Welcome to the Dollhouse [MUL seeking many]

Started by Jade, August 19, 2009, 03:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade

Dollhouse-inspired RP
I would prefer to do this with at least a couple of people that have seen the show—it's a rather intricate world.

Somewhat like a brothel but it's much more than just that.
This RP can involve a while range of things including but not limited to: NC-H, VAN, BON, threesome, non-sexual gore/violence, etc.

What the Dollhouse is…
It is a group that likes to say they will provide their clients with what they need. There services will provide you with any kind of person you request, for the right price. That includes companion, lover, assassin, negotiator, lost wife or husband, and so on. They only serve the rich and powerful, their existence spread by word of mouth.

But how…?
The Dollhouse takes in people who’ve made terrible mistakes and give them a chance to erase if from their slate. Each person signs a contract to hand over his or her body and mind to be used for X amount of years and are released later having no recollection of the time spent at the Dollhouse. Under their care, these people are wiped clean of their memories and reverted back to a child-like phase-- blissfully ignorant, spending their time leisurely until a client requests for them.

These people are called “actives”, and each active has a handler.  Their job is to make sure nothing goes wrong on the field during an engagement. All actives are programmed to completely trust their handlers without a shred of doubt and will always somehow know them even if their personality doesn’t.

And the plot grows thicker…
The actives start to remember bits and pieces of their many personalities. They regain their ability to learn, to question, and start to put two and two together. There are some characters that completely lose it and go on murdering rampages; others want to bring the Dollhouse down. This story can take many directions with the actives rebelling and the organization trying to keep everything under control. Incidents may occur involving handlers forcing themselves on their actives or clients that cross the line during an engagement.

So finally…
I’m looking for multiple clients (one can play multiple clients), at least 3 actives, matching number of handlers, and those that would like to run the House (3-5).

My plot involves a threesome between the actives. Perhaps their first meeting was as a tactical team sent into some kind of battle and their trust began there. Even in their child-like state, they feel comfortable with each other and stick close as a survival instinct, slowly going further to explore their sexual urges. Or perhaps two of them find each other first and then allows the third in. This would also be the group that starts to rebel against the Dollhouse and tries to find a way to set everyone free. If interested please state so. M/M/F preferred but F/F/M works too.

Those that run the House would include the boss, the head of security, the resident scientist that gives each active his or her "treatment", and possibly a doctor.

Jade

Actives are given rather unique names when they enter the Dollhouse (i.e. Echo, November, Sierra, etc). Their identity would be returned to them after their contract is up.

Active 1: Violet (aka Jasmine Law)
Active 2: OPEN
Active 3: OPEN

Quote from: Actives FormReal Name:
Alias:
Personality: [[the original personality, since actives don't really have one]]
History: [[those that are recruit by the Dollhouse are not only criminals but people looking for escape. Perhaps they've lost a loved one or experienced something traumatic and would like to erase it from their past. The Dollhouse will give them a clean slate in exchange for their services.]]

~~~

Those that wish to be handlers should talk to the actives they'd like to partner up with.

Handler 1: OPEN
Handler 2: OPEN
Handler 3: OPEN

Quote from: Handlers FormName:
Active:
Description:
Personality:
History: [[Many of the handlers recruited have experience in fighting (i.e. cop, bodyguard, etc). There should be also be a reason the Dollhouse looked to hire them.]]

~~~

The positions at the Dollhouse include:
Boss: He/she only runs this specific branch of Dollhouse. There is someone higher up that controls all of it, but we won't be needing his presence as of yet.
Head of Security: By security, it's more like the physical aspects. This person takes care of outside threats to the Dollhouse.
Scientist/Hacker: This person would put together personalities, give the actives their "treatments", and really just control the computer aspect. He also created the security system. (*Preferably played by someone that actually watches the show.)
Doctor: Looks after all the actives as some may return injured from their engagement.

