Pathfinder: Pirates & Mercenaries [Closed]

Started by Silver Phoenix, October 14, 2016, 08:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver Phoenix

After a vicious civil war, the losing (but still powerful) royal crown loses to the ursurpers.  Facing persecution and the assurance of grim tortures, the deposed King Arlan decides to upend and set sail across the great ocean with his heirs, and whatever wealth and loyal retainers he still has: his destination, the nameless and mythical lands across the vast ocean discovered only decades ago.

Countless mercenaries are brought to help them conquer and tame the new land, with gold and the promise of a new start and favour with the regime once established.  On a cold autumn morning, the grand fleet of over 300 ships set sail.  The month-long voyage was not without its mishaps however, and less than a third of the massive armada reaches across the tempestuous seas, after being ravaged by fierce storm of supernatural potency - the survivors of which all obtained peculiar silvery-white scars.

Now, as the remnants begin to sight land, the goal is to set up a semblance of civilisation and survive dangers of this strange new world.

Welcome to Pathfinder: Pirates & Mercenaries!  For those of you just joining us, welcome!  For those of you already here, recruitment is now open and characters are now being considered.  For those of you who are familiar with the Pathfinder adventure paths, this will be a bit like Skull & Shackles (50%), Kingmaker (30%), and Giantslayer (20%) mixed together.

Generally speaking, this will entail exploration, adventure, survival and social interaction.  Self-sufficiency (within a group) would be the key concept, so magic items are either scavenged or crafted by PCs (given a lack of settlements).  There won't be any 'higher destiny' or 'ancient conspiracies' so to speak - characters become whatever they can grasp with their hands and carve with bloodied swords.  I'm aiming for a rip-roaring, swashbuckling, pulpy feel to the game, with grandiose, larger-than-life characters - the story mainly focused on the exploits of the PCs themselves - fighting, cursing and adventuring by day; roaring songs, emptying flagons of wine, and wenching by night.

The Player Charter
If accepted to play in this game, the following code of conduct is expected:

• Respect other peoples preferences, preferably by following their O/Os like scripture.
  • Play nice with your fellow players, even if it means breaking character a bit.  Even if your character is Evil, screw over NPCs, not your fellow PCs.
  • A good solid post of 1 solid paragraph is expected (4 - 5 sentences), unless the GM has dispensed otherwise.  Although I know some of us like to be really creative, I'm going to say cap it at 3 paragraphs (see it as a challenge!).
  • Lengthy absences (exceeding 4 days) should be noted ahead of time in the OOC.  I'm hoping for at least 2 posts/week/player, but will expect at least a minimum of 1/week/player.  Players absent for a whole week get zapped out of existence by way of their Scar of Destiny (obtained in the above-mentioned storm), but can make a reentry as and when they choose (but please do consider your fellow players.)
  • GM decisions are final.  I follow the rules as close as possible, but will always prioritise keeping the game moving.  If my overriding the rules disadvantages your character somehow, rest assured that you will be compensated.

Character Building Guide
Important: Before you start mechanically start building characters, the first step of character submission will be presenting a general outline of the character you intend to play.  In one or two paragraphs (three max), distill the most important elements of their appearance (pictures are good, but describe them anyway), backstory (i.e. anything that will impact the present), personality (what other can expect), sexual orientation, and what role you foresee them when working as part of a team.  Use a separate paragraph to detail your hopes for the game and what you'd like to accomplish in it.  If your character gets approved, you may then begin to build him/her using the outlines below (I wouldn't want to waste your time otherwise).

• Custom Rules: Background Skills, Automatic Bonus Progression (ABP at Character level)
  • Ability Score Generation: 20 points buy allocation.  Maximum ability score of 15, before racial adjustment.  Bonus of +2 to any ability score of choice (including racially modified scores).
  • Starting Level: 6th; characters are veterans in their field.
  • Races: All Standard.  All others are on a case-for-case basis.  Generally speaking, most Featured races should also be fine.
  • Classes: Any official Paizo material.
  • Alignment: Any.  But keep in mind the Player Charter!
  • Hp: Max at 1st level. Half die (3 for d6s, 4 for d8s, etc...) + Con mod at all subsequent levels.
  • Traits: 2.  No drawbacks.
  • Starting Wealth: 8,000 gp (reduced for above-mentioned ABP; if you have traits or some other feature that gives you money, fair game.)  Full-casting classes who want a more expensive, class-related item (such as a staff for a wizard/sorcerer), can obtain one item valued at not more than 16,000 gp (i.e. 8001 - 16,000) - after purchasing this item, they have 100 gp left for personal effects.
Anything missed, feel free to bring it up.

Edit: Final selections will be on Sunday 23rd October and will be considering all until that day.

PLAYERCHARACTERSTATUS
Mister UglyNathan BilliardPending
BlinkinTari GravanteOn the muster!
Latooni Subota      Adelheid WeberOn the muster!
tyr4n02rZephyr ErkinOn the muster!
SnakeSyraPending
indarkestknightSableStandby
Zaer DarkwailTravisOn the muster!
MuseElora ShaielOn the muster!
ChaoticSkySarah KilaraiOn the muster!
TheGlyphstoneSalethar Shul-Skal-Ashali      Pending
Mister UglyTitch TradokzOn the muster!
My O/Os: Elliquiy, F-List

Current Game Capacity: 11/11; Full

Silver Phoenix

Thanks for the interest guys! I'm thinking the PCs are veterans, so it would be at around 5th level.

VonDoom

I'm interested in Pathfinder specifically, this sounds like an excellent opportunity to revive my gnome-raised elven investigator. I'll post some details on the character once I'm home, where I have his write-up available.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Blinkin

Could I nudge that into PF 6th level? ;)

lol

I don't mind 5E, but I find that Pathfinder allows for far more versatility in builds and expression of the character... I like the background options of 5E, but even with all of the options, everyone seems to be pretty much the same within a class... two rogues are going to be pretty much the same in capability, two fighters or bards, pretty much the same in what they can do.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Relikai

If its PF I'll have some trouble. Am more leaned to the 5E portion  :p

Silver Phoenix

Quote from: VonDoom on October 14, 2016, 10:39:34 AM
I'm interested in Pathfinder specifically, this sounds like an excellent opportunity to revive my gnome-raised elven investigator. I'll post some details on the character once I'm home, where I have his write-up available.
Will look forward to it.

Quote from: Blinkin on October 14, 2016, 10:40:05 AM
Could I nudge that into PF 6th level? ;)

lol
No objection in theory. Any particular reason? (just curious)

Quote from: Relikai on October 14, 2016, 10:41:09 AM
If its PF I'll have some trouble. Am more leaned to the 5E portion  :p
I'd like to make promises, but I guess we'll have to wait and see where the rides go

Grizzly

We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

Relikai

I can always try, I do understand some elements like being the more detailed but still prefer 5E  ::)

I did win a copy of There Be Goblins from the Pathfinder Society too  XD

Revelation

I'd be interested in either edition! 5e is probably simpler but PF allows much more robust options, character wise.

VonDoom

I'll teach you to find the path, Red!  O:)

Tho' it may lead through terribly tentacle-troubled territories...  >:)

O&O

Chulanowa

It'd be interested in Pathfinder. 5E is a little... limited in options. And you're already basing hte concepts on Pathfinder, so let's go with htat.

VonDoom

Here's the old concept I was interested in reviving:

Edmund Aelvson, Wizard Extraordinaire!
Edmund Aelvson, Elven Investigator

http://circushof.com/glossary.html

Known Associates:
The Moonglow Circus Troupe
Scratch Moonglow, male Gnome Illusionist. Ring Master and Edmund's foster parent.
Zhree, female Goblin Alchemist.
Lod&Yod, half-elven acrobat twins. One male, one female, otherwise identical. Both Rogues.
And many more, including the freak show, a fortune-teller, a fire-breather, a strong man….

Personality:
Edmund Aelvson. Self-declared master wizard. A loquacious wonder, showoff extraordinaire and pathological liar, he is highly intelligent and verbose. Edmund has taken to the grand dramatics of the circus and made them his own, adopting a rather eccentric appearance and mannerisms that make all but certain he stands out in any locale he deigns to visit.

He has a penchant for lying whenever he opens his mouth and the very wizard-like  ability to think himself the smartest person in any given room and talk down to others accordingly.

All of this can make him rather obnoxious, but as a born showman, his actions are as much intended to entertain as to confuse those he intends to take advantage of. His keen wit often allows him to pick out who might be amused rather than annoyed by his antics and those he makes his allies.

His own motivations are as one might expect: he likes to soak up attention, he likes to feel clever and is quick to apply his skills and mind to try and solve problems presented to him, assuming that he feels doing so is to his advantage (of course, considering how he thrives on attention, it's surprisingly easy to motivate him).

A strong penchant to travel and curious streak have turned him into an adventurer -- wealth and a magical trinket or two are a strong lure as well, he isn't altruistic by any means, but he generally prefers to avoid or circumvent danger than face it -- when he has no other choice, he tends to err on the side of bluster: talking a lot and acting like he has little if anything to fear.

Background:
Found alone and taken in as an infant by a wandering circus, the Moonglow Circus Troupe, the young elf was raised by their ring leader, a kindly gnome named Scratch Moonglow. It was he who gave him his name, Edmund, though the wizened gnome often called him his 'elf son' instead -- Edmund used this as a point of inspiration to adopt the moniker 'Aelvson' when he took to traveling later in life.

As Edmund grew older it became painfully obvious that he lacked the magical talent of his brethren despite his particularly keen mind, so after many frustrations trying to learn from his foster father he received tutelage from another member of their troupe: Zhree, a goblin and alchemist. It was she who awakened his interest in alchemy and the many applications thereof, even as he spent much time learning from the other members of their illustrious assembly - in time, he even perfected his own act, acting as secondary ring master during parts of their show and performing various 'magic' tricks that were anything but.

However, the wish set out on his own and see where his luck and wits might get him, grew stronger and stronger and eventually he decided to part from his rather odd family-replacement and set about traveling on his own. On his way, he tricked, swindled, bamboozled and occasionally even helped out those he met. Between then and the present, he collected all manner of oddities and a reputation for chancing on adventure.

O&O

Blinkin

Quote from: Silver Phoenix on October 14, 2016, 10:51:19 AM
Will look forward to it.
No objection in theory. Any particular reason? (just curious)
I'd like to make promises, but I guess we'll have to wait and see where the rides go

I don't have to have it, but it would let me give the character a little more versatility and depth without having to sacrifice something important in the mechanics to do it, and for most classes, 6th level is one of those dud levels where nothing really changes.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Blinkin

Well, since someone offered up a bio, I'll put up the one that I'm giving strong consideration to... Note, this is a character that I played, briefly, many moons ago and I would enjoy seeing where she goes with some actual play.

Tari Gravante

Name: Tari Gravante
Sex: Female
Class: Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade)

Physical Description: Standing at 5’7, Tari is a leggy woman with an athletic figure that none the less shows off soft, womanly curves. Her mass of thick, dark curly hair frames a heart shaped face that is dominated by large, intelligent dark gray eyes, a full, slightly pouty lower lip and a chin that stops just a shade short of being too stubborn. Her lightly tanned complexion and softly upturned eyes gives her an exotic beauty. She moves with the unconscious grace of a dancer; the sway of hip and smooth flow of leg is unmistakable when she crosses a room. Normally dressed in a cream colored tunic under a dark blue jacket that does nothing to hide the rounded mounds of her C cupped breast,, her leather pants are tucked into high, dark brown turned over boots; a weapons belt hangs low on her rounded hips with a rapier on her right hip and a matching dagger on the left.

Personality: Tari is a fascinating blend of outrageous flirt and bold, even reckless seriousness. If you’re a friend, you’re a friend for life and none other will be as loyal as she will. If you are an enemy… well… no one will be as loyal to the cause of getting even either. If you’re fun, you’ll get a time that you’ll never forget. In spite of her conflicting personality traits, she holds a set of morals and principles that can be absolutely depended on to hold true… exactly what those are may sometimes be in question, but never that she’ll follow them. She has a mischievous streak a league wide and a love of anything the least bit exciting and new… this can range from a new place to a new man (or woman) for a night of wenching and drinking… Hey, women can wench; they just call it something different! When the times call for seriousness, however, her mind is focused on whatever needs to be done and although she may trade witty comments and barbs with the opponent, she never forgets that it’s life and death… and she intends for her and hers to walk away with the life category. Often sweet and funny, she’ll happily sit down with the same “bad guy” for a civil conversation at a tavern simply because it’s the civilized thing to do and good conversation is good conversation… as long as the rules of courtesy are obeyed. Then, the next morning, do her best to best said bad-guy with her blades… unless the point of the fight isn’t to kill each other, but she’ll fight just as hard all the same… If you want to beat her, you’re going to have to work for it!

Background: Tari is the youngest daughter of Baron Phenael Gravante, and admittedly, the apple of his eye. Even though she continues to disobey him and avoid suitor after suitor with some skill, she knows that She would not inherit from the family and must make her own way in the world if she wants to be free.

Tari, following the example of her 4 older brothers, gravitated to the ways of the warrior and her fascination with the blade has led her to no small amount of trouble and, because she is a woman, an unorthodox method of training. When her father’s Man-at-arms refused to teach her, she went out on her own and discovered an old rogue who, for a price that shouldn’t be spoken of in polite company, taught her the ways of light blades; the dance of speed and movement, wit and thought... the dance of the blade for when many of her opponents will be larger and stronger than she is… to face anger with a sort of glee that is shown in the way that the tongue can taunt and tempt the enemy to act without thought… where her own body might be a lure to act without wisdom… to be bold and wait for the subtle moments. Along with the sword play, she learned much about the underside of the world and while she would never be a thief, she is aware of that profession and may have some small talent in going places that she shouldn’t.

Tari's primary role within the party would be as a mobile, light fighter; secondary roles would be as the girl who gets you into places that you shouldn't be in and hunter of traps... oh, and she's cute too, so don't underestimate her ability to charm!

Sexual Orientation: Tari is straight.... mainly and prefers the company of men, but in a pinch she can entertain a woman just as well.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ChaoticSky

Also interested. Only PF though.

Supplementary questions if you decide to use Pathfinder; Given the themes of this game can we use Background Skills? And how many Traits if any?

Blinkin

I would like general generation guidelines at all, but we're still waiting to see what we're doing.

Pathfinder, I would love a 25 point buy, background skills and a drawback option.

It'll take me a bit to do the character itself, but it's mostly adjusting numbers and revising the old character for an archetype.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

TheGlyphstone

Definitely interested. I'd prefer Pathfinder as well, but I could live with 5E.

Silver Phoenix

Welcome all! For the moment, it's strongly looking to be in the direction of Pathfinder as the sys of choice. I'm familiar with the optional systems mentioned and wouldn't mind using them.

I'll eventually get around to seeing what the build options would be.

Quote from: Muse on October 14, 2016, 02:12:05 PM
*peeks*  Am I too late to express interest? 
Since this is an interest check, never too late Muse!

TheGlyphstone

Latooni Subota

If Pathfinder, I'll give it a shot. My pirate cleric from Pathfinder Society could use some dusting off.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Mister Ugly

okay I am in as well I have a great idea for a ranger!! based on a lovely picture I found!!

>MU
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits"
Albert Einstein

What makes the ugly feel pretty ...

indarkestknight

Tentatively interested in Pathfinder. Batting around ideas (maybe half a dozen possibilities) without having settled on one just yet.

What level of firearms are allowed?

What sources are allowed? PRD only? Anything Paizo? 3pp?

Is the campaign setting Golarion?

Florence

Seems like you've got a lot of interest already, but I'd say I'm interested in this idea, sure.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Silver Phoenix

Quote from: Latooni Subota on October 14, 2016, 08:46:40 PMIf Pathfinder, I'll give it a shot. My pirate cleric from Pathfinder Society could use some dusting off.
Quote from: Mister Ugly on October 14, 2016, 10:30:22 PM
okay I am in as well I have a great idea for a ranger!! based on a lovely picture I found!!

>MU
Will look forward to seeing what they are.

Quote from: indarkestknight on October 14, 2016, 11:30:11 PM
Tentatively interested in Pathfinder. Batting around ideas (maybe half a dozen possibilities) without having settled on one just yet.

What level of firearms are allowed?

What sources are allowed? PRD only? Anything Paizo? 3pp?

