Hillary for President??

Started by Lancis, October 21, 2006, 01:09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lancis

Think Hillary Clinton can make it? Some thing on the news mentioned that Bill might even run with her as VP, think she stands a chance either way?
I do what my rice krispies tell me to!

Art is  not my work, its source online is now down, but it was a Romusz

MagicalPen

If Hillary becomes President, i'm leaving the country.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

ZK

As would I.

I mean, I am all great about a woman trying to run for president. But c'mon, in my opinion, there could have been a better woman.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Zakharra

She would be a terrible President. Her husband, Bill can't run as her VP. He's already served 2 terms as President and is barred from holding any post that puts him in the line of succession if the President becomes incapacitated or killed.

Condi Rice would be a better President. Hillary is too shrill and hard core left. Of course this is assuming that she's 1) running and 2) gets nominated. She hasn't said if she's running for President yet.  ::)

Lancis

Actually, Our laws (god bless america) have no term limits for Vice presidents... or limitations, a former President can run for VP, As it is an office they have never had, and with no term limits. :) Course someone else would have to nominate him for VP after Hillary was out of Office. But he can run for VP. :)
I do what my rice krispies tell me to!

Art is  not my work, its source online is now down, but it was a Romusz

Akioth

I'd leaving the country if she becomes president. Already had one clinton too manu....thank you very much.
Akioth has requested an indefinite hiatus of his account.

Sex on television can't hurt you unless you fall off. 

No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens.  ~Abraham Lincoln

Zakharra

Quote from: lancis on October 21, 2006, 10:48:07 PM
Actually, Our laws (god bless america) have no term limits for Vice presidents... or limitations, a former President can run for VP, As it is an office they have never had, and with no term limits. :) Course someone else would have to nominate him for VP after Hillary was out of Office. But he can run for VP. :)

It would not pass Constitutional muster I'm afraid. The VP is the next in line to be President if the current President cannot stay in office. Bill is already term limited out. Because he'd be in the line of succession, that invalidates him as a candidate.

RubySlippers

No Barack Obama from the great state of Illinois is the Democrats best hope in 2008. He is young, open minded, a poltician of the next generation and a level headed politician that will put the duty of President first.

So lets hear it for President Obama it has a nice amercian ring to it.  ;D

Jefepato

I don't agree with Obama on everything, but he seems a solid candidate and a stand-up guy.

His youth and (relative) lack of experience might hurt him, but he may just be the right man for the job.  Especially if the alternative is Hillary Clinton.

RubySlippers

Not true at all his being outside the system might be an asset he does one thing well work with people of both parties and he is likely to be a unifier. We need that.

Jefepato

It might be an asset, but that doesn't mean his opponent won't try to make it look bad.

RubySlippers

And anyone attached to Bush and the status quo on the Republican side will be reaping the whirlwind WHEN ,not if but WHEN, Iraw goes into an all out civil war and we are stuck getting troops decimated. Not to mention a massive rising national debt, out of control Federal spending and the stripping away of fundamental legal rights of due process. And anyone they choose will likely be a person in with Bush.

Jefepato

I'm pretty sure the Republican Party is at least as aware of the relative merits of nominating a candidate close to Bush as you are, RS.

If Iraq really does break down into an all-out civil war by 2008, it won't matter who the Republicans run -- they won't have a prayer.  But if Bush manages something that looks like a graceful exit, the Democrats will have to at least be careful not to screw up the advantage they've got.

Elven Sex Goddess

Hilliary is the best choice for president, not for herself alone but for the brain trust she would bring into the white house.   Plus Bill Clinton has alot of pull overseas and in being able to get things done.   Unlike he current admin of Bush whitehouse.    Condi is not respected at all, and would be a bad choice for president.   S

Colin Powel who had the sense to get out, is the next best choice.  That has understanding, but it would remain to be seen what kind of cabinet he would put together.   Cause with the cabinet of Hilliarys it be Bills old one.  The same one that worked with a Republican congress and had a surplus budget.   If he were to bring back some of the first Bush cabinet, it be strong.   But not sure for they be up in age, as already  Sears has been brought in to help bail the failed policys of this current cabinet.

On Barack Obama aside from he is really sharp, his experience and what his cabinet would be.  Is big questions for me. 

