Dante's Inferno, Contemporary version. (Interest Check)

Started by OHWceta, April 17, 2012, 03:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OHWceta

I'm thinking of doing a contemporary version of Dante's Inferno, involving a few people being dragged into hell.

The Question is, how will they end up in Hell? Soldiers in the Iraq/Afgani wars? School Shooting? Terrorist attack? other? I'm open to suggestions.

I plan to include many references to dead historical and famous figures, some which may be...controversial. If anyone has any particular person they want to include, let me know.

Guarenteed:
Hitler
Several U.S. Presidents (I'm not naming who yet)
Lee Harvey Oswald
John Wilkes Booth
Benedict Arnold
Stalin
Terrorists
Several popes and bishops
Notable Serial Killers
Vlad the Impaler
Napoleon Bonapart
L Ron Hubbard
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Neysha

Quote from: OHWceta on April 17, 2012, 03:49:10 PM
I'm thinking of doing a contemporary version of Dante's Inferno, involving a few people being dragged into hell.

The Question is, how will they end up in Hell? Soldiers in the Iraq/Afgani wars? School Shooting? Terrorist attack? other? I'm open to suggestions.

I plan to include many references to dead historical and famous figures, some which may be...controversial. If anyone has any particular person they want to include, let me know.

Guarenteed:
Hitler
Several U.S. Presidents (I'm not naming who yet)
Lee Harvey Oswald
John Wilkes Booth
Benedict Arnold
Stalin
Terrorists
Several popes and bishops
Notable Serial Killers
Vlad the Impaler
Napoleon Bonapart
L Ron Hubbard

Might be interested in giving it a try, depending on the presentation.
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

OHWceta

I'm likely to offend some people when I reveal which U.S. presidents I'm including, though if you are faint of heart you wouldn't be playing Dante's Inferno and descending into the deepest reaches of Hell, would you?

I decided to remove a few recently (and not so recently) dead celebrities from the list though as not to disrespect the recent dead (some people it's just too soon).
Though if anyone demands they be included, I'll return them into the roster.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.

Neysha

Quote from: OHWceta on April 17, 2012, 04:08:41 PM
I'm likely to offend some people when I reveal which U.S. presidents I'm including, though if you are faint of heart you wouldn't be playing Dante's Inferno and descending into the deepest reaches of Hell, would you?

I decided to remove a few recently (and not so recently) dead celebrities from the list though as not to disrespect the recent dead (some people it's just too soon).
Though if anyone demands they be included, I'll return them into the roster.

Well like Dante, we should focus on figures in history who truly stand out in most cases. One the RP gets rolling, I'm sure we can delve into details though and more minor historical characters.

Plus I'm assuming that this Hell is from a general "Christian" viewpoint like the original Dante's Inferno epic.

As for faint of heart, well it depends I've never actually read Dante's Inferno myself so I'm not sure, but it'll be interesting to see the encounters... though some would be rather curious when it comes to being an erotic RP. :p
My Request Thread
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

OHWceta

Lust should be an interesting circle.  ;D

I just played the videogame, pretty good BTW.

I,m pretty sure most people agree on Hitler and Stalin and their place in history. U.S. History will be the most expansive edition not in the old version. Civil War figures will be among the biggest historical wrongdoers.

As for Christian, in regards to mythology, yes. But many popes and priests have found themself in Hell. The crusades actuallt being considered an act of wrath as opposed to a holy quest

rachelongaku

Haven't been here in years but I'm in need of a good distraction!

OHWceta

I'll need a few more people interested before I post up character sheets and get into more details.

I'm still also taking requests for what historical figures or celebrities people want to show up in Hell.

Neysha

Quote from: OHWceta on April 25, 2012, 11:15:52 PM
I'm still also taking requests for what historical figures or celebrities people want to show up in Hell.

Not exactly ones I want to see show up... but more of my concept of what kind of people might be in each level of Hell. Though again... looking over the list... some of them are quite open to debate as to being in Hell. Also tried avoiding naming anyone you had named OHWCeta.

