The Uncanny X-Men (Free-Form RPG, Groups)

Started by PhantomPistoleer, July 09, 2013, 11:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Ember Star on July 10, 2013, 06:07:32 PM
can I bring in Claire DaVinci/DataCat that I had in the other group with the same alternative reality background?

Sure!  Is she a student or a teacher?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Liu Bao Yu

Ember Star

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on July 10, 2013, 06:08:12 PM
Sure!  Is she a student or a teacher?
Teacher. Same position she had in the other group, computers/technology and maybe weapons? She's not young enough to be a student and her background is too heavy for student
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

GhettoMagick

I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)

kckolbe

Power ratings can be surprising at times.  Wolverine, for example, has incredibly low official ratings, but has been the scourge of the comics.  Banshee has:

Intelligence: 3, Strength: 3, Speed: 4, Durability: 3, Energy Projection 7, Fighting Skills 4

But he has been a non-issue for most of his life.  Fun fact: Magneto once referred to him as the only worthy foe among the X-Men.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Ember Star on July 10, 2013, 06:10:18 PM
Teacher. Same position she had in the other group, computers/technology and maybe weapons? She's not young enough to be a student and her background is too heavy for student

Neat!  But please frame her profile according to the method illustrated on Page 1 of this thread!  Nice to have you on board, Ember.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Malrunar

You know... I think I hardly know a thing about Banshee.

Ember Star

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on July 10, 2013, 06:12:19 PM
Neat!  But please frame her profile according to the method illustrated on Page 1 of this thread!  Nice to have you on board, Ember.
*nods* I'll reformat it
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

kckolbe

Quote from: Yggdrasil on July 10, 2013, 06:12:30 PM
You know... I think I hardly know a thing about Banshee.

Neither did his writers.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Batman4560

Kokaine

These characters look fun. I am seriously hoping I have more success with Dev and getting her integrated than I did previously.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

AribethAmkiir

I've always liked Banshee.  Always wondered why he didn't get more love (besides Moira).  Think kc hit on it earlier - and just now - never read "Generation X", but was it any better in that book?

Liu Bao Yu

It's very late here in the UK, so I'll frame Monet tomorrow.

Good night all

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Kokaine on July 10, 2013, 06:20:34 PM
These characters look fun. I am seriously hoping I have more success with Dev and getting her integrated than I did previously.

Don't worry, Dev.

Everyone will be integrated LONG before the game starts.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

kckolbe

Like I said, a lot of his character development angles were also in use by other characters, mainly Wolverine, who wasn't intended to play as big a role as he ended up with.  With those angles taken, they didn't know what to do with Banshee, so they got rid of his powers and wrote him out with Moira.  Then, when they had a chance to bring him back, they made him younger and took away the vulnerability he'd previously had, again making him less interesting.  This happened a few times, every time resulting in Banshee being drawn as younger and with no real personality.

I'll be playing him as the Sean we briefly saw when he first teamed with the X-Men, minus the accent.

Intro Thread

Kokaine

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on July 10, 2013, 06:24:38 PM
Don't worry, Dev.

Everyone will be integrated LONG before the game starts.

Good to know :)
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Malrunar

I've only read a few comics, and those revolving around Domino, so... consider me giving a blank-eyed stare with the sound of chirping crickets whenever anyone starts talking about 'cannon' or 'universe blahbliddy-blah-661617...'

8D That's what makes OC so great! You can just make shit up and be like "Yeah... sounds about right!" Which is also why I can't do cannon's justice, because... well I can't just make shit up. >_>

Kokaine

Quote from: Yggdrasil on July 10, 2013, 06:30:36 PM
I've only read a few comics, and those revolving around Domino, so... consider me giving a blank-eyed stare with the sound of chirping crickets whenever anyone starts talking about 'cannon' or 'universe blahbliddy-blah-661617...'

8D That's what makes OC so great! You can just make shit up and be like "Yeah... sounds about right!" Which is also why I can't do cannon's justice, because... well I can't just make shit up. >_>

Amen! Lol.

