Looking for players for a Dungeons and Dragons type game!! (interest check)

Started by GreenHavok, July 30, 2009, 02:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenHavok

This is an interest check for a D&D type game that i am looking to run. For this game i will need 4 player characters, preferably two male and two female. This world is a little different than your normal campaign world, in the fact that magic is seen by most populations as evil incarnate, with most cities having a ban on magic, punishable by death. I'm not sure if i want this to be system based, or free form, so i'll just go with a group consensus. If you are interested please post and send me a PM of a character concept following this rough design.

Name:
Race:
Profession/Class:
Alignment:
Backstory:
Family:
Fears:

Just to start off this rough outline will suffice, but if we decide on a system based game, i'm very familiar with 3.5 and would prefer it in that system. So put your thinking caps on, let me know if you are willing to give me a shot at my first GM on this site, and get ready for a (hopefully) memorable time.

Players thus far
GabrielM
Haibane
Akiko
Butterflykiss

I will accept one more, if there are any other interests, please either post or contact me by PM with your concept.

GabrielM

GreenHavok

I am also very open to non human character types, and open to other ideas, just PM them to me.

Haibane

I do not play system games and unfortunately for me most fantasy based games tend towards systems. However if you decide to go with freeform I may be interested.

I'm thinking along the lines of a female druid, but a real-world one, a herbalist, healer and companion/advisor type, something like a medieval version of the local GP, not a person with any magical power.

Please may I have some idea of the plot in advance so that I can make a decision on whether its a game I would enjoy (I have some definite offs regarding fantasy games and fantastical creatures). Thanks.

GrinningHound

Lets do it freefoooooorm!

I like system games but one is enough for me at a time, online.

I want to play a game more writing oriented and with a faster pace.  Dice slow things down online.

Pweeeease?  :P

Do you have a more detailed world or can we make it up as we go along?

Darkforged Dove

Uhm....

If a single 13th level druid can destroy any single non-magic using kingdom, why are there magic-hating kingdoms left in this world?

Wouldn't they have been destroyed under the stone hooves of Stone Destrider* riding armies wearing full plate, tower sheilds using, lances, longbows and longswords that a wizard could easily create from nothing using just Iron Wall + Fabricate?

*[The Stone Destriders being created by Bound Efreeti, a level 8 wizard can bully an Efreeti into giving him Wishes, and an 11th level one can just have a room of Bound Efreeti at her disposal, giving them as many as three Stone Warhorses per bound Fiend]

Wouldn't nearly every single Cleric or Druid just level the weakling non-casting cities for not allowing their dieties to be worshipped, or for encroaching of these cities on the wilderness? I'm pretty sure that even Pelor and Heironious would want to spread the word of their majesty; and the Elves and Dwarves and Orcs would all worship their Racial gods that created them. Which, funny enough puts humans in a massive disadvantage, as they have no magic, while their competitor species have full-casters with deific backing.

It really doesn't take that long for a character to reach level 20 (about 85-86 days with 3 encounters per day, minimum, that's just under 3 months; if you take a year, you are almost guaranteed to hit 20). Then again, you really don't even need to be level 20 in order to shatter a city that doesn't use magic, when you're a full spell caster. I think that a level 13 Cleric or Druid could probably do irreperable harm to even a metropolis (100,000+ people) sized city. Spells like Airwalk, Control Weather, Lighting Storm and Firestorm are more than enough to reduce a city that is even 6 miles across into a flooded bog, or a territory that is so dry that a few Firestorms or even Flamestrikes would light the whole place up.

Remember, unless there is a spell caster with the incentive to defend a place; most cities will seriously be destroyed once a single high level spell caster is offended enough to have to deal with a city that they do not like.

Also, D&D has powerscaling that rivals every other game system, once you are powerful, nothing below a certain power level even comes close to threatening you. At level 1 you fight Orcs, and they can seriously kill a Barbarian with 18 or 20 Constitution in 6 seconds with their axes if they get a critical hit. At level 8 the Bard can fight 50 Orcs on his own. Other CR 8 challenges are still going to present a challenge to him though.