Condi Rice,  the world does not respect her as Secretary of the State, she be a clone of Bush and well another four more years of instead of true governing,  partism politics.  Gee with six years of controling both Executive and Legistrative branchs.  The republicans sure have managed not to get anything done.   

I see myself as a independant,  both convservative and liberal in views.  I think a more sensible middle  of the road candidate that is willing to listen to both sides to get best is what is needed. 

Lilac

Hillary approved of the recent suspension of Habeas Corpus in the Military Powers Act.  That disturbs me.

Condi Rice, "There was nothing to suggest that America was under attack..."  "...I believe it said Al Queada cells were in the United States."  "It said that Osama Bin Laden was determined to attack the United States."

...I don't trust her either.

It's not that they aren't bright - no doubt they are - but they have agendas and I do not believe they corrolate well to the continued freedoms we enjoy in the United States.

MagicalPen

And honestly, i dont think that those who voted for Bush would vote a woman into presidency. They're the same kind of people who vote for the right to bear arms (which is a very outdated idea...back in the 1700's you had to watch out for Indians, Outlaws, and were often in your towns Militia. These days, none of those are an issue), and are the kind of people who would rather kill gay people then let gay people get married. AKA rednecks and the like.

If any of you have seen a detailed map showing who voted for who in the last election, all those in big cities or with in the general area of a city voted for Kerry (even Washington DC voted for Kerry) while Bush mainly got those living in rural areas, religious fanatics, and gun wielding rednecks.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Elandra

Woah now, I consider myself a moderate, conservative in some views, especially fiscally but liberal when it comes to social issues. The right to bear arms, however outdated, is a Constitutional right, as are the rights of the press, religion and freedom of speech. If you take away one of these rights, who’s to stop one from taking away the rest of them.

I hope, beyond hope, that the Democrats find someone that can win the 2008 election, but with the chance of McCain running and the Democratic platform existing of anti-Republican accusations, I do not see a win for the democrats. I do not think that Hillary is the right person, for the job, she might be respected internationally, but honestly I do not think that Americans are ready for a female President.
~~~ ONs & OFFs ~~~ Requests ~~~

Sugarman (hal)

Go Hillary the great population reducer... lol

she not got a ghosts chance but would love the run.
"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make."

My On/Off's

Elvi

I do not think that Hillary is the right person, for the job, she might be respected internationally

Is she?
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Sugarman (hal)

mostly Elvi as is Bill, from what I see... But American don't give any credence to foreign opinion. We vote our pocket book and our religion mostly
"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make."

My On/Off's

Elvi

*shrugs*
I see no support for her here, nor for Bill when he was in power.

Elandra

Changing the subject a little bit...What, if any, thoughts does the typical Brit have about Condi Rice?

Elvi

That depends upon what you see as a typical 'Brit'

Elandra

LOL...okay lets take your opinion of her then.

Now I know you are in no way typical, just curious really.

Elven Sex Goddess

Not Hilliary but Bill is, and that would in effect be the same.    The same can be said of Bush senior who cringes at the current adminstrations policies.  He was respected in political and dilplomatic circles world wide.   That is fact with his coalition he put together for the 1st gulf war.

But your arguing apples to oranges when it comes to these kind of debates.   I have history, for Americans.  when the republicans last controlled everything their policies led to the stock market crash.  Gee sound familiar right now with the records with the dow, yet the underbellie of good jobs and health care has not been addressed.  It is taking a companies like Wal-Mart that are actually making things affordable for good majority of Americans.   

But lets not just plague the republicans as bad.  the democrats are just as capable of screwing things up if in total control.   The recession and the first big budget in the red of debt was their doing.   

And now it has been again a all republican goverment that has once again indebted us and gotten us into a war that has actually worsen things.   Just like the democrats in history did with vietnam.

But when their was a balance of the partys in controll branches.  It cause something pretty neat,  it cause things to get done.  Were they perfect, no not all.  And who cares if Bill yanked his willy at every opportunity.  A least we knew he is human and is not email page.     

And finally what made the republicans the so called war experts.  Last I checked the true republican war veterans such as Bush Sr, and Bob Dole are wincing at all this now.  It seems the ones that play with their miniatures battles, should get into something like micro armor or such. Or maybe warhammer lol.