News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shjade

Quote from: Ryven on April 18, 2013, 08:51:31 AM
Her mantra Q does ass loads of damage which is why I use it in conjunction with her W to snare and blast them in the face with it right before they are tethered.  That's the point of her combo when building her for AP damage.  I can do over 1k damage with only decent gear at mid level with her mantra Q alone and that doesn't include the added damage from the W.  No comparison?  I beg to differ given that I've taken out many a champion with that combo.

No no, I get that. I know it does more damage, though only by a couple hundred - substantial, but not enough to outweigh the substantial healing of the boosted W if you've taken damage at all (which, if you're in range to tether someone, you probably have). At 0 AP boosted Q does 225 more. At 500 AP that number only rises to 375. Boosting the Q is the maximum damage option if you can land both parts, but that pretty much requires having the target CC'd since it takes so long for the detonation to go off and if you're doing that CC yourself with the tether then you're probably taking hits yourself since it requires staying within a certain range of your target. Unless you're just killing off a runner, that usually means the life-stealing tether is the safer option. If it's a teamfight and your target is getting locked down by other players, while that might seem like a prime Q blast opportunity, a big team-wide shield and speed boost will probably have the greater impact on the fight overall.

I'm not saying the Q is useless by any means. I'm just saying that, most of the time, there's more utility and effectiveness to be had in boosting one of the other abilities instead of that one.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Ryven

Quote from: Shjade on April 18, 2013, 11:36:30 AM
No no, I get that. I know it does more damage, though only by a couple hundred - substantial, but not enough to outweigh the substantial healing of the boosted W if you've taken damage at all (which, if you're in range to tether someone, you probably have). At 0 AP boosted Q does 225 more. At 500 AP that number only rises to 375. Boosting the Q is the maximum damage option if you can land both parts, but that pretty much requires having the target CC'd since it takes so long for the detonation to go off and if you're doing that CC yourself with the tether then you're probably taking hits yourself since it requires staying within a certain range of your target. Unless you're just killing off a runner, that usually means the life-stealing tether is the safer option. If it's a teamfight and your target is getting locked down by other players, while that might seem like a prime Q blast opportunity, a big team-wide shield and speed boost will probably have the greater impact on the fight overall.

I'm not saying the Q is useless by any means. I'm just saying that, most of the time, there's more utility and effectiveness to be had in boosting one of the other abilities instead of that one.

You're arguing situational instances which apply to every champion. Yes, the situation may dictate using a mass shield or healing tether but if you're single shielding yourself, you're giving yourself added protection from any potential damage from your target making the damage output the better option. Karma's kit requires that the right decision for her ability use and ult boost be used for the right situation which is something I already know and the reason I like playing her. I'm merely pointing out her damage out put combined with her versatility is pretty potent.

Hurricane

A greater focus on interesting, situational decisions seems to be a theme in a lot if newer champs.

I've recently started playing Lulu, and I live hiw amazingly versatile she is. I find her to be A LOT more fun than older supports like Soraka or Taric because I can affect so many situations in so many ways.

Ryven

Quote from: Hurricane on April 18, 2013, 03:29:23 PM
A greater focus on interesting, situational decisions seems to be a theme in a lot if newer champs.

I've recently started playing Lulu, and I live hiw amazingly versatile she is. I find her to be A LOT more fun than older supports like Soraka or Taric because I can affect so many situations in so many ways.

I didn't know you played. :o

apygoos

Thresh: King of supports, and my main, favorite champion

Kaedia

On topic of the role select picture; it's not happening. It's was a 'joke' picture submitted on EloHell. Riot has stated before they won't add something like that because they feel it stagnates the game to dictate what players have to play. They have changed their mind before in the past but it is extremely unlikely. Now on to other news!

I love Thresh! I can't play him at all... but my friend usually does. We duo bottom Thresh/Miss Fortune and Bullet Box is amazingly effective. When I'm supporting I love me a Lulu. Sona was my old favorite though. Leona is up there as well. Recently I've been trying to AP support build that's been getting popular and found it's pretty fun. Did a game of AP Kayle support last night and it was a blast. My premade support is Rumble. So much fun!
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.
◄ The mark is a part of me, but it does not define me ►

Chris Brady

Quote from: Hurricane on April 18, 2013, 04:42:48 PM
I do! Friend meh - I'm XXXXX.

:)
Please don't post League names here, this IS a public thread.  Please PM it, for your protection.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Hurricane

That's a good point. I removed mine. How about you remove yours?

Ryven

Quote from: Chris Brady on April 18, 2013, 05:15:08 PM
Please don't post League names here, this IS a public thread.  Please PM it, for your protection.

Except you quoted him and now it's in the thread again.

The Golden Touch

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Chris Brady

Apologies, E has been incredibly slow tonight.  I changed the post to what I had meant.

