News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Caravanserai [Events]

Started by Flower, July 27, 2018, 07:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LocusVonErich

Name: Joseph Edwards
Date | Time: 7 June 2020, Midnight, or thereabouts 
Wearing: As pictured plus This mask
Tagging: Becky

"In the interest of fairness...my game secret is that my life is nonlinear, and I've seen flashes of this event in my dreams." Joseph would chuckle softly, finding her game secret a bit more fascinating. "However...if you remember earlier this evening, a woman in a starry dress went running out of here. It seems that she has some sort of romantic link to your friend in the gold suit. It was the sight of your little steamy moment with him that sent her running."

RedPhoenix

Name: Becky Washington
Date | Time: June 6 | Just shy of midnight
Wearing: As pictured plus this mask
Tagging: Jospeh (closed)

Becky smiled at the secret. "Well that sounds interesting." She said, "I guess that means you knew I'd be here huh?" She played along with it, but her smile faded as he told her what he'd learned.

"Yeah, other people's drama." She rolled her eyes a bit and sipped the coffee. "I'm not one to give advice that wasn't asked for but if my man was at a party with me he wouldn't be kissing someone else." She shook her head. "But that's their business I guess."

She lifted her backside and slid onto the barstool, bare feet dangling below her as she signaled for another coffee.

She wondered for a moment if something was going to come back on her for it, then both realized and decided she didn't care.

"He was a vampire." She chuckled. "That was his secret I mean."
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

LocusVonErich

Tagging: Becky(closed)

"There was a woman in a pink and white Medieval Doctor type mask. She was Batgirl, supposedly. Unfortunately, that's my one." Joseph would give the one secret he learned away. "So...I take it that you're one of those 'shoulda put a ring on it' type girls. The way you seduced your way through the crowd this evening was telling in its own right. You're not here for a ring. You're not Stella trying to get her groove back. You're a woman being reborn, and with rebirth comes experiencing new things. You're like a foal moments after birth, awkwardly standing on its new legs before it has figured out how to gallop. I admit, I respect that in a lot of ways." Joseph would sip on a lime tonic, still trying to figure out if he wanted to stay here or call it a night. After all, Becky had been the Belle of the Ball. Joseph had been the Phantom of Caravanserai. Resisting the urge to catch the occasional inappropriate glance was tiring in its own right, and the fact that her dress made it that much easier to do only complicated the difficulty.

RedPhoenix

Becky made a noise halfway between a laugh and a scoff. "I've had a ring on it." She shook her head. "Not again. Not for a long while anyway." She shook her head like one imagining a bad time at summer camp, or a terrible job she used to do.

"I was just having fun." She smiled at him. "I've never really had the chance to do that." She smiled a bit sadly. "Got married young." She said, as if that was all the explanation it needed. And really, it should cover it. The Becky who could wear a dress like this had never had a chance to see what it would do to the world when she unleashed it. Sure, Marcus had liked her in stuff like this, but she'd have never flirted in it. Not while married. That had meant something to her.

"And I'm glad I did." She finished with a very happy smile as she took a sip of her coffee and set it down.

"So. Mister Phantom." She said as she rotated in her stool to face him. "How come you never took me up on my offer?"

LocusVonErich

Offer? He had met her at midnight like he had said he would...what was he forgetting? "I'm going to have to ask you to forgive me. My memory ain't quite what it used to be. What offer are you referring to? If you wouldn't mind refreshing my memory." Joseph felt embarrassed he had forgotten anything the captivating woman had said. But...between watching the room, having a drink or two too many, and stealing glances at the plunging cleavage of her dress, he couldn't find what he needed to in order to answer her question.

RedPhoenix

Becky opened her mouth to answer but then saw his eyes quickly darting away from her cleavage for the umpteenth time. She stifled a giggle. "Oh my god just look at them, I didn't wear this dress to get all offended at people staring." She shook her head, reaching out and putting her hand on his cheek she gently coaxed his head back to look in her direction. Of course where his eyes went exactly she couldn't control, but she gave him permission.

"I meant my offer for everyone." She said her hand lingering on his cheek. "A kiss and a date for secret." She smiled at him. "How come you didn't take it? I mean, not that I'm that egotistic or anything but uh..." she giggled a little, "It's not like you mind looking at me." She grinned as she slowly moved her hand away.

