Blind Faith: a post-apocalyptic setting (LBGT friendly and Recruiting!)

Started by Cleo4u2, October 25, 2012, 05:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Crowe on October 26, 2012, 12:42:25 PM
Yeah, most likely he knows the guys were bullies, so most of the time Billy just turns a blind eye towards that and doesn't tell on him.
Awesome.  :-)
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Suiko

Character Sheet

Username: Angel Eros

Character Name: Lucien Stevens

Height: 5'7
Hair: Short, a bit windswept (unintentionally so) and blonde.
Eyes: Steel-blue
Appearance: Already somewhat short for his age, he often wears big jumpers a size too large that makes him seem even smaller. Often dark, simple things, he doesn't enjoy standing out too much and perfers to be a wall flower in almost all aspect of hiatus life. Black-rimmed spectacles are a constant feature on his face as well as a silver watch that hangs about his wrist, but other than this his sense of style tends to be somewhat plain. Dark navy jumpers with white shirts beneath and matching denim jeans, though they at least fit him properly.
He's lacking in any really form of muscle since he hates making a fool of himself in sporting events, but manages to keep himself in shape by eating healthily and as such he's fairly thin, made to look even moreso by his baggy clothes.

Sexuality: Homosexual
Personality: Equal parts quiet and passionate, Lucien has always been an avid reader. From a young age he visited the local libraries to take out vast numbers of books which he practically devoured over the years. This lust for knowledge carried over into his school life, making him known rather roundly as the nerd; the person to go to if you need help with homework (or someone to do it for you). He doesn't speak up much but is attentive and is always sure to remember as much as he can about facts and figures.
He likes things to be a certain way; to know about a situation before he enters it else he feels uncomfortable with his lack of knowledge on the matter and will try to fill in the gaps as much as possible. Shy but caring he will always try to help in his own little way, even if it could be something as small as offering a tiny smile out of the corner of your eye.
His lack of special skills can make him seem awkward however, and because of that he's often seen trailing at the back of the group, following along in silence. If he spoke up more he would likely offer some very insightful opinions, but as it is, he's very much a follower.

History: Fairly ordinary and uninteresting. His parents both being teachers and great academics, they instilled in Lucien at an early age to pursue knowledge and perhaps inadvertently placed a large amount of pressure on the boy to surpass their high intelligence. As the only child of the household he was occasionally spoiled with his desire to be left alone which is responsible for his lack of any people skills, but his parents always reassure him that one day he'll blossom.
Whether he believes them is another thing entirely.

Skills/Hobbies: He has the ability to analyse a situation from the background, mainly because that's where he always finds himself. He's smart and quick-thinking, but this clashes with his inability to focus well in a crisis situation. If there's a book, he's either read it or plans to and he enjoys his solitude with said books as his only company.

How he/she met Michael: Lucien helps a lot of people with their homework if he's asked and Michael was no exception. Occasionally he read to him, but only rarely owing to his lack of sight... More a casual acquaintance; someone useful than anything else.

Additional Notes I'd like to see Lucien pulled out of his shell in the story. Not sure how but for him to somehow become more confident in himself and more outspoken. Also his intelligence could be maybe put to good use.

Hope it's okay!
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

- Current Status: Slow, motivation is tough. See my AAs -

Blonde

Username: Blonde

Character Name: Chelsea Martins

Height: 5'4

Hair: Blonde

Eyes: Blue

Sexuality: As a rule straight, but is sexually adventurous.

Personality: Chelsea is an outgoing girl with confidence and charm, making her an easy person to get a long with. She has quite the determined and fierce streak in her, making her quite feisty at times. Chelsea isn't a complicated girl, she has little troubles with communications or nerves, but is socially dependent and sometimes reckless. Hardened exterior but is a softy at heart.

History: Chelsea was born in southern England, but her parents never married. Her father was in the British Army, and her mother a Doctor. Try as they could, they could not make their partnership work and so they divorced when Chelsea was three. However, she never went without. Although divorced, they kept a civil tongue for the sake of their daughter and were always there, and Chelsea had a pleasant and loving upbringing. She did not like living between two homes, but it was something she learned to cope with. However, at 12 it changed and her mother fell in love with an American, and her Mum soon married and relocated, but this time in another country.

