Kunoichi School - [All Female, Recruiting]

Started by MissFire, December 20, 2014, 05:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissFire

The year is 2277. Just over two hundred years ago a martial artist by the name of Tomoe Gozen discovered how to manipulate and use chakra. Chakra, once thought to simply be a spiritual concept that revolved around points of energy flowing through the living organisms, turned out to be science fact. Tomoe was able to mold this hidden energy within herself, use it communicate without speaking, to move great distances in an instant, and display amazing strength. She intended to spread this knowledge and use this gift to bring peace throughout the world. She was quickly met with two stumbling blocks.

Block the first; the ability to use chakra was only found in women. No man, no matter how strong or determined was not able to harness this energy. Spiritualists and scientists still do not understand why. Even within the female population, only roughly one in ten thousand are able to control this inner energy. Even fewer have the potential to use it to the same level that Tomoe demonstrated.

Block the second; those Tomoe taught did not always readily take to the way of peace. With such power in hand, many of her early students took to combat and quickly began dominating the battlefield as mercenaries, soldiers, and assassins for hire. They found students of their own and spread the teachings along, turning what was meant to be a beautiful gift into an art of war. This was the invention of real ninjutsu and the Ansatsuken, the "assassination fist" school of combat.

So it was that Tomoe Gozen realized her mistake.

Si vis pacem, para bellum. If you want peace, prepare for war.

To combat the corruption of her art and defend those that would be harmed by it, Tomoe developed ninpo and Jukenpo, the "gentle fist". She founded Falling Leaf Academy on a secluded island and brought her most trusted pupils in to teach a new generation of female ninja, of kunoichi. The academy has lasted these last two hundred years, it's battle against the Ansatsuken never ending. Even after Tomoe's passing, her teachings still continue. The agents of Falling Leaf are spread throughout the world, watching, listening, waiting for word of promising young women with the ability to mold chakra. Those that show promise are delivered invitations with directions to the island. The letter self-destructs minutes after it is read. If the reader has memorized the directions properly, they may find the island, but the tests do not end there. To even begin to receive the teachings of Jukenpo, one must first find the school and that is a task in and of itself.

And then there are the teachers to contend with.

You have just arrived on the island with a small group of other young women. You have all been chosen for your talent and the students that can make it to the academy will be formed into a brand new team, a new kunoichi fighting squad, to study under the masters, to learn the ways of ninpo, to fight against those that would use chakra simply for their own selfish aims. 

Do you have what it takes?

Kunoichi School is a small females-only game set in the future, combining a modern world with martial arts and ninja. The goal of this RP will be to take a small cast (four to six total) through the tests that get them to the academy, then follow the group as they get to know each other, learn to bond as team, and struggle with their training on the way to becoming fully fledged kunoichi. After the initial 'getting to the academy' portion of the game we may do some time skipping, to move the girls from one year to the next as they develop, both as fighters and as friends (or lovers). This game is for you if you're looking for some character building, some action, and a little bit of romance tossed in with a dash of lust. We'll play heavily to story, character development, and action - but what's a girl's-only retreat without a little romance? So if you think this sounds interesting, please post here and let me know! I am always open to ideas and helpful comments.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Crash

Miss - Female only players or female only characters or both?

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

MissFire

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Crash

I'll pass it along to those I know that would be interested!

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Sessha

This is an interesting setting. I'll toss my hat in.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Wolfy

Saaaame...Seems very interesting. :3 I can whip up a female character for this.

AndyZ

I had a shadow-type that I might try to reuse for this.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Crash

Reia

This sounds lovely, I'll keep my eye on this for whenever you're ready to start receiving characters.
[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

Mysterica

This game sounds wonderful.  I may have to think something up for this when it develops a little.

AndyZ

MissFire, there might be some confusion or you may have just changed your rules.  Are male players allowed to play female characters in your games?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

MissFire

- Sima Yi

MissFire

Name: Shan Shih Shen
Nickname: The Green Breeze
Appearance: Addt'l Image 1, Addt'l Image 2, Addt'l Image 3, Addt'l Image 4
Personality: Aloof, Determined, Haughty, Perfectionist
Chakra Specialty: Air
Primary Weapon: Katana
Secondary Weapon: Martial Arts

Short Bio: Shan Shih Shen is the second scion (after her brother, Shen Shih Shen) of Shen Security Systems, a global leader in both physical and electronic security. Being a member of one of the most influential families has it's perks, and Shan received some of the best education and training that money could afford. While being spoiled may have left her a bit entitled, it hasn't made her lazy. She is obsessed with living up to her family name and the honor it holds. Shan strives for perfection in everything she does, and nothing will change now that she's at Falling Leaf.

Shan is an extremely skilled swordswoman and has all but perfected Santoryu (lit; Three Swords Style), a self-developed style in which she wields three swords at once - one in each hand and a third controlled by her chakra. She combines this with equally astounding skill in another self-developed style she calls Resshūken (lit; Fissure Kick Fist), which relies on fast footwork in order to focus on fending off enemy attacks with weapons or hands and using the legs to counterattack with powerful kicks. While extremely talented and having undergone formal training for much of her life, Shan lacks real combat experience and has not been exposed to much competition with others.
    - Sima Yi

Teo Torriatte

Quote from: MissFire on December 21, 2014, 10:49:19 AM
Female players only in this game.

I'm still trying to understand why some people do this. There have been writers of all genders I may not want to write with again, but I've never chalked the problem up to their gender. I've played with male writers that have played better female characters than some of the women I've written with. Sorry if this is the wrong place to bring this up, but I'm just very puzzled.

MissFire

I just felt like changing things up a little. If it's not to your tastes I understand and wish you the best of luck, but this is my game so I'll recruit how I see fit. I hope you understand.
    - Sima Yi

Blue Nova

Just dropped in to see what this was and saw that its Females only, which is totally cool, MissFire has every write to want to have an all Female game. Its a free forum, so even though I don't necessarily agree with her opinion, I would stand up to defend her right to have it. Good Luck with your game MissFire! ^_^