LocusVonErich

Joseph felt a pang of guilt as she caught him and redirected his attention from her chest to her eyes. But, he would take a breath and recount the offer he had heard in passing. "Well, you seemed to be having yourself a grand old time, and I was afraid I'd get buried on your dance card. You're quite the interesting woman, and you had your fair share of people coming after you. Not to say I wouldn't...I gladly would. If the offer is still on the table, I'd love to have the opportunity." She was right, he did love looking at her.

RedPhoenix

"I suppose I was." She smiled at him, cocking a head to the side. "And I can't have the same offer, there's no secrets left." She smiled at him and slid out of her stool, holding her dress at the hem so it didn't ride up too much she walked to stand next to him, about the same height now as he was sitting. "So I guess this is for free." She smiled and leaned in and kissed him full on the lips, her hands holding onto his cheeks lightly as she stood between his legs as she sat on the bar stool.

LocusVonErich

Joseph would eagerly dive into the kiss that Becky had initiated, his arms wrapping around her body and lifting her ever so gingerly. The taste of her mouth was exciting, and now he wished he had done the simple courtesy of at least popping a mint beforehand. But that thought would be quickly pushed to the back of his mind as he let himself enjoy the moment. Before long, he would break things up. Breathlessly, he would laugh before quipping, "Maybe I should have negotiated this first...I feel a bit rude for not having anything to return the favor."

RedPhoenix

As he wrapped her in his arms and lifted her, Becky let out a little gasp of excitement, obviously not minding being handled like that one bit, and then relaxed again in his arms as the kiss continued until they paused. She was smiling afterwards, obviously he'd been worth the wait.

"There's always time to negotiate." Becky said with a grin. She reflected on how interesting kissing everyone here was. They all were so different in how they approached it, all different in how they kissed. She'd let her hand trail down to his shoulders and she squeezed there as she remained in his arms, close to him. "Especially if you want a second one." She grinned, aware that she was being transparently mercenary and enjoying it. Not that there was anything she really wanted to exploit from this man, she just was finding being in a position of sexual power quite liberating and, honestly, very fun. "Or something more..." she teased as she turned away.

LocusVonErich

"Well...in order to negotiate...you've got to have something you want of me. It's not money, everyone here has it in spades. It's not power, you already have that in your beautifully libertine approach to this conversation. So...in exchange for a second kiss and maybe more...what is it that you desire of Joseph Edwards, The Phantom of Caravanserai?" His eyes would still very much wander, even though part of it was simply that he was already somewhat drained from the efforts of the evening.

"I know what I want...and it's not exactly conversation appropriate to mixed company." Now it was Joseph's turn to take liberties. "The problem is...I can't say that I know what you would want of me in return...or if I have anything in return that you would want...except maybe to help you experience those things that you haven't been able to...and I can really only do that partway..."

RedPhoenix

Becky smiled, a sympathetic laugh at Joseph's conundrum. "I know, and to be honest with you, I can't think of anything I want particularly either." She grinned at him, as if aware this was a fairly unfair situation to put him in but enjoying it too much to feel bad about it.

"Maybe we can continue this conversation some other time." She squeezed his shoulders tenderly again. "When we haven't been drinking all day. Or when we can do it with each other." She grinned, open to either way.

LocusVonErich

"Well...I hear there's a certain room here in Caravanserai where we can go and have this conversation in more...intimate quarters, a Red Room, if you will. I've got nothing else to do, no place else to go...save the exorbitantly luxurious suite for one that I booked for myself. Though...you may be right, and this conversation would be better served sober. Your choice, Miss Becky." Joseph would leave his statement open ended. On one hand, she was right that such a discussion would be better in a more clear minded context. On the other, he didn't want the night to end early...he wanted every moment he could have with her before the sun rose again. If anything, lust was responsible for his bold words more than the alcohol had been. But, he knew she was being rational and leaving the final call on her would be a much wiser decision.