Lust:

Marilyn Monroe
Lord Byron
Emperor Ibrahim I
Jean Jacques Rousseau
Emperor Montezuma II

Gluttony:

Amy Winehouse
Judy Garland
Jimi Hendrix
Michael Jackson
Caligula

Greed:

Henry Frick
Jay Gould
Kim Jong Il
Francisco Pizarro
King Leopold II

Anger:

Karl Marx
Andrew Jackson
Nathan Bedford Forrest
Reinhard Heydrich
Osama Bin Laden

Heresy:

Muhammad Ahmad
Hong Ziuquan
Alice Auma
Thomas Muntzer
Jim Jones

Violence:

Enver Pasha
Ivan the Terrible
Hiram Maxim
Tamerlane
Prince Yasuhika Asaka

Fraud:

Heinrich Himmler
Leon Trotsky
Charles Ponzi
William Tweed
Ferdinand Marcos

Treachery:

Muhammad II of Khwarezm
Mata Hari
“Tokyo Rose”
Elijah Muhammad
Francisco Franco
My Request Thread

OHWceta

I was going to say Michael Jackson but as recently dead I wasnt sure if it'd be too soon. I'll have to look some of those people up.

BTW, who was is that said thew Beatles were more popular than God? Was that one of the surviving Beatles or one of them who's dead now?

So are you in for the RP or just interested in discussing who is where in Hell?

Neysha

Quote from: OHWceta on April 28, 2012, 11:25:55 PM
I was going to say Michael Jackson but as recently dead I wasnt sure if it'd be too soon. I'll have to look some of those people up.

BTW, who was is that said thew Beatles were more popular than God? Was that one of the surviving Beatles or one of them who's dead now?

So are you in for the RP or just interested in discussing who is where in Hell?

I'm in for the RP. :)

And yeah... I suppose I can add some wiki links to the entries. And again, not all of them would be appropriate for an RP of this nature, and many of them tend to be of a controversial nature regardless, especially some of the recent deaths.
My Request Thread

OHWceta

True, but descending into the bowels of Hell isn't exactly for the faint of heart anyways.

So, anyone got ideas for a setting prior to getting sucked into Hell? Or Ideas for why our characters get sucked into hell?

JDrew Spider

*pops in*

Perhaps they were dragged to hell for doing something really messed up?
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

OHWceta

Well, then there would be no hope in leaving.

The journey to hell was part of a quest in Dante's inferno. He wasnt condemned to hell for his actions.

JDrew Spider

Okay, then the reversal. I havn't read Dante's inferno  in a long time, but if it's a quest then it's something to do with self discovery right? Maybe all these people that are dragged to hell have something in common? Something they need to realize about themselves before it's to late.
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

OHWceta

That would work.

We still need a setting.  We'll see how things go when we get our characters in place.

JDrew Spider

A setting?

Like a diner in the middle of nowhere? A University filled with diverse  students, staffers and faculty? or...a group of occupants stuck/stranded in the forests/woods?

Spider Hole
Apologies

Roleplay Frog

The concepts people come up with... as Laveyan satanist I'm not sure if I should be showing interest or snickering.

JDrew Spider

Spider Hole
Apologies

Roleplay Frog

One slightly insane appearing snickering interest display coming up.

OHWceta

Anyone have a vote on a specific setting for our characters?

JDrew Spider

Spider Hole
Apologies

Roleplay Frog

I vote for something happening soon. I'm a fantasy type but wasn't this stuck to real world?

summoner2183

Looks interesting... let me look at this closely first before I decide anything.

OHWceta

Quote from: Deva on May 04, 2012, 06:17:49 PM
I vote for something happening soon. I'm a fantasy type but wasn't this stuck to real world?

Yeah, this is all real world. Though certain myths are included, especially from other religions, like I know centaurs guard one of the layers of hell, and I know medusa, cerberus, and the minotuar are in hell.

rick957

Hi, I'm not here to express interest in joining (although it sounds like a wonderfully-unusual RP concept) -- I just saw this

Quote from: OHWceta on April 28, 2012, 11:25:55 PMBTW, who was is that said thew Beatles were more popular than God? Was that one of the surviving Beatles or one of them who's dead now?

and thought you might enjoy an informative link.  Or two.

Yeh, someone around here's got a little much free time on his hands ...   ::)