However, at level 16; everything level 8 is just as trivial for a level 16 creature, as the level 1 Orcs were to a level 8 character. That's the sort of powerscaling that occurs in this system.

Just some rather interesting considerations to take into account. The high magic setting of D&D is sort of a circle. The powerful monsters in the game usually need wizard, cleric, druid, optimized rogue, or sniper ranger levels of character effectiveness to defeat; the result is that pretty much anything that's a spell caster in the core books are the only real classes that players should play. One half is the fact that only magic can stand up to the monsters in D&D, and the other half is that Magic users are the only ones that have the magic to deal with said monster.*

The D&D mechanics and game usually assumes that players will also have a magical equipment just to be able to "not die instantly" against challenges above level 4 and 5.

How are you going to address those issues? I'm asking since in my own DMing experience the only real ways to solve this are to simply give the players a very high array of stats, and use less magical items; or use the elite array (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8); and then use the assumed treasure rewards that each fight should give in order for player characters to be equipped to play the game.

*:This is assuming the core system + every splatbook published. Myself, and many of my gaming friends, use a series of alternate classes, equipment rules, spell rules, combat re-writes and more accurate "fluff" descriptions based on what a race or class can actually do in-game.

Like how... Sahaugin are seriously the biggest threat on any planet that they live on, but are fortunately limited to just the oceans. They're smarter, stronger, tougher and more dangerous than every other aquatic race (and more than humans as well), and have probably driven their rivals to the fringes. While say... Sea Elves are actually stupider than humans; making Sahaugin view Sea Elves intellectually the same way that a Human would view a Griffon's level of thinking.

Sea Elves, on the other hand, live in their equivalent of a post-apocalyptic world where monsters that are smarter, stronger and tougher than themselves prey on them for entertainment. The only reason that Sea Elves survive is that Malenti (Sahaugin that look like Sea Elves, so they're intelligent and tough, but don't have Sahaugin natural weapons like claws) commonly are the leaders of Sea Elf communities.

This content also has major game fixes, like the problematic spells like Wish, Ploymorph, and the Calling/Summoning spells. As well as having a Fighter class that is straightforward, can hold it's own against a Balor at level 20, and is worth going all 20 levels in. Knight, Barbarian, Samurai, Bard, Assasin, and Monk were all rewritten to be classes that you would want to take all 10 (knight) or 20 (the other classes) levels in.
Pretendy fun time games is good, but I tend to want as much of the real, original and undiluted as possible. A paradox, I know.

Haibane

Maybe we could have a D&D world without any REAL game magic at all, but the pseudo magic that some wizards and clerics claim to have gets them burned at the stake in a combination of Salem Witch Trial and Jeanne d'Arc?

I'm all for a fresh take on the old D&D universe(s).

Katina Tarask

Dove: You're taking things way too seriously.

In other news, I'm not particularly interested without some real information on the game itself.  Like... anything at all other than a possible generic fantasy game that may or may not be 3.5.

GreenHavok

To give a little more detail, there is magic used by kingdoms, but it's sanctioned. Divine magic is seen as acceptable, but there isn't the devastating spells. I am looking at a light setting as far as adult goes. your characters probably won't be getting gang raped by goblins or anything, but some romance between the pcs or with some npcs is very possible. The campaign takes place on the continent of Alusia, with is roughly shaped like western europe, i'll try to sketch out a map on paint or something, for a visual aid. The story will begin in an outlying town of one of the main kingdoms, this town is lower in population, but very "craft" oriented. Lots of tradespeople live here and travel in caravans to the kingdom. Your characters could be either crafts people, caravan guards, gypsys, traveling performers, anything of that sort. As i said, if you send me a character idea, i'll let you know if it's too out there. The main conflict is going to revolve around a secret coven of mages that has been crafting magical creatures to take over the main kingdoms, and your characters will have to out think, and out live the enemy. I don't want to get too many details out there yet, but i hope it will be fun and exciting at the same time.