Chelsea struggled, living between two countries and only seeing her mum when the schools in England broke up. Her life seemed to be split, but she still worked at having a normal life. She was always a social girl and made an excellent group of friends. And she continued with her dancing, something which she had been doing since she was six. Being a highly active girl, Chelsea always seemed on the go.

At sixteen, her father was killed in combat whilst out in Afghanistan, aged just 34. Chelsea was broken hearted, she loved her Dad dearly and believed she would never love another man as much as she loved him. Once his funeral was over and his body laid to rest, Chelsea moved with her mother to America, and to Texas where she lived with her new Military husband. Chelsea struggled at first but soon became a very popular figure at the school, mostly for the fact she had a clear Southern, English accent. She was also a confident and bubbly girl and made friends easily.

In her spare time when not with her friends, she learnt a lot about the medical industry, having a keen interest in becoming a nurse. She still dances, and had joined the Dance team at school.

Skills/Hobbies: She is well trained and educated in medical matters, of course not to the extent of a professional. She is also very energetic and has high stamina and endurance. She is a keen dancer and quite agile, and a very fast runner.

How he/she met Michael: Her accent caused them to start talking one day whilst waiting for a teacher to turn up.

On&Off's | Request Thread NewestV.1 && V.2 | Visual Index | Gif Index

Cleo4u2

I want to remind everyone that if I make a suggestion, it is just that - a suggestion. I will be in no way offended if you decline. On the same note, please remember to get permission from other players before you assume what your relationship is, acquaintances/strangers don't count for that, though. No one wants to be have their character controlled.

Angel Eros: He looks great. I think I have some ideas for him, but in case my plans go awry (best laid plans of mice and men, and all that), could we give him a specific skill from his book learning? Like architecture or something like that? Would he also have been one of the victims of the bullying TheHangMan and Gekido's characters defend against? Lastly, do you think he would have known Crowe's character?

Michael didn't talk much to Lucien, but he had sat down next to him in English class the first day and immediately was paired with him for reading. Since he couldn't see the books being read in class, the teacher thought it best if Lucien read to him so he could keep up and they wouldn't have to buy a special book in braille. The teacher also assumed that Lucien would just do what he was told, though Michael thanked him sincerely for the help.

Blonde: She's perfect! And now we have a medic ^_^ I would suggest that you talk to Crowe and Gekido about how your character's interacted before the plague. They seem to have been in the same circles.

Michael's attention had been caught by Chelsea's accent as they stood outside the classroom, saying she was unique in his world, more so than others. He had been very curious about England and how she was liking America, though they haven't spoke much since. Still, he always said hello when they passed in the halls.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts.  - Bertrand Russell

Ons/Offs and Info ~ Plot Ideas - Updated 6/213/16

My /Aways Updated 8/25/16

Jecht

Anymore room? I am very curious about this.
In my restless dreams, I see that town... Silent Hill. You promised you'd take me there again some day... but you never did. Well, I'm alone there now in our special place... waiting for you.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Crowe

Concerning Chelsea, I think Billy would be drawn to her, but he's also non-committal, so the exact nature of their relationship is up for discussion.

As for Lucien, well, he's pretty much under the radar, so I think Billy wouldn't know him that well unless they were in a study group or something like that.

Gekido

I think lance would know Blonde's character. I really see them talking with each other and being sort of friends. However the exact nature of their relationship is still out for me so if Blonde wants we can discuss the relationship via pm.

Cleo4u2

Quote from: Jecht on October 26, 2012, 03:04:26 PM
Anymore room? I am very curious about this.

Yep! We're liking short on girls, but I'm still taking strait guys atm.

Quote from: Crowe on October 26, 2012, 03:08:17 PM
As for Lucien, well, he's pretty much under the radar, so I think Billy wouldn't know him that well unless they were in a study group or something like that.

That's actually what I was thinking, but it's up to you guys.

Blonde: Looks like I'm not the only one who likes your character. :-)
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts.  - Bertrand Russell

Blonde

I'll PM both of you to discuss our characters friendships etc.

Aw, good  ;D
On&Off's | Request Thread NewestV.1 && V.2 | Visual Index | Gif Index

Suiko

I don't really see Lucien knowing anyone beyond the occasional homework helper. He's been in the background so much that he's just kind of not noticed. So when things get bad in the story and there's only a few people in the group, that's when he'll be noticed.
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

- Current Status: Slow, motivation is tough. See my AAs -

Eislynn

Color me interested. I'll need some time to flesh out a character...

