Make war, not love.

Started by Ajoxer, April 01, 2006, 04:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ajoxer

Or, if at all possible: Both!

I'm thinking that, just for the sake of seeing if I can improve concentration alone, I wish to GM a combat- and possibly some smut- based DnD game.

During combats, trying to get a minimum of one post a day from each character, unless they're on vacation. For the purpose of said vacation, if you DO need to be away from the computer for a sizeable amount of time, preferably each character having a small blurb titled Tactics, for a guide to their basic combat behavior when being NPCed. Characters can be anything from the core books, and if you want something elsewise, just IM me with a description, I'll check it out, and being a shmuck, will probably allow it. Start at level 1, peaceful interaction with NPCs will probably be quite light, more likely to involve hostile relations with monsters and NPCs, feel free to be as detailed in the party as you want, we'll see where it goes. Dungeon crawl style. Mainly, as a bit of stress relief- Because everyone needs to spend some time kicking ass and getting tail.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Creeper

YES!

I mean, you have my interest, friend!
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

Ajoxer

I'm probably looking for 4-6 characters. Oh, and, uh, if you've ever heard of Hengband? This will be like that, except dramatically less lethal. * goes into flashbacks of the damn jabberwock on level 1.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Ellyssa

Ooh. What sort of theme? Or where is it based? :)

Ajoxer

The theme? Essentially, Fightin' an' sex. Thinking of a real stress relief type game, the PBP equivelant of Diablo 2. To keep things moving is why I have the tactics and such ideas there. >_>
Where it's based? Eh, generic Greyhawk style world.

CirclMastr

Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

WarDragon

I'm interested.  Put me down as a blaster-mage.  Maybe.

Ellyssa

Sounds good. :) I'll let others decide what they want first.. but count me in.

Creeper

I'd probably be a druid, or a monk.

Ajoxer

Also, just in response to a little quirk: Careful about the pretension in the character history. The chosen one of the dwarves has better things to do than hack goblin women and children down for their copper pieces. ^_^

Creeper

So, relatively normal folks, kicking ass, crawing dungeons, and buggering anyone remotely attractive, yes?

Ajoxer

Sounds about right. www.netbook-of-uck.net I may include the use of the feats and such from this- Some thoughts for it if I do, because this will only have sex as mostly an aside: Prowess is free to increase, and you get one erotic feat per regular feat, I'd say. If it ends up being unbalanced... Ah, hell, more power to ya.

Ajoxer

Tentative Cast List:
Creeper, Half-Orc Barbarian.
Wardragon, Warlock.
Ellyssa, Unknown
Circlmastr, no class yet.
Hunter: Elven Ranger

Ellyssa

Maybe not a paladin, will see how first. Not sure about the netbook's classes and stuff yet, still got to read through it, and no clue what you just said re Prowess. :)

Ajoxer

Check out the link and the online guide, check new skill Prowess. Essentially, how good you are at boinking people.

May make some changes to the Prowess rolls for streamlining things.

Creeper

changed my mind, going to be a barbarian. Are you going to be making changes to half-orcs?

Ajoxer

Such as? None in particular, though I believe it has been stated that Half-Orcs ARE one half size class larger in the, ahem, lower sections in the Netbook.

Creeper

It was a reference to the fact that Half-orcs get the short end of the stick, stats-wise, both getting -2 to charisma and intelligence.

WarDragon

At least they're better off than half-elves (especially in a hack n' slash like this).

Ajoxer, do you have Complete Arcane?  I'm toying with the idea of taking Warlock for a spin.

Ajoxer

Aaaah. Well, for the purpose of this game... Let's say they don't get the -2 penalty to Charisma, for the sake of having a bit of animal magnetism. If it doesn't work out, GOD SHALL SMITE THINGS. And lemme check Warlock out...

Hunter

I'd like to be cheesy and make an elven ranger.  ^_^

Ajoxer

Just a warning, I think that full-blooded Elves have the unfortunate circumstance of having their junk a half size class smaller. Consider Massively Hung.

And yes, it seems like the racial " sizes" are mostly for humour. I shall play it as such.

Ellyssa

Ajoxer

I'm thinking that we should probably go for the 18, 16, 14, 12, 12, 10 style. The type I've usually seen as a standard- 'Heroic', I think.

Hunter

*holds up hand*  Half drow ranger.   ;)