GM seeks partner GMs, no experience required, plot negotiable

Started by rick957, August 24, 2011, 11:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick957

I'm thinking of starting a fresh group game and would like to find one or two others to help me run it.  The plot and setting of the game will be decided by the GMs together.  Please read on for more details.

The RP will feature erotic themes and sex scenes, but the quality of the writing will be paramount.  Our goal will be to end up with a good story with interesting characters and a logical, coherent, engaging plot.  In my opinion, drawn-out sex scenes detract from effective storytelling, so there will be few or no drawn-out sex scenes in the game, in spite of the deliberate emphasis on erotic themes.

Any genre of story from sci-fi to horror to crime to fantasy will be possible.  I can come up with multiple game scenarios in any of those genres for the GMs to choose between, or we can discuss our mutual interests and fuse them into a workable concept.

I'll be the main GM in the sense that at least at the beginning, I'll make the final decision in any case where the GMs have differing views.  If one of the other GMs wants to become the main GM and take over that role, I may let them.

The minimum participation level in the game will be as follows:  one post per week (preferably much more whenever possible), and no posts shorter than three sentences.  Long posts will be welcome but never required.  We will have no more than six players total, including the GMs, but I expect players to come and go regularly, so we'll need to recruit replacements as long as the game survives.  The game will last at least two months, preferably longer.

I've got a group game that has lasted nearly two years -- far longer than I expected! -- and you can look at it to get a general idea of what a game with me will look like.  This link will take you to a thread with more links to explore.

If you're interested, PM me and tell me a little about what kind of game you're itching to try.  If you don't have ideas yet, that's fine -- I've got plenty! -- but if you do have some, even very general ones, send them along.

It goes without saying, I assume, but we will try to end up with a game that is laid-back and more fun than you can shake a stick at.  :)  Hope to hear from you.
-- Rick