News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

A Science Fantasy Idea[NC to EX]

Started by Dorian Grandale, November 09, 2012, 05:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorian Grandale

Okay, here's something I've been thinking about:
Backstory

Terra, shining beacon of the Human Alliance, has been invaded by the reptilian giants, known as the Quartona. Their respective fleets rage in orbit, while Quartona landing parties and Terran defense forces ravage the surface. Kyria, a planet of warriors, and the original home of those who became the Quartona.  A race of powerful men who see women as needing to be protected.  A world of Magic and power.  And here live the mortal enemies of the Quartona. The Kyrie are special in many ways.

The Kyrie look human in many respects, but their height and propensity toward odd eye colors, set them apart from humans.  Their heights range from 6'1" to a towering 8'2". Their eye, hair and skin color match those of humans, but their eye colors also range into the violets, yellows and ambers, much to some human's shock. Also, their hair color tends to very light colors on some individuals, pure white being uncommon but not unheard of. Upon closer inspection, it is clear, that what appears to be hair on their heads, are actually very thin feathers. This, combined with their great wings, which root in under their shoulder blades, reveals the Kyrie race's avian ancestry.

The Kyrie have a problem that has plagued ever since they can remember: their female birth rate is abysmally low. There are about 250 Kyrie males for every female. This has led to a peculiar system of traditions to be set in place. Females are protected from any harm, and not allowed to take direct part in battle. Also, most females are given as 'charges' to a capable male, usually a Warrior or a Keeper, for safekeeping. Said Warrior or Keeper may take mates from his charges, as long as they accept him and are of age. It is not unheard of for a female in one male's charge to take another male as her mate. In such a case, she is transferred to the new male's care. Females are well educated and trained to fulfill their functions, and to be capable mothers. Apart from that, most females in Kyria enjoy a simple existence, as they work on home tasks under the watchful eye of their protector.

The Kyrie have three main combat occupations, which they call Tasks. These are the Warriors, the Keepers, and the Teks. Their Warriors, bred since birth to be such, are actually very varied in their builds, from literal walls of muscle to almost dainty but very agile ones. They are the ones most charged with defending females. Their Keepers, on the other hand, tend to be slight in build, but their enormous intellects and psychic power more than makes up for that. Their Teks are a mixture of the two, as both brains and brawn are usually needed to build something. A starship's crew, based on the ship's size, usually includes two or more Teks, a Keeper to supervise the sickbay, and varying amounts of Warriors, the ship's commanding officer usually being one of them.

Their main homeworld, Kyria, is a temperate world, slightly larger than Terra, orbiting an orange sun they call Anydis(Giver). Three other planets accompany Kyria in its endless procession around Anydis. Tiokk, a tiny speck of rock some distance out from Kyria, is much like akin Sol's Mars, with a thick carbon dioxide atmosphere and frozen water poles. Next out is Gauthanus, a gas giant with luminous cloud patterns that can be seen for millions of miles.

Out in the frozen fringes of the system, an oddity is present: Zhirov, a fireworld. This is the new home of the Kyrie's main enemy: the Quartona, a race of lizard-like giants. The Quartona were once related to the Kyrie, but an ancient war, which involved heavy genetic experimentation, and thousands of years of isolation, have turned the Quartona into a very different species. They are still hell bent on destroying the Kyrie in any way possible, but they too have the same female birthrate problem. To stem this, they raid other races for female slaves to use for breeding. The Terrans appear to be next on the list...

The Terrans weren’t expecting the attack, knowing little about the Kyrie's ancient enemies, but with Terra’s situation, more women than men, they were a perfect target.  However, Terran females fight right alongside their men.  They aren’t afraid of dying. On Terra people are trained from the earliest age to become what they will be.  And here is where the story begins, a bold and resourceful ship captain running the gauntlet of the Quartona fleet, in an effort to save some of her people, and to request assistance from the Kyrie..

Character Sheet

Name:
Appearance: (Pics encouraged! Or just write it out.)

Ons:
Offs:
Abilities: (3 to 5 of them, keep relative power in mind. More abilities, less power on each.)
Background:

Okay! Possible Role list follows. Not all of these are needed, but would be nice.

Aboard the refugee ship
-Captain  <-  Claimed by Alexandra Moldovia, playing Ship Captain Alexandra
-Security Chief:
-Marine Commander: <- Claimed by IrishWolf, playing Marine Major Jack Clark.
--Marines:
---> Katra Alexion, character pending

-Unique refugees(soldiers, scientists, psi-users, mages, etc.)
--Psychic/Comm Officer: <- Claimed by Caela, playing Akira Rose Matthews.
On Kyria
-Kyrie
--Warriors/ShieldMaidens - ShieldMaidens are female Kyrie, which are allowed to go into battle, because they are barren, and cannot fulfill their primary role as mothers.
---> Dyami Mingan Namid, played by Kdyami.

--Keepers - Powerful Psionics, as well as healers. They usually bear the task of reconditioning females that have been returned by the Quartona..

--Teks - Working on almost anything from simple home appliances, to planetary shields, this field is equally staffed by both male and female Kyrie. It is the only other way females are allowed near combat.

--Disciples - Look here for the info. Too long to add here..
---> Katra Alexion, character pending
Elsewhere
-Nihanni (More on this later, too.)
-Quartona
--Warmasters
--Dominators
--Artificers
-Other Aliens
---> Kimera, character pending
UPDATE
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=159307.0 <- Initial IC thread
"There ain't no sunshine when I'm low, how I'm low.
People tell me life's a game, I'm not playing.
Bitches don't mean shit to me, anymore.
I have taken my blows, I'm still standing.."

Alexandra Moldovia

As always I'd be interested, though I don't like crunchy systems.  It does seem like a fun story though.