Darkforged Dove

Katina,

Yes I do be do be doo. :3

When people say a specific system, it's good to have internal consistency, that way everyone joining is on the same page. Hence my questions.

If I said that I am going to run a Warhammer 40,000 set game, where the players are soldiers and special agents in the Imperial army; then it's assumed that I'm going to use all of the collected material possible for said game. I wouldn't introduce things that don't fit in, since they break immersion in the setting. Likewise, the players can probably assume that 1) you can't play an alien, since the Imperium of man is pretty much against aliens; and that 2) almost everything you meet is a potential enemy, and that you will meet few allies aside from people already on your side.

Likewise if say, I was running a LoTR game. Being a "wizard" is actually not possible; unless you're one of the 3 known "supernatural beings" of the setting (Saruman the White, Gandalf the Grey, Radagast the Brown). Likewise, you probably can't own the One Ring, unless your name is Frodo Baggins, and you are going to roleplay your character as wanting to get rid of the awful thing. Since nearly anything else would ruin everyone's sense of belief in the game.

The actual D&D setting is a very specific setting, and often using it for "low magic" games ends in disaster when a party gets Total Party Killed (or TPK'd), by something that they didn't realize that they couldn't actually kill, before it kills them.

Green,

You should probably build some basic example characters for yourself, and have a test fight against the monsters you plan on having people fight.

Stuff in D&D isn't very low powered. A 10th level fighter with Power Attack can do appreciable damage to  solid stone or metal with a dagger, or kill an elephant with a spoon. Fighters are recognized as being one of the weaker classes in the core system.

So, you should try to make sure that your character classes will be able to fight the monsters your thinking about. Something like a "Frankenstein Monster" (aka Flesh Golem) can really lay a pounding in melee, and are also pretty tough.

An other system?

I think that you're looking for a different system; which is fine. Warhammer Fantasy RPG is probably good for what you want people to use. It actually -has- starting classes like "fishmonger" or "town crier", which can lead to more powerful classes based on what a character is exposed to in-game; and expects people to face a realistic and grim fantasy world along the lines of Tolkien's books. Of courss, nothing is without it's limitation. It's hard to be heroic in WHFRPG, just as is to be too downbeat in D&D.

What D&D is more about

D&D is more about saving, or (damning if you're evil) not just a town, or kingdom, but eventually your whole plane, as you begin to start having planar adventures, and deal with planar threats and dangers to your home plane.

Things like invasions from an other plane (elementals, undead, aliens, demons, devils, angels; there is really not much limit), armies of mechanical creatures marching across eveything in their path; or even seriously a game where the task of the players is to ensure the end of a/their world, so that a new one can be built.

It's a system meant to tell stories that are more akin to ancient mythology, than the European medieval ages. Beowulf and Volsung, not Pier's Anthony's Xanth and Tolkien's Middle Earth; more Chronicles of Amber, over Chronicles of Narnia; Cu Cullain, Rostram, and the original un-diluted Welsh Arthuian stories, instead of Harry Potter.

I actually do read all of that, and realize that while the Xanth books are hilarious, they can't possibly outlive something like Beowulf or the Epic of Gilgamesh (6000+ years, and still taught in schools and translated into different languages, now that is a real test of immortality; we'll probably forget Charles Dickens before we forget Gilgamesh, but that won't be for a long time still).
Pretendy fun time games is good, but I tend to want as much of the real, original and undiluted as possible. A paradox, I know.

Cold Heritage

D&D's about more than what you make it out to be, Dove. Your ideas aren't the only ideas, and telling this guy what he can't do isn't helping at all.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Darkforged Dove

You can modify the classes and monsters; creating new one of each. However the mechanics for combat, feats and mundane equipment do still affect powercreep as the character's level up. A 10th level Commoner can still thrash a 3rd level Wizard.

Also, these aren't really "my" ideas. I'm talking about what is already written. If new classes and monsters are written up, then the game setting actually changes.

If the enemies are giant bears, and the characters are hunters with longspears, javelins and primitive bows and slings; then you could very well run a level 1-5 game.