Is the campaign setting Golarion?
Since it seems the consensus is more or less Pathfinder at the moment, firearms will be permitted.  I haven't decided as to what level yet, but I suspect I'll want to keep it on those listed in the Ultimate Combat supplement (think Pirates of the Caribbean)

I tend to work from the supplement books, but I will check the SRD online to see what's what.  Needless to say, high technology (a la Iron Gods) will be out (though I love that adventure path)

Quote from: Florence on October 14, 2016, 11:46:26 PMSeems like you've got a lot of interest already, but I'd say I'm interested in this idea, sure.
As I said to Muse, never too late for interest.  I don't think it will be on a first-come-first-served basis.

Mister Ugly

How much of a character did you want now? You have not settled on build ie points or die roll nor on level if beyond 1st.
Would you mind a half elf related to a noble family? An indiscretion by the Lord's Uncle, making her a cousin but of course not in any way in line for the title?

also how much starting gold since I have several very rp ideas for the character?

<MU

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
Albert Einstein

Silver Phoenix

I haven't decided on the exact build stats of characters yet as I'm still in the process of writing them over.  For now, just a bare-bones idea of the character (concept, history, and personality) would suffice.

Edit: Since this is a vast mercenary company, virtually any character type is on the table, but will look over on a case-by-case basis.

indarkestknight

If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion... If you're looking for an alternative campaign setting to Golarion (or for something you can append to Golarion)... Frog God Games' Razor Coast is a rich campaign designed for characters from 5th to 12th levels, mixing Pathfinder with a healthy dose of Pirates of the Caribbean & Polynesian flavor. It certainly sounds like it would fit the bill for what you're looking to run.

Cataclysmic Archangel

I'm interested, as well.  I'm very familiar with D&D 3.5, which I know is the origins of Pathfinder, so I can probably make something work that way.  I also have limited 5E experience, so theoretically I could do either one.  Will also depend on the group's overall size, because I have no idea how D&D'style games work at 10 people or more. :p

Silver Phoenix

Quote from: Arcannyx on October 15, 2016, 06:40:50 AMI'm interested, as well.  I'm very familiar with D&D 3.5, which I know is the origins of Pathfinder, so I can probably make something work that way.  I also have limited 5E experience, so theoretically I could do either one.  Will also depend on the group's overall size, because I have no idea how D&D'style games work at 10 people or more. :p
It's similar, though there are a few little differences that makes Pathfinder almost it's own thing (it's kinda like D&D 3.75), but I'm happy to offer pointers, if not other players as well!

I'm picturing a group of no larger than 6 players (with the expectation that there'll be drop outs due to whatever niggles may arise).  As long as there's 4 people in the game running at any given time, I'll keep forging ahead with it!

Cataclysmic Archangel

Fair enough.  Then consider me still interested.  Since I'm currently building a tank'y type for another 5E game, I think something more ranged would be better here.  Since you mentioned firearms, perhaps something in the dual-wielding pistol/gunslinger variety, if that's possible through PF?  I remember WoW made a 3.5 book and it was pretty easy there. :P

Edit:  Hey look, Ultimate Combat has a gunslinger. :)

Silver Phoenix

I imagine it would be - I've never specifically tried to build one, but wielding a gun in each hand should be easy enough; I'll just have to look at how the reloading works and get back to you.  Just as something to consider, bullets will need to be forged or manufactured - any gun wielder will start with a supply, but should consider eventually establishing means to make more.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Reading up on it right now.  I have a large supply of PF pdfs on my computer.  Just scratching the surface, but there is a Gunslinger class, there's a Pistolero archetype, and Gunsmithing is a feat.  Craft Alchemy will become my friend.  Don't even need to make a check, just raw materials for it and time.  :)

indarkestknight

Gunslingers even get Gunsmithing as a bonus feat.

The way you hand reloading when dual wielding guns in Pathfinder is by taking the Gun Twirling feat and Quick Draw, since you can draw and holster guns as a free action between the two.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: indarkestknight on October 15, 2016, 07:57:52 AM
Gunslingers even get Gunsmithing as a bonus feat.

The way you hand reloading when dual wielding guns in Pathfinder is by taking the Gun Twirling feat and Quick Draw, since you can draw and holster guns as a free action between the two.

Maybe I need to read more about reloading, but that doesn't seem to address that at all?

UC has 'rapid reload', which drops it down to a move action.

VonDoom

The problem with dual-gunslinging in Pathfinder was always that you need a hand free to reload, which you don't have while wielding two guns. Gun Twirling allows you to holster one of these as a free action, thus giving you that free hand. I wasn't familiar with Gun Twirling, mostly seen people drag out off-the-wall-solutions like a third hand via Alchemist multi-class and such.

O&O

Cataclysmic Archangel

Ah.  That would explain it.

It looks like before 11th level, the best I can do is 2 move actions, one for each gun, which makes rapid fire impossible.

Maybe I'll just make a mage. :p

indarkestknight

The only way other than Gun Twirling to reload when you have both hands full with guns is if you're a Tiefling and you take the prehensile tail alternate racial trait and pick up the grasping tail feat.

If we're talking about reload speed, I have good news for you and I have bad news for you. The good news is that Alchemical Cartridges have your back, dropping your reload speed from move to free. The bad news is they're expensive and they increase your chances of misfiring.

Because gunslingers target touch AC, even using Deadly Aim, they'll almost always hit... unless they misfire. Basically, Gunslingers are a high risk, high reward class.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Yeah, the more I look at it, the more it's a bit too much flash and not enough just to basically be a fancy archer.  So I'm not feeling it too much.

Still interested, just need to think more about characters.  The WoW book made it much simpler, there was Rapid Reload > Lightning Reload and those two feats were it.

VonDoom

You could have a look at the Gunslinger archetype that uses a crossbow. More traditional weapon with more readily manufactured ammunition while still taking advantage of the Gunslinger mechanics. Bolt Ace? I forget the exact name, something like that.

Some of the more hardcore PF-people say it's non-functional because it never specifies that it allows you to use most of the Gunslinger stuff with the crossbow when it says 'gun' in the feature itself, but ... that's a bit silly. The intent behind the archetype is pretty plain.

O&O

Cataclysmic Archangel

Found it in the SRD.

I feel like the ammo part isn't an issue, simply because the Gunslinger already can make his own ammo easy enough as long as he has the kit. (per rules, at least).  It was more the style factor at that point.  2 guns is an impossibility without revolvers or alch cartridges (admittedly I could take the skill set to make those, I suppose).

Once we're going with a crossbow, I could just as easily go with a rifle or some such, no?  Though if I'm doing that, style factor does think I might enjoy a crossbow more.  Ah, vanity.

Blinkin

One of the reasons that I dislike the gunslinger, other than it breaks the idea of a fantsy world for me, is that almost automatic hit thing and guns do a serious amount of damage for what they do.It's always been a bit of a broken class for me.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Latooni Subota

Channel some Trigun, and have a belt/bando/coat full o' pistols. Quick Draw! Pow pow! It's expensive, but pretty awesome.

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

VonDoom

Quote from: Blinkin on October 15, 2016, 08:59:32 AM
One of the reasons that I dislike the gunslinger, other than it breaks the idea of a fantsy world for me, is that almost automatic hit thing and guns do a serious amount of damage for what they do.It's always been a bit of a broken class for me.

They are good, yes, but that only makes them drag a little less behind full casters once the levels add up.

More guns is always a good option! Get a better gun to open with, then fall on backups if the fight drags on.

O&O

Cataclysmic Archangel

Nothing wrong with guns doing a lot, I'd say, for the same reasons VD offered; mages are way more powerful at high levels than other combatants.

However, I think the more I think about it, the less I like the idea.  I've always said that I wanted a chance to role play some sort of caster in a text-based medium, because it means getting a chance to actually describe how my spells look and act and stuff.  So I think that (provided there's room), I'd go that way.

I have a few ideas in mind, one of which would need a lot of GM work to make happen (which of course is why it's my first choice :p )

TheGlyphstone

Not hat 'being less powerful than mages' in D&D of any 3.x edition is exactly a hard bar to fit under. Even against regular archers though, they trade damage (no Composite Muskets adding +Str to damage) for short-range accuracy via touch attacks, and they suffer huge in ammunition costs. By the time Gun training kicks in at 5th level, they're paying multiple feats and/or even more money via alchemical cartridges just to be on par with an archer's rate of fire.

And guns are just so iconic to the piratical atmosphere, it'd feel weird to be in an explicitly pirate-themed game without them.

Latooni Subota

. . . I kinda want to use my half-elf exotic weapon proficiency alternate trait just to grab a pistol for fluff now. I mean, when the enemy gets past your minions, sometimes the cleric just needs to shoot someone in the gut. >.>

Cataclysmic Archangel

Rather than spam everyone with my never ending quest to make weird characters, I sent Phoenix a big long email PM with other ideas.

Silver Phoenix

Okay, so selection phase has begun and I've fixed the OP post with the relevant details.

Quote from: Arcannyx on October 15, 2016, 11:03:11 AMRather than spam everyone with my never ending quest to make weird characters, I sent Phoenix a big long email PM with other ideas.
Will look it over.

Mister Ugly

Nathan Billiard

Description: Nathan is a big man standing 6'3" and weighing in at 200 pounds and it seems to be all muscle. Bugling arms and broad thighs and muscled chest all hint at his strength. Yet Nathan also moves well, maybe not as graceful as an elf or some of those showy swashbuckler types but he is no lumbering ox. His hair normally is a deep black but these days he keeps himself bald and laughs that his brain is so smart it makes his hair fall out. Though his big hands are callused, they can be very gentle. For the ladies...well he has never had a complaint about being small where it counts. Han is heterosexual but has no problems with other sexual lifestyles. Growing up on a ship has shown him many different ways of being with someone. He just prefers the soft, sexiness of a female.

Personality: Nathan tends to be open and upbeat most of the time. He can brood though and these days has more to brood and worry about then ever before. Nathan tends toward being the watchdog for others. He is quietly alert almost all the time. Ready to step in if things get rough. Being the 'big man' has been problematic, at times, and he tends to let things slide off his broad shoulders. Nathan often says little instead he watches and listens though he can tell a tall tale with the best of them when he wants to.
A ready smile and laugh makes him seem friendly but Nathan lets few people get close. He has seen much suffering and had loss of those he cared about so now he finds it hard to allow someone to really get to know him.
'Han' to those that call him friend has several quirks. He collects scrimshaw especially older pieces. He likes the gemstone Alexandrite and has many pieces of jewelry with that stone in them. He likes how the gem shifts color in different light.

Background:
Nathan or 'Han' as his close friends call him has been called a bastard many times and he fully admits he is one. After all his ma and pa never married but then that is how it just was in the ship and culture of the ocean that he grew up in. Of course calling him a bastard in jest is one thing, call him that seriously and he will either put an arrow in your eye or cut you from neck to groin.
Nathan was born on the ocean in a mild summer rain, though he claims it was a raging storm, on a small ship that carried goods for the royals under charter. The 'Blue Star' was a fast ship and smartly sailed. There he grew up understanding the ocean and it's ways. Learning to track by the wing and clouds and to swim and use a bow and sword. Nathan grew up big and tall. Strong like is father and yet having a decent sense about things like his mother. He learned to be a sea ranger, a rare breed many would say yet Nathan understands the sea. Nathan had been helping on another ship on the voyage to the new lands, when the Blue Star was lost with all hands. His parents and siblings and family all perished. Nathan drinks a bit more these days and tends to be a tad bit darker and brooding.
Many claim his mother was fey touched and that he also is that way gaining something extra that most humans do not have. Nathan has raised a rare Blue falcon and now it has become his companion.

Hopes and desires: Han wants his own ship at some point as well as a good woman and a family. Close friends and good life of sailing and adventure. He is not the type to want something grand or to be the leader yet he is very capable of being just that sort of person.
Albert Einstein

indarkestknight

I find it somewhat ironic that we're going to be getting scars of destiny despite there explicitly being no 'higher destiny' involved in this game.

If we have more than one character concept we're deciding between, should we submit two separate applications? Or would it be preferable to poll the potential playerbase to see which concept they'd be more interested in having in the party?

Is there a submission deadline?

Silver Phoenix

Quote from: indarkestknight on October 15, 2016, 11:25:48 AMI find it somewhat ironic that we're going to be getting scars of destiny despite there explicitly being no 'higher destiny' involved in this game.
Believe me, the irony wasn't lost on me ::)

Quote from: indarkestknight on October 15, 2016, 11:25:48 AMIf we have more than one character concept we're deciding between, should we submit two separate applications? Or would it be preferable to poll the potential playerbase to see which concept they'd be more interested in having in the party?

Is there a submission deadline?
If the character concepts are radically different, make different submissions.  If it's just a reskin (e.g. same person, different class), note it in the same post.

I'm going to let this ride out for a week, so choosing date will be Sunday 23rd this month (got a full week ahead, so I may not be as active as I'd like), with launch being estimated on the 25th or 26th.

VonDoom

Hrrm. Will have to mull it over, since I'm not a big fan of the length limit.

One point I feel necessary to bring up, though: the potential bonus item for full casters that goes up to twice the wealth limit. That seems somewhat unfair, especially since single casters tend to be far less dependent on items to do their 'thing' to begin with. At level 6 they don't have a huge advantage on non-casters yet, but it's pretty much on the cusp of where that starts to happen. I'd recommend either simply removing that bit, or at least opening it to all characters if they can propose a suitable item of significance to their character.

O&O

Blinkin

Tari's adjusted for the application process, you can find her here.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: VonDoom on October 15, 2016, 11:38:57 AM
Hrrm. Will have to mull it over, since I'm not a big fan of the length limit.

One point I feel necessary to bring up, though: the potential bonus item for full casters that goes up to twice the wealth limit. That seems somewhat unfair, especially since single casters tend to be far less dependent on items to do their 'thing' to begin with. At level 6 they don't have a huge advantage on non-casters yet, but it's pretty much on the cusp of where that starts to happen. I'd recommend either simply removing that bit, or at least opening it to all characters if they can propose a suitable item of significance to their character.

I suppose if I don't know what you're talking about, I can't abuse it, but... huh?

VonDoom

It's in the character building part of the edited opening.

O&O

TheGlyphstone

Now that you mention it, that is odd. Mundanes are generally far more dependent on items, since their class features depend on gear and stats.

Blinkin

Question for the GM...

What terrain are the characters most likely to see?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

TheGlyphstone

Race question - I was considering using poisons, to complement the 'Lethal Chef' archetype I had in mind, but poisons are expensive. Can I use Vishkanya to partially mitigate that problem? Possibly as a native of the strange lands the fleet is sailing too, if it's too exotic to be native to the lands we're from initially.

Silver Phoenix

Quote from: VonDoom on October 15, 2016, 11:38:57 AMHrrm. Will have to mull it over, since I'm not a big fan of the length limit.

I did think about it a bit, but generally non-spellcasting classes will be getting the most out of the bonus progression (which will bolster any mundane gear they possess), whereas casters generally get just over half the benefit (boost to defensive abilities), but loose out on others.  Likewise, this is their chance to get a solid magic item of their choice (unless they invest in relevant creation feats).

Likewise, the effort is group-wise, as I don't picture this being a competitive sort of game.

Just one further thing to note for full-casters; effective preparation and choice of their spells will be critical for their effectiveness - half the survival problems faced by the group will not be from hostile enemies, but also the environment itself.  I generally will drop enough hints as to what half your spells should be; the other half will have to come from inference and a little bit of resourcefulness on part of the caster - this won't be a game where a spellcaster can get around on a full bevvy of fire and lightning.

Quote from: Blinkin on October 15, 2016, 12:15:41 PMQuestion for the GM...

What terrain are the characters most likely to see?
Forests, plains, mountains, and swamps in order of most frequent to least (for the immediate future at least).

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on October 15, 2016, 12:30:35 PMRace question - I was considering using poisons, to complement the 'Lethal Chef' archetype I had in mind, but poisons are expensive. Can I use Vishkanya to partially mitigate that problem? Possibly as a native of the strange lands the fleet is sailing too, if it's too exotic to be native to the lands we're from initially.
I can see them as acceptable; perhaps a far wandering exotic race from the east who hire themselves out as mercenaries to the war-riddled west...

The lands sailed to are virtually unknown and unmapped to everyone from the mainland - basically, the land that time (and everything else for that matter) forgot.

Mister Ugly

Quote from: Silver Phoenix on October 15, 2016, 12:39:41 PM
Forests, plains, mountains, and swamps in order of most frequent to least (for the immediate future at least).

It seems I may have jumped the gun a bit with the character concept. A ranger with favored terrain water may not be that useful to the party! No problem I can make the switch to a more sensible ranger type!!

