Hillary for President??

Started by Lancis, October 21, 2006, 01:09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Overlord

What her media machine keep blurting out, is that Hillary gets more votes with working-class whites, even in areas like Appalachia.

So tell me this, what makes any of these folks think Hillary gives a flying fuck about them beyond their vote?

Or to rephrase more accurately; what makes any of these folks think Hillary gives more of a flying fuck about them than Obama?

ShrowdedPoet

I think that Hillary has already lost.
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

National Acrobat

She's lost the Presidential Nomination for sure, but she could still possibly take the VP slot.

However, I do think that Obama will have a hard time in the general election in the south, for instance, and in states that normally vote republican, even though he's won the Democratic Primaries there easily.

California did a lovely job by deciding to possibly put a plebescite dealing with Same Sex marriage on the ballot in November. That should get everyone out to the polls in record numbers.

ShrowdedPoet

I don't think Obama really wants her for VP and I myself hope that she doesn't get in.  I also hope Obama doesn't win and don't care for McCain either. . .third party, that's what we need!
Ons and Offs

Sugarman (hal)

Quote from: ShrowdedPoet on May 21, 2008, 10:29:10 AM
I don't think Obama really wants her for VP and I myself hope that she doesn't get in.  I also hope Obama doesn't win and don't care for McCain either. . .third party, that's what we need!

Never will happen... America has never had a third party do anything more then spoil the party's chance it split from.
"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make."

My On/Off's

RubySlippers

Quote from: ShrowdedPoet on May 21, 2008, 10:29:10 AM

There are two other major parties putting out Presidential candidates the Green Party and my own Libertarian Party who will be holding our Convention this weekend, then we can start our race for President.

Sugarman (hal)

Quote from: RubySlippers on May 21, 2008, 04:44:25 PM
There are two other major parties putting out Presidential candidates the Green Party and my own Libertarian Party who will be holding our Convention this weekend, then we can start our race for President.

Major what... put together maybe 15% of the total vote? Some major party  ::)
"And in the end
The love you take

My On/Off's

Moondazed

This is a time when my ethics oppose logic.  Ethically I want to find someone who most closely aligns with my views, but logically I know that that is, in effect, throwing away my vote at this point.  I do all I can to support my party of choice, but they don't have a legitimate shot at the White House, and I refuse to throw my vote away.
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Sugarman (hal)

Quote from: moondazed on May 21, 2008, 05:21:35 PM
This is a time when my ethics oppose logic.  Ethically I want to find someone who most closely aligns with my views, but logically I know that that is, in effect, throwing away my vote at this point.  I do all I can to support my party of choice, but they don't have a legitimate shot at the White House, and I refuse to throw my vote away.
hell I've done that plenty... my first throwaway was in 68... Eugene McCarthy

yup I'm that old.
"And in the end
The love you take

My On/Off's

Moondazed

Seasoned, experienced... we don't say old *scolding Hal*
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

RubySlippers

Well I pointed out the fight is for Congress forget the President if you would vote in 25% members of third parties then they are no longer out of the system they just split the two party system in two. Unless you think the Republicrats can get together and vote over 60% on every bill.

And if I must choose between the lesser of two great evils I'm not going to settle and bury this nation further by voting for someone I don't trust, doesn't meet my values and are throwing away everything I stand for.

And my vote is not thrown away is one vote Not on record with the Democrats or Republicans.

Moondazed

Don't flatter yourself, RubySlippers, I wasn't trying to change your opinion.  Simply stating mine.

RubySlippers

Ok so your for voting for someone you don't like and don't seem to trust that makes alot of sense. If a rapist and a sadist murderer were trying to get into the house would you give one the key and roll out the red carpet for? As far as I'm concerned if one can't ethically and with honor use their vote for a candidate they have a moral duty to find one they can vote for. To do less is to spit on the face of the Founding Fathers, every soldier that died and was mangled so you have the right to vote and every child on the street for its their future being thrown away.

Its that important.

Sugarman (hal)

QuotePreamble

As Libertarians, we seek a world of liberty; a world in which all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and no one is forced to sacrifice his or her values for the benefit of others.

