Vampire the Masquerade: Black Gold [Closed for now!]

Started by Blythe, February 22, 2016, 03:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VioletPanda

Looks like I won't be getting the sheet out like I thougt. Had to take someone home and got back after midnight...But I have ideas for the sheet!

I was going to take Rival Sires and have the rival be a Tremere, who sought to Embrace her for her intellect and her actual Sire -a Toreador- got to her first to get back at the Tremere for something that happened earlier.
   So my character Gwen will be an...odd Toreador. :)
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

VonDoom

@Andy I personally don't mind at all, though Pyramid wise I'm planning to have him be a bit higher in the apprentice circles already, due to being the Regent's childe and fairly old in total years for a neonate (almost sixty mortal years) and being rather career minded.

You may want to ask Blythe, too, of course. If he only wants one per clan, that would put us in a competing position.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Kolbrandr

Blythe

Quote from: VonDoom on February 24, 2016, 05:07:01 AMYou may want to ask Blythe, too, of course. If The only wants one per clan, that would put us in a competing position.

Another player asked me about this in PMs.

I don't mind overlapping Clans. :)

The one thing that I do want to avoid are Clan-signature disciplines being used willy-nilly by other Clans (such as Toreador neonates having Vicissitude, for example. That I don't particularly want).

RubySlippers

Anyone want to join the mighty ranks of the Caitiff, we are so awesome we don't even need a clan.  :D

Blythe

Small update: I'll specifically be reviewing/approving sheets for the 4-6 players I want on Feb. 29th. The reason for the delay is due to me being a little busier than normal, plus a couple of RL delay reasons! This should give sufficient time to get sheets in and hash out concepts anyway.

--I need to reply to PMs of those of you who've PMed me--don't worry, I haven't forgotten! I'll do my best to reply within a day or so!  8-)

VonDoom

Ha-ha! I'm almost done, just need get some images sorted once I'm home and send the PM. Whoo!

O&O

AndyZ

Somethiung just happened which probly ripped my creativity in half and I don't really expect to get done in time.  Don't worry about making sure I'm in.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

RubySlippers

Quote from: VonDoom on February 26, 2016, 06:44:07 AM
Ha-ha! I'm almost done, just need get some images sorted once I'm home and send the PM. Whoo!

Me to, I am working on a final sheet for my mighty Caitiff.  >:)

Lockepick

I'm working on a Ventrue, a 'low king' who tries to control Tulsa's weapon culture. So an arms dealer who also braves the forge to make battle ready weapons for kindred.

EDIT: Typed that on my phone, so had to anti-autocorrect.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Lockepick

General question: Would a relevant Strength/Stamina specialty apply to Damage Rolls and/or Soak?

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

VioletPanda

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Blythe

Quote from: lockepick on February 26, 2016, 01:48:00 PM
General question: Would a relevant Strength/Stamina specialty apply to Damage Rolls and/or Soak?

Not sure. I'm browsing the rulebook, but can't find this particular thing about specialties specifically mentioned anywhere. :/

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Blythe on February 26, 2016, 10:13:14 PM
Not sure. I'm browsing the rulebook, but can't find this particular thing about specialties specifically mentioned anywhere. :/

Really cannot think of anything that would apply.   However if such does occur,  if I were running I would say that the specialty could only be applied to one or the other in each round.   

Its Blythe's game so its all up to him.   

Blythe

After rereading the core rulebook further, I'm going to have to say 'applies to neither.' Since specialties are not really mentioned in any cohesive way I can find specifically regarding damage rolls and soaking damage, I suspect that it adds a bit too much power to a character, so I'm erring on the side of caution.

I'm open to changing my mind about this if the majority of players end up feeling differently (or if players can find something in the rulebook that suggests this should be allowed).

VonDoom

Don't really know or recall either way -- our pen&paper group was mostly playing with a 'tens get an extra roll by default' house-rule over the years and my online VtM experiences didn't involve too much rolling.

Attribute specialties, or at least the examples given for them, are generally super-vague, though, and will cover ... most rolls on the attribute, most of the time. Dunno about hitting or damage, don't really mind either way.

O&O

persephone325

I know you're not accepting new players and all. I just wanted to post for notifications if you happen to get an open slot.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

RubySlippers

Quote from: VonDoom on February 27, 2016, 03:02:36 AM
Don't really know or recall either way -- our pen&paper group was mostly playing with a 'tens get an extra roll by default' house-rule over the years and my online VtM experiences didn't involve too much rolling.