Dorian Grandale

Awesome!

The system stuff is for later, once I set up a full game. As I mentioned, it would be something homebrew. I promise to keep it simple and stupid.

Alexandra Moldovia

*laughs* simple and stupid...*She shakes her head at a bad joke* alright.  I can live with that.

Dorian Grandale

Well, if there are no other takers, I think I'll start with Alexandra over here.

Any of you who might be interested, hey, let me know!

Siereis

Actually, I am extremely intrigued by this idea....though how are you planning on dealing with characters?  Like were you planning on having a character sheet?

Regardless, count me in...I'm always up for a good sci-fi RP with a decent plot!

Dorian Grandale

Ah, Hello there, Siereis.

Yes, I can give you a basic outline, if you need one. Currently I'm still working out what I will need for each chara. Do be warned, if I make this into a full game, I will be using a (very) light system. Would that be a problem?

Otherwise, what concept, out of the story, is attracting your attention?

Siereis

That's totally fine...in fact I prefer RP where I don't have to come up with all the stats beforehand.  In terms of what catches my eyes immediately, I love the contrast between female ratio between the races..should make for some pretty interesting reactions from the Quartona and the Kyrie.

However...I do have a few questions:
1) What sort of RP were you expecting this to be exactly?  Adventure type sounds the most obvious to me.
2) Relatively how smuty do you predict it being, and in what ways?
3) How many people did you ideally want to join in?

IrishWolf

Well this is interesting to be sure. Any room for a male Terran marine and what are we looking at in terms of weapons and armor tech for the Terrans?

Dorian Grandale

Okay. Your questions first, Siereis.

What sort of RP were you expecting this to be exactly?  Adventure type sounds the most obvious to me.

Keep in mind, this is being developed as we speak, so some things might change!

But yes, Adventure is the main ingredient, with the ensuing war as a background. There's no reason Romance and lots of Action might not be involved. The initial drive, for the humans, is to rescue their people/drive the Quartona back. For the Kyrie, it is more of helping their allies, while struggling with cultural change.

Relatively how smuty do you predict it being, and in what ways?

As I marked the thread, due to the chance of capture, the obvious 'we want your women' theme, and other future stuff. I might put this in the Extreme section. As for how smutty, that, my dear, is up to you and the other players. I expect at least one player to have a Quartona chara.. I hope.

How many people did you ideally want to join in?

I'm looking at 4-6 players, with a 2, maybe 3 chara limit per player. If more people join, that's good too!

Okay. Now for your question, IrishWolf.

Once again, this is being developed! Be sure to ask/suggest/demand things if you have an idea!

Case in point, your technology question. The Humans tech would be a mix of Halo and Mass Effect(That's ME 1, to be sure), with lots o' guns and such. Kinetic barriers are in their infancy, but usable. They have much less strength than shown in the game, and much longer cooldown times. This is because more focus was given on making them portable and integrated into armor. The Master Chief's Mjolnir Armor -might- be available, if you give me a good enough backstory. ;)

Kyrie tech is mixed with actual magic, and has a more archaic look to it, but still just as advanced. Fielded swords, auto-returning thrown weapons, semi-powered knight's armor and the like.

IrishWolf

Alright, sounds good. For the shipboard marines, how would you feel about light combat armor (just something slightly more advanced then modern ballistic armor) integrated with a survival suit and a fancy helmet (tactical display, comm equipment,, among other things)?

And how do you feel about biomechanical prosthetics and cybernetic augmentation?

Caela

Love the ways it looks like this game could go. so many chances for outright combat, deception, backstabbing and the politics involved between everyone could be devious indeed. Especially if the Kyrie decided to say, "Sure we'll help you drive off the lizard people...for a few of your women!" lol

When you decide on a basic character outline I'll set up a CS for approval. This just looks too fun not to get in on. :)

IrishWolf

Caela! The fun factor for this game as gone up ten fold!

Caela

Shhhhh, Irish, you'll make me blush!

IrishWolf

I happen to find a woman blushing very attractive Caela. You and MzHyde were the best thing about UNSF and my, with great characters and writing skill.

Dorian Grandale

Ah, Mr. Wolf. You read my mind. That sounds very reasonable. As for the rest, it will be entirely possible. I do hope a light, simple system will not scare you away, will it?

------------------

Ah, Welcome to my demented little scheme, Caela! Yes, I'm sure this will turn out smashing, indeed.

Warning! Warning! I shall be updating the first post shortly!

IrishWolf

Excellent. I do prefer free-form but a light system wouldn't send me running for the hills.

Kdyami

Is a male Kyria an available character selection.  If so I'd be very interested in playing.
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Caela

Might not post much here the next couple of days but I won't be losing interest. I have to work 12 hour shifts tomorrow and wednesday and if they're busy they may just wipe me out. Will work on a CS by thursday.

Dorian Grandale

Kdyami: Hey, welcome! A little correction, though: Kyria is the name of the home world, Kyrie beinf the race's name. And yes, they are perfectly available.

There are four flavors: Warrior, Keeper, Tek, and a fourth one I'm working on. I hope the names are self-explanatory. If not, I'll post up some info on them soon.

Caela: Yup. Know that very well. Don't worry too much. I should have a CS outline for you when you return.

Katra Alexion

I am very much interested in playing both a human female marine and a male Kyrie.

Dorian Grandale

Ah, Kat. I was wondering when you'd show up. ;)

And sure. I'll be updating the main post with some additional stuff in a bit.

Or, I might set up a wiki link, so I don't run into a character limit. *is so smart.. not!*

Dorian Grandale

IrishWolf

I'd like to reserve the marine commander, pending a character sheet and some sleep on my part, lol

Caela

Would like to claim a spot as a human psychic/communications expert if possible. :)