Jaclyn

Name: Katrina “Käti” von Roissy, aka Blanc Noir, with a once-disclosed secret identity
Date | Time: June 6th, after 8 pm
Wearing: This ensemble and mask and Secret Identity!
Location: Masquerade Ball, The Ballroom, the Bar going to the secret balcony
Tagging: Bartender, Open
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

… Käti follows The Phantom down the stairs to the ballroom … stops at the bottom to enter his room ‘Quos # 5’ into her phone …

… then makes her way to the ballroom to look around … that man! … he’s off with that bimbo in blue with the built-in swim floats … ah well … she heads for the bar … smiles to the bartender …

  “Your best Champagne, sirrah! The bottle’s on me if no one else partakes. Maybe I’ll take it back to my room.“

… she turns to see who else might be an interesting companion …

RedPhoenix

Becky's smile deepened. "Tempting." She admitted. "But it's been a long day and that luxurious suite I've got is calling my name." She stretched out and slowly stepped out of his arms.

She finished off her coffee and left a very large tip.

"To be continued?" She asked him with a jaunty smile as she gave him a wave and turned to leave the bar.

LocusVonErich

Tagging: Becky, Open

"Definitely. Good night, Miss Becky." He felt wistful for a moment there. After all, it was sad to see her go...but watching her leave definitely perked up Joseph's spirits a bit.

The question now...does he go to his suite...or does he keep the night alive? The event hall was already dying down, the janitorial crew already cleaning up.

Jaclyn

Name: Katrina “Käti” von Roissy, aka Blanc Noir, with a once-disclosed secret identity
Date | Time: June 6th, after 8 pm
Wearing: This ensemble and mask and Secret Identity!
Location: Masquerade Ball, The Ballroom, the Bar going to the secret balcony
Tagging: Bartender, Open
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

… with no apparent takers, Käti drains her flute and refills it from the bottle … she takes the flute and bottle to the door where sh manages to take off her mask and toss it in the trash can … out in the hall, she heads for her suite …

Flower

Gannameade

Name: Chris (Deandre) Nelson
Date | Time: June 6th || 6:30pm
Wearing:  Shown
Tagging: Lalita, mentioned: Alexandrena, Becky, Open

Chris was so used to getting up earlier, even with his even filled night he didn't sleep too long.  He was going to have to get something to eat for them and survey the area.  He didn't mean to be completely antisocial and realized he had a stargazing appointment with Becky at some point, now he wasn't too sure about keeping that.  But he would see.  He moved as he walked away from the bed having left a note for Ren that he would be back.  He didn't need to work out so much as making sure he got himself something to eat for lack of a better word.

He was strolling through the hallway not looking to get into trouble but fully aware given his more focused nature that it would find him.  This place was all wonderful to relax in and he felt far more comfortable now with the way things were going he was going to see what else their accommodations had to offer.

Flower

Out of Character - Where you chat with co-writers about life or Caravanseri
Announcements and IC Questions -Where announcements will be posted and where you can ask questions regarding the game
Character Sheets - Where you can look at other people's character sheets or post your own
Main Thread - Where our story takes place. Only in-character posts here please.
Communications - Where your character can make phone calls and send little notes to other guests of the hotel.
Speed Dating - Where Cara's speed dating event is taking place
Pool Party - Where Cara's 60s themed pool party is taking place
Event Thread - Where special events will take place. Only in-character posts here please.
After Dark - Where more explicit scenes happen. Keep in mind, only approved members can access this thread. Only in-character posts here please.

Flower

Speed Dating/Meet Event

Looking for love or friendship in all the wrong places?
Never fear.
We're here to steer you in the right direction.

Where: Mirage Restaurant and Bar
When: June 9, 2020 | 7 PM - 8 PM
Hors d'oeuvres and Drinks will be served.
Please contact Front Desk to register if interested.

HOW IT WORKS

• There will be flyers placed around the hotel in popular places and slid underneath guests' doors to make them aware of the upcoming event.
  • To sign up, your character can either call or drop by the front desk to register for the event. This scene is not mandatory, meaning it can just happen in the background. However, if you'd like to write out your character going through the process of registering, just let us know here.
  • What is mandatory is to let us know via OOC whether or not your character will be participating.
  • Each round is only about 10 minutes. Try and keep that in mind when your character is getting to know a new person each round.
  • If your character enjoys one person, feel free to have them make arrangements to find one another at a later time or even after the event. You might even want to consider if you're compatible for a solo outside of Caravanserai.