MU
Albert Einstein

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Silver Phoenix on October 15, 2016, 12:39:41 PM

Just one further thing to note for full-casters; effective preparation and choice of their spells will be critical for their effectiveness - half the survival problems faced by the group will not be from hostile enemies, but also the environment itself.  I generally will drop enough hints as to what half your spells should be; the other half will have to come from inference and a little bit of resourcefulness on part of the caster - this won't be a game where a spellcaster can get around on a full bevvy of fire and lightning.

Hmm.  This both makes my current concept more challenging, and a bit more interesting.  While I wasn't thinking fire and lightning, he definitely wasn't a survivalist.  More like 'I'm stuck here with the rest of you losers'.

Silver Phoenix

Quote from: Mister Ugly on October 15, 2016, 12:51:30 PMIt seems I may have jumped the gun a bit with the character concept. A ranger with favored terrain water may not be that useful to the party! No problem I can make the switch to a more sensible ranger type!!

MU
I wouldn't abandon the concept entirely as there will be plenty of sailing and water-born environments.  I can see how I might have misunderstood Blinkin's question now, thanks to your observation.

What I should have said is that shore time will consist of forests, plains, mountains, and swamps for the immediate future when not sailing on their ship.

Latooni Subota

. . . Why am I suddenly making a strength-based dervish bard? @.@

TheGlyphstone

Vishyanka Ninja it is, then, all the exotic in one juicy poisonous package.

Silver Phoenix

Quote from: Latooni Subota on October 15, 2016, 01:51:40 PM. . . Why am I suddenly making a strength-based dervish bard? @.@
What did you originally have in mind?

Latooni Subota

I was going cleric, but I was idly looking at different pictures and such and suddenly BAM, dervish dancer archetype with a bloody scythe. My friend made a comment about pole-dancing and I giggled. I'm not sorry. :3

Cataclysmic Archangel

Been talking to Phoenix, and making the comment that I'm putting together a specialist wizard.  Sheet to come when I have more energy and time to throw together full Backgrounds and such.

Latooni Subota

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=978143

Name: Adelheid Weber
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Bard (Dervish Dancer)

Adelheid is a beautiful half-elven woman, standing at an even six feet tall. Her skin is porcelin-white, with hardly a blemish to it, her body svelte in shape with just a enough curves and lean muscle to draw the eye to her scandalously high-cut skirts and silky dancer's garb. Her hair is the color of spun gold and falls down to her pert bottom in loose waves, though is generally pulled up into a loose ponytail with tastefully 'messy' styling. Her features are sharp and somewhat exotic for King Arlan's realm, due to her father's far-eastern features giving her just a hint of something different to her eye shape and facial structure, despite her very western pale blue eyes. It's rare to find her without gold bangles and armlets, and the quality of materials she wears are always top-class, even her knee-length heeled boots! The most jarring thing about her appearance though has to be the MASSIVE warscythe she carried around, and incongruously frightening weapon for such a beautiful woman.

Adelheid is a native of the King Arlan's domain, an orphan raised in the capital city by the temple of Calistria. While it is a rare occurance for THAT faith to raise orphans, particularly exotic-looking children can find a home there. Adelheid grew up with the tenants of Calistria in her ears, and in fact joined the church as one of many Sacred Prostitutes, though she never heard the 'Call' of her goddess. Instead she was gifted with arcane magic, a subtle kind that fit in with her church's powers. Adelheid was always a fan of the warriors and knights that visited her though, and she was careful to learn more than a few tricks from them, eventually becoming strong and swift enough to protect herself. In the height of the war she protected the faithful of Callistria from invaders and supported flanking and hit and run attacks, at least until she was forced to flee with the others on the great fleet of ships. Ever-loyal to her kingdom, she decided to support them in their journey across the ocean.

If there could be one phrase to describe Adelheid, it would be 'Force of Nature'. While she carries herself with quiet confidence in passing, when she speaks or acts she pulls attention to her through her beautiful voice and sheer force of personality. Her bravery and social skills give her a 'larger than life' feel, as she gladly presses on in even the worst situations. Being a Sacred Prostitute of Calistria, she absolutely has a sexy and seductive side, and is more than used to using her silver tongue to get what she wants. Man or woman, elf or halfling, she really is open-minded enough to do what (or who) needs to be done to get the job done. Adelheid is a bit of utility, a hard-hitting hit and run kinda girl with a wide variety of useful magic and healing powers.

I don't have specific hopes for the game, really. I just really like the concept of the game, and want to have a lot of bloody great fun settling a new region of untamed wilderness and adventuring!

Mister Ugly

Quote from: Latooni Subota on October 15, 2016, 02:36:04 PM
I was going cleric, but I was idly looking at different pictures and such and suddenly BAM, dervish dancer archetype with a bloody scythe. My friend made a comment about pole-dancing and I giggled. I'm not sorry. :3

I am sure some ship somewhere has a pole you can dance around. Of course I would betcha there is a clothing requirement to do so [or lack there of   O:) O:) ]

MU
Albert Einstein

TheGlyphstone

Gragh. I wish I could just squeeze one more feat in somehow...I guess I can always use a Trick to get a bonus feat.

Latooni Subota

Looks like it's time to buy some Glamered armor. Not exactly big enough of a corset to have mithril chain sewn into it, eh? >.>

indarkestknight

May as well give everyone a heads up about what I'm considering.

Character #1 would be an Arcane Zorro, a magus using spell combat, spellstrike, and arcane mark... though Fencing Grace being incompatible with spell combat is really putting a damper on this. (I could use a scimitar and Dervish Dance, but... Zorro? With a scimitar?)

Character #2 would be a sword-devil ranger, using the new archetype written by Erik Mona for Red Sonja, which will be revealed this coming Wednesday with the release of Worldscape #1.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: indarkestknight on October 15, 2016, 03:49:20 PM

Character #1 would be an Arcane Zorro Sinbad, a magus using spell combat, spellstrike, and arcane mark... though Fencing Grace being incompatible with spell combat is really putting a damper on this. (I could use a scimitar and Dervish Dance, but... Zorro? With a scimitar?)

Fixed it for you.

Silver Phoenix

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TFcommando

Still room?  I've had a notion for a sorceress, blasty, fire elemental bloodline, a former noblewoman who has embraced the passions of her fiery side, or isn't bothering to hide them... Passions for the flesh and of using her powers freely.  Possibly a fully brazen nudist, maybe a BBW body type.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

ChaoticSky

I'm kinda curious about the kingdom we came from; what the region and culture was like, what sort of societal tropes were in effect, and so on. Did we aspire to peace? was knowledge valued? Did they revel in the streets? What sort of religions held sway? Were we vibrant or held by the weight of ages?

Or are we free to invent this sort of stuff for ourselves?

Silver Phoenix

Quote from: TFcommando on October 15, 2016, 04:39:44 PMStill room?  I've had a notion for a sorceress, blasty, fire elemental bloodline, a former noblewoman who has embraced the passions of her fiery side, or isn't bothering to hide them... Passions for the flesh and of using her powers freely.  Possibly a fully brazen nudist, maybe a BBW body type.
Feel free to pitch TF, as most of it is still concept work at this point.  I wouldn't recommend actually building the character unless yours get approved first, as I don't want to waste anybody's time.

Quote from: ChaoticSky on October 15, 2016, 04:40:39 PMI'm kinda curious about the kingdom we came from; what the region and culture was like, what sort of societal tropes were in effect, and so on. Did we aspire to peace? was knowledge valued? Did they revel in the streets? What sort of religions held sway? Were we vibrant or held by the weight of ages?

Or are we free to invent this sort of stuff for ourselves?
I think a certain amount of player creative freedom is okay.

My personal thoughts tend to run:

• Medieval-style kingdom, allowing for magic and that sort.
  • Was generally peaceful, at least internally, until succession became an issue.  Your characters are on the side of the generally acknowledged rightful monarch, whereas the usurper could have been the rightful monarch, if his claims could be verified.  Since the usurper didn't have a lot of support internally, he made deals with a lot of external enemies of the kingdom for the war.
  • The Kingdom had a sterling reputation (and good PR), but you could find the cracks if you knew where to look.
  • Religions holding sway being the typical Good and Neutral deities, with cults of the Evil ones here and there.
  • I'd saw most of the citizenry were proud of their kingdom and held themselves above others.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Name: Andrus (and if there’s more than that, he’s not telling anyone)
Race: Human
Class: Shadowmancer.  ‘Illusionist’ to those that don’t understand.

For those that see Andrus (when he’s not buried in his robes), he’s a moderately handsome man in his late 20s, who has the look of nobility about him.  He’s definitely the product of good breeding, and has the way about him that often makes it seem like he’s looking down his nose at people.  He’s pale of skin, suggesting spending too much time indoors, and his long hair is platinum blonde, almost silver.  Perhaps a touch of elven blood in his veins?  His eyes, however, are such a dark brown to be almost black, which contrast even more to his complexion.    Average height, a lithe build that suggests very little physical activity.  Of course, one can’t see most of that because of his penchant for heavy, dark robes, often with the cowl drawn up to hide most of his face.

For those that dared to ask, Andrus was no, still is nobility, and enjoys throwing that weight around when he can.  A learned man, a gifted student, and with the wealth and privilege that came from his station, all enabling him to not only study the arcane arts, but to reach for some of the more esoteric branches at the same time; namely the study of literally the dark arts – shadowcrafting.  Illusion to most, his passion seemed to come from drawing substance from nothing, of molding shadow to his very will in ways that most would find not only foolish, but simply frivolous.  Those short-sighted fools were not worth Andrus’s time or effort, dismissed with little but a thought.

When the war came, Andrus thought to accomplish two goals at once.  He would show all of those fools the strength of his magic, also allowing him to be even more respected and important in the royal court.  Of course, that’s not how things went, as everyone knows, and he was sent running with the rest of the fleet.  Now he finds himself in this new world, a scholar and important person amongst a sea peasants, barbarians and uncouths.  But he will persevere, succeed, and most certainly demonstrate that brains rules out over brawns, and divine right is still a thing.

Mister Ugly

The unofficial, possible, maybe alternate history for Nathan --read at own risk

Many years ago a big aged ranger came into a small sea side town and plopped down a bag of gold and bought a run down bar. Tossing about more gold with markings never seen before he made the bar into a passable place. Of course he had to hit hard those that took advantage of him. What made the bar famous though was that Minsc claimed his rodent companion was a miniature space hamster named Boo.
Minsc fathered several children and passed on to them many strange ideas. It has become something of a tradition in Nathan's family when one has an animal companion to name it Boo in honor of the life long companion of Minsc....
Han has carried on the tradition and even though he could not find a miniature space hamster he has what he claims is a fierce killer Blue Star Falcon named ...'Boo!'

So if this is allowed I do plan on having Han shout...."GO FOR THE EYES, BOO, GO FOR THE EYES!!"

Albert Einstein

ChaoticSky

Ugh, that feeling when you write up a huge bio and then notice theres a 3 paragraph limit.

Silver Phoenix

There'll be time enough to write it up if you qualify ;D

For now, just see it as setting out the framework and the important points.

tyr4n02r

I've tried to gloss over this post, but it keeps bringing me back... Throwing my name in the hat.

"Prince" Zephyr Erki̇n the Blind Monkey
Half-Elf Oracle/Snake-bite Striker Brawler
CN Heterosexual Male (although it is not uncommon for him to do gay-ish things if he knows it will annoy somebody)

Backstory: Born of a noble in the pirate-run city of Sharazad, "Prince" Zephyr Erki̇n was born to into a mercantile family tradition. His father was an explorer and appraiser, his mother a former dancer. Being the youngest of 3 children, he was the most carefree, forsaking his studies to learn many an art, both fine and arcane from his mother. As was tradition in his household, starting at age 10 he was forced to learn a fighting style, preparing for various invasions and plundering. He chose a dervish style, incorporating the disciplines of the monks that taught him his books and the free-flow movements of his mother. Unfortunately he lost a significant portion of his sight during one such encounter, as the rather lawless city somehow was viewed as viable during the attack on King Arlan's empire.
However, with his newfound blindness and injury came a power to 'see' nature and magic with a new comprehension. His lack of sight gave him access to a divine presence, of which he used his studies to control and attune. This sparked a thirst for knowledge within him, wanting to find out more about this mystical force that sewed the planes both together and apart. Less of the family's responsibility was placed on his since then, and just as well, he wasn't one for doing too much work... At age 19, while he was supposed to hop onto a fishing vessel to aid with the shipping, he (literally) stumbled onto the wrong ship, a pirate vessel. As the pirates found him aboard, a few attempted to attack him. He beat the small lot, jesting and prodding as he deftly dodged their attacks. He was allowed to stay on the ship, and he worked (to a degree, he's kinda lazy) and kept in good spirits. He decided not to return home and has since been traveling the world on various vessels, searching for more arcane lore and trinkets of power.

Personality: A tad lazy and a lot aloof, Zephyr is rather optimistic and wisecracking, living each day as if it is his last, with an attempt to keep everyone in his presence in a good mood as well. He is placed on odd jobs often, helping with navigation, or invisegating spirits and curses. He would mainly be on call in the kitchen to serve and heal or as a runner delivering things around the ship, which can lead to interesting results as he is partially blind. In combat, it is not uncommon for him to play a front role, although he may use non-lethal attacks in addition. He carries some belongings from his past, and while he wouldn't admit it, he is a little homesick but enjoys the freedom. Not one with too many motives except to troll and to screw, this fun-loving half-elf seeks thrills throwing caution out of the window.

About Me?: What I hope to gain from this adventure is a fun diverse pbp tabletop experience. Nobody really plays around my way, and I have been trying to get into pathfinder for a while as I like the modular nature. I have 5E and AGE experience, so I know the basics. I will come up with a pic once I find one I like, then describe it.

Weapons
Long Sword
Twin Scimitars
Fighting Fan
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Mainly missing on Tuesdays, sorry.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Blinkin

I would just say to those who like fire type of stuff... wooden ships burn and there aren't usually too many places to run to when all you see is water, sharks and things that like to eat you.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Silver Phoenix

Quote from: Blinkin on October 17, 2016, 04:56:09 AMI would just say to those who like fire type of stuff... wooden ships burn and there aren't usually too many places to run to when all you see is water, sharks and things that like to eat you.
Certainly something to note, but nothing to overly worry about - unless it is a very deliberate and concentrated effort to set the ship on fire, there are enough magical contingencies to safeguard against minor fires turning into major ones - the ships are about as safe from fires as a modern-day ship would be.

TheGlyphstone

Indeed. A wooden ship hull by itself isn't terribly flammable; the constant exposure to seawater helps there, it's perpetually a bit damp and doesn't burn good at all. What makes accidental fire such a terrifyingly lethal disaster aboard wood-hulled sailing ships is all the peripherals; the spare canvases, ropes, oil lanterns, and (with guns around) ammunition and powder. That catching alight and spreading can be enough to catch the hull, and then you're doomed.

Yeah, I read a lot of period naval fiction...

Snake

Name: Syra
Description: Standing a lithe 5'11"; Syra has a quite lovely face and alluring figure with long raven-black hair with Purplish-blue eyes and fair complexion.  She seems perpetually on the cusp of being terribly bored unless something really arouses her interest.  Her figure is that of a mix of an acrobat and an athlete; without an once of unncessary fat anywhere on her body except for her sometimes troublesome D cup breasts. Despite this: Syra conceals her appearance with the use of flowing black robes covering her blackened chain shirt that's fitted for minimal sound. In terms of weapons; this girl is strapped with daggers in every conceivable easy-to-reach location on her body. (Kinda like Merisiel actually. XD)

Personality: Apathetic. Syra is a born thief, and as a result she doesnt allow how she feels to bubble to the surface; believing that everyon ehas a tell and nobody will see hers.  She seems easy-going and lackdastical about most things; except when the possibility of thievery becomes involved; during which she becomes as focused as a laser. Toward others; Syra doesn't care. If given a choice between loot and friends; teh loot wins every. Single. Time. The only exception is if her older sister or father is involved. Given Syra's standing as Asura-Bred Tiefling; she likes to take what she believes other value or find some way to hurt them emotionally; and would never stop picking at those wounds.

Background: Syra is the second daughter of a powerful crimelord and grew up around scoundrels and ne'er-do-wells; and became very familar with the way the underworld operated.  Ordinarily such a child would grow up wanting for nothing; except her father, regardless of his great love for his children, made her and her sister earn their livings from a young age. The only protection he extended was keeping them from lengthy prison sentences by leaning on the authorities or calling in favors, etc. 

