A freeform story game of intrigue, war, and romance. :D

Started by GrinningHound, August 09, 2009, 02:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningHound

Hmmm....very good!

Combi, how do you expect your character to get involved with all the political and war stuff?

I have an idea.  :D

Combicon

LadySky

So should I continue with her profile? Is she acceptable?
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

GrinningHound

Yes is sounds good so far LadySky.  You don't actually need more info than that, if you wanna develop your character over the course of RPing her that is fine!

Don't choose who she's being married to yet, I need more characters.

We need some menfolk, too!  Countries don't have to be named after actual European countries, either.

What's that anime where all the characters are named after countries, and it's like WW2 themed.  This feels like that.  :P

ZK

There are many animes and such of that.

But the best game turned anime in that central theme is Valkyria Chronicles.

That a great game and even a good anime from what I heard. It's a fantasy WW2 type setting with a strong human element. Something that is incredibly rare.

I suppose I'll play as a male character as there is so many females. o.o
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

zestalicious

I'll play a male then.

Name: Rubidium, "Rb (pronounced: Arbi)"

Race: Ex-human, Homunculus.

Sex: Male

History: Rb has long forgotten his true name. He used to be a young prince in the now non-existent nation of Glen. Glen was a small nation, but its land held a wealth of resources, and it sold such resources to the surrounding nations. Glen had no army, and its only protection came from the alliances it held with the countries around it, it was protection for cheap resources. However, one day all the surrounding nations collaborated in invading Glen. They killed the defenseless Glen royal family, and then fought among themselves, until they reached an agreement on how to split the land.
Rb had run from the burning castle as soldiers chased after him. He had already been impaled in the stomach, but managed to lose the soldiers in the dark of night, and in the familiarity of the forest. However, he eventually bled to death, though nobody ever found his body.
His body had been taken by an alchemist of Glen a week after he died. The alchemist chemically regenerated and revived his decayed body, and strengthened it. He then somehow made the newly revived body a personification of the element, Rubidium.
The new persona was not the persona of the prince, but the persona of Rubidium, with the prince's memories, and morals. Rb killed the alchemist once he awoke, and swore to re-establish the great nation of Glen by reclaiming the land from the invader nations. He has taken the first step towards this goal by establishing a large military group, consisting of rogues unaffiliated to any country, Myrn.

Abilities: Unaging (stopped aging at the age of 24. Since that was the age he died at). Slight magic resistance and strength boost due to alchemist's tampering with his body. Rb's soul is not the Prince's, but rather a personified element, as such, the Prince's body is not a suitable container for his soul, and his soul is not bound to the body. This allows Rb to transmigrate to another body, even if the Prince's body is completely destroyed.

Appearance: A short, young, fair-skinned man with boyish features and body structure, standing at 5'1", with shoulder length, white hair and deep violet eyes. His skin gives off a slight reddish-violet glow, giving him a divine look. Always wears a deep red velvet and gold Prince's coronet.

note:
Rb's mental state is unstable, just like the element that he personifies. He rarely goes berserk, but is fully capable of doing so without warning.
The.

GrinningHound

Zest, he cannot be involved in any adult content.

In fact, just to avoid any issues, he should be at least 18.

Otherwise looks good.  :)

zestalicious

I kind of thought about that. He IS actually a 103 though.
Ah. But it is BOTH physically and mentally right? Gah.
Hurmm.

I changed it... though I want him to be proportionally short >.<
I suppose I'll have a 4'6" 16 year old bodied boy (if i'm not wrong, the rules say 16)

and the manga/anime where the characters are personified countries in WWII is
Hetalia: Axis Powers
The.

ZK

So, we have a bunch of females and one crazy sociopath. o.o

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

GrinningHound

Well, I'm gonna be a MAN!

Actually Zest...if he were 18 i'd feel better.  16 just makes me nervous, is all.

zestalicious

. its just physical age. D: he's 103.
never mind. I'll make him die at 24. hurm. Then I'll jsut cut Dermon out of the picture since Rb no longer looks like a boy.
haan~
The.

Combicon

I can pull out if you guys want a better male:female ratio?

Chaos

I'll add a male PC then, if there's space for another:

Name: Dominic von Kaltengrad, Count Kaltengrad, Prince of Zarova

Race: Human (?)

History: The Kaltengrad family are, theoretically, the rulers of Zarova. For the last few centuries, though, their star has waned along with that of their nation. Spent in dissipation and an increasing interest in the occult, the country's nobility have faded into feuding households, and the Prince of the nation, once ruler and leader, was reduced to first amongst squabbling families.

Dominic plans to change that. His father's experiments have bound demonic energies into him, and he has cowed most of the other noble houses of his homeland, bringing them back into line. The country is backward, the peasants terrified of their lords, the lords bickering constantly - but Dominic will see this end. Zarovia WILL take it's place again as a great power, and he will lead it there, no matter what dark deals he must make to do so.

His father has recently passed away, in tragic and mysterious circumstances, and now Dominic has full use of his family's powers. He knows he must act to succeed, must establish himself as a significant player in the game of thrones.

Abilities: He is stronger and faster than most humans, because of the blood of demons in his veins. He can command powerful dark magics, but is not a sorcerer as such - rather, he has many family bargains to call on, and must pay for each use of his powers with a sacrifice or ritual.

