Anyone here play Frozen Synapse?

Started by Galactic Druid, July 24, 2012, 01:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Druid

I am completely in love with this game. It's a half real-time, half turn based strategy game that usually only lasts a handful of rounds. It's really nice because my best friend (who works at a hospital) is working the exact opposite shift as me (chef at a dinner-only venue), and the game can be played by logging in, sending a move, and leaving, so we can actually play one another despite never being online together. It's pretty awesome.

Anyway, if anyone else has it (or may go get it based on my recommendation), PM me and let's start a game.

Please remember E's rules and that this forum is accessible by guests if you post here. PM requests work great, but directly posting our user names won't.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Callie Del Noire

I'm still learning the ropes. Damn rocket guy s are kicking my butt.

Galactic Druid

Ohhh, if you want some training, I can help. But yeah, rocket guys are brutal in light games. I'll PM you with my name!

Shjade

I own the game. I even have it installed.

I haven't ever actually played it yet. :x
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Shjade on July 24, 2012, 09:54:58 AM

It is fun.. takes a bit of time with the training scenario to get a feel for the set up..

Galactic Druid

Quote from: Shjade on July 24, 2012, 09:54:58 AM

Steam Sale? XD

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on July 24, 2012, 04:13:23 PM
Steam Sale? XD

They have had LOTS of stuff on special the last few weeks.

PennyNarrows

I too took advantage of the Steam sale, but haven't tried it out yet. Will soon now that I read this thread. :) Sounds good!

Shjade

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on July 24, 2012, 04:13:23 PM
Steam Sale? XD

Steam sale from a while ago. I've had the game since not long after it was released. In fact I don't think it was that much of a sale; I just liked the concept and the soundtrack so I picked it up. ... And then never did anything with it. :x
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Callie Del Noire

Crusader Kings II is fun too.. I'm learning it.. but given that I can play one of my ancestors in it.. I'm having fun trying to be him.