Boss: OPEN
Head of Security: OPEN
Scientist/Hacker: Mario Figueroa
Doctor: OPEN

Quote from: Dollhouse FormName:
Description:
Personality:
History:

~~~

Clients can come in and out of the story. If you wish to be a client as well as someone else in the story that is also acceptable.

Client 1: OPEN
Client 2: OPEN
Client 3: OPEN

Quote from: Clients FormName:
Active: [[who do you request for the engagement?]]
Engagement: [[details on the job]]
Description:
Personality:
History: [[doesn't need to be in-depth, just a bit of background would be nice. Like why he/she came to the Dollhouse]]

WhiteyChan

Well, this definitely sounds... intriguing. I think I'd like to be one of the actives?

Jade

Sarcyn

YES! YES! FOREVER YES!

(I've not even read the post yet - but this is how enthusiastic I am for a Dollhouse game! I've been meaning to put one together but hadn't got round to it...)

I'll calm myself slightly and actually read through the idea lol.

Sarcyn

Ok, I've read through and am loving the direction you're looking to take this! As I mentioned in my introduction post when I first joined, I'm a huge Joss Whedon fanboy and I love Dollhouse! I've seen all 14 episodes (the 12 that aired plus the original pilot and Epitaph One).

I'd be well up for playing both Topher (the scientist/hacker - and obv I'd make him an original char) and also a Client if that's ok...

I'll get started on the forms.

Jade

Ah!!!!!! I know so few Dollhouse fans its ridiculous. And even less that have seen the unaired pilot. AUGH. You've just made my day haha.

Awesome, that'd be perfectly fine.

edit:// wait the one I saw was with Felicia Day. What's the other one and is there a link. LOL

Callie Del Noire

Dollhouse is pretty cool in my opinion.. been too busy to get all the episodes .. got to work on it some

Jade

Well you don't need to have seen all of them to join the RP. Just knowledge on it would be good enough~

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: jadenscam on August 19, 2009, 07:05:18 PM
Well you don't need to have seen all of them to join the RP. Just knowledge on it would be good enough~

Definitely want to play an Active

Jade

Then you should fill out a character form :D

Here's mine. I wrote more than I'd expected lol.

Alias: Violet
Description: Jasmine is of Chinese and Philippine descent, with a golden complexion and silky black hair that almost reaches the small of her back in loose waves. She stands at 5’6” with an hour-glass figure. Her eyes are a rich, dark brown.

Personality: She is an independent girl with high ambitions. She is stubborn and likes things to go her way but knows when she’s beat. She is street smart because her survival depended on it. Quick thinking and ready to use her feminine wiles to get what she wants, Jasmine caused a lot of trouble before falling into the hands of the Dollhouse.

History: She’s a tough chick and knows what she wants from life. It’s just the matter of getting it that’s got her confused. Growing up in a tough neighborhood with a bottom of the barrel parents, Jasmine found herself mixed up with all the wrong kinds of people that promised all the right things. Her Chinese father had been a high ranking member of a powerful gang. Her Filipino mother was one of the “gifts” a smaller gang offered as a peace offering before the wars broke out all over again. Jasmine was three when her mother was caught in the open warfare between the two racially different gangs.

At the age of 19, she was knee-deep in the affairs of a famous Filipino street gang. With her appearance, they had found that she was especially good at infiltrating the Chinese. She did her best to please, slowly gaining more respect. Jasmine had dreams of climbing up through the ranks so that she could lead a gang of her own and take revenge on the people that had brought her into this cursed world.

At the age of 21, she was drowning. She had bitten off more than she could chew by volunteering for a high-risk job that dropped her into the hands of the authorities. This is when the Dollhouse finds her and after being told she would be given a clean start, Jasmine jumps at the offer.

YoungOne

I'm new to the site so I don't really know how to do the thread and posting stuff, but if your ever up to doing a RP on YIM let me know, I would prolly play Echo cuz Eliza Dusku LOVE, or a new character. But i love DOllhouse and i cant wait til SEpt 25th @ 9pm for season 2. Tho i hate that its on Fridays. Well if your interested let me know.
One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.

There's plenty of sense in nonsense sometimes, if you wish to look for it.

"Love is not something to be wasted."

(Ons/Offs)  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=45133.0

Jade

Anyone else? Gotta be more than four Dollhouse lovers out there.