ORDER OF AFFAIRS

• Arrive to Mirage Restaurant.
  • Sign in at table and pick up sticker.
  • Feel free to get a drink from the bar and/or snacks from Hors d'oeuvres station.
  • Take a seat at your assigned table. Those who will remain seated will be is assigned a table. Employees will let sitters know which table is theirs for the night. Those who move around throughout the night will be directed to their first table of the evening.
  • Please keep in mind that each round is only about 10 minutes. Mentors will not interrupt your scene. It is up to you, as writers, to determine when time is up. In-character, a buzzer will go off to let characters know that a specific round has ended.
  • If your character enjoys one person, feel free to have them make arrangements to find one another at a later time or even after the event. You might even want to consider if you're compatible for a solo outside of Caravanserai.

TONIGHT'S SCHEDULE

Becky, Breezy, Jen, Melissa, Merit, Rafaela, Juliet, and DG are sitters.

Apollo, Benjamin, Landon, Sebastian, Shawn, Autumn, and Rachel are walkers.

7:00 - 7:10      7:10 - 7:20      7:20 - 7:30      7:30 - 7:40      7:40 - 7:50      7:50 - 8:00      8:00 - 8:10      8:10 - 8:20
Round 1      Round 2      Round 3      Round 4      Round 5      Round 6      Round 7      Round 8
Becky   Apollo   Becky   Autumn   Becky   Zahra   Becky   Shawn   Becky   Sebastian   Becky   Rachel   Becky   Landon   Becky   Benjamin
Breezy   Benjamin   Breezy   Apollo   Breezy   Autumn   Breezy   Zahra   Breezy   Shawn   Breezy   Sebastian   Breezy   Rachel   Breezy   Landon
Jen   Landon   Jen   Benjamin   Jen   Apollo   Jen   Autumn   Jen   Zahra   Jen   Shawn   Jen   Sebastian   Jen   Rachel
Melissa   Rachel   Reese   Landon   Reese   Benjamin   Reese   Apollo   Reese   Autumn   Reese   Zahra   Reese   Shawn   Reese   Sebastian
Merit   Sebastian   Merit   Rachel   Merit   Landon   Merit   Benjamin   Merit   Apollo   Merit   Autumn   Merit   Zahra   Merit   Shawn
Rafaela   Shawn   Rafaela   Sebastian   Rafaela   Rachel   Rafaela   Landon   Rafaela   Benjamin   Rafaela   Apollo   Rafaela   Autumn   Rafaela   Zahra
Shailene   Zahra   Shailene   Shawn   Shailene   Sebastian   Shailene   Rachel   Shailene   Landon   Shailene   Benjamin   Shailene   Apollo   Shailene   Autumn
Juliet   Autumn   Juliet   Zahra   Juliet   Shawn   Juliet   Sebastian   Juliet   Rachel   Juliet   Landon   Juliet   Benjamin   Juliet   Apollo

TAG HEADERS

Tag Headers are crucial for this event. Please make sure to keep yours updated to avoid confusing your fellow co-writers. Please remember that there is no rush for this event! If you would prefer to have your character proceed through the evening in a linear fashion, just write one scene at a time. If you are capable of writing more than one scene at different but close time frames, feel free to tackle more than one scene at once.

Name: Reese Leavenworth
Date | Time | Round: June 7th |  7 - 7: 10 pm | Round 1
Wearing: This (falls to knee length)
Tagging:  A wonderful person

