High Life [SR5] All welcome, room for freeformers

Started by AndyZ, August 10, 2015, 01:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

Yeah, trying to have freeform or SR4 Shadowrunners going on missions is only going to cause a host of problems.  It could work really well outside of missions, though, just as friends and allies.

HopeFox, I'll have to see about getting a messenger program with you.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

kckolbe

So I've got my guy nearly finished.  Very high body score, above max, but has essence 4 due to cyberware, so his magic isn't great (since essence hits affect magic).  He has the skills to be part of a spy team and inflitrate in plain site (forgery, some con), and has enough sneak to get by, but isn't anything special.  His high defense is an asset.  I would like some advice on weapon.  He has agility 4, and enough points for a 6 in whichever firearm he uses.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Drowdeviant

Quote from: kckolbe on August 11, 2015, 07:36:56 PM
So I've got my guy nearly finished.  Very high body score, above max, but has essence 4 due to cyberware, so his magic isn't great (since essence hits affect magic).  He has the skills to be part of a spy team and inflitrate in plain site (forgery, some con), and has enough sneak to get by, but isn't anything special.  His high defense is an asset.  I would like some advice on weapon.  He has agility 4, and enough points for a 6 in whichever firearm he uses.
At what range do you think he'll typically fight at? Short, medium, long, extreme?
My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

kckolbe

With his high body and armor, I can't imagine him being anything but short or medium, though really depends on the team comp.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Drowdeviant

Quote from: kckolbe on August 11, 2015, 07:44:51 PM
With his high body and armor, I can't imagine him being anything but short or medium, though really depends on the team comp.
Well mine is likely gonna fill a part time sniper so I'm long to extreme cause of the mods available(I might get her a winchester and have her do target practice from the the roof by shooting cans put by the front gate. :3) Really how close of quarters are we're operating in will determine how she fights( heavy weapons will not be seeing much use)
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

kckolbe

So based on all that, what would you recommend for my char?

Intro Thread

Sorrow Singer

If there is still room for players i would like to express my interest.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: kckolbe on August 11, 2015, 08:35:43 PM
So based on all that, what would you recommend for my char?

Does he have high strength? If so I would say machine guns, melee weapons(chainsaws and highlander claymore) and cyber weapons(especially the junkyard jaw), and shotguns...so basically close to medium.

If not then shotguns, chainsaws, monofilament whips and assault rifles...so close to medium still.

What kind of armor will he have?

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Sorrow Singer on August 11, 2015, 08:38:54 PM

Ask andy sorrow.

kckolbe

Quote from: Drowdeviant on August 11, 2015, 08:50:06 PM
Does he have high strength? If so I would say machine guns, melee weapons(chainsaws and highlander claymore) and cyber weapons(especially the junkyard jaw), and shotguns...so basically close to medium.

If not then shotguns, chainsaws, monofilament whips and assault rifles...so close to medium still.

What kind of armor will he have?

Strength 2.  So with assault rifles, they all seem forbidden.  How big a deal is that? 

As for armor, probably just the jacket and helmet, but he gets +7 armor from orthoskin and bone lacing.

Intro Thread

Drowdeviant

Quote from: kckolbe on August 11, 2015, 08:54:35 PM
Strength 2.  So with assault rifles, they all seem forbidden.  How big a deal is that? 

As for armor, probably just the jacket and helmet, but he gets +7 armor from orthoskin and bone lacing.
Well strength 2 doesn't mean assault rifles are out of the question. Use heavy and machine pistols along with shotguns as well and I think you'll do fine. You're built like a tank after all. ;)

Wait which jacket? Armor jacket or lined jacket?

kckolbe

That's 3 different weapon skills.  Not a big fan of machine pistols, so I guess I'll just go with heavy.

Intro Thread

kckolbe

Intro Thread

Drowdeviant

Quote from: kckolbe on August 11, 2015, 09:17:05 PM
That's 3 different weapon skills.  Not a big fan of machine pistols, so I guess I'll just go with heavy.
Pick what you think fits him the best.

AndyZ

Quote from: Sorrow Singer on August 11, 2015, 08:38:54 PM

We should be able to fit a few more.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Sain

My build is almost ready too. Didn't come out with the numbers I would have wanted, but think it'll work still :/ Can't link here because my doc has my name and this is part of public forum, but I'll start looking pics and finalizing fluff. Those genitalia mods look pretty tempting if only to create a futa or install poison dart firing weapons in them  ;D

Summary: the character is this crazy melee machine that is capable of cleanly decapitating two goons a round (sometimes four depending on init score). All of the ware on him/her that is detectable is legal and only cubereyes (which will likely be made to look just like normal eyes) will even hint that the chara has any ware as most of it is bioware. Okay social skills, awesome driver, capable in stealth and athletics. Basically has just enough social and subterfuge to get by though they're not the main lure. Can do both close and long range combat with assault rifle and melee combo.

Questions:

1. I noticed that for both race options at B (for when taking AAABE) you bleed one extra point of edge out, can I puts it in there if I buy the appropriate lucky quality or is that 1 point forever lost?

2. Luxurious lifestyle is that 100 000 nuyen bulk sum per month. Want us to pay that before chargen or can we start on last days of rent or something similar?
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

AndyZ

Admittedly I'm not doing a great job of keeping track of who is playing what.  Still, since we won't all be one big group, it's not necessary for people to be completely disparate; if we have two hackers, for example, they'll just not go on runs together.

Quote from: Sain on August 12, 2015, 12:33:40 AM
1. I noticed that for both race options at B (for when taking AAABE) you bleed one extra point of edge out, can I puts it in there if I buy the appropriate lucky quality or is that 1 point forever lost?

For human/elf?  Seems fair.  Just take Lucky then.

