Ever wondered how many goats you were worth?

Started by Astre, May 20, 2014, 05:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yukina

Mr L

Bamfy directed me to this quiz and I did it on her computer (or more accurately, read the questions and options and she clicked :P ). I got 9 as well :)
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

cptBacon

Nine. Nine goats. Aside from what the site tells me, I have no idea what that means.
A super detailed introduction to me:
O/O

My current stories:
The Art of Seduction | Grey Skies
Along for the Ride | She Let Herself Go

AffablyEvil

Quote from: cptBacon on June 05, 2014, 12:12:07 AM
Nine. Nine goats. Aside from what the site tells me, I have no idea what that means.
It's a reference to how in the bible/middle ages, people would trade their daughters or men for goats. So if you're worth 9 goats, it means your family would get 9 goats because they find you beautiful enough and able-to-work enough for you to be worth that much.

At least I think that's what it refers to.
Night gathers, and now my roleplaying begins. It shall not end until dawn. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die by my posts. I am the writer in the darkness. I am the author beyond the fourth wall. I am the creative fire that burns against the uncreative chill, the warm light that eases hearts, the pen that wakes the sleeping thoughts, the text that feeds the imaginations of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Roleplayer's Guild, for this night and all the nights to come.

And so my writing begins.

MiraMirror

Your goat worth is:
9. You're almost the coolest guy around!

I...I beg to differ. >:/
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

avorae

9. You're almost the coolest guy around!

[Not sure how that happened but I'll take it.]
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Lisbeth

9 Goats,  'Almost the most beautiful girl here.'
I have returned from a long hiatus due to personal reasons.  Apologies for the unplanned absence.

O/Os & Braindump
Requests

Stella

Nine goats. I hope they're aggressive, can-eating, people-chasing goats.

KitsuneKisses

Aeryn Zaher

As a man I am worth 9 goats, but as a female only 7.
Something seems off.

Oniya

I figure that there's a bit in the code somewhere that assigns certain characteristics as 'desirable' in women and 'undesirable' in men, and vice versa.  (Pfeh!)  If your answers were identical other than gender, that would probably account for the difference. 

(I do know some people who behave quite differently when they are presenting as their preferred gender as opposed to their biological sex, or when they are in 'male state' as opposed to 'female state', and would therefore have different answers for each.  I don't know if that fits with your situation, though.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

HannibalBarca

QuoteNine goats? At my age?

Indeed.  At 45, if I am worth 9 goats, then someone is finding me quite the valuable commodity.  May I ask who she is, and where I can meet her?
“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

scribus1000

I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Belle33

Does anyone else object to 28+ years old being referred to as 'the desperate years'? (the desperate years)

I'm 36, I've never felt desperate, and I got a 9 goat valuation. 

Ons/Offs, Stories & Poems, Currently Not Available for RP

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Belle33 on July 04, 2014, 05:53:15 PM
Does anyone else object to 28+ years old being referred to as 'the desperate years'? (the desperate years)

I'm 36, I've never felt desperate, and I got a 9 goat valuation.

Yep, I agree, Belle.  :-*

Nine goats for me too, but I felt a few of the questions were inane or lacked any answer I could honestly stand for (hard to avoid with a test like this one, I guess...). The "Your sweetheart falls off the cruiser ship" dilemma is a really strange one - not least because they didn't come up with a reason the others must die if you jump in and save him (how about "you've managed to get into a lifeboat on the Titanic, the ship is sinking and the lifeboat is so full that one more person entering would pose a serious risk of the lifeboat becoming unstable - then your partner comes swimming after you, struggling in the water: will you urge the others to take him in or do you watch as they fend him off with stakes and deny him the right to live?")  :-(

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

TheGlyphstone

I am apparently the only person here worth 7 goats.

EDIT: Though once my degree becomes a job, that will improve my value by 2 goats.

Dhi

There's a house out in the country here that keeps goats on the land, and I try to always take that road, because wow, goats! How often do you see goats just doing their thing?

A couple of years ago I met a peer who keeps goats on his farm. He had so many stories to tell about those animals, it was clear that they brought him a lot of joy.

I consider being worth 9 goats to be no small honor. It is the highest compliment anyone has ever paid me.

himawari

QuoteYour goat worth is:
9. You're almost the most beautiful girl here.

>///< i am an awesome goat.
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Himawari’s Fields of Ideas

Moon Hound Hati

Quote9. You're almost the coolest guy around!

Almost? Grrrr!! :P
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

Dys Astyr

Quote10. Marriage material. Natalie Portman, is that you?

Can I keep the goats and not get married?
Alive! Trying to catch up but there is a lot, please be patient! Thank you. <3

Euron Greyjoy

So I'm worth nine goats so at least when I'm kidnapped, I'm worth keeping alive.
"The Devil is in the details, and that's where you'll find me."

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

"There is no such thing as status quo when it comes to relationships. You either come closer together or drift further apart."

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=209937.0

abandoneddolly

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: abandoneddolly on July 22, 2014, 04:00:31 PM
8 goats and a brother

In other words, your brother is less valuable than a goat. :D

Marchoisas

6 goats... oh wel. I never considered myself a wedding material, I'm stil a bit too wild for that!  ;D
Danger only makes things more fun!

Reached my limit of active RPs, so... efective now, I'm no longer available for more RPs until further update. Sorry peeps!