In Search of Entertainment and Adventure [MUL]

Started by Empyrean, July 14, 2009, 10:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Empyrean

Hello! I'm Empyrean, a relatively new poster around here. I've been reading Elliquiy for a month now since joining and I'd like to play with some of you fine people. Below are some ideas I've had for games and I hope one or more interest you out there. I have no problem with males playing female characters or vice-versa.

Heiress of Darkness [UN]: This one would be a modern-day setting, involving a wicked crime boss of some sort. I'm imagining it would be a woman who has built some sort of empire of sex, drugs, possibly slavery or paid assassination, or all of the above. Basically, a bad person inside and out, with a facade as a corporate executive perhaps. The idea I had was that a couple of decades ago this woman had a daughter that she gave up for adoption before building her operation. Now that she's getting older she's decided that she wants her child back to mold her into a proper heiress to maintain her legacy. I would play the daughter, who has grown up a sheltered preppie with a normal adoptive family who's just been "picked up" by her mother's people.

I'd be looking for players to take on the role of the mother as well as people in her organization, victims of her activities, and possibly police trying to bring it all down.

Scion, Chronicles of the New Gods [VAN] and possibly [VAN-E]: I'm a big fan of the Scion setting from White Wolf and would be interested in getting a game started here on Elliquiy. For those who don't know, it's basically a game where you play the children of gods in the modern day, fighting against ancient horrors called Titans. STs and players welcome. I'm familiar enough to play a character but not terribly good with the numbers so if anyone wanted to ST feel free.

Exalted [MUL probably]: Similarly, I'm a fan of Exalted and would like to play in an Exalted game here. Personally, I would be interested in playing an Infernal or playing in the First Age. STs and players wanted, as above.

Legend of the Five Rings [UN]: This is a new interest of mine, but I'd like to play in this setting. I'm particularly interested in playing a Shugenja or Ishiken myself, and would gladly welcome anyone who wanted to run the game as well as players.

Persona [UN]: I'm a big fan of the Shin Megami Tensei Persona series and a freeform game based on it greatly appeals to me. I imagine this as a game with new characters, new personas, and a new, high-tech setting. This game would be set in 2030, where a state-of-the-art city has been built on the ocean's floor by the Japanese government. Named for the Shinto god of the sea and storms, Susano-O, powered by a newly developed energy source, and intended as an experiment in long-term human survival in new environments, this city seems to have everything. But as international tensions rise on the surface and communications start to break down between surface and sea, shadows begin to rise in the hearts of the people. Players of Persona-users are desired.

In Nomine [MUL]: A freeform In Nomine game, with players taking on the roles of angels or demons. The plot would center around the Children of the Grigori and celestial/human dealings in general. Players welcome.

Nobilis [MUL]: I would be definitely be interested in playing in a Nobilis game. :) 

That's all I have for the moment but I will update as games fill up and new ideas come to me. Thank you for your interest and attention. :)   

Eliza

I'm stating interest in Heiress of Darkness with a female character in a police/detective position. It's a good idea. There is another game like this, surrounding prostitution and pimp/mothers and such.

I'm also going to show interest in the Persona plot. It's one of those overlooked great games. What kinds of characters do you think will populate the game? Same as the original games, around the ages of 16-19?

Empyrean

QuoteI'm stating interest in Heiress of Darkness with a female character in a police/detective position. It's a good idea. There is another game like this, surrounding prostitution and pimp/mothers and such.

Great! Hopefully we can get more people to play in this one. I was inspired by seeing that game and by playing a hentai game called Discipline: The Record of a Crusade. The pairs of evil sisters in that one got me thinking about what it would be like to be raised in such a family.

QuoteI'm also going to show interest in the Persona plot. It's one of those overlooked great games. What kinds of characters do you think will populate the game? Same as the original games, around the ages of 16-19?

I'd like to open up the age range a bit. After all, I don't see a reason why older folks wouldn't have Personas as well. :)

Eliza

That's right...I think Akihiko was one over the age of 20 with a persona in the anime, wasn't he?

Empyrean

Quote from: Eliza on July 15, 2009, 12:09:50 AM
That's right...I think Akihiko was one over the age of 20 with a persona in the anime, wasn't he?

I never saw the anime, but I see no problem with over-20s having Personas in this game. :)

SuperHans

I'd be interested in playing a victim of the mother's activities or a detective in the Heiress of Darkness roleplay.
That's just, like, your opinion, man

O&O

Empyrean

QuoteI'd be interested in playing a victim of the mother's activities or a detective in the Heiress of Darkness roleplay.

Great! I'd be glad to have you playing. :)

Empyrean

So so far we just need a mother figure for the Heiress of Darkness game and we can at least get started with that. Any other takers for that or any of the other games listed?

seducer12

I would be interested in playing the daughter's boyfriend. The mother figure tries to corrupt him and bring him over to her side, to help her mould her heiress. She seduces him herself, or with money, women, etc. If people are open to this idea, I would be willing to play this.

Also if the players don't have a problem, I would be willing to play the role of the mother. I like the machiavellian element of it. I'm male, so if any of the players have a problem with that, I completely understand.

Empyrean

I don't have a problem with you playing the mother or the boyfriend or both, if you'd like. Of course I cannot speak for the other players but I personally have no problem with it. :)

As for the boyfriend, I'd imagine it would be the daughter's very first. She's been sheltered and has been focused on her academics (kind of a preppie as I mentioned), so this boyfriend would likely be her first and she'd probably not have gone farther than second base with him. :)

seducer12

Yes, I would be willing to play both. When you start a thread and there are no objections to me being male, then send me a message with the link and I'll join in!

Oni Kirin

I am all for playing in the Persona game. However, there are a few questions i had regarding your games.

1.) In the Persona games, are there going to be stat sheets and the like, similar to Exalted or maybe D&D?

2.) Will this be for massive IM play, or for Forum play?

3.) Are you able to play as multiple characters? I had an idea for a great persona pair of characters, if able to do so....

Empyrean

Thanks for your interest! :)

1.) I hadn't really thought of stat sheets. I'm not really a numbers kind of guy. I can manage when I need to but in this case I was thinking it would be more freeform. Perhaps a modified sheet, like this:

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Persona (with strengths and weaknesses)*:
Favored Weapon (if any):

Please think of a starting Persona, and then design an evolved form for that Persona to be earned in play.

2.) Forum play

3.) Multiple characters is fine. :)

Empyrean

So I take it there is no objection to Seducer playing the mother and the boyfriend? If not, I propose we start the HoD game, or at least make an OOC board for it.

Oni, Eliza: Where you still interested in the Persona game?

Of course, all games are still open. :)

Empyrean

Just bumping this up in case anyone is still interested in any of these games. :)

Empyrean

Updated with modifications to the In Nomine game and added a Nobilis game. :)