Started- A (RP) starcraft game, open to players

Started by Aiden, July 27, 2009, 01:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

I am not putting a player limit for those who wish to join, I am hoping the people interested enjoy the universe enough to keep the game "rolling"

So everyone interested, welcome aboard.

I will be making "GM" type post during the game.
Example- Ship is going down, what are you gonna do.
*wait a few post*

Follow up-(Depending on what the players did...)
You manged to stabilize ship! Zerg scanned approaching.
OR
Majority chose to flee, Ship is entering orbit into unknown planet, better find a way to land or eject safely.

I hope this makes sense, also if anyone wants to help me make GM type post.
The one I have in mind is a "live" UI, to post facts, random information, etc.
Ex- Cortona in the Halo series

If anyone wants to make PCs, like a colony leader/rebel commander feel free to, or send me a PM. I have no interest in making a "leader" roll and calling rank in group of rebels, criminals and wanders.

Moon and Star

Aiden

Game is gonna go up soon, I am gonna toss it up in NC-Exotic for now, if the zerg starts fucking humans or mauling (vore) or we get to violent I'll ask a mod to move us over.

Threads will be up today, I have been slacking on a characters (its a flaw of mine to procrastinate on that) but I can have the setting up soon.

Oh, neato. I completely expect this game to get moved to EX. :P

Aiden

Starting thread

OOC/character thread-Status

If you want to make a character to die or be lost in action or even be an occasional poster feel free.
I am hoping that this game can be stand alone, with players who like the universe are motivated enough to create their own story in the universe.

Enjoy

Now to work on my character.

Feel free to begin

Jingo

Axel Terys a.k.a. "Ripper"

Role  Dropship Pilot rated for Transport, Scouting and Surveillance

Player  Jingo

Military service record/awards/ranks  Axel was a deep space scout for Terran Expeditionary Forces for years before seeing combat on the first Zerg invasion of Char. Frequent entries into hot zones and a narrow escape from the first Infestation honed his skills as a Wraith pilot with over 80 confirmed kills. His frequent frustration with the Phantom System configuration led him to move on to Dropship piloting, being the sturdier craft.

Axel holds the rank of Lieutenant in the Terran Air Command. He's been awarded twice with declarations of extreme bravery.

Home planet  Space-born, on Zulu Eta Station off the third colony.

Bio  Living, breathing and eating Aeronautics, Axel was headed for a promising career in Applied Astrophysics when a University prank lead to an academic dismissal. He pursued and acquired his Piloting License at the young age of 23 and enlisted in the Expeditionary Forces one year later. Much of his more intellectual potential ended up wasted as he quickly fell in love with the dynamic and dangerous life of an ANA hybrid pilot, equally at home flying in the atmosphere as well as deep space.

Gregarious and social, he met many friends in the Expeditionary forces, and after the first Zerg conflict on Char, he and his best friend were enlisted into the military. He quickly found a place in the aTAC and his friend soon became an accomplished Goliath pilot.

At the time the Terran Air Command began experimenting with outfitting their Wraith class light fighters with phantom cloaking systems, and needed skilled pilots to engage in hit-and-run missions into infested territory. It was after one of the most brutal conflicts that Axel saw his friend overrun in a last-ditch hold-out, and attempted a brutal air-drop rescue. The pilot was trapped in his Goliath and the exosuit was simply too heavy for transport out, and he was forced to leave him behind.

It was after this incident Axel requested transfer into the Transport Corps. After two stints planet-side, he's currently fleeing the Mengsk regime in search of connecting with some hold-out Colonial loyalists.

Personality    Axel is brash and overconfident, matched by a somewhat fatalistic optimism and a cheerful demeanor.

Strengths/Weakness  Fearless, and consummately skilled (Able to pilot almost all light craft in the Terran Air Command, and even has some experience with frigates and larger craft), Axel has quick reflexes and keen observational skills, and is unmatched in figuring his way around a ship's systems. However, occasionally prone to being fatalistic, and subsequently his leadership qualities leave something to be desired. And though he is a reasonable crack shot, he has no experience with heavy weaponry or hand-to-hand combat.

Aiden

Game has started and progressed

Added a new thread, those who wish to join the people abord the downed battle cruiser "Norad 1" just crashed landed on Tyrador XI.

Looking for more to join in on the fun, can be part of the crash landed survivors or Terran occupying the area, can be Dominion, Old Confederacy loyalist or rebellion.