It's that around level 5 and 6 that the game's skills and such enter the realm of the supernatural. Stuff like climbing a sheer stone wall in minutes with just your hands and feet (level 5 is 8 skill ranks; a +2 str modifier is reasonable; and a DC 20 wall is seriously a solid brick wall. If you're a human with 30' of base walking movement, you move at 1/4 that, or 7.5 feet every 6 seconds.

I don't know about you, but I've never seen someone scale a house with their bare hands at a rate of more than 1 foot per second; in 12 seconds they can seriously reach the roof of a standard suburban house.

That's the power scaling coming into play. The basic skill system will have players able to do some pretty increasable and impressive things by normal Earth standards.

Your negativity is interesting though. D&D isn't about what you can't do, but what you can do. Usually it's pretty incredible what a character can accomplish, and what sort of adventures can be faced.

GreenHavok

Dove, this is why i said D&D like rp, not necessarily. Maybe i should have said a medieval fantasy rp, i'm not set on a system game or freeform yet, i was going to take a vote once we had players. I fully understand what d&d is about, i've been playing for near 10 years now, DMing for almost 7 of those years. I'm just trying to be a little more vague as to attract a larger populace into something that they may not have looked into before. If you prefer the number crunching of true d&d, then feel free, but i'm looking for a more free flowing, rp based game and not so many die rolls and tables and numbers.

OldSchoolGamer

You could always split the difference, and make it a low-magic world.

Magic is rare, and difficult to come by.  Sorcery is feared because, in the Age of Wonders, powerful sorcerers ruled the kingdoms of the world, and, in the course of warring, all-but-obliterated civilization...and much of the known world.  The Magic Wars drained almost all of the sorcery from the aether.

However, little bits remain, here and there, mainly in distant, hard to reach places.  For the world is a vast place, and even in the Age of Wonders, there were many seldom-traveled corners, filled with peoples and races that kept to themselves during the Age of Wonders, and went about life much as they had always known it when the Age blew itself apart.  There were summer frosts, and warm winters, and droughts...but after several such trying years, the sundered climate of the shattered world righted itself.  The powers and principalities of Man and Demi-Men come and go, but Earth abides...

Five centuries later, the world is still rebuilding.  Little is known of the Age of Wonders, with myths and legends about machines that flew through the sky, and shining buildings.  Ruins exist, but are still dangerous to traverse, and much of what is left is gone. 

But still, some parts remain...and the evil that spawned the War of Magic and held the arch-sorcerers as puppets on strings has not died...

Something like that.

GreenHavok

kylie

Quote from: Darkforged Dove on July 31, 2009, 02:25:28 PM
It really doesn't take that long for a character to reach level 20 (about 85-86 days with 3 encounters per day, minimum, that's just under 3 months; if you take a year, you are almost guaranteed to hit 20). Then again, you really don't even need to be level 20 in order to shatter a city that doesn't use magic, when you're a full spell caster.

So you're saying in order to 'make the best possible use' of this particular system, you can play every night for the entire summer... And then hurry on out to save the planes, which is the single, best possible use these hundreds of books and millions of player inspirations can ever be applied to. 

Or, just skip the hassle and make up a 20th level character in the first place.  (Why stop there?)  Here's one issue: How do you explain this divine right for your character to gain a "significant" level amidst a cosmos where cities and planets are pawns for these demigod characters?  Does every story start out as Moses in the basket or some underground bunker?  Something about all this starts to sound more like buying Warcraft points or something to me.  I'm not all against heroic stories, but it seems important once you claim to be going against unlikely trends inside the game world.

Anyway...  It's a game.  If you want to write the power level and point of the story, you could write a whole story or open your own game and look for people who want to make the system go just there.  I don't see the point of trying to convert all the other stories to a narrow interpretation of RPG utility.