We believe that respect for individual rights is the essential precondition for a free and prosperous world, that force and fraud must be banished from human relationships, and that only through freedom can peace and prosperity be realized.

Consequently, we defend each person's right to engage in any activity that is peaceful and honest, and welcome the diversity that freedom brings. The world we seek to build is one where individuals are free to follow their own dreams in their own ways, without interference from government or any authoritarian power.

In the following pages we have set forth our basic principles and enumerated various policy stands derived from those principles.

These specific policies are not our goal, however. Our goal is nothing more nor less than a world set free in our lifetime, and it is to this end that we take these stands.

Sounds of anarchist stuff. Free to ignore anyone but self... A?
"And in the end
The love you take

My On/Off's

Moondazed

Quote from: RubySlippers on May 21, 2008, 05:57:33 PM
Ok so your for voting for someone you don't like and don't seem to trust that makes alot of sense. If a rapist and a sadist murderer were trying to get into the house would you give one the key and roll out the red carpet for? As far as I'm concerned if one can't ethically and with honor use their vote for a candidate they have a moral duty to find one they can vote for. To do less is to spit on the face of the Founding Fathers, every soldier that died and was mangled so you have the right to vote and every child on the street for its their future being thrown away.

Its that important.

Spare me your melodramatic drivel.  That's not what I said and you know it... or maybe you don't, in which case I feel sorry for you.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Sugarman (hal) on May 21, 2008, 12:19:15 PM
Never will happen... America has never had a third party do anything more then spoil the party's chance it split from.

America's also never faced a permanent energy shortage and economic collapse.  I think when the American people get around to realizing just how screwed we are, there's no telling what might happen.

National Acrobat

Quote from: TyTheDnDGuy on May 22, 2008, 03:37:13 AM
America's also never faced a permanent energy shortage and economic collapse.  I think when the American people get around to realizing just how screwed we are, there's no telling what might happen.

Exactly. Times are changing, and if the major two parties can't find a way to offer some meaningful, solid ideas to make things better, people will go in another direction. It's the American way.

ShrowdedPoet

Part of this conversation is making me sick. 

America needs a change.  Attitudes need to change, policies need to change, Change is an important part of a healthy country and we've been the same for FAR too long.
Ons and Offs

Sugarman (hal)

It's over Obama is our Democrat nominee. Hillary you put up grand show, much thanks
"And in the end
The love you take

My On/Off's

Zakharra

Does he have enough delegates with the pledged and super delegates? Or is that number fuzzy too? I expect the Clintons to fight to the bitter end, at the convention.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Zakharra on June 03, 2008, 09:55:51 PM
Does he have enough delegates with the pledged and super delegates? Or is that number fuzzy too? I expect the Clintons to fight to the bitter end, at the convention.

I think she's going to concede.  If she doesn't formally concede this week, she's going to come under more and more pressure to do so.  She can't win.  She just doesn't have the delegates.  All she can do by staying in the race is hurt the Democratic Party's campaign in the general election.  She could angle for a VP slot...then the same onus to gracefully accept the voters' mandate would fall onto Obama.  The party leaders would then turn to him and say, "Look, I know you may not have had Hillary in mind for veep, but she's popular enough she almost beat you.  Do the right thing for the team and bring her on board."

That's really Hillary's best option at this point.

Sugarman (hal)

Obama has the # needed. Hillary basically conceded already (National News)
"And in the end
The love you take

My On/Off's

Zakharra

The thought of having Hillary as VP has got to give him nightmares. She would not be one to sit still andnot try to improve her chances at the next reelection. If she does get the VP slot and the Demos win the White House, I fear for Barack's reputation.

QuoteNever will happen... America has never had a third party do anything more then spoil the party's chance it split from.

Not quite. In the mid to late 1800's, the Wig Party one at least one Presidential election. History has shown that the chance of a 3rd party winning is very low.

One party I do not want to win for any reason is the Green Party. *shudders* Enviromentalists should never be allowed to run a country.

ShrowdedPoet

I was watching the news last night and it seems she is going to try to force Obama to make her his running mate.
Ons and Offs

Zakharra

That's what I'm reading on the radio news.