Exiles [Freeform, Superhero; UN]

Started by indarkestknight, September 08, 2009, 02:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indarkestknight

First thing's first: players are not, in any capacity, required to be familiar with the Exiles comics. In fact, it might make things more interesting for you if you aren't.

So, for those of you unfamiliar with Exiles, the basic concept is this: thereis something wrong with the multiverse, and six heroes from alternate universes have become unstuck in time. If they remain in their native timelines, something terrible about their past or future will change. Maybe they kill their mother. Maybe they end up in a coma. Maybe they turn to evil. Maybe they even cease to exist. To save themselves and each other, they must travel through the multiverse, fixing universe and setting things right so they can undo these errors and eventually return home, guided by the Timebroker and the mysterious device known as the Tallus.

This game is open for six characters and six alone. All comics universes are welcome (DC, Marvel, Image comics, Top Cow, etc.), as are AUs (Vampire Batman? Sure. A male wielder in a long line of male wielders of the Witchblade? Be my guest. The child of Emma Frost and Scott Summers? Go for it.). Canon characters and OCs are both welcome. Even characters from non-comic media can be played, though they'll require my review. The one stipulation I put down is that the characters submitted must be heroes, anti-heroes, or, at absolute worst, anti-villains like the Secret Six. No out and out villains. That's a different team, and one you may run into eventually.

So, who's game?

Kolbrandr

indarkestknight

Presumably freeform, unless everyone wants to do system.

Empyrean

I'd be interested in this game if you're still going to run it.

Tankou

I like the sound of it though I would like to ask a few things.

What are the power limits? Can someone make a character that is comparable to a kryptonian in power, provided they have drawbacks and weaknesses?
I am wholly without knowledge of the exile comics though I have been a DC fan for a while, and I know enough about marvel to be competent in the teams and stuff.

Olivia Nope

I'm interested in this too... although I'd probably want to at least have a minute sense of what others are planning on doing before committing to some character, because I could probably find a dozen or so that appeal.  :)

Gladiator0161

I've got a couple Ideas for some custom made heroes but, I can play Heroes from Marvel too if that makes you uncomfortable.

I like your idea for this RP, I'm game if you'll have me. :)

Empyrean

Syrorder: I'm kind of thinking of merging Shadowcat and Shadow King's powers to make my homebrew character, and maybe go grim anti-hero with it but that's just a preliminary idea. :)

crimsonoctopus

Definitely interested in this. Possibly interested in playing as Nightcrawler. You always have to have a teleporter on your team. And the great thing about this is that a hero can die or be terminally injured and they'll just be replaced!  ;D
“A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" - Albert Einstein

My O's & O's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=43536.0

Jecht

Got anymore room? I want to be a Captain America similar character. Also, so I understand, are we all stuck in one place and we trying to get back? I'm kind of confused about that. Sorry it's late.
In my restless dreams, I see that town... Silent Hill. You promised you'd take me there again some day... but you never did. Well, I'm alone there now in our special place... waiting for you.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Empyrean

Gladiator0161

Would still like to get in this if it's still a go :)

I've got an idea for a technopath if that's alright, that way I can be kind free with suit abilities and come up with stuff on the spot.

Though I am still preplanning :)