Branwen

Character Sheet
Username:  Branwen
Character Name: Elizabeth Goetz
Height: 5'00"
Hair:  Pale Blonde
Eyes:  Blue-green
Appearance:  Elfin girl-child
Sexuality: Presumably Heterosexual but has never dated
Personality:  Quiet but not shy, completely external sense of self-worth and confidence, deferential to others.
History: Elizabeth's family is wealthy but otherwise unremarkable.  They are Reform Jews.  Her father owns the insurance and investment agency his father established and her mother keeps the home.  The Goetz family owns a large house in Allen in the Winningkoff neighborhood, but Elizabeth started school in McKinney and her parents chose to allow her to continue with her elementary school class so she'd have a better high school experience with long term friends.  She's tumbled since she could walk and though she could do competitive gymnastics, she only practices enough to keep her skills sharp for cheer.  Elizabeth's skills and small size make her a natural for the flier of the pyramid.  Elizabeth is quiet but not shy.  She speaks, but only when she has something to say.  She's a solid A/B student and has never been in trouble at school.  Elizabeth likes to spend a lot of time in Mr. Golden's math class after school and rarely misses a tutorial even though she doesn't need them.  Rumors are starting to spread about them though as yet Elizabeth is unaware of them.
Skills/Hobbies: Cheer, gymnastics, Mr. Golden's math class.
How he/she met Michael: She hasn't really met him yet, at least not more than simply seeing him in the hallways and in Mr. Golden's math class.  Elizabeth once picked up an eraser Michael dropped and sat it back on his desk but didn't say anything to him.
Additional Notes: Despite being a cheerleader, Elizabeth is largely a non-entity.  People know her, she is on the periphery of the Pretty Social Girls clique because of being a cheerleader, but in the program of This is High School, she's listed as part of the chorus. 

Eislynn

Here goes! Hope you like!

Character Sheet

Username:  Katida Desu      
Character Name: Madelyn Kovac
Height: 5'4"
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Classic heterochromia. One eye is dark brown. The other is deep blue.
Appearance: People sometimes misjudge her slight frame, but she's stronger than she looks.   
Sexuality: She identifies as straight, but perhaps that's only because no female has ever made her an offer.

Personality: People often mistake her for shy, but in large groups she merely watches and listens. Given the opportunity and a small group, she becomes very outgoing. She alternates between being the aloof artistic type, and the spotlight seeker.  She has many acquaintances, but few close friends, most of which are her friends from back east with whom she still tries to keep in touch. Tends to dislike it when someone gets something they haven't earned, but won't show it unless they directly piss her off. 

History: Madelyn's mother was 46 when she found out she was pregnant. It was unexpected, for sure, but her parents and brothers were thrilled at the prospect of one more family member. unfortunately, later life pregnancies often go wrong, and her mother died due to complications. People often give Madelyn a look of pity when they find out about it, but she tends to shrug them off. She sometimes wonders what it would have been like to know her mother, but she never really felt that she missed much with such a loving and supportive Father and two protective older brothers, current ages 25 and 27. Growing up in a household of men made the initially frail girl stronger both physically and emotionally than she might otherwise seem.

Her father was a non-descript cubicle dweller by day to pay the bills, but in his off time, he was a talented artist. At the start of her senior year, her father was offered a respite from his dull day job as he finally reached retirement. Now free from corporate America, he took a freelance position at a design firm in Texas. Despite not wanting to leave her friends in Pensylvania, Madelyn was on board to move across the country if that would make his dreams come true.

When she arrived at her new school, she auditioned for the theatre club to pick up where she left off. Much to her dismay, the way to earn the best stage parts in this area was not by having talent and presence, but by having parents that gave boatloads of money to the the school. Thus she was heartbroken to see talentless rich kids cast in lead roles, and iconic scenes cut completely due to their lack of any real ability. (Who cuts Hamlet's "To Be or Not to Be" soliliquiy because the actor can't memorize it?) Regardless, her love for the artform drove her to bring her expertise to behind the scenes. These days, you'll find her covered in paint from designing sets, or perched atop a ladder tweaking wires for sound systems and lights. Some of the cast and crew have taken to calling her "Maddy MacGuyver" because she can fix damn near anything, but she doesn't really understand the reference.