2. Luxurious lifestyle is that 100 000 nuyen bulk sum per month. Want us to pay that before chargen or can we start on last days of rent or something similar?

Hmm...

Do people want to all waive the Luxury costs and just say it's set but that you still have to go on runs, just nixing out that particular cost?

If we do that, and people have already paid for a Lifestyle, it can be set up as a safehouse in case things go crappy for a while.

kckolbe

I always like having to deal with money, personally.  I say treat it like gear and account for the cost.  Individual luxuries can be dismissed, maybe.

Intro Thread

Blobbe

Quote from: AndyZ on August 11, 2015, 06:28:28 PM
Yeah, trying to have freeform or SR4 Shadowrunners going on missions is only going to cause a host of problems.  It could work really well outside of missions, though, just as friends and allies.

HopeFox, I'll have to see about getting a messenger program with you.

Fair enough. Won't waste your time any further then

Muse

I'm working on the idea of a satyr girl—Shanna Wainwright.  Fairly young—maybe still a teen depending on how I spin her—but very fit and very lucky. 

The idea is that her father Greg “Red Dot” Wainwright—an orc adept—was a very successful runner who did work for Dunklezhan and later the Draco Foundation.  He saved money for a retirement for himself and  family. 

Not long after the Year of the Comet, her Greg went missing, leaving Shana with a trust fund and a few tutors.  Greg didn't want his daughter to go into the business, but he was an ork.  Even though his daughter had recently become something else, something a little less weird, he knew she would have trouble fitting in and have violent passions, so he made provisions. 

Though very curious about her father, Shana tried to honor his wishes.  She focused on athleticism, the arts, and education.  She took her martial arts and her magic very seriously.  She didn't like the way some people treated her—the way a lot of people treated others who were different even less. 

Boredom sent Shanna out and about a lot.  She did parkour in the old parts of town.  She danced at clubs, fought in underground fighting rings. 

It was when security camera footage of a run showed what looked to be her father in the middle of a gunfight that she broke into Running, wanting to know if he was still alive and—if he was—give him a good hoof in the face for letting her think he was dead! 

A   Magic
A   Atributes
B   Satyr
C   Skills
C   Resources

Advantages: 
20   Lightning Reflexes
5   Mentor Spirit: Dragon Slayer
15   Trust Fund (High Lifestyle +1,000)

Important sKills: 
Artisan, Gymnastics, Unarmed Combat (Taekwondo)
Assensing, Astral Combat, Counterspelling, Ritual Magic, Spellcasting,
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Sain

Kind of on the fence with that lifestyle question. Free luxury is tempting, but I also like counting money in these kinda games. Don't mind that much so long as we can support luxury lifestyle with the missions.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Kimmy

Quote from: AndyZ on August 11, 2015, 03:44:26 PM
Kimmy: how well does the princess actually understand the dragon?  I can see a few different ways for this to go, but the motivations of the dragon probably won't follow the expectations of simple vengeance. 

Giving a little bit of OOC info, I would imagine that your character is now going to be manipulated by said dragon behind the scenes now that you've been honed into a proper tool.

Shes being manipulated before she's even written up... And has a black knight already to protect her! A perfect princess indeed. *whirls* I'm so happy to inspire! That's where the beauty in everyone's writing comes to life!

For the dragon, I had forgotten that Shadowrun actually has real dragons. I was imagining a half-dragon type from D&D. But he could be a real dragon if you like (or any other metatype for that matter. It was story semantics. Apparently there are real pixies & centaurs! So shiny!). I expect her dragon will keep a very close eye on her & her parents - probably even hiring our team just to test & mess with them (& probably also hiring the team that will betray/interfere in our mission). I expect devious plans & stealthy things like discovering that her online friend & contact is actually a puppet for the dragon... Despite being the one who helped them defeat the dragon last mission... Or something else totally evil.

I imagine her parents as owning a large corporation or perhaps one approaching an A or even AA rating. Something on it's way up but not a name most would know outside of business circles. So they have more nyuen than you'd care to imagine. But it's not really about their money at all. Their on the verge of becoming a name that everyone knows. And they can't afford mistakes. Especially bad PR - they can't afford to have an embarrassing daughter, especially one that cares absolutely nothing for the corporation... What's nyuen when you have that special person that matters to you most?

I imagine I'll have to buy the biggest contact you can just to represent her parents. And give them the biggest flaw I can think of as well. Calling her parents would probably result in the next mission being to break out of their custody & regather the team somehow. And then dealing with the upset Mrs Johnson from the last mission or even redoing that mission or worse...

I'll post up a sheet or at least some of one tonight/tomorrow.
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
A&A           RL Issues: Some Insomnia.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

AndyZ

I'm good with it being a dragon unless some other PCs have some preference against having a dragon taking an actual interest in the protags.  If we go with a dragon, though, I'll let you have the parents as a plot device contact for free.  The two should about balance out overall.

Though I do need to know what could cause two people to upset an actual dragon enough to want vengeance...

HopeFox

Quote from: kckolbe on August 11, 2015, 07:36:56 PM

I think you can't go past the Ares Predator V for this situation. (Or any other. Ares Predator. Accept no substitutes!) It's got damage 8, and can be given 3 points of recoil compensation via gas venting. It only fires in semi-automatic mode, but that will let you fire a semi-automatic burst on one action, then Take Aim and fire a semi-automatic shot on your next action, without taking any recoil. It's also fairly concealable, being a heavy pistol. Importantly, it uses the Pistols skill, which means you can also use other pistols, such as light pistols or even holdouts when you need something ultra-concealable.

If you were less stealthy and infiltration-based, I would recommend the Ares Alpha assault rifle, but that uses the Automatics skill, and really, if you only want to spend points on one combat skill, that skill should be Pistols.
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?