Haibane

Quote from: GreenHavok on July 31, 2009, 08:46:04 PM
To give a little more detail, there is magic used by kingdoms, but it's sanctioned. Divine magic is seen as acceptable, but there isn't the devastating spells. I am looking at a light setting as far as adult goes. your characters probably won't be getting gang raped by goblins or anything, but some romance between the pcs or with some npcs is very possible. The campaign takes place on the continent of Alusia, with is roughly shaped like western europe, i'll try to sketch out a map on paint or something, for a visual aid. The story will begin in an outlying town of one of the main kingdoms, this town is lower in population, but very "craft" oriented. Lots of tradespeople live here and travel in caravans to the kingdom. Your characters could be either crafts people, caravan guards, gypsys, traveling performers, anything of that sort. As i said, if you send me a character idea, i'll let you know if it's too out there. The main conflict is going to revolve around a secret coven of mages that has been crafting magical creatures to take over the main kingdoms, and your characters will have to out think, and out live the enemy. I don't want to get too many details out there yet, but i hope it will be fun and exciting at the same time.
Works for me, that brief basis of the adventure's main direction is enough to allow me to say I'm definitely interested. I guess I could put up with some system like functions but I not enjoy rigid systems on forum RPs, they grind the pace of play to such a slow speed I get frustrated. Freeform would be much preferred by me.

Using a map 'like Europe' helps everyone get their bearings quickly we can get an idea of climate and topography fast and if you could load up a sketch map that would be lovely.

A generic freeform medieval fantasy game attracts me. D&D 3.5 does not.

I'll send you my druid character. She's more a local herbalist type, not a true druid. Let me know what you think.

And TnGuy - I agree a medieval fantasy game set in what is effectively a post-apocalyptic Dark Age works for me, the Age of Wonders being so distant now that the average peasant might not think of it at all any more and the average literate person may discuss it in the way we discuss the glory of ancient Rome, and archaeologists dig up ruins and find artefacts and such.

GreenHavok

Bayushi

Haibane

Quote from: GreenHavok on August 07, 2009, 03:12:22 PM
I guess not, kinda disheartening.
Have you thought of PMing the people in this thread who expressed an interest? I guess you've GM'd a fair bit before? I find you sometimes need to keep on top of things and poke people, etc.

GreenHavok

Well, we have 2 female interests and one male, leaving room for one more character. I'm currently drafting out the world and some major historical events. PM or post if you are interested.

Bayushi

Quote from: GreenHavok on August 08, 2009, 12:34:12 AMWell, we have 2 female interests and one male, leaving room for one more character. I'm currently drafting out the world and some major historical events. PM or post if you are interested.

What if one of the females is lesbian? :o

Like me?

GreenHavok

That is perfectly fine, the 2 of each was a rough idea, basically i only want 4-5 people. Sexual Orientation differences just add to group dynamics :D

Butterflykiss

Just to let everyone who's signed up so far know, I've been pm-ed to survey my interest, and I believe I'll be joining as well.

For my vote, I cast my ballot for freeform. It avoids all of the mess we've just seen. *points to posts above* I don't even read things like that. System arguments seem, to me, inevitable and really hold no interest for me whatsoever.

Haibane

As I said to GreenHavock, I'm in as long as it's freeform, I'm out of here if it's system. I also have no issues with lesbians either ;)

And hi, Butterfly and welcome!

GreenHavok

So the general consensus so far seems to be freeform, so i'm completely ok with that. I think it allows for easier play, and also more unique situations.

Bayushi

I enjoy my system games.

But considering I just got into two system games, I figure it's best that I go easy on getting into more system games, and should say/vote for freeform.

I was thinking that I could play an Elven freesword(merc?) who tends to encounter trouble with people thinking she's a whore(prostitute, not 'easy'). Just for a bit of laughs in the story, I think.

I'd also guess that demi-humans are rarely seen by the humans? Such as Dwarves, Elves, Gnomes, and the like? So that an elf maiden would be a rare sight?

GreenHavok

Hadn't really thought of that, but yes, demi-human populations may be sparse, especially with elves and gnomes, because of their fondness of arcane magic.

GabrielM

I just realized that I should maybe throw in my two cents so the people interested know who the male that you talk about is Green.
Hi every one!
I will be playing a human who travels selling his skills as a swordsman/bowmen. He does not like the term mercenary because he has a past and a thin set of morals he believes sets him apart from your average kill anything for money mercenary.

Haibane

I just wanted to drop in a note that although my druid/healer type girl may appear to be a 'good' character, she isn't necessarily that way inclined, its just that she has currently settled in a community where the work she does gives the appearance of being 'good'. Essentially she is self-serving though so if you wanted to consider her in terms of D&D alignments she'd be lawful-neutral.

Green, would you like me to put my girl's character bio up here so others can see where I'm coming from on this?

GreenHavok

Sure it would  be good if everyone could fill out the form i posted in the first post. It will help flesh out the characters and me with the story.

Haibane

Here is Ryuuna. I added in the headings you asked for and tweaked one or two small parts:

If we go with the travelling caravan idea she can easily fit into that role travelling from town to town selling herbs, spice, potions and healing presses and in between times going out into the woods to gather ingredients, quite a nice peaceful life in fact. I just placed her in a rural settlement as a starting point because that suits her character. It can easily be changed. In my mind she has no magical power whatever, the druidic aspect of her nature comes from her religion and approach to life more than a magical or pseudo-magical cult. In her work she's calling upon spirits and gods rather than reciting spells and calling on 'forces'.

She'll be careful to gather herbs and berries at certain phases of the moon and seasons and in particular places and using a sacred blade and will brew her herbal remedies in time honoured ways but she's no witch.

If you want her to have specific game skills she can be a healer, a low-level form of guide or tracker in rural places, especially woodland and she can make up hallucinogenic drugs from fungi which could give another character temporary strength, fight fatigue or be an offensive weapon such as mild poisons. I wouldn't want a powerful skill such as fatal poisons though we can add that if it doesn't unbalance the game.

Name: Ryuuna Umthelemaar ("Ree-you-na Oom-thel-eh-mar")
Race: Human
Sex: Female
Alignment: Lawful-Neutral (maybe some good tendencies will emerge as the tale grows, maybe some evil ones, she can drift in either direction)
Profession/Class: Healer/Druid/Pastor/Travelling herbalist
Physical Appearance: Ryuuna is pretty in an earthy simple way, she stands about five feet three and is proportioned for her height, though on the curvy side. She has long straight black hair to below her waist that she commonly wears tied back in her druidical hair bands and her costume is almost always that of her order of Druemo-Gruarna-Skuursuur ("Dray-mow Grew-ar-nah Skers-oohr") (The Druids of Grass and Sky = think ancient Romano-British/Celtic druidical orders). Please see the attached image.

Brief Background: Ryuuna lives in the village and each morning goes about her rounds visiting the community, she normally returns near the end of the day to talk with ailing people who come to her home where she dispenses herbs, potions and advice. On market days she sets up her herbal remedy stall and does some trade and keeps in touch with the travelling community, though on non-market days she can usually be found in the Market Tavern where she’ll drink tea and conduct her ‘counselling’ sessions.

She is the settlement's resident healer. She's also a species of community carer, offering her small home to travellers to stay if the inns are busy or women travelling alone don't wish to stay there. She does some counselling, spiritual guidance and such, being a general source of comfort to those in difficulty or who need a shoulder to cry on or to dump their woes; she's a kind of spiritual scratching post and cesspit.

On special days when the moon and planets are aligned to her purpose she will go out alone into the nearby hills and woodlands and carefully collect plants, fungi, berries and insects to use in her trade.

She came here only three years ago, arriving on a caravan one day with some people she had met on the road. She liked the place and chose to set down her roots although the urge to journey on still makes her restless. Originally from a city a week's travel to the north, she was intending to travel on southwards to warmer climes but liked it here. The place lacked a local healer so she chose to stay.

She is unmarried and due to her pastoral work, avoids romantic entanglements though its common for male travellers passing through to speak with her and try their luck, she is after all, a handsome woman and can frequently be found relaxing in the taverns, though she is teetotal and will drink only tea.