Skills/Hobbies: Artistic and skilled in set design and basic carpentry. Has an uncanny ability to fix or create things by instinct alone, hence her MacGuyver nickname.

How he/she met Michael: Bumped into him as she rushed into the theater one day to repair a fallen light. She apologized before dashing off to her duties. He may not have even had time to give her a response.

Additional Notes: Climbing around on ladders and sneaking about backstage during productions has taught her to be quite dextrous and stealthy.

Crowe

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Cleo4u2

Edit: I'm thinking of "The Journey" for the story title. Any opinions or other suggestions would be lovely. I'm also taking suggestion as to which area of the forums to put this. I'm thinking Bondage, but will take other suggestions as well.

Girls who might be straight....maybe XD

Katida desu: She's perfect. Nothing to add or suggest.

Michael's reaction to being nearly run over by Madlyn was just a silent expression of, "What just hit me?"

Branwen: Very nice. Just curious, was the chorus a metaphorical reference or literal? I assumed metaphorical, but I want to check in case I'm wrong. It has been known to happen, though I'd never admit that =3

Quote from: Angel Eros on October 26, 2012, 03:18:21 PM
I don't really see Lucien knowing anyone beyond the occasional homework helper. He's been in the background so much that he's just kind of not noticed. So when things get bad in the story and there's only a few people in the group, that's when he'll be noticed.

Sounds good to me d(^_^)b

Gekido

I think bondage is good enough, my guy loves to tie up girls and spank them from time to time :P

Branwen

Thank you, Cleo.  It was metaphorical.  I suspect Elizabeth has, at best, an Autotune voice.  :)  Bondage seems a logical and sensible place.  It allows for a great deal of flexibility which, considering it's in bondage, is quite funny.

Eislynn

Quote from: Cleo4u2 on October 26, 2012, 09:00:40 PM
Edit: I'm thinking of "The Journey" for the story title. Any opinions or other suggestions would be lovely. I'm also taking suggestion as to which area of the forums to put this. I'm thinking Bondage, but will take other suggestions as well.

Girls who might be straight....maybe XD

Katida desu: She's perfect. Nothing to add or suggest.

Michael's reaction to being nearly run over by Madlyn was just a silent expression of, "What just hit me?"

Awesome. o(^▽^)o

You mentioned taking suggestions for titles. A phrase came to mind as I read the intro: "blind faith."

Of course "the journey" sounds delightfully mysterious. (*^_^*)

Branwen

Quote from: Gekido on October 26, 2012, 09:11:17 PM
I think bondage is good enough, my guy loves to tie up girls and spank them from time to time :P
I nominate Madelyn, mainly because I want to see how prettily she cries.  :)

TheHangedOne

The Journey of Blind Faith! Okay, too many words, possibly. I think both are pretty damn good.

Bondage sounds sensible, too. Though if we're going to have a lot of gore or anything (from fights with other survivors, for instance; running into crazy gangs of kids with heads on pikes; stuff like that), it might be better to put it in Extreme, for the violence content.
Check out my poet tree!

Cleo4u2

I think maybe "Blind Faith: The Journey" for the main story, then like "Blind Faith: [Insert mysterious title]" for other threads we need. How's that sound?

Quote from: TheHangedMan on October 26, 2012, 09:23:28 PM
Bondage sounds sensible, too. Though if we're going to have a lot of gore or anything (from fights with other survivors, for instance; running into crazy gangs of kids with heads on pikes; stuff like that), it might be better to put it in Extreme, for the violence content.

That is a really good point. I'm not planning on a happy go lucky story. This is a post-apocalyptic setting and there are going to be many other kids with guns trying to capture/kill/rob the group.

Branwen

This is all well and good, but can we talk important things?  Such as, what's the status of ice cream in this post-apocalyptic nightmare?  Am I going to be reduced to scavenging for freeze dried astronaut ice cream? 

Cleo4u2

I'm afraid that, while ice cream will be able to be created the hard way, most will be melted within the month when the power goes out.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Branwen on October 26, 2012, 09:34:28 PM
This is all well and good, but can we talk important things?  Such as, what's the status of ice cream in this post-apocalyptic nightmare?  Am I going to be reduced to scavenging for freeze dried astronaut ice cream?
Yes, you are. Or making your own! (Might have to buddy up with Jack, he could do that).
Check out my poet tree!