Deception Bonus Round!

Started by Galactic Druid, March 31, 2016, 10:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Druid

Forensic Scientist: ThatRPGuy

Clues in Play:

Clue #1: Cause of Death - Suffocation, Severe Injury, Loss of Blood, Illness/Disease, Poisoning, Accident

Clue#2: Location of Crime - Living Room, Bedroom, Storeroom, Bathroom, Kitchen, Balcony

Clue #3: Victim's identity - child, young adult, middle aged, senior, male, female

Clue #4: Victim's Expression - peaceful, struggling, frightened, in pain, blank, angry

Clue #5: Sudden Incident - Power Failure, Fire, Conflict, Loss of Valuables, Scream, Nothing

Clue #6: Day this round started - St. Patrick's Day, Winter Solstice, Chinese New Year, April Fools Day, Earth Day, Thanksgiving

Player: Ryven
Guess Used:
Means of Murder Cards: Belt, scissors, hook, kick

Key Evidence Cards: Leather Bag, Briefs, Mobile Phone, Ice

Player: mia h
Guess Used:  
Means of Murder Cards: Smoke, Match, Crutch, Dumbell

Key Evidence Cards: Flashlight, Riddle, Syringe, Office Supplies

Player: Mint
Guess used:
Means of Murder Cards: Explosives, Metal Chain, Dagger, Injection

Key Evidence Cards: Documents, vegetables, Specimen, glue

Player: Madame Professor
Guess Used:
Means of Murder Cards: Pesticide, Pistol, Axe, Virus

Key Evidence Cards: Leaf, computer disk (like a floppy, viva 80s!), ink, candy

Player: yugi006
Guess Used:
Means of Murder Cards: Bury, Arson, Wire, Hammer

Key Evidence Cards: Gear, Fax, Flyer, Light Bulb

Player: Christa
Guess Used:
Means of Murder Cards: Starvation, Machete, Kerosene, Stone

Key Evidence Cards: Betting Chips, Spider, Nail, Lunch Box

Player: Remi
Guess Used:
Means of Murder Cards: Alcohol, Box Cutter, Chainsaw, Metal Wire

Key Evidence Cards: Eggs, Herbal Medicine, Prescription, Cockroach

A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Galactic Druid

Setup is Done! Roles Incoming!

Galactic Druid

First Clue, as well as the start of the game!!

Location of Crime - Living Room, Bedroom, Storeroom, Bathroom, Kitchen, Balcony

FS has chosen Storeroom.

yugi006

The first clue in the first post needs to be edited as it's not cause of death but location.

Galactic Druid

I'll just add to it. I didn't really see the need to remove it from the formatting I pilfered from myself since it's the one clue boards guaranteed to be in the game.

Galactic Druid

Let's get this moving a little...

Cause of Death - Suffocation, Severe Injury, Loss of Blood, Illness/Disease, Poisoning, Accident

Severe Injury

Clio

Are we allowed to start posting? Because everyone is being so quiet...
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Ryven

I think so?  Maybe?  Dunno.

Galactic Druid

Oh yes, definitely! Any time after the first clue is played you can talk!

mia h

Note to self : Bookmark the game thread next time.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Madame Professor

Well, those clues could apply to everyone... -makes shifty eyes-

All I know is, I didn't do it. I can't trust any of you! -pull the blanket up higher-
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Clio

Yeah. Storeroom could be a variety of things. Food, hardware, supplies...even alcohol. And severe injury is sufficiently vague as well.

Well, we're off to a great start! Lol.

Ryven

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.  We might have to wait for more clues to show up.

yugi006

There are a few things we can eliminate such as Mia's smoke, Mint's injection, MP's Pesticides, and Christa's Starvation.

I think those can be safely eliminated as means of murder.

Ryven

I think your Bury and Christa's Alcohol can be eliminated too.  There were better options for clues for cause of death for those two.

Galactic Druid

Victim's identity - child, young adult, middle aged, senior, male, female

The FS has chosen Young Adult

Mintprincess

Bookmarking! At soccer games.  Thoughts will come when I get home cuz it's too much scrolling on the phone, but quick glance on the first clue and someone should pull out all the things that match. 

Mintprincess

ok home! you guys were so actiony today!