Druemo-Gruarna-Skuursuur are a pragmatic order and practice an understanding of the balance of all things: Beginning and ending; birth must end in death; growth is balanced by decay; joy in one person is offset by despair in another; yin and yang if you will. The order is deeply rural, peaceful and caring, they practice medicine with herbal and fungal compounds, compacts and broths as well as the usual use of clean water, cleanliness, bandaging, splinting and a number of other obvious and well known medical practices. They do not practice blood letting or the use of leeches.
Family: Her parents are from the tradesman class. They still live in the city (name to be decided by GM) some miles away. She had a baby brother who died as a toddler from an infection. This incident prompted her to go down the route she has taken in life. Her mother is a herbalist and potion maker and druidess, her father a brewer. In the city druids are less accepted than in more rural regions so her mother hides the sacred side of her beliefs and works merely as a herbalist and potion maker. From her mother's and father's trades combined Ryuuna has picked up some ideas on adding herbal fusions into beer to make some interesting drinks... Other more distant family members are scattered about in the city and contact varies from frequent to rare. Some parts of the family do not see eye-to-eye.
Fears: Fire, falling.

GreenHavok

That looks great Hai, I have finally decided on a name for the starting settlement, Meadowvale. And for the major neighboring kingdom, Krynnberg. Meadowvale is a artisan thorp by definition, with just under 200 people living in the main settlement, but more spread out farms scattering the hillside. The population is 99% human, with just a smattering of travelers and half-human residents. Krynnberg is a bustling city with a population of around 9000. Many bazaars and festivals fill the streets the majority of the year, celebrating culture, religion, and life. The kingdom is a theocracy with the church leaders also leading the city. The large cathedral in the center of the city also serves as the main political building and main worshiping venue. I am currently working on characters to fill major roles, if there would be anyone you would regularly interact with, please pm me with a list of people i need to make.

Bayushi

Name:Alloren Lesa'dreima
Race:Silver Elf
Profession/Class:Wandering Sword/Bladesinger
Alignment:Neutral Good
Height:4'9"
Weight:95 pounds
Backstory:Alloryn is the only child of a well-established elven family of rich traders and farmers in a small elven village. As a child she saw the injustices and poverty among the workers on her family estates and resolved to alter things. She also defied her family’s wish for her to partake in the running of the family business, and attended an Elite Bladesinger’s Lodge, learning the art of magic, swordcraft, and bladesong. These combined lead to many clashes with her father, and she was eventually cast out of the family completely. The order became her family but Alloryn is driven by a sense of restlessness, that there is always something more she should be doing. She thus spends most of her time wandering in search of illness, evil and injustice. Her innate certainty of what is right and what is wrong helped her survive the clash with her family, but has made her a difficult woman to live with. Although she would never admit it even to herself, Alloryn is a somewhat sad and lonely woman.
Alloryn is from what is to all intents and purposes an aristocratic background and is a noble, but she has no delusions of the innate superiority of her class. In fact she views most aristocrats as money grabbing cowards. She has very clear personal views on what is right and what is wrong. She has an instinctive distrust of those who have taken up the thieving profession, but bears them no ill will, feeling that their actions will spell their own disaster.
Family:Alloryn is the daughter of noble house Dreima, which has great influence with the Elven court by way of their trade prowess.
Fears:The two things Alloryn truly fears are failure and rape. She knows that as a beautiful young elven woman, should she fall to a male, she would likely be raped at his hands.
Abilities:Given her ability at bladesong, Alloryn is capable of weaving arcane magic into her swordplay. She tends to avoid using magic in the presence of humans, instead employing the traditional Bladesong: a stunning display of swordsmanship laced with haunting song.
Appearance:A woman short for an elf, she is lithe and lightly muscled. Despite her youth she has hair of pure silver, and her grey blue eyes that can be steely cold or remarkably compassionate. Her face is classically beautiful, but shows a hint of impishness and laughter that no longer exists within her, yet is interesting and somewhat compelling.  She has often been described, not just as beautiful, but also as sultry and cute.