My O/Os

VoluptuousVixen

SHADOWCAT
Group Affiliation: the X-men
Height: 5`4
Weight: 120
Arch-Enemies: Emma Frost (Kinda), Ogun, Shadow King, The Brotherhood
Nickname: kitten

Powers: Kitty has the power to phase through solid objects. Her powers enables her to phase another being ore object if she is physically touching them. Kitty also has met a future version of herself who could make her body truly *solid* as well meaning her skin was as hard as the Thing of the Fantastic Four. That is something Kitty strives to achieve with her powers.
Skills: She is a skilled gymnast, she has some ballet experience. She was trained extensively in martial arts by wolverine. Her weapon of choice is always a samuir sword. She can even fight with two at a time if needs be. Kitty is also a skilled swimmer, trained in Yoga and a computer hacking wizard. Who honed her skills with Hank McCoy.
Bio: Born to a simple life, computer genius Kitty Pryde's life was changed when she learned that she had the mutant power to phase through solid materials. After being kidnapped by the White Queen, Kitty joined the X-Men as its spoiled bratty, easily angered member, and has been fighting for the peaceful coexistence of mutants and humans most of her life. Originally befriending senior member Storm, Kitty found a life-long best friend in Illyana Rasputin. While being attacked by the Brood, Kitty met the small dragon Lockheed, who she kept as a pet. Unable to decide on a codename, Kitty went-by Sprite and then Ariel, before being possessed
by Ogun and learning ninjitsu, when she settled on the codename Shadowcat. After an attack by Harpoon, Kitty was stuck in her phasing state and almost faded into nothing, until she was saved by a combined effort of Mr. Fantastic and Dr. Doom. While recovering on Muir Island, Kitty believed that the X-Men had all died and she, with the two other surviving X-Men, founded Excalibur. After Ogun's spirit had taken control of the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier's computer system's, G. W. Bridge recruited Kitty to become a temporary S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. After returning to Excalibur, Shadowcat eventually returned to the X-Men. Following the tragic death of Colossus, and too many loved ones before him, Kitty left the team to find a new way to help realize Professor Charles Xavier's dream of peaceful coexistence between man and mutant, which led her to a life away from the front lines of genetic conflict at Robert Heinlein University. Kitty later joined a splinter X-Men group led by Storm, X-Treme X-Men, but returned to the X-Men. After traveling to the Breakworld, Kitty sacrificed herself to phase a planet-sized bullet fired at the Earth and simply was lost to space, until Magneto used the fullest of his abilities to return her. Once again stuck in an intangible state, Kitty was forced to wear a containment suit, until she was killed and revived, by Haleena of the Breakworld, and regained her physical body. Kitty splits from Collossus which truly breaks her heart. She currently serves at a teacher at Wolverines school.

Wolverine: Farther Figure. The person she trusts more then anyone in the world.
Rogue:    Close friend and has been for years. Whishes' she could get closer to her emotionally.
Banshee:  Has a lot of respect for him but never *Served* with him as a X-man.  Secretly thinks he is a DILF type.
Wyldecat: Hasn't had any time to really get to know, thinks the power set is pretty dam cool.
Lady Luck: Reminds her of Rachel Grey, beautiful and powerful. Because of that alone she has sympathy for her.
Colossus:  The Love of her life, he broke her heart. Twice. Finding it very hard serving alongside him.
Iceman:  Fast becoming her best friend, sees him as a goofy step brother type. Always thought he was *cool* and funny.
Druid: TBD

kckolbe

Intro Thread

Kokaine

Question: Are sexual relationships/dating between students and teachers frowned upon or blatantly against the rules?

My O/Os

Cold Heritage

SON OF DESTRUCTION: JUGGERNAUT
Group Affiliation: None Yet
Height: 8'2"
Weight: 1,900 lbs
Arch-Enemies: The Fuckers Who Killed His Mom
Nickname: None Yet

