News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Call

Started by Lyrus, April 21, 2009, 02:41:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyrus

AN EROTIC REMAKE OF THE WELL KNOWN HORROR MOVIE ...

... THE CALL

There is a very popular running gag among teenagers, that there is a certain video you watch, and in seven days, you mysteriously disappear. The rumour goes the video comes in the form of a plain CD that looks like one burned from the internet or some other CD or program. After one watches the movie, viewers receive a strange call, a sweet, seductive voice whispers, 'Seven days'; no one sees them ever again after seven days have passed. This has become known as 'The Call'.

----------

THE STORY:

Heya! Anyway, anyone who read that could easily tell it resembles the horror movie, Ringu, or it's english adaptation, the Ring, alot. The plot will deviate off from the original track though. Basically it's a strange mix of erotic horror, or, more accurately, erotic darkness. In order not to ruin the plot I have prepared and laid out, here's what you need to know should you be interested. I will be playing two roles, one is the role of the mysterious caller and antagonist, the 'Caller', the other, a striking male teenager who seems to know more about what's going on than he lets on.

Several teenagers have apparently won some sort of contest that has spanned from the internet to magazines and lucky draws (Letting for a wide range of reasons for your character to have appeared), the prize? A luxury seven days six nights vacation on a holiday resort island in the Caribbean with all expenses, ranging from food to entertainment, paid for and provided. Who wouldn't want to go? The only strange 'catch' is, the tickets only provide for the entire vacation, plus tickets to get there via luxury boat, but not tickets to get back. No matter, you can always buy the return tickets! A small price to pay for such a vacation!

Unknown to these excited teenagers planning to come on the trip however, a darker secret lurks in this seemingly flawless vacation.

---------

WARNING: SPOILERS

Ten years before the events of what will be our current story and role-play, there was an attractive woman married unhappily to her husband. Her name was Sarah Fletcher, married to Professor Sean Fletcher, a man who neglected all around him for his work. At the American university where Professor Fletcher worked, the Ministry of Education decided that they should send a representative to Japan - the hardworking Professor Fletcher was selected. He and his wife moved to Japan, and life was the same as usual, with the Professor ever neglecting his wife and only focusing on his work. A subordinate was assigned to the Professor, a dashing young man who was training to be a teacher, Fujiawara Tanaka.

One day, the Professor came home with the avid Tanaka to discuss teaching schedules with him. When Tanaka saw Sarah, he was immediately smitten with her, and Sarah - curious. All throughout the meeting, Professor Fletcher was clueless to the attraction of his wife to his subordinate. Eventually, one thing led to another, and Sarah and Tanaka's relationship developed to the point of no return. Spurred on by ectasy and the feeling of cheating on her husband, Sarah Fletcher told Professor Sean Fletcher one day that she was homesick and wanted to go back to visit her relatives. The Professor agreed. A few days later, Tanaka sent in a letter stating he was going to the USA on an educational trip.

Though humble and trusting, the Professor was not stupid - initially suspicious of the constant absences of both Tanaka and his wife, he decided to check up on his wife. After doing some research and investigation, he realised Tanaka and Sarah were both bound for the same location - a holiday home in Los Angeles. Flying over to the US himself the Professor witnessed his wife engaged in sexual intercourse with Tanaka as he hid in the washroom and spied on them. Enraged, he returned to Japan, and when his wife came back, he beat her brutally and severely. In tears and pain, Sarah sought Tanaka's help, and together, they escaped from Japan and to a holiday resort in the Caribbeans. Once there, Sarah worked hard to get Tanaka a green card to work and live in the US, however, one day after returning home with the green card in hand, she witnessed Tanaka cheating on her - having sex with one of the young, curvy workers at the resort.

Despite her protests and screams, Tanaka overpowered her and sneered at her, mocking her, telling her she was nothing more than a tool he used. Engulfed in shame, rage, and seeking vengeance, but unable to do so, Sarah fell deeper and deeper into despair. Then one day, she promptly disappeared.

The next day, Tanaka and his new girlfriend both promptly disappeared as well.

Three days later, Professor Sean Fletcher vanished; he was last seen in his apartment.

And for the next eight years, strange things begun happening at the luxurious holiday resort Sarah and Tanaka had stayed at in the Caribbeans, until eventually, it was forced to close down as the police suspected it was part of a kidnapping operation. One year later, the hotel re-opens, and entry into it cannot be booked, but can only be secured in a series of strange ways, such as competitions, lucky draws, and so on. Another year later, the strange legend of the 'Call' surfaces on the interne and other sources, prompting many to sign up for the lucky draws and so on. Odd disappearances are described as kids running away from home and the like.

The holiday resort seems strangely deserted, but how does a resort function without staff? It is private property, so the police have been denied the right to investigate as well...

... Solve the mystery, or succumb to it ...?

TIS NEITHER RAPE NOR ABUSE
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires
Ambitious Group Roleplay!

FlaminGlory

I'm rather interested in this.

Cosmo_ac

I am as well interested.  I wish to know more.

Lyrus

Good to see people interested in it. ;P - Updated with a bit of the backstory. Basically, as with the events of the Ring, when you enter the resort, everyone will first watch a group video - The 'Call' CD - and then strange things will begin to happen, not involving death, but it is a mix of consensual and non-consensual acts...

IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

Oniya

I was initially worried this might be a char-death game (which I'm not up for), but since it isn't, color me intrigued.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Lyrus

IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

DizzyP

I'm very interested.  I just hope we don't have to be virgins to survive.   :P

Lyrus

That, is an interesting question! ;P
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

kylie

This sounds interesting, although I'm always a little iffy on plots where there will be "some nonconsensual" but who knows what kind.  Has some potential to squick people halfway in. 

And I'm still a little confused about the relationship between the video and the island.  The timing doesn't sound quite right.  See the video and then go to the island, or go to the island and see the video?  It's not a big deal (unless it is a big deal for the sake of the story, such that no one understands it for a purpose).  But makes me slightly dizzy at this stage.

Lyrus

Go to the Island, then see the video. :3 - Sorry for any confusing stuffs.
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

DizzyP

What if you see the video and you are not on the island?  *Just being a bitch now*

Lyrus

You are somehow pressured into going into the Island. :3 - Will explain more in depth in the RP.
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

kylie

Cackles!

That does sound a bit silly...  But the answer was intriguing, in itself. 

Runs off and scrawls up subplot about an agency circulating a pirate copy of the video!
Nyuk.

kylie

So Lyrus, you want all the characters to be teens? 
(I don't particularly mind, but I notice that rather locks down the possible age range of the cast, for Elliquiy.)

Do you care what sort of background they come from?  I'm actually partial to Japanese myself and will probably drum one up, if that flies. 

Although frankly, I don't know of any cases where Tanaka is a first name.  And there are Fujiwara's, but there seems to be an extra "a" in there.  Alternate universe Japanese?  Heh.

Lyrus

Tanaka refers to a name from origin which means 'the first field', an uncommon first name. :3

Yes most of the characters will ICly be teens, due to the nature of competitions and it's ilk, but those older finding their way in is fine as well, as long as there's a rhyme and reason for it.
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

Oniya

According to the site rules, it gives us a range of 16-19 for the actual teenagers.  I suppose it's not impossible that there will be older people on staff perhaps?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Lyrus

:3 - There's actually no-one on the Island save for random 'illusions', you can be older if you wish, as long as you had a reason for entering the competition. 'Eg - Sloth', etc.
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

Oniya

I'm perfectly happy playing a 17-18 year old.  ;D

kylie

Quote from: Lyrus on April 25, 2009, 11:57:36 AM
Tanaka refers to a name from origin which means 'the first field', an uncommon first name. :3

You did make this up, right?  Honestly, it's kind of giving me a headache.  It's such a common surname that you hear it everywhere, and to hear it as a first name is really grating.

DizzyP

I'm already thinking I should play a Tomboy.... American(Or european) Tomboy I'm not good at Playing Japanese. 

PreciousPetra

You have grabbed my interest which is not an easy thing to get-trust me  O:)

kitten

sound intriguing  >:)
O&O - Intro - A&A - Elluiki
~ Avatar: Victoria Frances' Angel de la muerte ~

Lyrus

Huzzah! Might need to balance it outand get some guys though.
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

DizzyP

Hehehehe why even bother with guys?  WE all know why we watch slasher films.   :P

Lyrus

IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

TheWriter

Quote from: Lyrus on April 25, 2009, 09:13:33 PM
Huzzah! Might need to balance it outand get some guys though.
I can help you there, at least.  Color me interested.

Lyrus

Woo! K, perhaps a few more guys, or should I open the character thread already?
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

DizzyP

I say open a Character Thread

Lyrus

True words. I might as well open the character thread soon, right after I'm done with ... pending ... issues. Computers. Why must they go wrong when you most need them?
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

Moth

I'm very interested in this game as I love murder mysteries, eroticism, and horror. This sounds like a pleasant combination of all. And if you need more guys, I'd be more than happy to play one. Just let me know what you need and I will anticipate its commencement.
Current goal: Invent the concept of Apollonian fucking and Dionysian discourse.

Interests

Lyrus

Fantastical. :3 - Now to get that thread open once this PC starts working.
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

Lyrus

And here's the character thread, do sign up if interested. :3

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=37415.0
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

Duchess

waw..I'm in this....keep me interested

LadySky

I find myself intriuged......
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Lyrus

IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

TheLivingWonder

Still open to characters?

Lyrus

Yep, anyone can join at this point, till I put the stop sign on. Hopefully about 6 people, excluding meself.
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

TheLivingWonder

Great, I'll see if I can't post up a character then by tonight. :)

Lyrus

IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

TheLivingWonder

I don't want to leave anyone in the dark so I think I'm gonna take a rain check on this one for now. I'll let you know if Im up for it in the future. Have fun you guys!

Lyrus

Okey. :3 -

Well I wonder if we're going to get any more joiners.
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

resonanteve

I'd be interested in this, if you expect it to run for a decent length.

Lyrus

That I do. Or, at least I hope so.

Feel free to sign up in characters!
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

resonanteve

Do you have a character thread up?

Lyrus

IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

MzNurse

I'm very interested, if you are still taking characters
Mz's O.O   Mz's Downtimes   Story Ideas  Open for a few new rps. PM me.

Lyrus

Yes, still taking, gladly so~
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires