[nWoD] The Omerta Masquerade [Recruiting!]

Started by Angie, November 25, 2014, 08:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

Oh, I've been meaning to say this, but part of the "5 experience-you guys have been around the block" also includes that you know about the major supernatural types (the various splats allowed, basically) so we don't have to have a million scenes where everyone explains their gorram powers. Except for Changing Breeds (I think that deadmanshand is doing that?), that stuff is rare enough that you'll cock you head at it.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

TheGlyphstone

This sounds amazing. Count me in all the way.

Artema

Here you go: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=62843
That's male for you.    :D

P.S. Thinking about a Heretic flaw.

Marie Reynolds

Oh god yes a non god machine chronicle finally! I have been waiting for this!

Angie

All honesty, I don't care much for Flaws. There's not much reason to take 'em, but if you want them, have at it.

And I have some things, I'll PM you

Angie

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on November 26, 2014, 06:30:05 PM
Oh god yes a non god machine chronicle finally! I have been waiting for this!

Yes, non GMC! To be honest, all I use out of GMC are the rule updates-the actual God Machine and angels can kiss my ass.

Marie Reynolds

Kind of sad at the nwod vampire dislike. Maybe i should resist the urge to play a sanctified or a member of the first estate.

TheGlyphstone

Don't bother picking up Demon then - the core premise is being rogue/fallen angels of the GM.

Angie

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on November 26, 2014, 06:41:21 PM
Don't bother picking up Demon then - the core premise is being rogue/fallen angels of the GM.

Demon is forever banned from my table.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Angiejuusan on November 26, 2014, 06:53:21 PM
Demon is forever banned from my table.

Twilight Zone Twist: YOU are the God-Machine.

Incidentally, for anyone else making characters, I'm working on a Sin-Eater. He's a beat cop who was caught in a crossfire between rival gangs/mob factions. Now he's a Reaper, partnered to a man-shaped cloud of smoke wearing a trenchcoat and fedora, punching his time card in the A.C.P.D. while actually enforcing a set of laws you won't find in any earthly precinct.

EDIT: Dudes of Legend, approved? ;D

Angie

I get you're having a laugh, Glyph, but no. No. Maybe in a comedy campaign.

TheGlyphstone

I'm pretty sure the only way to use Dudes of Legend is alongside copious amounts of alcohol. And we can't get drunk over the internet.

(for the uninitiated - Dudes of Legend is the April Fool's supplement for NWoD. It features character perks like Hammerspace Trenchcoats, Stripper Magic, and Katanas Are Just Better, all the tools you need to transform WoD from gritty gothic horror into slapstick action-comedy.)

Angie

Now someone stop me before I make a Shawn of the Dead Campaign.

indarkestknight

For those who don't know, NWoD Mummies are... different than other supernaturals. Each time they awaken (someone breaks into their tomb, their cult summons them, Sothic Turn) they arise with their Power Stat (think Blood Potency or Gnosis) at 10... and it begins to go down over time. When it's gone, they become inactive again until called on again.

Angie

I think I'll leave them out of my superstar tag team crossover games except as enemies.

TheGlyphstone

Mummies are another one of the splats that just don't play very well with others, like Vampires and Prometheans. To start with, they're obscenely powerful but also effectively insane at 'character creation', and they 'burn out' rather fast. It's hard to have a group where the Mummy is not the most plot-centric character simply because if they are not the most plot-centric, they would be off dealing with their own problems while they can rather than bumming around with other supers.

A circle of mummies working together is very functional, since their goals will usually align or overlap (along with their enemies), and a solo Mummy can make for an extremely dangerous antagonist - both as a behind-the-scenes manipulator and during the inevitable combat confrontation. They're just problematic in a cross-splat teamup.

TheGlyphstone

Angie, are you allowing us to buy-down Morality for extra experience? It'd fit my character to be a little tarnished inside, and the +5 XP grant for a 1-level drop combined with the starting award would be enough to start me off with a third Key and improve my versatility.

Angie

I've already allowed it in PM, so yeah, go ahead.

(And now to wait for everyone to play 5 Morality serial killers...)

RubySlippers

Is the Second Sight book available both for psychics and thaumaturges among the enlightened mortals?

TheGlyphstone

Hey - I'm going to be playing a Morality 6 serial killer, thank you very much!

Synergy is awesome. I only make degeneration checks for accidental death; premediated murder is perfectly cool, as long as I don't do it too frequently.

Angie

Quote from: RubySlippers on November 26, 2014, 09:13:26 PM
Is the Second Sight book available both for psychics and thaumaturges among the enlightened mortals?

Gimme a minute. I used to have all this stuff, now I have to go find it all again. My old hard drive crashed, and I'm still recovering.

Hmmm....I'd prefer everyone to have the Major supernatural templates. I won't disallow it, but I will say you're gonna be at a disadvantage if you roll with an enlightened mortal.

TheGlyphstone

So, something else just occurred to me. Are you going to be modifying the Anacrotech Modifier thresholds for the Industrial Key, since they're written for a 21st-century era setting?

Angie

Yeah, I kinda have to. "Invented in the last 10 years" will apply to anything from September 1910 to now, and then just walk it back. The +0 mod would be "invented in the 1880s". So if you manage to find a Karl Benz automobile from fuck-mothering Germany, it'll be a +0 mod. Hooray.

TheGlyphstone

Perfectly fine by me - I wasn't entirely on board with an automatic +2 or +3 to all my Industrial manifestations just because we were historical. But a Colt .45 Peacemaker revolver will still do me just fine as a sidearm, at a net +0 for being created in 1873 (the first cartridge revolver was made in the 1850's, but I'm not sure I would trust a cutting-edge gun like that). Plus, there will be plenty of them around, the .45 never really goes away.

A good set of Civil War-era iron or brass knuckles (1860's) will be my melee weapon, and net me a +1 when I meld them via Industrial Caul. I suppose anything else I end up using I can ask for a spot-ruling on.