I'm going to leave it (altered), so that others will be able to see the 'warning' (such as it is.)
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Revelation

Quote from: apygoos on April 18, 2013, 06:55:29 AM
i disagree, i hope this happens [if only at least for draft pick/ranked] because things would go much, much smoother. I think just better wording for top and mid need to be established. As an example, me as a support player, can go wherever the hell i want. It is normally strongest if the support is with the AD carry. i some cases though [like ifmy AD is being a hopeless cunt] ill go and support mid, or top. In this scenario i still have my role, but go wherever the hell I please.

even then with this system it lets more reasonable people come in and play [most of the time, no system is 100% If you wanted to "change the meta" you likely would need full agreement from your team anyway, or you likely would still have someone flame and troll you throughout the game. If anything this new system, if it ever would get implemented [Riot pls], would allow more for meta shift, as more reasonable people would likely be in queue together.

What happens when roaming comes back? Or something crazy like a bottom trilane potentially happens? (Double) AP bottom? Double Jungle?I play solo draft 100% Of the time pretty much, and I just think this is going to be awful - and supporting others in a role like what you describe can put them behind. An AD needs items to survive and they need help farming that. An AP character in mid needs levels faster than he needs items, so having someone support him and share the lane XP with him makes it harder for him to keep that level advantage. Strictly enforcing the meta and giving additional tools for people to punish people for 'playing outside' the meta would lead to nowhere but disaster IMO.

Hellis

Quote from: Changingsaint on April 19, 2013, 04:07:26 AM
What happens when roaming comes back? Or something crazy like a bottom trilane potentially happens? (Double) AP bottom? Double Jungle?I play solo draft 100% Of the time pretty much, and I just think this is going to be awful - and supporting others in a role like what you describe can put them behind. An AD needs items to survive and they need help farming that. An AP character in mid needs levels faster than he needs items, so having someone support him and share the lane XP with him makes it harder for him to keep that level advantage. Strictly enforcing the meta and giving additional tools for people to punish people for 'playing outside' the meta would lead to nowhere but disaster IMO.

All of this really. As a person who works in the industry from time to time, and have many friends working in it full time: Meta is the single most important aspect for a online game, especially a competative one. Enforcing meta, shoehorning it would alienate and stagnate the player base. Take Mobas for an example. Classic lanes used to be the big thing, the real strat. It is why DOTA 2 matches are less likely to have a jungler, the game refuses to change.  Freeing up the met let's people evolve it, and LoL isa perfect example for this. Each Season, the meta becomes somewhat different, forcing players to be more inventive with team comps and champs.

The Golden Touch

I may or may not have been reported in a bot game by some wukong that didn't want me to end the game... Um... Wait now, so you're reporting me for playing the game? Weird.

Ryven

How do you know if you've been reported? Or did he just say he was going to report you? XD

The Golden Touch

They did and spent the last five minutes of the game telling me that I was going against something about testing, yada, yada and then the rest of the team told him to shove it and not speak for them.

Ryven

Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

Shjade

Probably meant he was testing out Wukong on bots.

That's his problem. If he just wants a drawn out game to test mechanics he can make a custom and play it solo.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

The Golden Touch

Or told everyone in the beginning that he wanted to test instead of the moment I started to take down the second base turret. -shrugs-

SinXAzgard21

Can't get banned for that, Riot ignores reports from bots.  I've never seen on in the Tribunal and I've done a lot of them.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Hurricane

Does anyone know if you can be stripped of ribbons (like honorable opponent or friendly or whatever) ?

I know they re-did the formulas at one point, but I've had both honorable AND friendly since then, and now they are gone.

Full disclosure: there was a short period of time when my behavior might have been a bit short of the Summoner's Code...

Kaedia

Yes; you can lose them. If you don't receive enough honor in the category in a set amount of time (I'm not sure on the exacts) you lose the ribbon and will have to get the honor to get it back. You also lose them if you are banned or receive punishment from the Tribunal if I recall correctly.

EDIT: Also had a brain fart. Honorable Opponent is based only off of how much honor you have as an honorable opponent. The others are not so clear. Lyte hasn't stated to my knowledge how they are determined but he has hinted at that they are given on a case by case basis by Riot staff.
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.

SinXAzgard21

Been running vlad and kha'zix top.  Three levels from 20 but I'm done playing for the week.  The weekends ruin the game for me as all I get are leavers and trolls.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Drenlai

I was so happy yesterday to reach promotion, but immediately my next two games were troll filled. Seems to be the pattern for me in rank.

Good luck on your playing Sin, make sure to use bush to get Kha's passive.

Kaedia

It gets better when you hit higher levels though that isn't much comfort when you still have to experience it. I can honestly say I haven't had a leaver in my game (ally or enemy) that wasn't just a short disconnect in over two or three months. The Leavebuster does a pretty good job of clearing them out. The problem is when you're leveling up they haven't been hit with it enough to matter.

Trolls though... trolls are another matter... in the past couple weeks I can't say I've had any hardcore 'feed-the-enemy' or 'build AD Syndra' trolls. I've had some lackluster players but nothing worth writing home about.  I use to see a fair bit of them though... not sure why they suddenly vanished. Maybe I'm just lucky. Maybe the trolls are evolving and getting smarter... trolling in ways I haven't even noticed yet... *Tin hat*
My Status:
Open.