GreenHavok

That looks really good Akiko, now we just need Gab and Butterfly to post theirs

Butterflykiss

Name: Meredith Songstress

Profession/Class: Minstrel/Bard

Alignment: Neutral Good

Backstory: A wandering minstrel, weary from travel, came to a small and picturesque village. He fell in love with a farmer’s daughter, and his son became the town’s woodcrafter. The woodcrafter was renowned for his skill, especially in the creation of musical instruments. The instruments had perfect tonal quality. The bows never snapped, the harps never warped. People from far places would come just to purchase his crafts. His daughter would inherit his love of music, and as she grew she became proficient in many of them. She would spend hours in the garden outside the shop, singing in a charming voice as she plucked the strings of the child’s harp he’d crafted specially for her. He named her Merry, after the sparkling songs that she loved to sing. After her father died, Merry decided to make spreading music her life’s calling, and with her violin in hand set out to see more of the world and hear all the songs it had to offer.

Family: Meredith has no living relatives.

Fears: Illness. Watching her father succumb to age and disease has made Merry wary of plagues and contagions.

Abilities: Voice inflection: she can go from soothing to screeching, commanding to convincing. Meredith is a master of many musical instruments, and can play a wide variety of tunes, from dirges to battle hymns to lullabies.

Appearance: Pretty with a womanly figure; rich dark hair and dark eyes.

GabrielM

Name: Orrel Flinn

Profession: Swordsmen for hire

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Backstory: Orrel Was raised in a small but big enough house on the edge of a nobleman's property. He nor any of his family were slaves no they were very welcomed by the Noblemen's family. Orrel's father was a teacher, he was a teacher of the sword. Before Orrel had been born his family had been better off but their small port city was attacked and most every one lost everything. Orrel's father vowed that never again would his wife be endangered because he was helpless. He became a master swordsmen and traveling helping others so that they might never share his fate. When Orrel's mother was pregnant with him his father looked to settle down and a Noblemen hired him on to teach his children and as the years went by Orrel learned. When he came of age he decided that he wanted to go out and make his own way. He wanted to see the world and live an adventurers life. He now travels were the wind takes him selling his skills to who ever may want them. He however has rules as to which he lives by, he will not just kill anyone or do anything.

Family: His Father and Mother are now dead but he does have a sister Marelle who is a traveling singer.

Fears: Spiders

Abilities: He is known for the speed in which he handles a sword some even say that he fights faster than any man and that it might be some kind of magic. He also has eerily good luck.

Appearance: He has dark hair and a rugged charm.

GreenHavok

Name: Derik Von Rathman

Race:Human

Sex: Male

Alignment: Lawful Good

Profession/Class: Captain of the Guard in the kingdom of Krynnberg

Physical Appearance: A seasoned man, he has a handsome, worn charm to him, but his dingy blonde hair is stained with the taint of battle. The kingdom has been the home to many conflicts, and Derik has been enlisted since he could firmly hold a sword. A large scar runs the length of his face, drawing a line from his right brow to the edge of his mouth. His body is usually covered with a polished armor and many tabards, showing his allegiance to the kingdom.

Brief Background: Born into nobility, Derik was raised with the best. He was taught to read and write, he was educated to the fullest of the city. His mother passed when he was just 6, and he turned to the gods to find an answer. During his time spent in the large central cathedral, he was exposed to the paladins training in the cloysters, quickly he fell in love with the sword play and began studying to be a squire.  He progressed into the ranks and eventually took up the head of the town guard, the highest position available not at the direct command of the High Priest. He was sent to Meadowvale and has been posted there for unknown reasons.

Family: Noble father who is a merchant in the Upper district of the city. He deals in foreign art objects and hand made crafts.

Fears: Falling to corruption, Water.

GreenHavok

Ok that's all interested parties, present and accounted for. I am going to make links to topics for OOC and IC. Below you will also find a rough map of the setting. The small black dot indicating the starting city of Meadowvale, and the white and black symbolizing the city of Krynnberg.  I will also be PMing everyone with the links as well.