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, error laoreet eos eu, mei natum adversarium te. Vix duis harum definitiones eu, ne eligendi facilisis dissentias nec, ad vim detraxit sensibus. Impedit oportere ex duo, homero facilis sit id, sed veritus facilis scripserit ne. Ea luptatum definitionem sed. Aliquid imperdiet usu ex, et everti noluisse usu. Nec doming animal facilisi ne.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, error laoreet eos eu, mei natum adversarium te. Vix duis harum definitiones eu, ne eligendi facilisis dissentias nec, ad vim detraxit sensibus. Impedit oportere ex duo, homero facilis sit id, sed veritus facilis scripserit ne. Ea luptatum definitionem sed. Aliquid imperdiet usu ex, et everti noluisse usu.
Nec doming animal facilisi ne.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, error laoreet eos eu, mei natum adversarium te. Vix duis harum definitiones eu, ne eligendi facilisis dissentias nec, ad vim detraxit sensibus. Impedit oportere ex duo, homero facilis sit id, sed veritus facilis scripserit ne. Ea luptatum definitionem sed. Aliquid imperdiet usu ex, et everti noluisse usu. Nec doming animal facilisi ne. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, error laoreet eos eu, mei natum adversarium te. Vix duis harum definitiones eu, ne eligendi facilisis dissentias nec, ad vim detraxit sensibus. Impedit oportere ex duo, homero facilis sit id, sed veritus facilis scripserit ne. Ea luptatum definitionem sed. Aliquid imperdiet usu ex, et everti noluisse usu. Nec doming animal facilisi ne. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, error laoreet eos eu, mei natum adversarium te. Vix duis harum definitiones eu, ne eligendi facilisis dissentias nec, ad vim detraxit sensibus. Impedit oportere ex duo, homero facilis sit id, sed veritus facilis scripserit ne. Ea luptatum definitionem sed. Aliquid imperdiet usu ex, et everti noluisse usu. Nec doming animal facilisi ne.

[float=left][img height=200 padding=10]linkurl[/img] [/float]
[table]
[tr]
[td][img height=100 padding=5]nametagurl[/img][/td]
[td]   [/td]
[td][b]Name:[/b] Name
[b]Date | Time | Round:[/b] June 7th |  Time | Round #
[b]Wearing:[/b] Description or Link
[b]Location:[/b] Mirage Restaurant
[b]Tagging:[/b]  Name of the person you're speed-datin[/td]
[/tr]
[/table][hr]

Flower

Name: Reese Leavenworth
Date | Time: June 9th | Evening
Wearing: This (falls to knee length)
Tagging:  Speed Date Participants

Despite what some might consider to being an extroverted individual, Reese still was not super comfortable with the spotlight. She was worried about saying something stupid or worse offensive to whomever was unfortunate enough to being in her audience. However, for some unknown reason, her bosses thought she was the best fit to host Caravanserai’s next event.

They adored you at the masquerade, Ruby had said with a pat on her shoulder. You’ll do great, dear. You’re made for this...and do remember to look the part. Swan, not duck.

It had been delightful news, in a way, but also terrifying. How often would the Triad want her to assume such a role?

Unable to say no, Reese took a vital trip to Bits and Bobs in the hopes that Ezekiel would be able to work his fairy fingers and make her presentable for the upcoming evening. She had not really brought much in the way of glizzy glamzy since she had expected to spend her days in the yoga studio and her nights, well, doing something other than channeling her inner Cupid. At least it would be an unique skill to include on her resume.

Anxiousness aside, Reese was over the moon at the prospect. The opportunity meant her bosses did not think she was a failure; otherwise, they would not entrust her with such a visible position. Random thought but what if she was the reason behind someone’s future marriage or even baby? How wild was that? Despite her failed marriage, she had not given up on the belief that there was someone out there in the world for everyone. Now...maybe that was taking too much credit since she, herself, had not come up with the event. It was just her job to be charming, ensure no one had a panic attack, and herd people like a collie with sheep if necessary.

About three hours prior to the event’s start time, she headed back to her room and proceeded to wash the troubles of the day from her face and body. Reese did not fuss too much with her hair but she did take the time to apply some light make-up. After pinning her name tag onto her dress, she headed down to Mirage, heels in hand, and helped out with last minute preparations. Only when it was nearly time for the first guests to arrive did she switch into a sensible but pretty pair of heels.

It was a flurry of controlled chaos as initial guests arrived at Mirage Restaurant. Reese and a few other employees handled the rush, signing in participants and ensuring each individual placed a sticker somewhere visible on their clothes. Next, they were shown over to their seat. It was up to them if they grabbed some hors d'oeuvres and/or drink prior to the start of the event.

“Alright, ladies and gents,” Reese projected her voice throughout the small area rather than make use of the available microphone. “I do believe everyone’s here.” She glanced back to her co-worker to ensure that was the case for a final time. “So we can get started! As you all know, this is our first attempt at a speed dating event. We do hope this is an enjoyable experience for you. That said, this is how all of this is going to work tonight. If you’re seated in the black seats, you’ll be sitting pretty for the entire night. However, if you’re in a blue seat, you’ll be playing musical chairs tonight. By that, I mean, after each round, you’ll move to the seat on your right. You’ll know a round has ended once you hear this song. If you are at table 6, you would move to table 1 for your next round and so forth.” At that, she pressed play and allowed the ‘Move it’ song to fill the space. “Hopefully all of that’s clear. With that, let’s get started!”

