28 Days Later/Resident Evil/Forbidden Siren Hybrid

Started by Stan', May 27, 2010, 03:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan'

############
Fantastic Voyage
############

Right.  Let's get the bad stuff out of the way first.  If you can't spell properly, have never held in the shift button at the beginning of a sentence or are oblivious to what the hell a full stop is, then just stop reading now.  I'm wanting this story to be enjoying to read, not a chore.  OK?  Good.

This is your semi-typical zombie story.  The zombies, in this case, are similar to the ones found in the British film series 28 Days/Weeks Later.  They can run.  And they're smart.  They know how to shoot weapons, and more importantly reload.  If you see one with an M16 in it's hand, then you're basically fucked unless you move out of there quickly.  Their accuracy is obviously shite, but if that's the way you think, then famous last words.

Inspiration will also come from the Resident Evil trilogy (Resident Evil, 2, Nemesis), as well as the Japanese Horror game Forbidden Siren.  My original thoughts were during the Cold War, a submarine was sunk along with its nuclear reactor.  In order to protect the surrounding environment, a large underwater station was built to keep the nuclear reactor encased and safe.

But it began to leak.  Contact was lost.  Until a few days ago, when a radio message was transmitted from it's radio.  It was supposed to be abandoned.

A special forces team dives down to find out just what the hell's happened.  See that guy to your right?  And the one next to him?  Better be prepared to defend yourself if they start acting weird.

A variety of roles are up for grabs.  Soldiers, researchers, engineers, medics.  Interested?  Give a wee cheeky reply.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Character Template:

Name:
Origin:

Affiliation:
Role:
Weapon(s):

Appearance: (If Picture isn't used)
Things to Know:

Let's be realistic about ages, people.  I don't want to see special forces soldiers at 17 years old, these guys are some of the best the country has.  If they're not permanent members of the Special Forces Team, then who are they usually with?  Coast Guard, Army, Navy, some-private-company-like-Umbrella-from-Resident-Evil?

Weapons wise, pick what you want.  However, I feel there'll be more tension/drama if they are lacking enough firepower, rather than having our team casually mow down zombies with machine guns with unlimited ammo.  Remember.  They think it's abandoned down there.  In terms of appearance, no anime pictures and no outrageous looking characters either.

Current Roster
Special Forces Team

Mick "Rae" Braeburn Stan'
David Dominguez Stan'
Alina Sanchez elfguy
Charlie Dogins Your Akina
Tom Cage Sanai

Research Expedition
Danny "Morris" Anderson Stan'
Julia Prestwick Dashenka
Rose Shaw Zillah

elfguy

Color me interested. I would probably play a solider, a female special unit type. Do you want this to be pure action? Or also sex? And if so, only between team members, or a NC type of deal where the zombies overpower everybody and have their way with them?
----

Stan'

elfguy

Well, without it being a 'sex plot' it could always have romance. If you intend it to be purely action then my interest is lessen but I may still join.
----

Paladin

Oh color me in! I love SF stuff and RE and 28days later. 28 week's wasnt as good in my opinion. Never heard of Forbidden Siren, but I loved Parasite Eve

Crovonovin

I would just like to say that I have not felt such joy when reading a roleplay proposal in a long, LONG time.  You had me at 28 Days Later.  Then you had me again at Resident Evil.  And though I've only been able to watch (not play) some extensive playthroughs of Siren: Blood Curse, what I saw hooked me completely.

And then, just when I thought it could not possibly get any better, you put it all underwater, one of the best but sadly underused settings for horror (particularly games, which is where much of the inspiration seems to be coming from). 

Suffice it to say that I am more than interested in participating in this one.  I'd be interested in playing the role of a male member of the special forces team.

By the by, I do have one question.  I'm not sure if you want this to be a surprise, but will there be more than just zombies in this base?  Resident Evil of course is well known for its wide assortment of other mutated beasties, and Siren had some rather surreal enemies with wings sprouting from their heads or disgustingly swollen bodies.

Paladin

I so call the badass hot looking Lieutenant guy.

elfguy

Quote from: Paladin on May 27, 2010, 05:25:40 PM
I so call the badass hot looking Lieutenant guy.

Can I be the badass recruit girl that is strong, skilled and extremely good at what she does, but is so cocky she risks killing the whole crew at every corner? ;)
----

Stan'

There can be romance, but I know that my characters will be spending too much time trying to stay alive than staring romantically in to a lassie's eyes.

To be fair, when I wrote that I was being influenced by Forbidden Siren, I hadn't yet decided to put it underwater.  So there's no problem about not knowing anything/much about it.  But yes, it will definetly be in the old school style of the PSX Resident Evil games.  28 Weeks Later and Resident Evil 5 are both sitting on my shelf, unwatched/unplayed.  I never had Parasite Eve either, but I have a faint idea what it's like.

And to your question: yes, I was thinking that there could be a few creatures that aren't just zombies.  To keep it interesting, after all.  As we advance through the story, they'll play the role of sub-bosses, or in the same vein as Hunters/Lickers, where they replaced the zombies in certain parts after a certain trigger had been activated.

It will be quite a big special forces team, so multiple characters are encouraged.  I've had experiences with a few group horror games like this before, where people are hesitant in killing their characters.  Me, on the other hand, thoroughly enjoys it.

Paladin

Quote from: elfguy on May 27, 2010, 05:33:33 PM
Can I be the badass recruit girl that is strong, skilled and extremely good at what she does, but is so cocky she risks killing the whole crew at every corner? ;)

umm works for me. :D

Paladin

Quote from: Stan' on May 27, 2010, 05:34:59 PM
There can be romance, but I know that my characters will be spending too much time trying to stay alive than staring romantically in to a lassie's eyes.

To be fair, when I wrote that I was being influenced by Forbidden Siren, I hadn't yet decided to put it underwater.  So there's no problem about not knowing anything/much about it.  But yes, it will definetly be in the old school style of the PSX Resident Evil games.  28 Weeks Later and Resident Evil 5 are both sitting on my shelf, unwatched/unplayed.  I never had Parasite Eve either, but I have a faint idea what it's like.

And to your question: yes, I was thinking that there could be a few creatures that aren't just zombies.  To keep it interesting, after all.  As we advance through the story, they'll play the role of sub-bosses, or in the same vein as Hunters/Lickers, where they replaced the zombies in certain parts after a certain trigger had been activated.

It will be quite a big special forces team, so multiple characters are encouraged.  I've had experiences with a few group horror games like this before, where people are hesitant in killing their characters.  Me, on the other hand, thoroughly enjoys it.

Ok after looking at Forbidden Siren, yes I have seen it now that I remember what it was. The problem is is that it and resident evil are two diffent games. RE wanted you to kill and blow stuff up, FS was a sneaky game. I didn't find it that fun really wich is why I only watched a friend play it and never really bought it.

Zillah

Zombies?

(pokes head up)

I'm so there. I love 28 Days Later. And Resident Evil.

I'd love to play a female scientist. Maybe one who's interested in "researching" the nasty critters, but perhaps knows a little more about really what's going on, and what's inside some (but certainly not all) of those TOP SECRET files the group finds at some point.

Stan'

It was a frustrating game.  The story really got me hooked, because it was a unique way of narration.  Rather than play as one character, from beginning to end, you played as 8 or so characters, and their stories took place over the course of three days.  And it didn't play in order.  So you only found out the proper story after you completed it.  I actually saw the end credits and defeated the final boss about three-quarters through the game, but there were still scenarios to play for the other characters.

The second one was more action-orientated, as the introduction of a couple of reserve soldiers meant you gained access to assault rifles and the like.  Took away a lot of the challenge, I suppose, but was still a very atmospheric game.  I have Siren: Blood Curse in my drawer.  Managed to play through a few levels, haven't completed it yet.

Hello, Zillah!  Of course you can play a scientist.  I'll be playing somebody that's in the know as well, although who that is will be a secret to everyone.  Guess I'll have to see how many characters everyone wants to play as, and what their roles in the team are.

elfguy

Any template so we can post a char sheet? I have a character that I think should fit nicely.

----

Stan'

Here's my characters.  Check my first post for an update.

Name: David Dominguez
Origin: Florida, U.S.A. (American)

Affiliation: Special Forces Team
Role: Scientist/Soldier
Weapon(s): USP .45 Handgun

Appearance: (If picture isn't used)
Height: 6 ft 1
Talents/Things to Know: If there's one word to describe Dominguez, it would be reliable.  He's not an outstanding soldier by any means, and he'd rather be in a lab somewhere by himself rather than leading the charge with a gun in his hand.  But he's got an accurate shot on him, and he's a man that won't crack under the pressure.  In his university days, he was in the basketball team, thanks to his height and ability to throw something a decent length, whether it's a ball or a grenade.  Dominguez is down there to check the radiation levels, and he's one of the few men that can bring back the fresh, clean air.