Let's see:
Cause of Death: Severe Injury
Victim's Identity: Young Adult

Going to start broad, mostly with the Cause of Death and Murder Means first.  As always, I will continue to include myself like I did last game.
Ryven: scissors, hook,
Mia: Crutch, Dumbell  (crutch maybe would have been better with accident but going broad)
Mint: Metal Chain, Dagger (Chain maybe?  Probably that would be suffocation though.)
MP: Axe
Yugi: Hammer, Arson
Christa: Machete,  Stone
Remi: Chainsaw

Storeroom.... I'm not really sure exactly how that is going to help us?   I could probably pick out fifty percent of the words?  Someone else want to take a guess on that?   

I think we need at least one more clue. 

Clio

Quote from: Mintprincess on April 02, 2016, 08:16:55 PM
ok home! you guys were so actiony today!

Let's see:
Cause of Death: Severe Injury
Victim's Identity: Young Adult

Going to start broad, mostly with the Cause of Death and Murder Means first.  As always, I will continue to include myself like I did last game.
Ryven: scissors, hook,
Mia: Crutch, Dumbell  (crutch maybe would have been better with accident but going broad)
Mint: Metal Chain, Dagger (Chain maybe?  Probably that would be suffocation though.)
MP: Axe
Yugi: Hammer, Arson
Christa: Machete,  Stone
Remi: Chainsaw

Storeroom.... I'm not really sure exactly how that is going to help us?   I could probably pick out fifty percent of the words?  Someone else want to take a guess on that?   

I think we need at least one more clue.

Yeah...these clues have been vague.

Severe Injury can be almost any of them, with the exception of maybe the pesticide and virus. And the storeroom was obviously an important clue since he did it first....but I have no idea what it could mean. That's super vague. And the young adult just confuses me more. I'm going to wait for another clue.

mia h

Not sure about Arson, wouldn't that be Suffocation?
Also the Kick and Explosives would closer to severe injury than anything else.

Mintprincess

I guess I was thinking burns from the arson fire would be severe injury.  Didn't think about smoke inhalation.

Add kick and explosives.   And we have a loooong list to get through.  Does storeroom or adult eliminate any of those assuming they are about the means?

mia h

Quote from: Mintprincess on April 03, 2016, 01:59:29 AM
I guess I was thinking burns from the arson fire would be severe injury.  Didn't think about smoke inhalation.

Add kick and explosives.   And we have a loooong list to get through.  Does storeroom or adult eliminate any of those assuming they are about the means?
Well I'd put match under suffocation, and match and arson are pretty much the same clue, as is Kerosene.

Ryven

Quote from: mia h on April 03, 2016, 01:37:47 AM
Not sure about Arson, wouldn't that be Suffocation?
Also the Kick and Explosives would closer to severe injury than anything else.

Arson is more likely to be severe injury or accident since Smoke is actually a means of murder on the board, and there's really no other way to die from smoke other than Suffocation.  I agree that Match would be very close to Arson only in the fact that it would cause Severe Injury, but Kerosene can technically go either way between Severe Injury and Poison, but the easiest way to explain Kerosene would probably be Severe Injury rather than Poisoning.

Remiel

All right.  The problem here is that, as always, we don't know if any given clue is meant to refer to the means of murder or the evidence.  Guy is typically savvy enough to know that we're going to assume the first couple of clues are going to refer to the weapon; subsequent clues, however, could be anything.

So here's what I've got:

Storeroom and Severe Injury -
Ryven: Scissors, Hook
Mia h: Match (burnt to death?), Crutch, Dumbbell
Mint: Explosives (can't get more severe than blown apart), Dagger
MP: Pistol, axe
Yugi: Arson (see above), Hammer
Christa: Kerosene?
Remiel: Box cutter, Chainsaw

To me, "Severe injury" indicates either some sort of dismemberment or blunt-force trauma.  Objects that impale/cut would probably go under the category of "Loss of Blood".   The Store room, obviously, is the clue that RPG felt strongest about, because it was the first clue that he gave.  Unfortunately, it doesn't really narrow down the field very much.

Victim's Identity - Young adult

Ryven: Scissors, Leather Bag, Mobile Phone
Mia: Dumbbell, Riddle
Mint: Glue?
MP: Computer Disk, candy?
Christa: Betting chips, Lunch box?
Remiel: Alcohol, Herbal Medicine, Cocktail

The items in italics are the ones that I feel are the weakest/most of a stretch.  I don't know that "Scissors", "Candy", "Lunch Box", or "Glue" would apply to Young Adult as much as Child, and an old 1980s Floppy Disk would definitely seem to point to Middle Aged or Senior.

Mobile Phone, Dumbbell, Alcohol, and Cocktail seem to be the best hits here.

Ryven

You could argue Office Supplies and Prescription for Young Adult.  I know several people my age and younger who either work in an office or take prescription drugs regularly or both.