Powers: Michael possesses the powers that the Elder God, Cyttorak, endows upon all of his earthly agents. He possesses strength to rival the Hulk or Thor. By sheer virtue of muscle power, Michael can run at speeds up to 120 miles per hour, and jump incredibly high. His stamina is essentially limitless, and the power of Cyttorak will sustain Michael in all ways. Michael's flesh is no longer that of a mere mortal: it is god-flesh denser and more resilient than that of a human being. The power of Cyttorak further bestows upon Michael massive resistance to damage and harm of a nigh unfathomable degree, and what damage he may sustain is repaired with great alacrity by the same power. Being the avatar of Cyttorak makes Michael the embodiment of the unstoppable force, and while significant obstacles may slow or temporarily hinder him, it is immensely difficult to make him stop against his will. The power of Cyttorak allows Michael to, by act of will alone, generate a suit of mystic armour and a helmet that is the exact likeness of that which his father wore. The helmet has the same protective qualities as that his father wore, shielding Michael's mind from outside intrusion and attack. So long as Michael is Cyttorak's avatar, he will be ageless and immortal, forever in his physical prime.
Skills: Michael possesses a high school education. He can operate a standard transmission.
Bio: Michael is the son of Cain Marko. He grew up largely without his father's influence in his life, which was more blessing than a curse given his father's infamy and frequent troubles with the law. However, Cain did make sure to send money when he could, and so Michael and his mother lived a life that was comfortable enough for their simple tastes. They lacked extravagances and ultra luxury, but there was always food on the table, clothes on their backs, and a roof over their heads. It was enough, and they were thankful. Sometimes Cain wrote, and Michael read the letters. He still has them, in a small box. In the main, Michael had a mundane life, ignorant that there was a S.H.I.E.L.D. operative clandestinely observing he and his mother. The one time Cain and Uncle Tom Cassidy came by to visit, the agents must have all gone for a doughnut run, because it was 1) the best twelfth birthday party ever (there was pizza, a bouncy castle, ice cream cake, all the pop anyone could drink, and Uncle Tom doing magic tricks), and 2) S.H.I.E.L.D. forces did not engage in a destructive battle on the front lawn. His past is easily knowable, but mundane and anything one could know would not provide one with power over him.

Upon Michael's 18th birthday, he received a package from his father. Michael expected it to contain money, but it contained a red gem, an address, a bus ticket, and a disturbing note. The note was hastily written, and the words communicated something entirely alien to Michael in his father's correspondence: fear. Something had Cain terrified, and urged Michael to seek out Charles Xavier for protection. The red gem was the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak, and like his father before him, the oath to Cyttorak appeared in his mind. Any doubt Michael had was wiped away as his mother cried out in terror and he heard gunfire from downstairs: he spoke the oath and received the power of the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak, becoming thenceforth a human juggernaut. The assailants were military trained, or so Michael assumed, because they had all the hallmarks of a black ops hit squad. His mother was dead: a bullet between the eyes was at least mercifully quick. Untrained and having never thrown a punch in his life, Michael was unable to afford the same mercy to the six men who had murdered his mother. And even if he were, it was unlikely that he would have.

Michael took the time to gather a few things, and then took the bus ticket. After being told in no uncertain terms that his 'mutie ass' was not allowed on the bus, Michael walked. It took him a few days, but he walked non-stop, sustained by the power of Cyttorak and his own cold fury. He arrived at the door of 1407 Graymalkin Lane without official invitation, but as much need for the guidance of any of the other youths assembled there. And with Charles and Cain missing, the place might just belong to him.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Lady Lunarius

Sorry listening to Crazy Bitch is making me feel a little more inspired.
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

VoluptuousVixen

Thanks kckolbe I love that pic of Shadowcat too.

doodasaurus

First draft of a character sheet!  ;D

Disgraced Nazi from Another Dimension:  Nightcrawler
Group Affiliation: X-Men, formerly Lightning Force on Earth-597
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 170 lbs.
Arch-Enemies:  On Earth-616, the surviving elements of Excaliber are probably not thrilled with him.  Back on Earth-597, the surviving elements of Lightning Force, regard him as a traitor the cause and the Reich.
Nickname: Back on Earth-597, generally, "Sir".  In this one, it is possible people will try to call him things like "Elf" or "Fuzzy".