Name: Mick "Rae" Braeburn
Origin: Alabama, U.S.A. (American)

Role: Lieutenant
Weapon(s): M16A4 Assault Rifle, M9 Handgun

Things to Know: Braeburn's had enough of the army.  He's had enough of putting himself in danger time and time again for no good reason other than to cover some politician's ass when something goes wrong.  But he's been given plenty of opportunities to walk away and start a new life somewhere else, and every time he's turned back up at the barracks ready for another day.  A great example to the younger soldiers, he's just one of these guys that keeps up morale.  If they've swam too far up shit creek, he knows where to paddle.

elfguy

Name: Alina Sanchez

Origin: Baltimore

Role: Soldier

Weapon(s): M4 rifle, M9 handgun, hunting knife

Appearance: (If Picture isn't used)

Things to Know:
Alina is very skilled at what she does. Having spent several years in the army, she joined the Special Forces where the uniform requirements are lesser, but the danger is much higher. She enjoys the thrill of battle. She is fit, strong, and very accurate with her weapons. She is also very social and friendly. However she does have a temper, and can get pissed off easily. She is also cocky and loves to show off, which can be dangerous in a team.
----

LIAR

Name: Charlie Dogins
Origin: Newport News, VA

Role: Soldier, Stealth, Tracking
Weapon(s): Beretta M92F, Machete, knife

Appearance: Picture.
Things to Know: Charlie believes there is a time and a place for most everything which keeps her focused on the mission at hand so she seems quiet, but this level-headed woman is no pushover. She enjoys being part of a team and takes pride in her work. She specializes in hand-to-hand combat and stealth missions. Assassinations? That's her. Break ins? That's her. In a submarine underwater? Not so much. But she knows you can't shine all the time and is more than capable of completing a mission that doesn't require the cloak of night. She enjoys acrobatics and video-games when she's not on duty.

Sanai

Name: Tom Cage
Origin: New York.
Role: Soldier/Corpsman.
Weapon(s): Bushmaster Adaptive Combat Rifle in Enhanced Configuration (ACR FR 16M B)

Sig Sauer Sp2022

Combat Knife.

Appearance:

Things to Know: Born as an orphan and raised by the state in New York, Tom Cage did not have an easy childhood, but found himself quiete capable at surviving in his urban environment, as he bounced between being in orphanages, foster homes and on the street. In an attempt to reign in his wild behavior and rough edges, his carers sent him to a military academy for youths, a sort of cadets program, at the age of 17. He thrived in this environment, having now found his calling. He loved working with firearms, finding caring for them, firing them and maintaining them to have a calming effect on himself, enjoying the mechanisms and simplicity of them in comparison to life itself. He joined the military as soon as he was 18. At the age of 28, he recieved orders transferring him to a Special Forces Unit, where he would recieve additional training. Now, he has been assigned to a team, and is being sent on his first mission.

Skills: Good Marksman, has Medical Corpsman and Survival Training.
What have I become?
My Sweetest Friend..
Everyone I know..
Goes Away in the End.
You Could have it All...
My Empire of Dirt
I will Let you down...
I will make you Hurt.

Stan'

sinoraa

Name: Sarah Whites
Origin: Austain, Texas

Role: Engineer/Sniper
Weapon(s):
AS50 sniper rifle

Sub-machine Gun Mpt9k

Combat knife

SCAR Mk16

Appearance:
Things to Know: Theres not much to mention of Sarah's childhood. She lived a fairly event less life, until she graduated from collage. She'd gotten a degree in engineering, but due to the lack of work, she was left with no other choice, then to join the army. Sarah rarely enters close qouters. Shes not afraid of combat, but find it foolish to get in range of a enemy, preferring to pick them off from miles away.

Stan'

Just to give you a little warning while playing your character:

The sniper rifle will be useless in this environment, considering that the base is filled with twisting corridors and has a claustrophobic feel to it.

But if you're fine with that...

Crovonovin

I'll try and put a character up tomorrow, as I'm somewhat busy putting my own game together at the moment.  Still planning to make a Special Forces member, but if you need another role filled I would be happy to switch.

elfguy

----

Paladin

I'll have something up in a couple of days. Work is kickin my ass.

Zillah

Name: Rose Shaw
Origin: Boston, MA (USA)

Affiliation: Classified Government Science Organization
Role: Scientist/Soldier
Weapon(s): 9 mm pistol

Height: 5 ft 6 in
Talents/Things to Know: Rose is extremely clever, sometimes too clever for her own good. She's extremely smart and curious - sometimes, that curiosity gets the better of her. She's not afraid of much, and is fascinated with how and why things work. Her people skills can leave a bit to be desired at times, and many people mistake her scientific detachment to things as arrogance. She's more apt to try and reason her way out of horrible situations instead of resorting to violence, though when push comes to shove, she'll use a gun if she has to.

(Stan', just let me know what exactly works for "Classified Government Science Organization" ... I'll change accordingly.)