Appearance: Tall, slender, and pale, Dominic dresses in fine black clothes. The ruby ring he wears is his family symbol of power, and contains potent demonic energy. The golden circlet he wears on his head marks him as Prince of Zarova.

Vampricprincessty

I would like to be a female heir who is in love with a vampire but is going to be married off for family to gain more power.

GrinningHound

No Combi!

I am honestly not concerned with the gender ratio.  This is not so much of an erotic RP as it is a story about this land in turmoil.

Vampric, we already have a princess who is going to be married.

My life is kinda stressful right now.  I will have to think of a way to run this game.  I don't really want to do all the characters in individual threads, that would be boring.

I'm thinking it will start off with some sort of conference, attended by powerful people from every country.

ZK

I've been busy with real life, but my character is coming up soon. He'll be a mercenary, so he won't have to be at the meeting; meaning he can come in later. :D

Vampricprincessty

Here is my idea for my character....

Name: Diamanta de la Oriel

Race: Vampire

History: Diamanta is a pure blood vampire and queen of Tristein. The former King and Queen were sucked dry by her clan. The kingdom fell into dispear as many villagers started to come up missing everyday. Even with this happening the villagers stayed. Diamanta order her clan to turn all villagers to increase their attack power. She plans on taking over and many kingdoms as she can. 

Abilities: Since Diamanta is a pureblood she can walk in the sun as she chooses long as she has had enough blood the previous night. Her pureblood has also gave her speical powers. They are Telekinesis, healing, wind control. She will only heal herself because she sees no use in healing others.

Appearance: Diamanta is fair skin and slender. Her hair is black with red tips that goes down to her lower back. She wears brown contacts to hide her red eyes. A neckleace with the crest of her clan on it. She will kill anyone who dare tries to steal it. She wears long black dresses made of the best silk.

zestalicious

Conference? Rb wouldn't be able to go to that, since he's just a rogue living in England...
Oh well, he could be there to assassinate a few people.
The.

GrinningHound

Does anyone have ideas for how we should solve IC conflicts?

I'm thinking a roll of 1d6, and I will give bonuses or penalties based on the situation.

If a merchant lord rallies all his shady mob contacts and puts out a hit on a princess, then he will probably get a bonus to kill her.  If she has her royal guard with her, she will get a bonus to defend.  Whoever rolls higher wins (meaning they kill their target if they are attacking, or survive if they are defending).

Defenders win ties.  If a defender wins by a lot, they may be able to kill their attacker.

Something like that.  A character's powers and stuff are really just flavor text.  A great warrior can be killed by a princess if she has her royal guard take him out.  Likewise, a warrior can kill a king if he catches him alone.  It's all about the planning.

Also, take into account retribution.  People have allies and stuff, and the threat of an ally's retribution is a good way to keep your enemies from hurting you.  However, alliances are not solid, maybe they will decide to turn on their treaty once their ally falls.

It's a game of roleplaying and storytelling, not a competition, so, expect your character to die even if you don't want them to, expect allies to turn on you, stuff like that.  However, perhaps someone you think is an enemy turns out to be a friend!

Everyone is effectively a 'DM' of their own character and the characters that they influence.  We will be writing a story together.  If your character dies, you may write a new one, although the person who defeats you has the option of having your new character be in THEIR country, so that makes you allies.

However, like I said, alliances are not set in stone....you may get turned on down the road by someone you killed earlier!  :D

The exact system for determining all this is still in the works.  Does anyone have a suggestion?

GrinningHound

Zest, there are any amount of reasons he may be in attendance.  He isn't necessarily invited, but you can make up why he's there and what he's doing.

If he has a powerful military group under his command, maybe he WAS invited, because everyone may want to see what he's planning, or try to make an alliance with him.

He could be there in secret to kill someone, too.  It's all up to you.

zestalicious

Oh no, the military group is meant to be secretive. I'm thinking the only reason he would be there is either to gather information or kill.

oh and maybe establish secret alliances.
Though it would all be shady business.
The.

GrinningHound

NekoBoy89

I could join this thing....just have no idea what I would make...I have an idea for a weretiger. :)

Name: Jakobe (Jake)

Race: Weretiger

History: Jake was born as a weretiger and he have been it all his life, as both his mom and dad was of there kind. He was raised and trained by the parents to have control of his tiger nature and did so very well actually. He was a talented young boy at an eraly age, but lacked the ability to remove his tail so he always had to live with having a tiger tail. He have never actually had any interested in the war, he and his family have always stayed neutral in the fighting. But with the years he have gained a bigger interest to see the rest of the world and when he turned 17 the weretiger knew it was time to leave the home for a while and find adventure and glory. 

Abilities: As a weretiger Jake has enhanced senses, he have extremely fast reflexes and is a skilled martial artist, his strenght is greater then what people think when looking at him, but his greatest strenght is his speed and agility. He can also change into his weretiger form at will, and then powerful claws grows out on his hands and the body is covered in protective fur.

Appearance: looks like this: http://www.elfwood.com/~meli20/Adorable_Kreau.3030751.html

ZK

Seeing as we have a large influx of people, I'll go with my original plan and use one of my original races I used in my sci-fi setting which could easily be added to a fantasy setting. :D

Chat Noir

I'm quite interested in this one, is there still room?
If you've been missing me please see my thread here.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones...
...but whips and chains excite me."

Ons and Offs
My Roleplays:
Dirty Little Secret|Mystery Men - Unsung Superheroes