Flower

RedPhoenix

Date | Time | Round: June 9th | Round #1
Wearing: Casual Flirty Sundress with a Tropical Floral Pattern
Tagging: Open!

I should have stopped by the bar, Becky thought for the umpteenth time as she once again checked her makeup in her compact and glanced about nervously. She could feel a swarm of mutant, superpowered butterflies trying to break out of her stomach and it was only getting worse as time went on. Oh why had she signed up for this? Her insecurities, always prone to running rampant before an event, were out of control at the moment and she had to fan herself as the announcements took place. Get it together, get it together, she forced herself to try to listen. Come up with something fun. Like, hi I'm Becky? No that's not fun that's just your name you doofus! Argh! Maybe if I slink away now they won't notice the first table's empty and the announcement ended. Welp, no avoiding it now!

She scooted over to the first table and perched on the edge of her seat, folding her hands in front of her and crossing her legs as she did. She wore a bright, tropical floral patterned sundress that showed excellent taste by making only a token effort to actually cover her, a plunging neckline and a mostly backless style leaving quite a lot skin on display as the short skirt of it settled with a casual revealing air around her thighs. The heels she wore with it were fun, flirty, and shaking as she hoped someone actually came and talked to her. Her makeup was light and appropriate for a casual fun time, and her jewelry was likewise understated, only her dangly earrings and a few rings...and bracelets...and anklets...and of course the belly piercing that the dress covered, but otherwise she was unadorned.

She glanced about again, hoping that either some kindly traveling bartender would give her a giant glass of something very strong or someone would sit down opposite her soon!

Peripherie

Name: Brielle "Breezy" Garin
Date | Time | Round: June 9th | Round #1
Wearing:  rose-dotted blue shirt dress, as pictured, goes to mid-thigh
Tagging: mentioning Becky, Benjamin (has not yet sit down)

As she walked into the speed dating event, Breezy had that same bubbly feeling from the first moments masquerade. That had gone so well, had been so fun. She was hoping that she wouldn't jinx this evening by expecting too much. It was just drinks and talking, wasn't it? Still... she couldn't remember a time back home when she had ever been so bold or carefree as to do something like this. It's what I need, that's why I came here! Well, no, she had originally planned on coming to Caravanserai for her now-not-happening honeymoon. But those were memories left for another time. She was going to have fun tonight if it killed her!

She checked in and picked up her name tag. The mystical animal she had picked suited her unruly mane of red hair perfectly. She did her best to affix the tag to her dress in a way that didn't pull the eye to her cleavage but with how her low-cut shirt dress fit, it was unavoidable. But the bust area was the only place her dress clung, the soft jersey fabric flowed over her hips and settled just about mid-thigh. It was comfy and she had matched it with some blue ballerina flats. Far cry from her fancy get-up at the masquerade but she wanted something comfy if she was going to be sitting for a while. Not trying to draw too much attention to herself she had only added a few swipes of mascara and lip gloss to her face. Her freckles always gave it away if she tried to add too much makeup.

After Breezy thanked the staff member at the sign-in table, she headed to set her clutch down on table 2. Being there so early she was eager for some liquid courage and a plate of something to keep her fingers and the butterflies in her stomach occupied. So to the Hors d'oeuvres table it was. There were all sorts of finger foods and things to dip or spear. Trying to not get in her own way, she carefully picked things that wouldn't drip or get stuck in her teeth. After she filled her plate, she noticed a pretty lady in a sundress head in as well. Becky! It was good to see a familiar face and somehow Breezy felt a bit better.

She also had an idea. There was a table with thin flutes already filled with some champagne or another kind of delicate bubbly. Taking her plate in one hand and hooking two tall glasses with the other, she headed back to the tables. Becky was right next to hers! She set her things down before sliding the second flute over to the table of her stargazing buddy. She opened her mouth to say something but then the announcements began. Breezy quickly took her seat and just winked at Becky as those butterflies resurfaced. She raised her glass towards her neighbor in a silent toast and took a sip. "Good luck!", she whispered.
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore