, making him take up the faith of Desna, which brought him to the notice of Koya.

Ghostwheel

Name: Makoto Kaijitsu

Class: Arcanist

Race: Half-elf

It was a number of years ago, far before the Kaijitsu family was decimated to only two members, that Makoto was welcomed into their fold. A boy then, now grown into a man, the child had always been inquisitive and impetuous, sometimes to a fault after his parents had died in one of the few plagues that would sweep the land at times. Having invited him to their house at times, they had grown fond of the boy, and when he had been left orphaned they had taken them in and seen to his care, giving him his new name as he was reborn into their family. It was some time later that Ameiko had left Sandpoint to go adventuring which left Makoto with to tend for the house after she had gone. During that time he had found a cache of magical writings, and become entirely invested within their dusty pages.

When Ameiko came back, he had transformed; the shock of black hair that had fountained from his head had turned white from the magical experiments he had undertaken in her absence, and his flesh had grown pale as marble from the lack of sun. Still, he greeted her warmly, for he still remembered her. Even now he still helps her at times at the Rusty Dragon when she needs an extra hand, though he far prefers to play with his blossoming magic and practice that art over interacting with others and socializing in general.

Of Ameiko's friends, he's always had a bit of a crush on Shalelu, admiring her fit, lithe body and her independence, while feeling little but distaste for Sandru, whom he sees as little more than a ruffian who's trying to get into Ameiko's pants, and despite being the "little" brother, he still feels protective towards Ameiko to the point where his dislike for Sandru has perhaps grown into something even deeper. Still, out of respect for Ameiko, he rarely, if ever, voices his opinion, keeping it locked deeply inside himself where he lets it fester for a time.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Character sheet mostly done, will go through the tedium of buying items if accepted.

Muse

And meenwhile, the picture I've been using forthis concept is eluding me.  ^_^;; 

I'll try to get her done by tonight. 

Latooni Subota