News:

Main Menu

London 2012

Started by Nico, July 28, 2012, 01:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilias

I don't like the reversal in the victory ceremonies. By tradition and protocol, the gold medallist is announced and decorated first, and gets more time up on the podium than the silver and bronze, not the other way around. It's not like we don't know who won what. This is the Olympics, not the X-Factor! >:(
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Nico

CastorTroy

Brilliant. Hoy's thighs are HUGE!
Requests | ONs/OFFsA/As

Current Roleplays: My Crown Jewel | Familial Ties | Daddy’s Out (Completed) |

JackWhite

Clijsters out. Bye bye dreams of a new Belgian tennis medal after Justin Henin.

Avis habilis

First ever American gold in women's judo! Booyah!

DeamonAndae19

*Fist Pumps*

Awwwwwwwwwww yeah

CastorTroy

Oh I think I'm in love with Victoria Pendleton.
Requests | ONs/OFFsA/As

Torch

I've been charged with keeping Mr. Torch updated on the schedule of the Dutch Women's Field Hockey team.

I can't imagine why he's interested... ::)

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Lilias

Quote from: CastorTroy on August 03, 2012, 01:38:43 PM
Oh I think I'm in love with Victoria Pendleton.

Cute girl. :-)

~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

DeamonAndae19

Quote from: Lilias on August 03, 2012, 02:38:56 PM

That was... unexpected, not complaining, just didn't expect that

*Steps away from the thread before he does himself a mischief.*

Izzie Aditi

Quote from: Torch on August 03, 2012, 02:10:54 PM
I've been charged with keeping Mr. Torch updated on the schedule of the Dutch Women's Field Hockey team.

Go Dutchies \o/
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

Lilias

Late note: I had to pick my jaw off the floor at Tirunesh Dibaba's sprint (read: an entire effing lap) at the end of the 10km race. Definitely watching her on the 5km.
~Wendell Berry

DeamonAndae19

*Fistpumps*

That's another World Record for the GB women cycling team.

*Is proud to be British.*

Nico

Quote from: Torch on August 03, 2012, 02:10:54 PM

Because of the shoes! ~laughs~

Yep, UK is doing good! ~thumbs up~

CastorTroy

Quote from: Lilias on August 03, 2012, 02:38:56 PM

CUTE!? She's much more than cute!

That picture has given me RP ideas.  >:)
Requests | ONs/OFFsA/As

Nico

And I think it's time to honour the female athletes from Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia. ~nods~ very couraged women! ~applauds~

Torch

Quote from: Nicholas on August 04, 2012, 11:41:05 AM
And I think it's time to honour the female athletes from Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia. ~nods~ very couraged women! ~applauds~

Agreed!

And cheers to Oscar Pistorius for making it to the 400m semifinals!  :-)

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

On's and Off's

Torch

Quote from: Lilias on August 04, 2012, 08:16:30 AM
Late note: I had to pick my jaw off the floor at Tirunesh Dibaba's sprint (read: an entire effing lap) at the end of the 10km race. Definitely watching her on the 5km.

I saw that too. She passed those two Kenyan runners like they were standing still. It was rather frightening.  :P

On's and Off's

CastorTroy

Quote from: Nicholas on August 04, 2012, 11:41:05 AM

Very couraged indeed!
Requests | ONs/OFFsA/As

Nico

Quote from: Torch on August 04, 2012, 11:47:41 AM

And cheers to Oscar Pistorius for making it to the 400m semifinals!  :-)

Yes, he's awesome!

Lilias

Two bronze for Greece in one day! YEEEE-HAW! \;D/
~Wendell Berry

DeamonAndae19

\m/

Aww Yeah, lets add three golds to the GB totals

And Best of luck to Michael Phelps on his retirement, my the gods grant him a long and happy life away from the games.

CastorTroy

Team GB absolutely brilliant tonight. I never, even in my wildest dreams, imagined they would do this well. I don't think anyone did. I expected it in the cycling and rowing but athletics is a completely different ball game and we don't have as many household names. Cheered for Mo Farah so loudly in that final straight, and Ennis is one hell of a cutie!
Requests | ONs/OFFsA/As

gaggedLouise

Quote from: CastorTroy on August 04, 2012, 08:22:54 PM
Team GB absolutely brilliant tonight. I never, even in my wildest dreams, imagined they would do this well. I don't think anyone did. I expected it in the cycling and rowing but athletics is a completely different ball game and we don't have as many household names. Cheered for Mo Farah so loudly in that final straight, and Ennis is one hell of a cutie!

Totally agree! I missed out on much of the heptahtlon because of going out in the countryside to attend a jazz festival, but knew beforehand that Ennis was going to have a field day. A worthy successor of our own great Carolina Klüft, who for some years won everything that could be won in heptathlon in similar power style. I'd happily buy a dvd of that event.

And kudos to Lisa Nordén, who emerged from obscurity in the same neck of the woods I live in, to win a silver medal at the triathlon - getting within inches of the gold medal. Literally a breast-to-breast photo finish!

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Lilias

The women's vault final was exciting like back in the 80s. ;D Those of us who have been following the sport for any length of time, of course, feel a bit smug to see the hotshot favourite shot down and the steady veteran win... ;)
~Wendell Berry