Attribute specialties, or at least the examples given for them, are generally super-vague, though, and will cover ... most rolls on the attribute, most of the time. Dunno about hitting or damage, don't really mind either way.

I'm tempted to take as an Appearance specialty: Score Free Stuff (seriously how often does a gorgeous woman go out and have to spend money having a good time). hee hee I won't but it would be amusing.

Anyway a Specialty isn't hard with the specialty you add a roll for every ten not canceled by a 1 for a higher bit of a chance of success. Its not broken IMHO. But only one can apply. Attribute ones tend to be more broadly applicable that's why raising them costs more than abilities.

But for combat why can't Stamina "Take Blows" be a specialty a lot of fighters are just tough boxers, special forces guys and street thugs it would just mean when its damage it would be limited to non-lethal and non-aggravated damage just getting punched or kicked. A Gangrel claws you then you better dodge or have Fortitude pretty good.  ;)

OR simpler just don't use Specialties at all your the ST you can simply say no specialties just assume the more dots the better they are in an area, with well notes where needed like Linguistics mean more languages and Perform usually you work in an area but those don't have to be Specialties. It would eliminate overspecialization and big dice pools being even more broken.

Lockepick

I decided to go with Dex 3, Stamina 3 regardless. At the time I asked, I was considering Dex 2, Stamina 4 with a specialty that worked in soak. In the end, even if you DID allow 10-Again on Soak -- Dex is still king in oWoD, and I couldn't really afford to drop it down and still be considered effective at combat.

I also have pretty much no experience with Tabletop oWoD -- I played years of the oWoD LARP -- but I'm learning that it's a really different system! XD

RubySlippers

True, Dexterity tends to be more important in combat and stands out among the Attributes in the system. I have Appearance as the 4 Dot Attribute but didn't ignore physical ones.

Blythe

Quick clarifications since I'm working on sheet reviews today! These are all relevant to various things that I've reviewed or chatted about:

- We are using the 2nd edition, also referred to as the "Revised" edition. You will have no starting EXP.
- If you take dots in backgrounds that necessitate NPC characters, let me know if you want to make your own NPCs and have me RP them, if you want me to just make NPCs for you, etc.
- Materials from the following books are allowed: The Core Rulebook, the Revised Clanbooks, the Camarilla/Sabbat guides
- Regarding sexual content: I need player input. Personally, I don't focus a lot on sex and as a GM, I tend to write sex scenes more upon "request" than anything. The game will go in [EX] to accommodate a variety of interests, but it would be good for me to get an idea of what level of sexual content people want/are comfortable with.

VioletPanda

Well,  for me I'd be cool with some making out and stuff,  but it seems like Vampires have more important things to do than have sex lol

My A/A PageMy O/Os

AndyZ

If I were to offer a suggestion: allow Blush of Life to let sexual organs work and lower the cost of spending blood to allow sex more easily.  By default, it's (8-Humanity) blood points for a scene, which means it's a full 8 when you're on a Path.  I would suggest 1 blood point for Humanity for a scene and some form of drop for those on a Path, if you have any.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Blythe on February 27, 2016, 11:26:21 AM
Quick clarifications since I'm working on sheet reviews today! These are all relevant to various things that I've reviewed or chatted about:

- We are using the 2nd edition, also referred to as the "Revised" edition. You will have no starting EXP.
- If you take dots in backgrounds that necessitate NPC characters, let me know if you want to make your own NPCs and have me RP them, if you want me to just make NPCs for you, etc.
- Materials from the following books are allowed: The Core Rulebook, the Revised Clanbooks, the Camarilla/Sabbat guides
- Regarding sexual content: I need player input. Personally, I don't focus a lot on sex and as a GM, I tend to write sex scenes more upon "request" than anything. The game will go in [EX] to accommodate a variety of interests, but it would be good for me to get an idea of what level of sexual content people want/are comfortable with.

Doing revisions, are the secondary abilities being used and the flaws. I think I downloaded the right Guide to the Camarilla. Seeing if the Sabbat book has added useful Merits/Flaws.

Lockepick

In regards to sex: I like the option, but I think it's important that they take place in an independent threat. It's less about my modest sensibilities -- and more so that the plot/RP can proceed and doesn't get held up by the sex scene.