Powers:  Teleportation, superhuman agility and balance, clinging, shadow blending, prehensile tail, infrared vision.
Skills: Martial arts, swordsmanship, marksmanship, military strategy and tactics, acrobatics, infiltration and exfiltration, philosophy, theory of teleportation.  He is also extremely charismatic and a liar of some proportions, very useful in the Third Reich.
Bio: Kurt Wagner was born to Raven Darkholme in Bavaria, Germany, on Earth-597, where the Nazis had won World War II.  His clear mutation did not mark him as a freak in Third Reich but as one of the ubermensch.  Instead of being raised in a circus and driven away for being a monster when being abandoned by his mother, he was given a place in one of the boarding schools for the ubermenschen of the Third Reich.

He grew up without a family and was raised to view the Leader and the Reich as his family.  But the relationship was rocky.  Even though the x-gene automatically gave him special status as an ubermench, the truth was that the Reich strongly preferred even their supermen to be blond of hair and blue of eye.  He underwent a fair bit of abuse, as a result, and he retreated into a mock superficiality and humor that covered considerable cruelty.  Having never been shown love and affection, revenge was the only thing he had.  Despite his relatively modest powerset, he became an eventual expert at turning the tables on his opponents through vicious pranks that did not stop at merely embarrassingly but were occasional fatal.

Likewise, he had every reason in the world to learn to defend himself.  The Reich's racism was moderated by any one of a number of unusual situations, mostly based on readings of Nietzsche's philosophy, one of which is that the Japanese were also a master race.  When most of his schoolmates were comfortable with learning Western martial arts - boxing and wrestling - Kurt was more comfortable learning Japanese arts suck as Shotokan karate, aikido and other arts that took advantage of his superhuman reflexes and explosive athleticism, and Kosen judo techniques where he could use his superior flexibility to tie up opponents who were much, much stronger than he was (even before considering he had a tail).  He preferred Western fencing for pretty much the exact same reason, because the long reaching lunges, engagements and disengagements favored a highly mobile style.  He became something of an expert in defeating bigger, stronger opponents through frustrating their attacks before using their own power against them, one way or the other.

In school, he passed with flying colors, preferring subjects with philosophical and historical importance over everything other than physical activities.  He has the equivalent of a master's degree in philosophy, though his military education was primarily in covert operations, given his skill set.

As a young man, he was transferred to England to be part of the Lightning Force, where he was able to find his place for a while.  They had enough strangeness about them, a fey quality, that he fit in better than he ever had in Germany.  Things went as well as they ever did until Excalibur came to their dimension.  Afterward, Kurt started to have doubts about the world in which he lived.  A nascent feeling of . . . ethics had risen up in him.  He used his skills at getting into and out of places, as well as teleportation which made it easy for him to avoid the various checkpoints one found all over the Reich, to read forbidden interpretations of Nietzsche's work, including the parts that had been edited out of standard versions.  He realized the extent to which the Reich's government was based on lies and false premises - how they were precisely the lying, manipulative scumbags that the claimed other "lesser" peoples to be.

It came to a head when the Lightning Force was sent to "deal with" a group of Jewish imposters in Scotland.  It was to be a simple mission of murder, with a few people sent to interrogation.  Kurt couldn't do it.  On the day before the mission, he went to the group and helped them escape.  He tried to pretend that he'd done nothing, and would have gotten away with it except one of the people he helped escape broke the protocols he'd set and was caught.  Upon psychic interrogation, it came out that Kurt helped.  Hauptmann Englande was ordered to take Kurt into custody as a traitor but, well, he's very slippery and the rest of Lightning Force failed.  Kurt escaped.

It was hard for him to be on the run.  While he could easily escape virtually anything, he nevertheless was very noticeable.  Anyone who saw him could recognize him.  He decided to go for a more permanent solution.  From his military contacts, he knew that the Reich had several devices capable of traveling different dimensions.  He stole one and used it, transporting himself to Earth-616.

It was relatively easier to stay low, though a general sense of paranoia made him leave Europe for America's friendlier shores.  Granted, not too friendly for so obvious a mutant as himself, but at least Lightning Force wasn't on his tail.  Eventually, though spottings were made so that Wolverine decided to go out and see if something weird had happened, like his Kurt had come back from the dead.  What Wolverine found was nearly as stranger but he, more than most, knew how hard it was to struggle for redemption and accepted him into the team.  Which has been a little weird, socially, since everyone expects him to be that other person and while there are some similarities there are also considerable differences . . .