She learned early on that gold, not love, not religious belief; powered the world.  As she grew she eventually found herself traipsing from major port to major port; stealing where she could, leveraging what she couldn't steal directly and in general enjoying her intense focus as a thief.  She'd only been caught up in the damn storm in an attempt to escape the authorities and didn't know what kind of ship she'd gotten onto. Bad choice as it turned out.

Syra's Primary role is a debuffer and harasser as her class mix is 3 levels of unchained rogue and 3 of witch. As such allows her to be an evil bitch and still be useful to an adventuring party.

Her Sexual Orientation: She doesn't have one. If fucking someone or getting fucked herself leads her to greater wealth; then she's all for it- otherwise someone is likely to end up with a dagger in the groin. Being a functional Hermaphrodite, Syra can use a modified alter self supernatural ability to become fully female or her natural form with an unlimited duration (She can only use either form with this ability)

Silver Phoenix

Oho, a newcomer.  Welcome, Snake, and thank you for your interest in the game!

Snake

It caught my eye. I've been watching alot of APgamingreal's Skull and Shackles game ;3

I've played some kingmaker but no giantslayer (can't find downloads for it)

ChaoticSky

I'm still working on mine. Still looking for a good piccy. x_x

Silver Phoenix

Quote from: ChaoticSky on October 18, 2016, 01:27:48 PM
Ain't it always the way? lol

Snake

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: ChaoticSky on October 18, 2016, 01:27:48 PM

I have yet to find a picture for mine, namely because of how specific the character's appearance is.

TheGlyphstone

There's just no good artwork of otherwise-human males with scaled skin. The iconic vishkanya are female, and anything else related to snake/serpentine humanoids tend to go full snakehead - that's be a nagaraji, entirely different.

Snake

Yeah Glyph, that can be a bitch to find. I've tried without much success as well.

ChaoticSky

Try looking for stuff with a dragon theme. If that fails look for art of Au' Ra from FFXIV, they are a player race of humans with horns+some scales and small tails. There is lots of art of male Au Ra.

Example

Grizzly

What are you looking for at this point for character submissions?  I have a couple ideas that I'd like to propose but I'm not sure how much detail to provide at this point.
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: ChaoticSky on October 18, 2016, 01:59:00 PM
Try looking for stuff with a dragon theme. If that fails look for art of Au' Ra from FFXIV, they are a player race of humans with horns+some scales and small tails. There is lots of art of male Au Ra.

Example

If they didn't have those horns, they'd be decent. But ram's horns don't fit at all on a serpentine humanoid.

Silver Phoenix

Quote from: Grizzly on October 18, 2016, 10:12:29 PM
What are you looking for at this point for character submissions?  I have a couple ideas that I'd like to propose but I'm not sure how much detail to provide at this point.
Right now, we're just throwing character concepts around - if you have something that you think would an interesting concept that could contribute to the atmosphere of the game, feel free to submit it.  All the relevant info is in the OP post.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on October 18, 2016, 10:19:48 PM
If they didn't have those horns, they'd be decent. But ram's horns don't fit at all on a serpentine humanoid.
They are not ram horns, they are dragon horns. Aside from the fact that the horns come in several styles (and the art also varies)...

I would not say that around black dragons.

Whos got sheep horns little human?

indarkestknight

Sable
NG human ranger (sword-devil)

Appearance: Skin white as snow. Lips red as blood. Hair as black as ebony. And eyes as grey as steel. Blessed with looks both striking and memorable, the words that best describe Sable's physique are amazonian and statuesque. Sable has no qualms about flaunting either her generous feminine curves or her athleticism and fitness. Taking after her mentor, she generally favors a chainmail bikini, though she may forgo her signature look when circumstances call for other attire.

Background: Born daughter to the chieftain of a village in the hinterlands of King Arlan's dominion, Sable long exhibited a talent for woodlore. In another life, she might well have gone on to become a talented huntress and inherit her mother's position as chieftain. However, this was not to be. When Sable was on the threshold between childhood and womanhood, marauders fell upon her village. Ill-equipped to defend themselves, the village sought out champions, a band of seven adventurers, mercenaries, and heroes. Led by a She-Devil with a Sword, they laid waste to the marauders who had thought to lay waste to Sable's village, but not without great cost, and only three of the seven survived. Seeing great potential in the chieftain's daughter, the leader offered Sable a place by her side in her travels. Despite having witnessed firsthand the risks to life and limb that such a lifestyle entailed, Sable felt greatly indebted to the swordswoman and accepted her offer. It was under this woman's tutelage that she truly came into her own, becoming formidable in her own right. When her mentor sided with King Arlan in the civil war, so, too, did Sable, and alongside both the King and her mentor, was banished. She continued to serve at King Arlan's pleasure because her mentor continued to serve at King Arlan's pleasure... at least until supernaturally potent storms ravaged the armada, separating Sable from her mentor.

Personality: While Sable's swordhand comes with a price attached, if the locals are going to starve from lack of grain and only need a little to make it through the winter, some shipments under her watch may start to come in short. A ship of slaves may find its way to the port of a nation where slavery is outlawed instead of the intended port. There are few better at hunting down escaped murderers than Sable, but invariably, a young woman on the run from a loveless marriage will elude the sword-devil despite her tracking prowess. Sable is open and unabashed in her enjoyment of soft company, and she has an appreciation for fine weaponry. There are few more fiercely devoted than Sable, once her loyalty is earned, and that devotion extends to her faith. Though she has been blessed with no divine magic, she considers herself a priestess to Scathacth, the Red Goddess.

Sexuality: gynosexual hermaphrodite, though she may make a rare exception for an exceptionally pretty male (read: a trap), and isn't above flirting with those she has no intention of sleeping with.

Role: Switch-hitter, competent at both melee and archery (which she favors will probably be influenced by party composition). Skirmisher, scout, survivalist.

Aspirations: As a player, I'm hoping for action and adventure, giving a new ranger archetype a spin, with a healthy helping of roleplaying opportunity to develop relationships both platonic and romantic with both fellow PCs and NPCs alike. Eventually gaining an oathbow or an equivalent sword would be cool.

Silver Phoenix

Thanks for your contribution indarkestnight!  Added to the list.

Zaer Darkwail

Voicing interest joining this adventure :). Just need work/hammer details on concept I have in mind. Is there chance to play as one the king's sons/daugthers? A heir?

Silver Phoenix

Welcome Zaer.  In theory there shouldn't be a problem, but just let me know (by PM is you prefer) what plans you had for the character in question so I can give a final say on the matter.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: ChaoticSky on October 19, 2016, 11:09:06 AM
They are not ram horns, they are dragon horns. Aside from the fact that the horns come in several styles (and the art also varies)...

I would not say that around black dragons.

Whos got sheep horns little human?

Black dragons also look silly thanks to their sheep horns. :D

Point being, I need something serpentine. While that has a lot of overlap with draconic in some cases, horns of any kind are definitely in the latter group but not the former.

Mister Ugly

After looking over the presented characters. I am considering redoing Nathan into a tank. We are solely lacking in someone that can stand in the heat of battle and just make the enemy react to them...allowing the rest to hammer them. I am looking at a paladin/Oracle.

Let me know if that would help?

MU
Albert Einstein

indarkestknight

Glyphstone, maybe look for art of Extaminaar or Spellscales? Or Maedar, maybe? Half-dragons?

Snake

You'd have an overlap in abilities if you went life oracle/paladin.  But the levels should stack for channel energy.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Mister Ugly on October 20, 2016, 12:44:46 PM
After looking over the presented characters. I am considering redoing Nathan into a tank. We are solely lacking in someone that can stand in the heat of battle and just make the enemy react to them...allowing the rest to hammer them. I am looking at a paladin/Oracle.

Let me know if that would help?

MU
For what its worth, my character will be a primary melee. And is fucking scary when she wants to be. So that may fill the roll.

Blinkin

Tari is a light melee fighter, but she relies more on flanking and movement than standing up and swapping blows.

On the other hand, with the crit range of the rapier, she has the capability to dish out fairly significant damage, particularly if someone cast haste on her and those riposte can be murder. ;)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Cataclysmic Archangel

I went with niche wizardry.  I actually went against all the cautionary tales of 'make sure the wizards have the right spells'.  he's going to learn what he wants and expect everyone else to pick up the slack.

TheGlyphstone

Salethar is an assassin, so also primary melee with an emphasis on stealth+sneak attack. Between Vanishing Trick and Dirty Trick, I should reliably be able to get enemies flat-footed for SA damage, though a flanking partner (of whom there seem to be plenty) will make that even easier.

As far as art, I think I'm just going to cave and take the 'looks like a human' alternate racial trait. I lose my low-light vision, but it means I can use regular human artwork.

Snake

Syra is built up to be just plain annoying with Unchained Rogue abilites: Duel-wields shortswords centered entirely around her dex; plus witch abilities like Evil Eye + Slumber and rack up the Coup De Grace.  Plus her spells and her insane Initiative. XD

She'd probably debuff in her first couple rounds then flank buddy with Tari & Salethar

Zaer Darkwail

My own char (once figured is he heir or what not) would be Slayer (with sniper archtype so I am the guy who snipes and lands hard hits from range from ambush).

Snake

If we scored an ambush, the poor bastards would not survive the first round unless we rolled 1's XD

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Snake on October 20, 2016, 01:30:11 PM
If we scored an ambush, the poor bastards would not survive the first round unless we rolled 1's XD

It'd certainly make for a somewhat different game than the traditional fighter/cleric/rogue/wizard party.

Blinkin

Never seen a traditional fighter-cleric-rogue-wizard party on E.

Usually, it's more like sorcerer,wizard, witch-spell slinger class on here. ;)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Cataclysmic Archangel

the other game I'm in is Paladin/bard/ranger/sorcerer.

Latooni Subota

Adelheid is a bard that trades more of her music shenanigans for the ability to hit and run with a bloody-huge two-handed weapon. Because why not?

tyr4n02r

Zephyr is dry comic relief with a Bag of Holding of tricks and pranks. Like Jeffrey from "Fresh Prince."

Oooohh, you meant combat...

An adaptable (near-sighted) melee fighter with sneak attack (Snake-bite Striker) with some oracle abilities plugged in. Havent chosen which, probably look at the builds and pick later. But hey that still means Cleric spells.
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Snake

Just watch out fo rSyra playing at flaunting her sexy. It usually means she wants to rob you silly ...after you fuck her silly..or thought you did.  While the mark is out she robs them blind. then comes back later with a crowbar to take everything that's nailed down. XD

Zaer Darkwail

Travis, youngest son of King Arlan
LE Human Slayer (Sniper)

Appearance: With warm brown/red curly hair and sharp blue/grey eyes and handsome face Travis can charm most women with his looks. More so as he has muscular athletic figure and stands 6'2'ft tall. Years in outdoors had tanned his flesh all around and he is used to outdoor life in the woods, which is unusual for a heir prince but he had always loved hunting, one way or other. He walks with natural grace and regal mannerism which had been taught to him since childhood, but there is predatory nature to it thanks years practicing arts of hunting. Only mar to his perfect figure are callouses on his palms and fingers, signs of years practicing archery but he bears them with pride for skills he has earned. Clothing wise he can be well dressed for court ball or rustic practical when going outdoors. But either clothing is well taken care off and even simple rustic clothing has signs of high quality and decorative markings.

Background: Travis is youngest son of King Arlan, he was spoiled as child as he was youngest and most loved. Early on in his life he learned about his worth to the world; learned he was heir, prince but not crown heir; meaning his three elder siblings (especially eldest) ran ahead of him on the crown. That made his heart grow bitter even as a child and grow enormous envy towards his eldest sibling. Why he cannot get to throne? Why he had no chance even to get it? As spoiled child it warped his mind for good. He started study harder, more devoted manner and try outdo his siblings much as he could, however he could not master everything (which he sadly realized) so he needed to find his own speciality where shine. He found he was good archer, he had natural sharp eyes, good hand and eye coordination and able make even impressive shots on moving targets. So he went one day to meet royal groundskeeper and asked him teach him how to hunt. The years upon years he practiced hunting and becoming quite excellent at it. Yet despite his efforts he did not earn approval from the king (love yes but not approval to surpass his siblings in regards who sits on throne, that angering him still).

His bitterness and anger resulted him becoming very sharp and edgy towards annyone who disrespected him and that caused few 'scenes' in some social gatherings and also manner how he treated servant staff in castle raised some rumors about him. It caused build a rift between him and rest of siblings and to his own father as well who tried harness his manners more respectful to lower classes, but Travis was no longer listening his father as he had already given up earning his approval anyway. Focusing on his own things and things he liked. He started slumming, under a disguise, amongst the rabble so he can see their pitiful lives up close and enjoy luxuries like casually fucking a tavern wench or picking pretty whores to fuck. He was seeking allies outside the castle in case he needs some 'work' done for him. He started deal with criminals and one such case a criminal who worked on slave trafficking (which was illegal in kingdom and practice for said trade is punished by death), the criminal offered excquisite exotic slave as a bribe for Travis. Slave girl called Elora Shaiel, a dark elf caught from war from distant land and since childhood raised and broken into slavery. Given as bribe so that Travis could handle help turn authorities blind eye via royal seal planted on the cargos which transfer slaves. Travis agreed to it and he took girl in, teaching her to behave like a personal servant of his but respect and behave in private as a slave to him. Elora knew sorcery so using simple disguise magic she hid her dark elf lineage easily enough.

Then usurpation begun, he played role in battles like all heirs did. His case was simply sneaking behind enemy lines, ambush their supply cargos and assassinate their lieutenants but nothing he did stopped the army advance. Which enraged him, he was further enraged as his father, the king, decided to flee. But as rest heirs agreed on it he agreed along albeit he did voice out he disagreed on it. Then with rest of fleet he traveled to these distant lands and overtime his anger dissipated on the cowardly retreat before the enemy. He sees these new lands as new oppoturnities...oppoturnities which may fullfill he long lost desires. But to do that, he needs allies (besides his slave girl and his loyal personal retainers).

Personality: Travis is charming and fair to those who he views as his equal. In past this caused quite cold treatment towards 'commoners' but in the new lands he views his former titles and his heir status means much less. So he can treat those who travel with him as his equals so long they prove to be skillful and not burden to the group. He however always treats his slave as favorite pet; give gifts, treat her well and feed her and take care of her, but never see her as his equal and is quick to punish her if she shows disobedience or fails on simple tasks. Travis has much ego but also grand ambittions which he mostly keep details on himself, but his ambittion is simple really; desire to become a king. In what way, in what manner or when, are all on questions based on oppoturnities given.

Sexuality: A heterosexual with strong dominant streak, he enjoys having power over others. May the partner be willing or unwilling to be put on such position. However most his sexual needs he fills with his slave, so he has got no reason to seek other partners so far but he would not say no to additional partners or having a harem serving him.

Role: Serve as ranged physical damage dealer, sniping enemies with a bow. Survivalist, tracker, inflitrator, scout and potentially face person (thanks his social status as heir and likely have some social skills).

Aspirations: I wish as player a chance for my char to accomplish his dream; to become a king (either succeeding his father or simply building his own empire in new land). Albeit not against shifting his alignment from lawful evil to good if somehow story would make such changes. Play role more as antihero than true villain.

Zaer Darkwail

Sorry if my post is longer than 3 paragraphs :P. But had go bit deeper detail as I wrote bit also about other player's char (Elora Shaiel), who will be played by Muse. Also thought I needed explain in background how he became LE and how his relation is to rest of royal family (mother is ? atm as there is no info about her).

Muse

Elora Shaiel
Lawful Neutral Dark Elf Female Sorcess 5, Dragon Disciple 1

Appearence
   Ebony skinned, buxom and curvacious with snow white hair that falls past her the small of her back and ruby red eyes.  Elora wears gauzy white silks that leave little to the imagination—but give her master good access to her body. 

Aspirations:
  I wish to serve my master not only with my body and soul, but with my craft and my power.  I will enchant talismans to serve him, and rain fire at his command.  I wil grow strong for him.  One day, he will comand the might of not a simple girl, but of a dragon! 

History and Personalty
"It was so long ago... 

"Half a century, maybe? 

"My name was Eleneesha Krietheil then.  My great grandmother had managed to tryst with a dragon and get with child, introducing magic into our lineage.  She hoped that her ebon skinned and golden haired daughter with the magic of a dragon and the strength of a giant could establish a noble house, but it was not enough.  The dragon's blood made her too soft, too kind, to merciful.  In the end, our family--though strong in magic and battle alike--have become artisans.  We weave subtle robes from teh silk of spiders and the woof and weave of dreams.  We implant magic into these creations.  Our textiles were the stuff of legend, but even still it was our skill as enchanters that made us sucessful. 

