Looking for DM, players for bondage Pathfinder game

Started by Max, November 13, 2018, 09:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bene

Quote from: Max on December 09, 2018, 05:53:38 PM
So, uhm DM, will we be facing lots of undead?

There could be, but wasn't going out of my way to plan on it.

Quote from: helvorn on December 09, 2018, 07:50:19 PM
I've found that the pathfinder guides to various character classes are really, really helpful.  I'm not the most adept or knowledgeable at character generation but the guides really help pick the important stuff or at least understand what might be important.
Yeah those guides are the best. I'm not gonna be too strict on the numbers really as I figured its a more RP heavy game.

Looks like we got a party of 3 at the moment, I am good anywhere between 3 and 7 as far as party members go. Running games on the forums is something I am new at, but I guess we'll have to see what goes down.

Max

Okay, think I will drop the Turn Undead.  AM thinking about getting rid of Spell Penetration as well.  Perhaps get Extra Channel if I drop both, and not sure about what the other would be. 

Also, thinking about changing the Liberation domain for either Travel or Luck.  Or change to Saranae.
"Are you into whips and chains too?"
"No, chainsaws."  (just kidding)

Ons and offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.new#new

helvorn

Luck is nice.  Also I think travel gives you better personal movement which is even nicer!

Muse

Here's a nice little set of stats: 

14, 9, 13, 12, 15, 15

Now, to see if i want to play something other than draconic bloodline with this girl. 

Does anyone have an art style they favor? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Muse on December 10, 2018, 06:37:16 AM
Does anyone have an art style they favor?

I mean, we got a mixture of realistic and fantasy arts, my character will be a literal goo blob in their base form, the other two have used realistic pics, but I usually go for fantasy art.. grab what you like and find good stuff for. :P

Muse

Daughter of an aging merchant mage named Matrim, Amira Velise was every bit as pampered, indulged, and educated as any of Matrim's children—including those by his three wives.  She always assumed she was part of his true family.  After all, he bought her pretty things, tutored her in spellcraft, encouraged her study of dragons, had his guards train her in staff and spear, and spoke to her in Draconic.  He'd even gave her a name that meant Princess.   

Amira admired her father's concubines, who were so beautiful, and graceful, and elegant in their submission, but she never considered that she might be one of them. 

Then the day came when Matrim at last desired something his own wealth and power could not provide.  The power to restore the now 70 year old mage to youth and vitality—the power of wish magic—was simply beyond his ability.  A stronger colleague—one of the Imperial Masters—had been persuaded to cast these magics on Matrim's behalf, but the asking price would cripple him financially. 

Ever resourceful, Matrim collared seven virgins—daughters by his concubines who were mature and beautiful—but still pure—and sold them to various brokers willing to put forth the staggering price he asked. 

And so it was that the 17 year old girl was stripped of her fine clothes, her paint and model sets, her books, her mithril spear, and her magical trinkets.  She was dressed in gauzy concubines robes and lead by strange men to a locked carriage.  As the carriage pulled away, the last thing she saw—through a window into her bedroom where her treasures were being sold to buy her father's youth—was a plush dragon, worn from a lifetime of hugs and tears.  Amira reached out without thinking, intoning a spell she hoped might bring it to her, only to have an old woman's bony fingers driven painfully into her short ribs to disrupt the spell. 

It was then that Amira began to sob. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

Linking my sorceress to our GM now.  She'll go up for everyone to see as soon as we have an board that' not publicly viewable.  'til then anyone who wants the link just PM me! 

Roleplay Frog

You seem to have a talent for findings pics I wanna drag off into dark corners and to sinistre things with. Like handholding.
Though I don't actually read other players sheets in order to avoid subconcious meta'ing. :P

Bene

Alright! Party of 4 seems great to me. Barring any other questions, I think we may be ready to get this show on the road! I'm gonna set up an IC thread with the introductory post on it whenever I get the go-ahead from everyone and they're ready. I will start to type it up either way so it is ready.

My only question would be how rolls work. I don't anticipate having you all roll anything with my intro post but just in case I would like to know how to run it.

Roleplay Frog

I'm ready but don't understand the question about rolls. The way I do it in my games is that players can roll for stuff they want to do, or the DM asks checks and saves when necessary.

Bene

That makes sense. Sorry I have never ran a game on the forums like this

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Bene on December 10, 2018, 03:07:53 PM
That makes sense. Sorry I have never ran a game on the forums like this

Ah I see. You basically want to push to keep the action going, because the action is naturally slowed through posts, compared to rl playgroups. Seen too many campaigns die an early death of abandoment with each player waiting for the other to post. I like to offer rolls sometimes as an... incentive to take action, because everyone can do a roll and respond.

