Looking for individuals for a supernatural apocalypse game... [MUL]

Started by ARandomRoleplayer, May 22, 2009, 06:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARandomRoleplayer

December 21st, 2012

The Apocalypse. The End of Days. The Final Battle between Good and Evil. The End of the World. Ragnarök. Judgment Day. Armageddon.

Whatever name you use for it, it has arrived.

The End is Nigh.

Humans have forgotten the Old Ways. The Old Gods have risen once more and they are displeased. Some gods tried to stop the Apocalypse, they died.

The ancient gods have returned and struck mankind down for its arrogance. The once mighty mortal civilizations have been destroyed in the course of a single day. The gods have decreed you must return to the Old Ways or die horribly.

The sky rains fire. Sea levels rise rendering entire coastlines uninhabitable. The dead spontaneously arise as zombies without warning, murdering any living thing they come across. Demons appear on the steps of Churches, murdering and raping gleefully. Tentacled cosmic horrors roam the streets, ravishing virgins as they murder everyone else. Eldritch abominations appear in universities and laboratories, slaughtering practitioners of the Mortal Sciences.

The Day of Judgment has ended. A New Era Begins.

You are in whatever safe haven you managed to locate in the face of the unholy terrors that have been loosed. Undead creatures which were once your neighbors and countrymen scrape their nails against the door, the windows, the walls. They are trying to get in but something keeps them at bay. You feel the presence of the divine as you collapse in exhaustion. Perhaps you awake to the sound of whispers, perhaps to a blessed voice of reason. You feel its presence in your mind. It tells you that you are now a god amongst lesser beings. It tells you that you must serve or it will let the unholy terrors have you. Will you fight this 'divine' will or become its instrument?

Today is December 22nd, 2012

This isn't going to be a free form game simply because once I've got a few (like 3) reliable solo players, I intend to let all of you interact and any 'issues' that may develop should be resolved by dice rather than argument. That, and I just like having a conflict resolution system in place. The 'system' is going to be D&D 3.5 simply because the mechanics will fit our needs. (e.g. Modern tech doesn't work. Conflicts are resolved by magical force or ancient weapons.)

Please contact me through IM, in my profile. I'll check this post as well...just not as frequently. xD

I have a link to more information but it also contains contact info and I'm not sure if I am allowed to post such a link for that reason.