"Mother beleived I was too gentle and kind.  She beleived I'd be slain by a school mate before I could ever graduate the accademy.  She took me to the surface with a war party, meaning to capture riches, human slaves, and elven sacrifices.  I was only supposed to watch and fetch and carry... 

"Somehow the elves and elffriends anticipated our raids and brought in allies.  I was a prisoner of war.  I was collored and chained.  For a half a century, I was prepared to serve my master.  My teachers gave me a new name.  Elora, a name of the surface, to roll easily off of my masters tongue, and Shaiel, meaning "dedicated," for my life was now dedicated to my master's pleasure and power. 

"How could I do other than love and serve him?  It is my duty and my destiny.  I loved him decades before he was born!" 

Cataclysmic Archangel

I think I'm going to bow out at this point.  It seems like there are a LOT of entries, and my work-life balance is slowly teetering into a flaming abyss of mandatory Overtime.  Good luck to all.

Blinkin

I don't envy the selection process. Although my odds aren't great, I'll stick in until it's all decided. Best of luck to everyone.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

ChaoticSky

Incidentally, my brawler gets a intimidate bonus from her archtype so i decided to toss in some Dazzling Display stuff... for the sneakers and flankers in the group, that probably means most of our mundane foes will either be focused on the scary lady or running like bitches. So all the better for your stabbins.

ChaoticSky

Name:  Sarah Kilarai
Race: Human
Class: Writhing Thrasher Brawler

The product of an impossible conception during a religions rite in service to Shub-Niggurath, Sarah was born of the union of her mother and a faintly glowing, shapeless congeries of protoplasmic bubbles with a myriad of temporary eyes forming and bursting as pustules of greenish light. Born into a human form, the unnatural ichor shifting beneath her skin makes her shape less stable than it should be, and her proportions shift subtly over time. Sarah shares her foreign mother’s tall and powerful build, honed though a lifetime of training. Her red hair is long and thick, well past her waist, though she has been known to restrain it with a ponytail or loose plait. What people notice most readily however are her eyes. An unnatural shade of green on black sclera, they almost seem to glow in their own darkness. An outward sign of her unnatural heritage.

Raised as much by the Way of Union as her mother, she was taught to value difference and find beauty in the strange, to bring peoples and places together both for their own sake and for the glory of her gods. One of less than a dozen ‘Sacred Children’ born of such impossible unions, they were groomed to become the future leaders, champions and diplomats of their faith. Though Sarah never found the touch of divine magic or felt the call of a paladin, she learned to fight and to use her natural gifts to defend others. But the ships carrying her cult were among those that were lost in the storm, Sarah alone managed to reach a passing ship in the waves (owing to her natural abilities more than anything else) and latch on long enough to get on board. While she still holds out hope that there were other survivors (and several should have been able to survive as she did), after so long she fears they were scattered and she will never see them again.

Sarah has an easy going, almost relentlessly cheerful personality, and is generally eager to meet new people and things. While this was once entirely true, now the cheer is a shield she holds against a cruel world and to cover the bereavement she feels over the loss of her cult (and with it the death of her friends, family, and purpose in life). While she is very nice, the question of her sanity is an extremely uncertain one, and she is prone to unnerving behaviour, odd lines of thought, extreme pansexuality and being both too empathetic and not empathetic enough in turns. Beyond this she takes her assumed role as the last of her faith very seriously, and guards a copy of the Way of Union’s holy book hoping to one day find someone who can comprehend it in its entirety to restart the cult. In the meantime she sells her services, both to sate her bottomless hunger and lust for adventure, where she is swiftly earning a reputation as a steadfast ally and effective fighter... if you have a stomach strong enough to deal with her fighting style.

Latooni Subota

indarkestknight

I'd never heard of the Writhing Thrasher archetype until now, but damn it sounds awesome.

TheGlyphstone

Name: Salethar Shul-Skal-Ashali
Race: Vishkanya
Class: Ninja

Appearance: Salethar is tall and lean, with extremely flexible limbs that seem almost too long for his body at times. His skin is a shade of light green, dusted with scales of the same color, and his eyes are an almost hypnotic sparkling gold. His hair is short and dark, worn in a short bound tail behind his head that he keeps meticulously well-cared for. Similarly, the dull metal shirt that serves him as armor is equally well-maintained, including the carefully applied coat of dust and soot that dulls its shine in contrast to the mirrored gleam of his curved blade.

History: Far to the east, the massive and ancient Empire of Athros sits mostly content to ignore the world outside its borders. Within, dozens of peoples and absorbed cultures are managed by an equally massive and ancient bureaucracy to whom every citizen is nothing more than a cog in a vast and impersonal machine. Every life in Athros is planned from before birth until death, every individual's existence subsumed into the titanic effort of coordination that keeps Athros functional and prosperous. The vast majority of its people are content with their place in society, having never known anything else, and even those not content to remain a living machine part have their role to play as well. Individuals who would otherwise chafe at their places in the great plan become the eyes and ears of Athros, sent outside its reach into the wild barbarian lands beyond – for while the bureaucrats can afford to disregard the activities of lesser civilizations, only a fool would willfully remain ignorant of them entirely.

Foremost among those eyes and ears are the devotees of Skal-Ashali, The Serpent Who Wraps Around The World. Trained in the arts of stealth and deception, they spy and kill for the coin of foreign kings while simultaneously watching for anything that might interest the lords of Athros. It was into this cult that Salethar was born and raised, guided by the divinations that foretold disharmony in a more conventional task, and when it was time he took his leave of home and ventured beyond. With his exotic and mysterious origins as a further layer of disguise, he served faithfully to his masters temporary and permanent. It was pure chance that he learned of the burgeoning secession dispute in a tiny coastal kingdom, and the call for hired swords to escort the deposed king on his journey west into the unknown, but Salethar took it as divine providence. The childen of Skal-Ashali were encouraged to wander as far as possible, but none had ever reported or returned from a trip across the western oceans.

Personaity In casual conversation, Salethar is simultaneously friendly and reserved - happy to socialize, but careful not to develop any undue attachments that could compromise him in the future. His skin and eyes mark him as too alien to blend in seamlessly, so instead he flaunts his exotic nature at most times. When he doesn't, instead he prefers not to be seen at all, either through mundane stealth, the mystic arts of his order, or a simple application of narcotic venomous spit into the eyes of an opponent.

Sexuality: Heterosexual by preference. The course of his work has led him into reasonable proficiency at faking interest in other males, and even a few rare occurrences of imitating females through shapeshifting magic, but they are exceptions to the norm and matters of duty over pleasure. Partners who can match his sinuous flexibility, of either gender, are few and far between, though.

Role: Stealthy melee combatant/assassin and scout, with a fair sideline in social situations. Uses invisibility, poison, and Dirty Tricks to incapacitate opponents in combat.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: indarkestknight on October 21, 2016, 07:31:04 PM
I'd never heard of the Writhing Thrasher archetype until now, but damn it sounds awesome.
Its a 3rd party archtype from NecNW's Eldritch Archtypes serise. Basically they made seven mini-books with like four archtypes each focused on some being from the lovecraft Mythos. Quality varies... some is good, some is silly OP, some is just why?, but the Writhing Thrasher is one of the better ones. The fluff it comes with is that of a brawler who decided to emulate a Shoggoth and somehow got the ability to mutate themselves, but i like the idea of having that taint in your bloodline better and consider it a more sensible reason for being able to (for example) sprout eyeballs all over your body :P

Mechanically it swaps Brawlers Cunning for a ability to make transmutation spells cast on you more powerful, their Dodge AC bonus for a NA AC bonus, and Close Weapon Mastery for a half-level boost to Intimidation. The main thing however is that it swaps Martial Flexibility (the thing that lets brawlers pull whatever combat feats they want out of their ass) for the ability to gain various monster abilities (such as natural weapons, dark vision, Grab, etc) under the same mechanics.

I was giving our most glorious and amazing master of games a poke to see how he felt about lovecrafty stuff (because thats how i roll whenever possible, but some people hate it and dont want it in their games so i ask first) and he loved the idea, so i showed him the archtype and asked if i could use it for mah proposal and he was okay with it. So yaay.

And now Sarah is a thing. I hope he likes her :o

Quote from: Latooni Subota on October 21, 2016, 07:25:45 PMI'm in love with Sarah.
Glad you like her! I have a really long writeup for her cult done already... eyes the three para limit but i figure people went to Cali for great sex, but came to the Way of Union for muchmuchstranger things, so the religious angle might be a neat one to explore between our chars. Yours is nice too, so i certainly wouldn't mind figuring something out~!

Zaer Darkwail

Sarah indeed looks quite interesting concept and more so has nice future in trying establish cult which revers all things strange/exotic and marry them with regular mortal beings (or if use simpler terms as 'love tentacle club' :P). I can see as brawler she serves very well as meaty front liner and if my char (and my slave naturally) are part of same team, then my char would snipe and my slave use some explosive sort magic (and downtimes then devoted manner craft stuff for the group while he seeks build kingdom/power base for himself).

As my char would respect strenght than social rank now even if he is indeed heir (albeit youngest) because in new land titles and social rank means less impactful (and more skill/competence matters). So he could see allowing the cult excist in his domain if he ever establishes one if in return gets help of a potent 'muscle' so to speak in his quest (and cult giving ready source of potent 'mutants' which easily employ to his future armies to stampede over his enemies :P).

Mister Ugly

Darn! I wish I had not jumped Nathan out there so fast. I found a concept I really like!
Not that Paladin. He would not do well with several of the characters offered especially a LE even if he is a prince.

Well we will see how things work out.

MU
Albert Einstein

Chulanowa

Well, the DM of the other game I was making a character for has canceled the game, so... Uh, I guess I can come back to this one and oh my it looks like I have a day to do so!

I'm looking at a Divine Caster of some flavor. We don't seem to have any dominant themes going on though. Hmmmm.

Blinkin

I agree that it is a... ummmm... diverse set of characters and, as usual, a challenge to see who can come up with the biggest bad ass in a party when I just offer something fairly mundane to play. lol

I was disappointed that the other game got canceled, I had some time invested in the character, but such is life. I think that at this time, offering a divine character just may be a sure way to get you into the game. ;)

I'll just state my two inviolate rules (Particularly because my tabletop game just ended for one of these reasons).

1. No PC character attacks or attempts to kill another PC, or by lack of action causes a PC's death.
2. Under no circumstance will a PC steal from another PC.

Both of these elements tends to kill games and I simply will not play with such a player who would break one of these rules. Accidents happen, but direct action will see me drop.

There is no reason on earth why players can't find some way to avoid these items in play and if they don't bother... I just wave bye-bye.

As for the tabletop game, a player got pissed off because he was out thought and the dice allowed it, so he had his character attack an animal companion. To me, an animal companion counts as a PC. The DM got pissed off and called the game on the spot until he can work things out, but we did lose one of the players, a damned good one, and I dropped myself.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

indarkestknight

Quote from: Mister Ugly on October 22, 2016, 12:16:03 AM
Darn! I wish I had not jumped Nathan out there so fast. I found a concept I really like!
Not that Paladin. He would not do well with several of the characters offered especially a LE even if he is a prince.

Well we will see how things work out.

MU

Our illustrious DM has stated that he's cool with players submitting more than one character for consideration...

Chulanowa

Quote from: Blinkin on October 22, 2016, 01:27:19 AM
I agree that it is a... ummmm... diverse set of characters and, as usual, a challenge to see who can come up with the biggest bad ass in a party when I just offer something fairly mundane to play. lol

I was disappointed that the other game got canceled, I had some time invested in the character, but such is life. I think that at this time, offering a divine character just may be a sure way to get you into the game. ;)

I'll just state my two inviolate rules (Particularly because my tabletop game just ended for one of these reasons).

1. No PC character attacks or attempts to kill another PC, or by lack of action causes a PC's death.
2. Under no circumstance will a PC steal from another PC.

Both of these elements tends to kill games and I simply will not play with such a player who would break one of these rules. Accidents happen, but direct action will see me drop.

There is no reason on earth why players can't find some way to avoid these items in play and if they don't bother... I just wave bye-bye.

As for the tabletop game, a player got pissed off because he was out thought and the dice allowed it, so he had his character attack an animal companion. To me, an animal companion counts as a PC. The DM got pissed off and called the game on the spot until he can work things out, but we did lose one of the players, a damned good one, and I dropped myself.

What I've found is that the biggest problem is stalling. Combing every little bit of minutae, arguing over every slight kink in a plan, etc. it drags out a tabletop game, which sure, is fine at times... But it's a death sentence for play-by-post. Pathfinder is at its heart an adventure game, and if a year goes by without ever leaving a sitting room, man, I dunno.

Silver Phoenix

Thanks to all who have managed to submit their characters, though it seems RL has inflicted its first casualty.

For those of you who would like to do some small adjustment of character or even a bit of a rewrite, that's acceptable - just remember that everything gets accepted until Sunday 23rd (let's say 12:00 [GMT +0]) after which I'll mull over the choices and the results get posted Monday.

Mister Ugly

I have decided that I wanted to offer a second character idea. There are already at least 3 ranged characters [2 of them ranger hybreds including Nathan] but only 2 caster that are very diverse.
I Have wanted to try this concept for sometime and just needed the right picture. Now I have it and with no further ado.

Captain 'Titch' Tradokz
Race: Half-Orc
Class: Scarred Witch Doctor, Profession- Ship Master

Appearance: Titch is tall at 6' 1" and built like many half orcs. Broad of shoulder and seemingly well muscled. Unlike many of his kind he has what would be considered more normal hued skin. Weathered and tanned from years under the sun he looks older then he is but then half orcs do age quicker then humans. His dark brown hair tends to be wind blown which he tends to keep shorter then most do on ship. His ears lift into upswept points almost like a half elf and his dark brown eyes are alert and intelligent. He could almost pass for a rough and rugged human expect for the tusks that jut up on either side of his firm lips. On board ship he normally wears his 'Ship Master' Long coat and light clothing under it. Titch has a deep rumbling voice that can be heard all over a ship when he shouts.
  When his coat is off and he is bear chested or swimming then the true extent of what he is can be seen. Scars adorn his body as do tattoos. On his back are the marks of a whip or claws. On his chest, arms and legs there are what seem to be ritual like scarring. There is a deep red scared tattoo over his left upper arm and shoulder 'gifted' to him as a boy by his father's tribe. On his back is a peculiar silvery white scar that seems similar to ones that many in the fleet woke with after the great storm.

History Tradokz mother was unfortunate to have been captured by a sea raiding orc tribe. She was older then most of the other females taken and ended up with the shaman of the tribe. Tradokz was born on a ship and learned all about pain and orcs from the start. Being half orc offered him some benefits but as often got him in fights. While with the orcs Tradokz found a love for the open water and ships. The aged shaman found that Tradokz had a been blessed by a patron to become something special-- a witch doctor. He learned all he could on the ragged ships the orcs sailed. He was still a boy when his mother escaped. They were found on a raft by a merchant ship that took them in. His mother became the ship's cook and healer and oft time doxy and Tradokz became the 'ship' boy. Learning how much better ships were then the orcs had. He was barely in his teens when he felt the urge to fashion a mask. Once it was craved his patron spoke to him and began him on his path of magic and witchcraft. He choose to go by Titch as a nod to his new life.
  He also learned to read and write, to read the stars at night and the sun during the day and by the time he was 20 he earned a ship master coat from the 'Captain's Guild'.
  It was during that supernatural storm that ravaged the fleet that Captain Titch showed his worth. He stood strong at the wheel with steady hands and his deep booming voice could be heard all over the deck. The crazy thing was that those he gifted with his hexes held the ship together and during it all his rumbling laugh [cackle] kept them going. He joined in the repairs of his ship and the other survivors and aided where and when he could. Though each morning at day break his crew claims he peels his face off and prays to it.

Personality: Pain makes you stronger. Pain of the body from torture or wounds, aches and pain from handling a ship through a ragging storm, pain of the heart, pain of the soul. Titch has known a lot of pain in his life and it has made him stronger. He lives life as best he can knowing his life is shorter, then the humans around him, he wants to cram as much into it as he can. He normally has a twinkle is his eye and an easy going way to things. Yet make no doubt when he is ship master...he is SHIP MASTER. His rule is law and he stands next to gods themselves when he is Captain on his ship. He knows well it is his job to keep them all live when at sea and he will do what it takes to do that. He can be hard but also takes the time to teach others what he knows and the skills of the crew of any ship he has captained have always improved. He likes a pipe and good tobacco. He likes women but respects those that show skills and abilities beyond normal. Titch keeps attachments to the minimum but enjoys having good friends. He likes good conversation and learning new things specially about the sea and ships.