Bene

Gotcha, seems easy enough! For now though anyone new who wants to join is free to while I set up the IC thread. Which board were y'all thinking? Bondage seems good, unless y'all want to introduce some NC I'm cool either way

Roleplay Frog

I feel like to be save exotic non/con is the best place to start D&D campaigns at, lotsa fantasy characters can be classified as exotic and the whole slavery thing implies non-con. :P

Muse

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on December 10, 2018, 01:29:25 PM
You seem to have a talent for findings pics I wanna drag off into dark corners and to sinistre things with. Like handholding.
Though I don't actually read other players sheets in order to avoid subconcious meta'ing. :P

*Grins*  Thank you.  The artists for Legend of the Cryptids do really good work.  I get a lot of mine from friends, Others i dig up by surfing around on pintrest and/or deviant art. 

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on December 10, 2018, 03:31:27 PM
I feel like to be save exotic non/con is the best place to start D&D campaigns at, lotsa fantasy characters can be classified as exotic and the whole slavery thing implies non-con. :P

I must wholeheartedly concur. 

Two more things on the topic of rolls, Bene.  If you don't know about it yet, Elliquiy has a dice bot.  the link to it is bellow the shout box between Blogs and Ons and Offs. 

The other thing i suggest is be prepared to do some rolls for the PCs--especially initiative.  When you start a combat pull up everyone's sheets and roll their initiative for them.  Bunch up the enemies a little bit and then roll their initiate together too.  Then group up actions.  "Muse, Frog, and Max can go now in whatever order they can post.  After them are the seven goblins.  Then Thin it's Helvorn's turn, followed by the Ogre." 

If you have a friendly player on hand with nothing better to do, tap him or her to help you out when you do things like this.  (I can help whenever I'm available.) 

Using Skype or Discord to facilitate rolls and pass around tags can be handy too, but not everyone is comfortable with that, and we here at Elliqiuy like our people to be comfortable.  :) 

Roleplay Frog

Quote*Grins*  Thank you.  The artists for Legend of the Cryptids do really good work.  I get a lot of mine from friends, Others i dig up by surfing around on pintrest and/or deviant art.

Definitly some good stuff, but this one is especially fitting. *nodnod*

On dices:

I often do fights a round in advance, or, if players are comfortable *wiggles eyebrows* rp a bit during the fights. You can make fights sexy without endless grapple checks. *chuckles*

Ixy

helvorn

I'm good with any degree of player or DM rolling of dice.  I can even help out as well with some of it if needed.

Bene

Okay so I'll roll y'all's initiave, probably have the order of combat visible so everyone knows the order to post. As far as out of combat, if you want to roll something post your roll and I'll tell you stuff based on it. I think I have an idea of how to run this, but excuse me for the first few encounters while I get used to it. I'd expect an intro post tomorrow :)

There will be a thread for approved character sheets where you can post level ups once i give them to you (doing milestones cause math is dumb) and will keep those thread for recruitment / general ooc if that works for you or I can start a new ooc thread I just don't want to have a bagillion threads going at once

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Bene on December 10, 2018, 10:38:44 PM
Okay so I'll roll y'all's initiave, probably have the order of combat visible so everyone knows the order to post. As far as out of combat, if you want to roll something post your roll and I'll tell you stuff based on it. I think I have an idea of how to run this, but excuse me for the first few encounters while I get used to it. I'd expect an intro post tomorrow :)

There will be a thread for approved character sheets where you can post level ups once i give them to you (doing milestones cause math is dumb) and will keep those thread for recruitment / general ooc if that works for you or I can start a new ooc thread I just don't want to have a bagillion threads going at once

Sounds good. I heavily recommend having people post their actions a turn in advance if you dun want the first fight to see folks leaving.
If in doubt, use an encounter that can scale up or down depending on how the players do. My secret is to actually increase the encounters basic ab and decrease their ac, because nothing is more frustrating than spending three days rl time of being told 'you miss.. they miss too!'

I recommend 1 ooc, 1 IC, 1 charsheet, and potentially 1 lewds threat, bonus points if you link to all the threads in the ooc so people dun get lost. The lewds thread depends on how you want to run the campaign, emphasis wise, you can integrate it into the story just fine as well if its a big thing and doesn't hold up the action. You can usally tell if a campaign is going good if, after page 3 or so, there's more IC than OOC going on.

Max

Okay, just a quick question.  The birthmark trait acts like a holy symbol, so I wouldn't need one?

Thinking either that or Child of the Temple and Merchant as my traits.

Should have the revised CS up later today.

Ons and offs:

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Max on December 11, 2018, 12:39:27 PM
Okay, just a quick question.  The birthmark trait acts like a holy symbol, so I wouldn't need one?

Yes. I just recommend a birthmark that isn't on a tricky place, like your butt.. you need to present your holy symbol, technically. :P

Max

Ons and offs:

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Max on December 11, 2018, 03:34:50 PM
Okay, thanks.  Thinking left forearm.

Anyone but me now imagining an evil cleric with a birthmark of Asmodeus or somesuch on the middle-finger?

Max

Ons and offs: