Tracking threads and using the 'Find Partners' feature.

Started by Nachtmahr, September 08, 2014, 04:42:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nachtmahr

Hi.

I was wondering: Is there a way to easily see a list of all threads that you have ever posted in, without having to bookmark all of them? I sort of feel like having to bookmark everything you do defeats the point of bookmarks to begin with, so if there is, that would be amazing. I don't want to loose track of -all- my old threads, but I don't necessarily want all the dead ones cluttering up my bookmarks.

I'd also like to ask if ther eis any way to actually search for people interested in gay couplings on the 'Find partners' search-thing. It doesn't really seem like it, which makes me wonder if homosexuality could bet added either a standard kink, or if 'Attracted to *thing*' is something that could be made a search option?
~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

Kerri

Hey,

Does the "new replies to your post" (on the top right of the page) not do what you would like? I'm pretty sure that it will have every single thread you've posted in as long as it has had a reply since your own. I'm a bit unsure of any thing else even similar to what you are asking.

I must admit I'm not familiar with the "search for partners" either, but I will do some investigation and get back to you if I find the answer.

From what I can tell it isn't a way to search for gay couplings (I must admit that I might be wrong here, and would love to be corrected if I am). There was a note there that said something about it not being worthwhile since a lot of people don't have their preferences set up.

I hope I was of a bit of assistance.

*edited to clarify and add a bit about the search feature.

A/a’s updated 10/2/16
All images in signature created by the truly talented and sweet Amelita

Nico

Quote from: Nachtmahr on September 08, 2014, 04:42:50 AM

I'd also like to ask if ther eis any way to actually search for people interested in gay couplings on the 'Find partners' search-thing. It doesn't really seem like it, which makes me wonder if homosexuality could bet added either a standard kink, or if 'Attracted to *thing*' is something that could be made a search option?
Hello!

You might try to search for "Anal" or maybe "Gay Orgies" as preferences. Maybe it gives you something useful.

Nachtmahr

'New replies to your posts' is okay, but again: If it's an old, dead thread then no one will have posted in it since the last time it was viewed, and they won't show up. :P

As for the search feature - I did actually try just going with 'Anal' and apart from suggesting that I pair up with myself (How flattering!) the crowd for such a common kink is just too huge to handle. 'Anal' isn't really going to narrow anything down, as 75% of people who have filled out their preferences most likely have it as something they don't mind, gay or not. I haven't tried Gay Orgies though, mostly because they really aren't my thing, but it might work.
~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

Nico

Quote from: Nachtmahr on September 08, 2014, 09:50:09 AM

As for the search feature - I did actually try just going with 'Anal' and apart from suggesting that I pair up with myself (How flattering!) the crowd for such a common kink is just too huge to handle. 'Anal' isn't really going to narrow anything down, as 75% of people who have filled out their preferences most likely have it as something they don't mind, gay or not. I haven't tried Gay Orgies though, mostly because they really aren't my thing, but it might work.
Makes sense, because someone who likes gay orgies, might not have an issue with a one on one. ;)

Kerri

Quote from: Nachtmahr on September 08, 2014, 09:50:09 AM
'New replies to your posts' is okay, but again: If it's an old, dead thread then no one will have posted in it since the last time it was viewed, and they won't show up. :P

I'm sorry, I wish I had more to help, but that was the best suggestion I could think of.

A/a’s updated 10/2/16
All images in signature created by the truly talented and sweet Amelita

Rogue

I know it's unhelpful now,  but any story threads i recommend linking to your O/O page since it makes it easier for both you and your partners and future partners to find them. I know it's troublesome depending on the amount of stories you've had but it's helpful.

As for other threads, that's personally where i use bookmarks.

I think they've been working on the partner issue though. :)