Quirks: Titch wood craves and is good at it. He likes good tobacco and a strong drink but seldom drinks to excess. He is a Leg man and enjoys seeing long bared female legs and shapely butts. Titch each morning at daybreak takes time to pray to his patron. Those that have seen this swear he pulls a horrid face from his and hangs it up. A few have claimed to have seen his 'true' face and shudder to speak of it.

Sexuality: Titch is very much heterosexual. He understands that people like different things and allows for their preference. Titch is also dominate in the bed but likes a bit of spice from any woman he is with. He is well endowed like most half orcs seem to be and does know how to use it to pleasure a woman...after she is restrained and shown her place of course.  >:)

Role: Steady spell caster and sailor and captain. He uses his hexs to aid or hurt his foes and follows up with magic when needed. He is also capable of swinging a big sword when need requires it.

Goals To see the farthest shore and to some how gain a longer life then most half orcs would have. Till then a good ship, good tobacco and a fair wind works fine.
Albert Einstein

Snake

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, a seaman captain Witch (half-orc no less) is very interesting unique concept :). Considering firstly the game focuses likely on sea voyage before reaching new lands (and easily add adventurers together just them being in his boat while rest of ships sail around them is easy task for GM arrange party together).

As question are the white/silver brands unique or same with everyone? Thought it would be cool even if color is same the design/shape of brand could vary between individuals (sort like finger print).

Chulanowa

So.. Shoot. I find myself torn between one of the following...

Halfling Cleric of Desna

Gnome Cleric of Arshea

Silver Phoenix

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 22, 2016, 02:48:49 PMYeah, a seaman captain Witch (half-orc no less) is very interesting unique concept :). Considering firstly the game focuses likely on sea voyage before reaching new lands (and easily add adventurers together just them being in his boat while rest of ships sail around them is easy task for GM arrange party together).

As question are the white/silver brands unique or same with everyone? Thought it would be cool even if color is same the design/shape of brand could vary between individuals (sort like finger print).
I'd say they have a similar design, but is unique to everyone - you could tell they came from the same source even if no two look the same.

Quote from: Chulanowa on October 22, 2016, 11:36:47 PMSo.. Shoot. I find myself torn between one of the following...

Halfling Cleric of Desna

Gnome Cleric of Arshea
Is there a big difference between the two clerics or is it purely aesthetic?  Lol, when I'm indecisive, I just role a die ::)

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Silver Phoenix on October 22, 2016, 11:53:17 PM
I'd say they have a similar design, but is unique to everyone - you could tell they came from the same source even if no two look the same.
Is there a big difference between the two clerics or is it purely aesthetic?  Lol, when I'm indecisive, I just role a die ::)
Alittle of both. Desna is a goddess of stars, the night, exploration and generally wandering/travel. Big on butterflies. And starknives. Shes also the one whos job it is to protect Golarion from the beings of the Dark Tapestry. They wouldnt like me at all :<

Arshea on the other hand is basically the Empyreal Lord of fluid gender roles, sex-positive morals and freedom, appears as a androgynous winged human wearing gauzy harem attire. Agatheon origin, but because its a Empyreal Lord rather than one of the core deities we dont actually know much about them aside from a half-page blurb in Chronicals Of The Righteous.

That said, one the one hand i cant recommend desna because then you wouldnt like me, but on the other hand i think that gnome is way overdressed for a follower of The Spirit Of Abandon  :P

Muse

TFcommando

Work hit hard and is consuming my whole weekend, I'm not going to be able to make a good pitch by the deadline unfortunately.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

Chulanowa

Hmmm, Chaotic, you make a point - about the too much clothing part, for one, but mostly about the choice of deities I have there... We've got a sort of "Amoral" theme going with most of the submissions, do bringing in a goody-goody frou-frou cleric might not work all that well. Hmmm!

Here's hoping we have all of Sunday to get it together  XD

Blinkin

Just for consumption, Tari will not be sporting a brand on her otherwise flawless skin. She doesn't mind showing it, but body art... or burning... isn't her thing.

And sadly, she's not amoral, she has morals aplenty.... they just might not match the normal measure of such things.

As Bully Hayes once said (And congrats to whoever knows the name)

"I've never killed a man who didn't have it coming, I've never raped and I've never pillaged!""

Everything else is pretty much open to discussion.

When did explorers have to be evil, or a fair faxcimily of it? The title is pirates and mercenaries Tari is, for all intents and purposes, a mercenary.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Zaer Darkwail

Also worth to note Travis even if LE is not evil, more a lawful asshole :P. He is not follower of Asmodeus or any devil (albeit if given incentive he could make a deal with one) but overall he is oppoturnistic and ruthless in competitive sense than true villainy (at presently anyways). Even if he has strong desires for throne he would not jump to assassinate his father or his siblings (and more he could seek build his own kingdom in new lands instead as they sort left king's old lands/kingdom behind them). He has a slave yes and thus he is not against slavery either (and slave he got as a bribe top of that). He would not care much matters on faith or god unless they get on his way, may they be good or evil aligned gods.

So overall even if Travis is at bottom end of alignment pool, he is just dipping his toes in there than sinking neck deep.

Mister Ugly

@Blinkin

There is a reason we are referencing the scars.
Quote from: Silver Phoenix on October 14, 2016, 08:25:43 AM
After a vicious civil war, the losing (but still powerful) royal crown loses to the ursurpers.  Facing persecution and the assurance of grim tortures, the deposed King Arlan decides to upend and set sail across the great ocean with his heirs, and whatever wealth and loyal retainers he still has: his destination, the nameless and mythical lands across the vast ocean discovered only decades ago.

Countless mercenaries are brought to help them conquer and tame the new land, with gold and the promise of a new start and favour with the regime once established.  On a cold autumn morning, the grand fleet of over 300 ships set sail.  The month-long voyage was not without its mishaps however, and less than a third of the massive armada reaches across the tempestuous seas, after being ravaged by fierce storm of supernatural potency - the survivors of which all obtained peculiar silvery-white scars.

So by the GM all the characters have said scar somewhere. Even on the flawless skin of Tari. Remember it can be anywhere, under her hair, bottem of her foot, palm of her hand.

MU
Albert Einstein

Blinkin

Ah, wonder how I missed that. Apologies for the misunderstanding.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Silver Phoenix

Alright guys; going to toss in a last hour since I have dinner to make, then will close the recruitment up and begin selections!

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Silver Phoenix on October 23, 2016, 08:58:22 AM
Alright guys; going to toss in a last hour since I have dinner to make, then will close the recruitment up and begin selections!
*Vibrates with anticipation*

Blinkin

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Mister Ugly

**kicks back and flicks his finger to light up a cigar**

MU
Albert Einstein

Silver Phoenix

Okay, back from dinner and will now start going through the characters submitted.  Results due in a few hours from now.

Blinkin

*uses a celser bottle to put out MU's cigar* Didn't you see the-"

*slaps up a no smoking sighn*

"-the sign?"
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ChaoticSky on October 23, 2016, 09:07:37 AM
*Vibrates with anticipation*

*pokes ChaoticSky with vibrator to make her vibrate more*  >:)

Chulanowa

Ah well. CURSE YOU SLEEP!

Have fun with the game guys!

Mister Ugly

Quote from: Blinkin on October 23, 2016, 10:12:52 AM
*uses a celser bottle to put out MU's cigar* Didn't you see the-"

*slaps up a no smoking sighn*

"-the sign?"

*Is so ugly he has to wear a paper bag over his head even when using a computer so as not to scare the monitor and internet. Alas said paper bag is now wet and has to be removed so that Blinkin can see the full extent of why he is called Mr. UGLY!. He follows that with a stare at the sign which wilts and drops to the floor. Pulling a new paper bag on he lights a new cigar*

MU
Albert Einstein

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Blinkin

*replaces Who Wants To Be A Millionaire with theFinal Jeperdy tune.*

It just sounds more fun.

And the final jeperdy answer is...

Characters of Pirates and Mercenaries... please write down your answers now...

No Ms. Piggy, it's not Jack Sparrow, sorry... how much did you wager? Oh! 7,998 GP! That leaves you with 2 GP.

Well, Betty Boops, what did you put? Sorry, it's not The Dread Pirate.... Trump? How much did you wager? 9,000 GP? Ah, sorry betty, you didn't have that much, so you're 1,000 in the hole.

Alright Ginger, what did you put?

But first, a commercial break!
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Silver Phoenix

Final selections have been made and all players can refer to the OP post for the details.  My apologies to those who didn't; it hasn't been an easy choice.  If any of you who didn't make it would like - I can put you on standby, since the open nature of the game allows mercs to come and go.

Congrats to those who made it through; you may start making your character sheets! (if you haven't already done so)

Most will notice that I've selected 7 rather than the usual 4 - 6.  Not that I wish to jinx it, but previous experience on other sites has taught me there's always going to be some drop out, no exceptions, for whatever reasons - hence my recruiting strategy of: 4 for the team, 2 for extras, and 1 for luck!

Watch this space for the OOC page link, as soon as I get it up (within the next 24 hours from now)

indarkestknight

Disappointing, if not surprising.

Congratulations to those who passed muster.

I suppose I wouldn't mind being placed on standby.

Blinkin

Well... it's time to start working on the character, I guess.

I should have something by Tuesday.

Congrads to those who made it,

To the rest, good characters and good luck next time around. :)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

tyr4n02r

Yay, game time. Congrats and good luck to all.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Blinkin

Have most of the mechanics done, but had a question.

Will you allow alternate racial traits? There's one or two that I'm looking at that might make things more interesting.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Blinkin on October 23, 2016, 08:10:50 PM
Have most of the mechanics done, but had a question.

Will you allow alternate racial traits? There's one or two that I'm looking at that might make things more interesting.
Pretty sure those are given... or atleased ive never played a game that didnt allow them. o.o

Zaer Darkwail

I am now done with Travis charsheet, just need GM approve it (mostly that is blood reader allowed slayer talent as it directly gives me metagame knowlegde IC to my char know 'how much HP' target has). Also need know king Arlan's last name so Travis has it also. I considered also taking leadership but most GM's are not liking it :P.

Blinkin

Sadly, I have met a couple of GM's who are touchy about alternate racial traits and one who flat out said no.

Leadership is, to my view, seriously unbalancing in a party and adds huge headaches for the GM... but it's up to the GM.

Tari is essencially done, except for the approval process. I'll send it in in the morning.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

ChaoticSky

Ah, well, Leadership is different. Thats almost always banned because it does hideous things to games.  :P

tyr4n02r

Eh, work in progress. Needed some answers, but the concept is down. Should I wait on spell selection until others have chosen? Besides "Cure Light Wounds," I want to fill holes in the party. Combat medic focus, sorta.

Cantrips (5 total):
(Keepers): Guidance, Stabilize
WIP: Mending, Read Magic, Purify Food/Water

Oracle Spells (Cleric List, but permanent "Spells Known"; 3 total):
Keepers: Cure Light Wounds, Mighty Fist of the Earth (will definitely take later, at least,) Summon Monster I(or Minor Monster I, for later)
Options that fit the character: Carrion Call, Deadeye's Lore, Embrace Destiny, Ice Armor, Obscuring Mist, Read Weather, Remove Sickness
Other good ones: Bless, Command, Sanctuary, Stunning Barrier
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Blinkin

Tari has 3 spell like abilities, once a day, but they're all survival type spells. Create Water, Purify food/water and Know Direction.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Zaer Darkwail

If speak survival, do not underestimate endure elements.

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Blinkin

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 23, 2016, 09:45:04 PM
If speak survival, do not underestimate endure elements.

Endure Elements isn't a 0th level druid spell.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Silver Phoenix

1st level for many classes, including cleric, druid and ranger I believe.

Blinkin

And, I repeat, I have 3 0-level spells.

Endure Elements is a 1st level spell and only helps 1 person. I'm looking for general use spells that might help a party.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Mister Ugly

Quote from: Blinkin on October 24, 2016, 05:34:26 AM
And, I repeat, I have 3 0-level spells.

Endure Elements is a 1st level spell and only helps 1 person. I'm looking for general use spells that might help a party.

Blinkin, I am gathering you mean Fey magic racial trait. Take what helps you. Titch will have bless and Prayer from his patron which will do very nice buffs for the party. and of course the grand Fortune Hex.

MU
Albert Einstein

Zaer Darkwail

You can cast endure elements multiple times (as spontaneous caster you got more spell slots). Ofc cannot cover entire party yet but if we happen get into super hot or super cold region, could cast it upon those who lack proper clothing or are low on fort saves. But it's true it's niche spell mostly and depends on campaign. But you can unlearn it later if it never gets use.

From cantrips I say mending has more use (considering we do not use magical weapons/armor so able to repair those magically comes into use for sure). read/write magic comes only if we get scrolls or see magical writing. Also diseases can be major factor in 'community' which are attempted build into new lands so able remove diseases is big help.

Blinkin

There is a miscommunication here. I can cast these spell like abilities only once a day. I have debated a refresh spell, which would allow me o cast the cantrip spells again, but I need GM approval as it's designed for gnomes.

So endure elements is only once a day and one target.

I'll keep looking at spells. I figured that someone else would pick up mending.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

May I sugest Create Water, Blinkin?  :) 

ChaoticSky

So i wrote this as part of Sarah's background. Anyone got any opinions?

The Alley Of Other Gods and The Way of Unity

The Alley Of Other Gods
The usual deities have always existed in the Kingdom; the tavern of Cayden Cailean, the temple-brothel of Calistria, the shining golden temple of Serenrae, the beautiful garden of Shelyn and more. But many generations ago the Kingdom began trading more heavily with its neighbours. As trade increased, so did the number of foreigners within the capital's walls, strangers with strange ways and sometimes stranger faiths. As the foreign population and their wealth grew, they sought official sanction to practice their own faiths, build temples to their own gods... and sometimes these were beings considered repulsive to the sensibilities of the kingdom's citizens. As a gesture of openness and respecting the diversity of all peoples (to say nothing to cementing the Kingdom as a center of trade), the king of the time named one street that ran off from the Temple District as the Street of Other Gods, a place where any religion, any creed could build shrines or temples to their own gods, and practice their own faith's free of interference... so long as their antics troubled none but their own faithful.

A lofty notion, but one that was almost instantly abused. The gods of traders found their home on the Street but so did evil gods, strange cults, scam artists, and a multitude of others. Space almost instantly became a premium. Rather than a street of grand temples like the District it branched from, the place almost instantly dissolved into a tightly packed maze of small churches and shrines. Many of which morally objected to the practices (or entire existence) of each other. Low level conflicts raged for years, eventually leading to the Creed Riots that burned the entire street the ground. The King put his foot down and pronounced new laws that much more tightly regulated the street and in particular offered extreme punishments including eternal sanction against misbehaving faiths and execution for clergy who engaged in rabble rousing.

That put an end to open conflict and over the passage of years the Street eventually matured, coming to be known as 'The Alley of Other Gods" for its dizzying maze of small passages. The (subtle) support of the capital's native clergies as well as general success of more benign and goodly faiths has seen a gradual migration of fortunes and positions over time, and the Alley has found an unofficial organization in it. At the beginnings of the Alley, one will find more accepted and known faiths such the famous shrine to Desna that sits first, easily visible from the Temple District proper, along with shrines and churches to gods such as Brigh, Kurgess, Arshea and more. But the deeper one goes, the darker and stranger faiths become, it is said that any faith one can name can be found within the shadowed maze of the Alley, if one knows where to look. The middle grounds of the Alley are held (often fiercely) by lesser or evil gods that have clawed their way to some degree of legitimacy, and in this area can be found such things as the church of Asmodeus, temple of Irori, shrines to several Empyreal lords, a house of Zon Kuthon along with similar middle-ground faiths. What little trouble comes from the district in the current age typically arises from this area, as goodly faiths of lesser provenance in the Kingdom contend for space with religions dedicated to major evil deities. In the deepest, darkest corners you can find small shrines to Demon Lords, arch devils, strange outer gods and more, tended by shadowy priests and revered by small flocks of faithful.

