Midnight Forest

Started by Jaydon, September 01, 2010, 07:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevben Battleheart

(My bad as well. I'd give you an excuse but there is a saying you could say I follow. "Excuses are the refuge of the weak.")

Octus just nodded his head at his new companions, glad to have found them at last. On a second inspection they still didn't look all that intimidating, one looking like nothing less than a pretty soldier who had never seen let alone fought in a fight once and the other a really worn looking traveler that was caked in mud. Octus knew though that appearances could be deceiving, but he still wouldn't trust the two of them until they both proved that he could trust them.

Before anthing else could be done or said screaming and howling could be heard and Edu went dashing out of the tavern to check it out. Octus sighed knowing that they were going to have a fight without even knowing what it was that they were going to fight, the howling basically telling him that they were going to fight something big, and he got up with his blade drawn and his left hand clenched tightly and followed after his companions. Once out the door, he wasn't surprised to see that they were fighting part-men, part-bear beast, reports had indicated that the creatures had been breeding like crazy the last several years, and he watched as they tore through the town a little and Edu charge to meet one head on. Watching grimly, expecting to see Edu fail and die, he was shocked when he had actually slain the beast. "Not bad," he muttered under his breath as he went towards one of the beastmen that was free, "but lets see if you can best a warrior of the Light."

The beast easily toward over him, but Octus had faced much worse than a beastman and he wasn't planning on being killed by one or running from one either. Taking his blade in two hands, once the distance was closed he swung and listened as the blade sung as its deadly arc brought it into the creatures arm and created a deep wound with blood already pouring out of it. The beast howled in pain and turn, swiping a paw as it turned to face whoever had struck it, and Octus raised his left arm in time to block it. The blow knocked him back a little and his left gauntlet had several small rents in it, but he was otherwise unharmed as he continued to fight the beast. Taking his sword in one hand, he began to strike the bear multiple times while dodging its own attacks until the creature was covered in its own blood as it tried to hit him.

It was only a matter of time though before the creature would bleed out, and Octus kept it busy until its movements were sluggish for him to deliver the killing blow. The bear tried to swipe at him again, leaving itself open as he took a step back and took his sword in two hands once more and charged at the creature. It had just enough time to howl at him when he swung his blade downward and cut the creature from the chest down to its hip and watched as more blood began to well out as it fell back into a bloody heap. "That's two down." Octus said, pointing out the obvious as he turned to face another of the beast when he was suddenly thrown into the ground. Rolling over, he saw that one of the beast had snuck up on him and tore several rents in his armor. Cursing, he quickly climbed back up to face the new threat.
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

Jaydon

((Hi Lypiphera, thanks for letting me know you'll be back.  I'll patiently wait your return, :) ))