A freeform story game of intrigue, war, and romance. :D

Started by GrinningHound, August 09, 2009, 02:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningHound

Sure.  :D

I will set up a thread soon to play in.  :D

GrinningHound

I'm trying to think of a fun way to start.  Also having some creative difficulties.

GrinningHound

I'm having a ton of trouble thinking of how to run this game fairly, but with a competitive element.

The problem with freeform is that no one ever loses unless they want to.  That's why we need some sort of system to resolve conflicts.

I need ideas!  Something simple that will work smoothly.

Pumpkin Seeds

ZK

Could have it based on the actions and consequences type bit, a single die roll is a bit too random without any form of modifiers and will change it from a freeform manner. Instead of making it competitive, make it competitive optional, giving the benefit to those who ally with each other than stand alone to keep the chaos and so many lone wolves from happening... as well to keep it from just plain out combat free-for-all.

Also to keep it from going complete cluster-fubar, have two sides of a conflict (various nations allaying with each other) and a neutral party (I.E. neutral countries and those that send out mercenaries to either side).
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

GrinningHound

Guys I'm having trouble puzzling this out.

I don't want to start a game if it's not going to run smoothly, I wanna have our guidelines in place and agreed upon before we continue.

There needs to be some sort of fair way to arbitrate players with opposing actions.  Like, if you send an army at a castle, who wins?  If you attack another player, who wins?  What happens to their nation?

How can we determine this.

LadySky

I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

GrinningHound

Well, yes, but what dice do we roll?  What bonuses will be assigned?  How do we handle who gets to do what, when?

Aiden

It has been a while since I played a rogue/assassin.

Cid
Kingdom Affiliation- Highest Bidder
Age- Late 20's early 30's
Born- Unknown
Bio- (unknown by most)
Born of wealthy family and birth, Cid despised his family for arranging his marriage for political gain. The kingdom he was supposed to rule stands strong to this day, but not under his leadership and never will. His first love, a young maid in his family's court caught his attention at a young age. She never denied him anything as he was of noble blood but was never able to get what he wished the most, her heart. Sinking into his own desperation to win her over, he lurked outside her residence, moved in shadows and watched her until she broke his heart by following another man into the bed chambers, his father.

In a fit of rage he killed them both and fled the kingdom, leaving control to his mother and young sister. He traveled kingdom to kingdom, wallowing in guilt and pain over the loss of his first love. Visiting the shadiest of taverns and their patrons. Eventually he lost himself in the world, learning the trade from an assassin of a unknown (get it it's the point of a rogue guild) assassin guild called "The Black Roses".

ZK

Still, regardless of such, we shouldn't have it as a giant free-for-all, we should have factions, traditionally there are two or three.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

GrinningHound

Sorry.  I'm pretty pathetic.  This is going nowhere.