In the public perception, the Alley is generally regarded as an amusing quirk of the Capital and proof of their civilizations greatness and tolerance, an occasional source of entertainment, and something of a tourist trap. A mostly-harmless-if-you-keep-your-wits-about-you sorta place to go and gawk at all the weird faiths in the world. Common humour often references the Alley as the source, or destination of all manner of strangeness, and more than one missing person has turned up in the Alley after finding a new faith and abandoning their old life, leading to delicious scandals. More than one contemporary play and bardic tale references the Alley; speaking of star crossed lovers or overly unhappy noble scions who flee their title finding acceptance among some strange cult or other. Prior to the Usurpation, perhaps the most popular tavern diddy was a comedic tale about a bumbling evil cleric from the depths of the Alley. Who through his nefarious schemes keeps accidentally saving kittens, finding loving homes for orphans, and other such shenanigans. With the skill of the bard reflected in how inventive, outlandish and unique their escapades are.

Which shows how seriously the common citizen took the existence of the Alley its self.

The Way of Unity
Starting as a simple cult to the deities of the Dark Tapestry in the depths of the Alley, the Way of Unity preached a creed of cooperation, freedom and togetherness of all things and places. It's simple and positive message, along with the manifest power of its high priest, drew in a small but devoted flock that only grew with time. Worshipping the deities of the Dark Tapestry in general, but with a focus on Yog-Sothoth and Shub-Niggurath as father and mother figures, they seek to bring all places and beings closer together in form and nature, to cooperate for the benefit of all and to exalt their chosen gods.

The creed gained notoriety for the sheer depravity of their sexual rites, which often included all manner of animals, races, and what creatures they could import safely or the high priest could summon. Observers were welcome, and the faith enjoyed a small fifteen minutes of fame as people came to watch the taboo spectacles. While this fad waned quickly, it served to cement the Way of Unity (or Unionists as they became more commonly known) in the public consciousness of the Kingdom. This awareness drew in new the curious and the jaded both, some coming because the pleasure they witnessed drew them in, while others simply wanted to try something that they had not yet grown bored of. Some came on a dare from unsporting friends and left forever changed. Unionism also spoke deeply to those of shattered homes, offering unconditional love and the bonds of family among its members. As well to those of mixed heritage themselves; half elves seeking to rebel, half orcs seeking people who would not look upon their features with fear or disgust but desire, as well as those of stranger bloodlines simply seeking a place of welcome, which is often so rare.

The taboo nature occasionally drew in those of higher birth, and over the passing of years many noble families came to have a blacksheep or two... often third or fourth sons or daughters with little to look forward to from their inheritance, that came to join the Unity. Lesser scions though they may be this patronage served to swell the coffers of the Way and the faith moved several times, further and further up the Alley, eventually settling somewhere along the boarderline between the first and middle bands (not like there was a formal line), where they built a tower tall enough to escape the surrounding roofs and provide an open view of the stars.

Though by no means did they intend to stay there forever.

As their fortunes swelled so too did their flock, and with the greater income the Unionists began setting about to fulfil the other part of their mandate; unity not just beings, but also places. They acquired a small library of spell books, focusing on teleportation and summoning magics, which they allowed any who wished to study in exchange for the crafting of scrolls or magical baubles that would duplicate the effects of the spell they wanted to study. This meant that teleportation and summoning magics became nearly universal among the Kingdom's learned magic users, save for a few who objected to the Unionists so ardently that they would not cross their threshold even for free spells. The created scrolls and minor magical items they got in exchange they distributed to their allies, allowing merchants, nobles and others who joined them to benefit greatly.

Prior to the usurpation, the Way of Unity sat on the very cusp of complete legitimacy. While many continued to balk at their rituals, they were regarded with a sort of vaguely patriotic pride; a home grown religion that was entirely the Kingdom's own. However, during the usurpation, most of the Kingdom's faiths chose to remain neutral as organizations (and their individual members followed their morals), the Way of Unity sided strongly with the rightful monarch, providing magical and military aid such as they could. While it would be easy to see this as self serving (and it was), their reasons were more all encompassing than that. The nobles in their ranks were loyalists and so pushed to support the crown, it was the right thing to do... and yes, the leaders of the faith hoped that they would be abel to bank on the support of the royal family thereafter and maybe get support and permission to build a new temple in the Temple District its self rather than continuing to wallow in the Alley of Other Gods. A perfect trifecta of reasons that propelled the Unionists into the conflict.

Alas, the battle turned against them, and neither the Unionists nor their carefully cultivated allies were enough to turn the tide back. When the decision was made to flee the Way joined the exodus, not willing to risk their fate on the forgiveness of the victors given that their faith already walked the narrowest of tightropes of acceptability. They emptied their supply of arcane items helping the evacuation, piled onto their own ships and joined the journey across the ocean. Unfortunately, their ill luck had yet to be exhausted... and the ships carrying the Way of Unity all went down in the storm despite the potent protections they possessed, but it was clear that those storms were not natural. The silver marks on all the survivor's bodies spoke to the truth of that.

Way of Unity

The Way of Unity (Way, The. Unionists.)
Alignment: CN
Pantheon: The Dark Tapestry
Main focus: Yog-Sothoth, Shub-Niggurath
Secondary Focus: Yig, Azathoth, Abhoth, Tsathoggua
Symbol: Three inward-facing goat heads with long horns forming three circles(biohazard symbol), trisected by three silver keys within a circle. Somehow manages to look lurid. Traditionally rendered of finely etched wood and silver where possible. Simple green and white dye or ink is used among the poorer. More gaudy depictions use jade or emerald and either white gold or platinum.

Obedience: Mate with another being that is different from yourself with intent to conceive, even where physically impossible. Where no partner is available, meditate on a doorway, or other threshold in view of the stars. Gain +2 on Diplomacy checks with creatures of a different Subtype, or +4 with creatures of a different Type.

Dogma
-Unity of Form
The Way of Unity believes that all material life is descended from Shub Niggurath, and that all the myriad forms such beings can take are the result of her unlimited fecundity. As such, all forms are divine, no matter how strange or different and should be appreciated as the Mother intended, worthy of both celebration and lust. All life is given to hold the birth-slick touch of her divinity, but those of mutable or changing forms are generally held to be closest to their goddess in appearance.

By extension, they believe that by interbreeding beings of different forms they are able to refine Shub-Niggurath's essence and achieve a more divine form. For this reason half-breeds of all manner are welcomed and celebrated. Unionists strongly encourages people to sire children with those who are different from themselves, while similar unions are not shunned, they are largely regarded as not advancing the faith's goals. To these ends, the Unionists strongly encourages notions of love and family that are communal. It is pointedly not enough to love one person, a good Unionist must love all things. Marriage is shunned both as a concept and an institution, as are notions of monogamy and exclusivity. Pansexuality, casual sex and orgies are the faith's norm, as they exalt a more primal ideal of sex and relationships. Pleasure is valued and sought, however contraception is strictly abhorred and being caught using such things, be they mundane or magical, is grounds for immediate excommunication.

Children sired among members are raised communally, though there is no interest in separating a child from its birth parents, ideally the child will come to regard the entire faith as an extended family who will in turn assist with the rearing of the child, contributing in what manner they are able be it vocational training or a kind word.

This creed is personified in the Sacred Children, those born of immaculate, impossible pregnancies between beings more commonly considered incompatible with humanoids, or even asexual. Such unions are considered a sign of Shub-Niggurath's blessing.

-Unity of Place
As within, so without. Yog-Sothoth is everywhere, hes all places and all times, he is the world and the very fabric of the Dark Tapestry incarnate. But he is also trapped beyond himself, held at arms reach and cursed to be unable to interact with all that he contains. But all places are the Father's and so the Way of Unity seeks to bring the world together, both metaphorically and literally.

To this end the Unionists patronize merchants and traders from distant lands, providing support and encouraging ever more distant ventures. Maps, both local and of distant lands are prized and both copied and given to those who would benefit from them. Towards the usurpation, the Children of Union were growing into a powerful supporter staunch ally of the local chapter of the Pathfinder Society, as well as beginning to offer free board and currency exchange for distant travellers, though few ever came to them for such services.

The Way collects and distributes spells of teleportation and summoning, encouraging magic users to master their arts and put them to use as often and casually as possible. They support local policies that welcome outsiders and nonhumanoid races.

They do all this in service to Yog-Sothoth, believing that bringing the world together weakens the separation between Him and the material plane. That because the Father is all places, when all places are brought together then the efficacy of his separation will wane and he shall be manifest in the world once more. That every distant traveller, every Gate, every creature called from across the planes and every step that spans great distance serves to bring this goal one step closer to fruition.

-Family All
The Unity views its self as more than a simple cult or religion, its a family of people who share certain views and working towards a shared goal. All members are brothers and sisters, clergy comport themselves less like superiors and more like caring older siblings or parents, guiding and loving but not commanding. All are welcome, all are entitled to love and be loved. This perhaps is one of the most powerful draws of the Way of Unity, as there is no shortage of people yearning for such bonds in their lives, no matter what baggage that may come with it.

Generally speaking the Way of Unity takes itself to supersede the bonds of traditional families, a pair of siblings who join are no more or less brother and sister than they are brother and sister with the other members of the faith, incest is not a subject that the cult recognizes (either positively or negatively), and such siblings would be encouraged to love each other as they love others. So too with parents and their spawn. Though the cult is extremely opposed to the exploitation of minors, seeing such acts as a violation of the bonds of trust and family equal to rape (no matter the victim being ‘willing’ or not). Instead they promote a gradual, positive sexual awakening, where those who are coming of age are invited to observe, question, learn, and explore their own bodies before being welcomed among their family in service to Shub Niggurath.

With their focus on sexual rites and reproduction, children were common among Unionists, often to ‘single parents’ given their disapproval of couples. This is however not a great hardship, mothers receive the support of the entire cult. Rather than a single father, children gain many aunts and uncles who are more than willing to help out however they can, a fact that defies social strata and often furnishes the young with greater opportunities in life. Due to this, children often take their mother’s first name as their ‘family’ name, which provides some ability to distinguish lineage despite the lack of formal family groups, and often impossibly of determining who the father is, while rewarding the especially fecund.

Relationships
For the Way of Unity’s part, the faith is friendly towards all goodly deities and their clergy, though their  cheer is often strained in the company of more lawfully oriented faiths such as Abadar’s. This is not to say they find much to agree with in many of them. Any faith that focuses on civilization, order, or dictates what is and isnt acceptable will almost certainly be ideologically incompatible with the Unity’s practices. Unionists simply prefer to be the changes they would make in the world and welcome others in mutual respect despite their differences.

This does not extend to more evil faiths; the Unity is violently opposed to any faith that divides people, those who emphasize underhanded practices or the erosion of positive traits, practices xenophobia, racism, or any other kind of -ism. They see these as things that divide people and drive them apart, in direct opposition to the goal of bringing people together. Furthermore, they seem to have a very calculated loathing for less benign cults to the Outer Gods, seeing them as misguided and hurting the Unity’s reputation.

That said, other faiths often feel differently about the Way of Union, no other religion actively endorses them, good or otherwise. They often disapprove of the cult’s practices while at the same time having a hard time shunning such a positive creed. For example followers of Shelyn share the Unity’s broad appreciation of love and beauty, even that which is not considered conventionally beautiful... but very strongly wish that the Unionists would be less extreme in their ideas of what is and isnt a valid bed partner.

There are exceptions however, the faith of Desna was a well known foe of the Way of Unity, famously so in some cases, and though it was never strong in the Kingdom’s capital, it did everything it could to stymie the Unity whenever possible. Desna represents travel, but is more interested in the beauty of the land and the joy of seeing new things, while the Unity believes in bringing the world together and effectively outmoding travel as a concept, destroying the experience of it in favour of making it as easy as possible. Perhaps more to the point however is that Desna ostensibly stands guard over Golarion, protecting it from the horrors of the Dark Tapestry, including the gods that reside there... the same gods that the Way of Unity worships. Should they ever succeed in drawing down their patrons, it would mean she failed in her appointed duty.

Worshippers
The followers of the Way of Unity are an eclectic collection, people from every walk of life. Everyone is welcome in the Unity, but the faith appeals most strongly to those who feel unwelcome or unwanted by others, be it family or society at large. Half-breeds and peoples of mixed blood are valued for the diversity they bring, and can easily find a place of welcome in the cult. The mildly crazy, or perverse also frequently find acceptance, even lauded for their ways if they are well suited to the Unity’s philosophy.

The Unity is sometimes sought or invoked by families seeking children, outcasts and by travellers. Though the Unity frowns on the idea of marriage, they have been known to bless couplings of non-Unionists who’s union would be spurned by all others, such as a hunter and her loyal hound.

As with the kingdom’s own demographic, most Unionists were human with few members of other races represented, though humanoids of mixed ancestry; Half orcs, Half elves, Teiflings, Suli, etc, were much more common among the cult than statistically average. Especially Half Orcs and Teiflings who find an easy acceptance in the Unity that is denied them elsewhere.

Clergy
Priests of the Unity are typically people of mixed descent of some sort, who wear minimal (or easily removed) clothing for the climate of green and silver-grey. While some were learned clerics or druids who feel affinity for more than what is merely natural, the majority were Oracles. Formal attire was less a matter of clothing and more often consisted of designs painted or tattooed on the flesh, and augmented with heavy jewellery. Elaborate but functional daggers are typical weapons and often worn openly. While the clergy certainly encompassed individuals of every possible body type, the ideal build was one of natural ruggedness, stamina and strength.

Priest/esses of the Way of Unity were well known friends to merchants and magic users, levering the cult’s resources to enable the former and provide spells of certain types to the latter. Additionally, they were known to interfere to protect those who were shunned for difference. They were sometimes sought out by those who have trouble conceiving a child, or who sought information about distant lands.

Generally they had a reputation of being kind and even useful, but quite mad.

Temples and Shrines
The Unionists had a single temple located in the Alley of Other Gods in the old Kingdom, abandoned now save for a few brave souls who chose to remain behind. None the less, the Book of Sacred Unity contains instructions for creating and sanctifying temples and shrines.

Temples are to be built as towers, extending both up and down into the earth, with the rooftop sanctified in the name of Yog-Sothoth, while the basement is for Shub Niggurath. The floors in between are used for more secular pursuits of the faith and for shrines to the other gods of the Dark Tapestry that the Unionists acknowledge. While the roof need only be open to the sky, the book is very specific that the basement is to be made into a place where carnality can be pursued safely with all manner of beings, with every effort made to be welcoming and comfortable. The mostly-altruistic business of the Way draws in wizards and other learned casters seeking to expand their knowledge of summoning or teleportation magics. While an open-door policy also welcomes any one who pledges not to interfere with their rites, be it to make use of the basement for an intimate retreat, or gaze upon the stars. Though such visitors are more than welcome to... join in.

For smaller Shrines the book calls for altars to be placed in locations open to both the earth and stars, either in cities or in locations of great natural fecundity, and calls for the use of natural materials of stone, wood or bone to be carved in particular ways and assembled to reference the pole star. Such altars should be large and comfortable enough to be used as a bed at mininum. If properly sanctified, the shrine will quickly be infested with the bounty of life, filled in by fungus, moss, insects and small creatures over days or weeks. Larger creatures will often be drawn to the shrine to mate, and the local area will generally experience a persistent upswing of new births. The text also speaks of secret ways to travel from shrine to shrine without crossing the space between, but if anyone knows the method to achieve this, they have not spoken of it, though it likely rests somewhere in the depths of the Book

Holy Text
The Book of Sacred Unity is the sacred text of the Way of Unity. The weighty tome begins by detailing the goal and ideals of the faith, before slowly dissolving into a chaotic mess of prayers and rituals intermixed randomly with detailed guides towards mating with strange creatures (some of which dont even seem to exist on Golarion!), atlases, portal maps and star charts. These pages get more messy and crazed as the book progresses, with some pages written mirrored or in strange patters, many are covered by annotations and mad ramblings and some simply hold symbols with no appreciable meaning. Towards the end these pages become so occult, insane, over-written and messy that they are nearly impossible to read. Common dogma holds that these latter pages hold deeper truths of the faith, more potent rituals, even the very words of their gods. Their meanings are said to be hidden lest they drive the unprepared mad, but this rarely stops the devote from spending hours trying to tease meaning from the pages. All known copies of the Book were penned by the High Priest of Unity himself in his own hand and given to all the clergy of the Unionists, as well as the Sacred Children.

Holidays
The Way of Unity recognize no formal holidays, though the spring and autumn solstices are usually marked by particularly lavish rites invoking Shub-Niggurath and Yog-Sothoth respectively.

tyr4n02r

Zephyr Erkin the Blind Monkey is ready-ish. This is my first time on Pathfinder starting over lv3 so, someone please check my numbers, especially on gear. May still play around w spell selection.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Zaer Darkwail

ChaoticSky: A very interesting history of the cult but more so paints interesting lore to the kingdom/capital which we left behind :).

Silver Phoenix

Quote from: ChaoticSky on October 24, 2016, 07:45:44 AM
So i wrote this as part of Sarah's background. Anyone got any opinions?

The Alley Of Other Gods and The Way of Unity

The Alley Of Other Gods
The usual deities have always existed in the Kingdom; the tavern of Cayden Cailean, the temple-brothel of Calistria, the shining golden temple of Serenrae, the beautiful garden of Shelyn and more. But many generations ago the Kingdom began trading more heavily with its neighbours. As trade increased, so did the number of foreigners within the capital's walls, strangers with strange ways and sometimes stranger faiths. As the foreign population and their wealth grew, they sought official sanction to practice their own faiths, build temples to their own gods... and sometimes these were beings considered repulsive to the sensibilities of the kingdom's citizens. As a gesture of openness and respecting the diversity of all peoples (to say nothing to cementing the Kingdom as a center of trade), the king of the time named one street that ran off from the Temple District as the Street of Other Gods, a place where any religion, any creed could build shrines or temples to their own gods, and practice their own faith's free of interference... so long as their antics troubled none but their own faithful.

A lofty notion, but one that was almost instantly abused. The gods of traders found their home on the Street but so did evil gods, strange cults, scam artists, and a multitude of others. Space almost instantly became a premium. Rather than a street of grand temples like the District it branched from, the place almost instantly dissolved into a tightly packed maze of small churches and shrines. Many of which morally objected to the practices (or entire existence) of each other. Low level conflicts raged for years, eventually leading to the Creed Riots that burned the entire street the ground. The King put his foot down and pronounced new laws that much more tightly regulated the street and in particular offered extreme punishments including eternal sanction against misbehaving faiths and execution for clergy who engaged in rabble rousing.

That put an end to open conflict and over the passage of years the Street eventually matured, coming to be known as 'The Alley of Other Gods" for its dizzying maze of small passages. The (subtle) support of the capital's native clergies as well as general success of more benign and goodly faiths has seen a gradual migration of fortunes and positions over time, and the Alley has found an unofficial organization in it. At the beginnings of the Alley, one will find more accepted and known faiths such the famous shrine to Desna that sits first, easily visible from the Temple District proper, along with shrines and churches to gods such as Brigh, Kurgess, Arshea and more. But the deeper one goes, the darker and stranger faiths become, it is said that any faith one can name can be found within the shadowed maze of the Alley, if one knows where to look. The middle grounds of the Alley are held (often fiercely) by lesser or evil gods that have clawed their way to some degree of legitimacy, and in this area can be found such things as the church of Asmodeus, temple of Irori, shrines to several Empyreal lords, a house of Zon Kuthon along with similar middle-ground faiths. What little trouble comes from the district in the current age typically arises from this area, as goodly faiths of lesser provenance in the Kingdom contend for space with religions dedicated to major evil deities. In the deepest, darkest corners you can find small shrines to Demon Lords, arch devils, strange outer gods and more, tended by shadowy priests and revered by small flocks of faithful.

In the public perception, the Alley is generally regarded as an amusing quirk of the Capital and proof of their civilizations greatness and tolerance, an occasional source of entertainment, and something of a tourist trap. A mostly-harmless-if-you-keep-your-wits-about-you sorta place to go and gawk at all the weird faiths in the world. Common humour often references the Alley as the source, or destination of all manner of strangeness, and more than one missing person has turned up in the Alley after finding a new faith and abandoning their old life, leading to delicious scandals. More than one contemporary play and bardic tale references the Alley; speaking of star crossed lovers or overly unhappy noble scions who flee their title finding acceptance among some strange cult or other. Prior to the Usurpation, perhaps the most popular tavern diddy was a comedic tale about a bumbling evil cleric from the depths of the Alley. Who through his nefarious schemes keeps accidentally saving kittens, finding loving homes for orphans, and other such shenanigans. With the skill of the bard reflected in how inventive, outlandish and unique their escapades are.

Which shows how seriously the common citizen took the existence of the Alley its self.

The Way of Unity
Starting as a simple cult to the deities of the Dark Tapestry in the depths of the Alley, the Way of Unity preached a creed of cooperation, freedom and togetherness of all things and places. It's simple and positive message, along with the manifest power of its high priest, drew in a small but devoted flock that only grew with time. Worshipping the deities of the Dark Tapestry in general, but with a focus on Yog-Sothoth and Shub-Niggurath as father and mother figures, they seek to bring all places and beings closer together in form and nature, to cooperate for the benefit of all and to exalt their chosen gods.

The creed gained notoriety for the sheer depravity of their sexual rites, which often included all manner of animals, races, and what creatures they could import safely or the high priest could summon. Observers were welcome, and the faith enjoyed a small fifteen minutes of fame as people came to watch the taboo spectacles. While this fad waned quickly, it served to cement the Way of Unity (or Unionists as they became more commonly known) in the public consciousness of the Kingdom. This awareness drew in new the curious and the jaded both, some coming because the pleasure they witnessed drew them in, while others simply wanted to try something that they had not yet grown bored of. Some came on a dare from unsporting friends and left forever changed. Unionism also spoke deeply to those of shattered homes, offering unconditional love and the bonds of family among its members. As well to those of mixed heritage themselves; half elves seeking to rebel, half orcs seeking people who would not look upon their features with fear or disgust but desire, as well as those of stranger bloodlines simply seeking a place of welcome, which is often so rare.

The taboo nature occasionally drew in those of higher birth, and over the passing of years many noble families came to have a blacksheep or two... often third or fourth sons or daughters with little to look forward to from their inheritance, that came to join the Unity. Lesser scions though they may be this patronage served to swell the coffers of the Way and the faith moved several times, further and further up the Alley, eventually settling somewhere along the boarderline between the first and middle bands (not like there was a formal line), where they built a tower tall enough to escape the surrounding roofs and provide an open view of the stars.

Though by no means did they intend to stay there forever.

As their fortunes swelled so too did their flock, and with the greater income the Unionists began setting about to fulfil the other part of their mandate; unity not just beings, but also places. They acquired a small library of spell books, focusing on teleportation and summoning magics, which they allowed any who wished to study in exchange for the crafting of scrolls or magical baubles that would duplicate the effects of the spell they wanted to study. This meant that teleportation and summoning magics became nearly universal among the Kingdom's learned magic users, save for a few who objected to the Unionists so ardently that they would not cross their threshold even for free spells. The created scrolls and minor magical items they got in exchange they distributed to their allies, allowing merchants, nobles and others who joined them to benefit greatly.

Prior to the usurpation, the Way of Unity sat on the very cusp of complete legitimacy. While many continued to balk at their rituals, they were regarded with a sort of vaguely patriotic pride; a home grown religion that was entirely the Kingdom's own. However, during the usurpation, most of the Kingdom's faiths chose to remain neutral as organizations (and their individual members followed their morals), the Way of Unity sided strongly with the rightful monarch, providing magical and military aid such as they could. While it would be easy to see this as self serving (and it was), their reasons were more all encompassing than that. The nobles in their ranks were loyalists and so pushed to support the crown, it was the right thing to do... and yes, the leaders of the faith hoped that they would be abel to bank on the support of the royal family thereafter and maybe get support and permission to build a new temple in the Temple District its self rather than continuing to wallow in the Alley of Other Gods. A perfect trifecta of reasons that propelled the Unionists into the conflict.

Alas, the battle turned against them, and neither the Unionists nor their carefully cultivated allies were enough to turn the tide back. When the decision was made to flee the Way joined the exodus, not willing to risk their fate on the forgiveness of the victors given that their faith already walked the narrowest of tightropes of acceptability. They emptied their supply of arcane items helping the evacuation, piled onto their own ships and joined the journey across the ocean. Unfortunately, their ill luck had yet to be exhausted... and the ships carrying the Way of Unity all went down in the storm despite the potent protections they possessed, but it was clear that those storms were not natural. The silver marks on all the survivor's bodies spoke to the truth of that.
Will give it a look over when I get home and not looking at things over my phone.

Mister Ugly

Quote from: tyr4n02r on October 24, 2016, 07:48:40 AM
Zephyr Erkin the Blind Monkey is ready-ish. This is my first time on Pathfinder starting over lv3 so, someone please check my numbers, especially on gear. May still play around w spell selection.

Hey Tyr, I would check your feats in pathfinder you get them at levels 1/3/5/7 etc it looks like you only took 2 and at weird levels. The character also gets a +1 to any ability at level 4. I am also not seeing how you priced out the swords. I could be wrong but a flaming burst is +2 ability and would cost 8000 to place on a weapon and flaming is a +1 that would cost 2000.

I am curious as well on how that all works. Someone recheck things please.

MU
Albert Einstein

tyr4n02r

Feats:
(Feat L1) Weapon Finesse; (Feat L3; corrected) Combat Expertise; (Feat L5) Improved Feint (just added, thx)
(Brawler L1 Class Skill) Improved Unarmed Strike as Bonus Feat; (Brawler L2 Class Skill) Bonus "Combat" Feat: Pirahna Strike (chosen)

Another +1 to any ability? Where does that come from? Did I miss that? I'm using the SRD, but I have access to pdfs (in a day anyway)

Magical Weapon Pricing (AS I UNDERSTAND IT...) : Using ABP, the prices have a reduced bonus (so I have to fix that, fixed,) and reduced pricing cost according to this page/chart on ABP (Info on this is the LAST paragraph, accompanying the chart. It's at the bottom with no html placeholder, so sorry but you gotta scroll down.)

Correct me if I'm wrong on any.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Mister Ugly

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/character-advancement

Tyr you should check this site and also the whole site has wonderful and updated to current FAQ information.

Checking the advancement table a character gains a +1 to any ability at levels 4/8/12/16/20.
They do note tell you right out that it is a +1, a failing there, but in the core rulebook it is stated.

I use this to improve an odd number ability. Example in the character building post at the start of the thread. Silver said no starting ability above 15. So try this [if you want] Cha at 15, racial bonus +2, GM gift bonus +2, level advancement [L4] +1. That would put CHA a lively 20 to start. Build point cost of 7 leaving 13 more for the rest of the character. You can of course in another ability. Dex would be very good for a brawler.

I hope that helps!!

MU
Albert Einstein

Blinkin

There is acontridiction in the pricing of weapons and armor in that table, which seems to only be for armor/shields.

In a nutshell, weapons/armor requires a +1 enchantment before you can add something like flaming on it, but in ABP, the +1 requirement is waved, so flaming would only cost the normal +1 cost... 2,000. A flameburst would cost 8,000 gp.

Unfortunately, the standard rule is that you can only spend half of your gold on any single item, the cap is 4,000 gp.

Armor is more forgiving, under ABP, Armor of Concealment would only cost you 1,000 instead of 4,000. A more powerful enchantment, ssay a +2 enchantment, would only cost 4,000 instead of 9,000. No example comes to mind.

The table looks to essencially ccut the cost in half, but it only relates to armor and shields and there's a greater savings than that.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

tyr4n02r

@Blinkin: Ah ok, edited them (downgraded the weapons) and should be good.

@MU: Yeah that's what I was using for everything, although idk how I missed that advancement. Maybe im just too stuck in 5e. Added that point too. BTW what is the natural max a single stat can have?

PS: woulda gotten back to yall sooner, but my computer likes to freeze on Elliquiy. *shrugs*

EDIT: But I didnt fix my bonuses. Just did.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

indarkestknight

Pathfinder doesn't have ability score caps built into the system. That's a purely 5e thing.

That said, since 15 is the highest you can buy with point buy, the highest at your current level would be 22 for a mental score and 20 for a physical score before accounting for equipment.

15 point buy + 2 racial + 2 misc bonus at chargen + 1 from level 4 ability score increase + 2 mental enhancement from level 6 automatic bonus progression.

In the long-term, barring anything wacky, max is 35 for all ability scores (15 point buy + 2 racial + 2 misc bonus at chargen + 5 from level up increases + 5 inherent + 6 enhancement).

Blinkin

I once had a level 12 with a dex of 26. But it cost me a hell of a lot to do it.

But when he hit, he hit hard!

Tari's damage isn't as high as I would like, but on a roll over 14, she can put out about nearly 30 points an attack. If she's hasted and getting a riposte in, triple that.

So, someone tell me that someone took haste?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

tyr4n02r

Non-spon Diviner, sorry. But, if your face is busted OR you need a face busted, I'm your blind guy!
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Blinkin on October 24, 2016, 05:00:36 PM
So, someone tell me that someone took haste?

Sadly my slave does not know 3th level spells yet....she is more embracing her draconic powers to grow stronger but level later she can pick 3th level spells. But is it going be haste or something else will be seen.

Blinkin

didn't know that you were picking the character's spells for him.

Oh well, about what I was expecting. Buffing spells are as rare as clerics these days. Everyone wants to get combat spells and be in the front lines.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Zaer Darkwail

Nah, not choosing spells for Muse's char :). That was sort IC hat on when I refered to our group's drow dragon blooded sorceress :P.

Latooni Subota

Expect my finished crunch by tomorrow night!

Muse

Zaer isn't choosing spells for me.  (Excpet when I ask him too.) 

I  just linked him to the work in progress sheet. 

I'm happy to do the same for anyone else who asks, I'm just not supposed to link google drive to the public portions of the site. 

Mister Ugly

Quote from: Blinkin on October 24, 2016, 05:33:55 PM
didn't know that you were picking the character's spells for him.

Oh well, about what I was expecting. Buffing spells are as rare as clerics these days. Everyone wants to get combat spells and be in the front lines.

Actually Titch has very little direct combat spells. And while haste is not on his witch spell list it is on a patron list just not the one I am giving him. Instead there will be Bless, Aid and Prayer. Also evil eye to reduce ac -2 and fortune on your character which allows her to roll two d20 and take the best result. Add in battle field control spells and Titch can help your brawler a lot.

I have read several guides on Wizards which can be applied to a witch and yes many are glass cannons but the best are the controller types that add actions to the team. Expect swarms and summon monsters from Titch...maybe stinking cloud...rain of frogs...other hexes including cure lights that can be done quickly at range in a combat setting. The only true combat spell he will have is lightning bolt.

I built Titch to help the party and a witch just does not have the spells of a blaster unless they take elemental as a patron.

I am willing to work with the team and go with a patron that is preferred. I was planning on the 'ancestor' list from the list of patrons. If you all think a better patron works I can figure out a way to work that into Titch's background. Let me know.

MU
Albert Einstein

Muse

Quote from: Blinkin on October 24, 2016, 05:33:55 PM

Can't take Haste if you don't have third level spells, Blinkin. 

And I play clerics a lot

Silver Phoenix

Okay, I'm a little behind on getting the OOC up due to my RL load, but I'm working on that now.

I wouldn't be too worried about buff capabilities as I can always adjust things a bit to make it more even (most of the time ::) ).  Just be certain adjust your tactics accordingly when there's a battle at hand.

Blinkin

Quote from: Muse on October 25, 2016, 12:45:11 AM

Can't take Haste if you don't have third level spells, Blinkin. 

And I play clerics a lot.

And I thought that I saw just about all of the classes with at least two 3rd level spells by 6th level. Wonder why they all list that is no one can get 3rd level spells?

Anyway, it was all said in humor, but as usual, I should know better.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

ChaoticSky

Added a technical paizo-style writeup to my lorepost.

*pokes Silver and runs off*  ;D

Silver Phoenix

Quote from: ChaoticSky on October 25, 2016, 10:07:30 AM
Added a technical paizo-style writeup to my lorepost.

*pokes Silver and runs off*  ;D
Finally had a little time to look it over, and I figure it works.  Certainly as far as the fluff text goes, lol.

ChaoticSky

Im thinking of grabbing a bag of holding I, for da loots. Are we going to be tracking carryweight and such? Will it be a good investment for this game?

Blinkin

Tari has a handy haversack that should hold anything that she needs, but if you want a bag of holding, feel free to get one.I've never filled up a haversack before, but my characters tend to dump unnecessary things fairly regularly

Hmmm.. probably need to get a bucket though...
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

tyr4n02r

I already have one with like no space being used, so you dont NEED one. Grab it is you want though.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Silver Phoenix

Okay, sorry for the delay guys, the OOC page is up and you can find it here.