News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Pathfinder Assassin's Guild

Started by Mantis Shrimp Prime, April 07, 2017, 02:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re Z L

The obvious answer is whichever you would like to play more...  ;D

Sniper could be neat, you could even still do it pretty well with gunslinger if you wanted.
A&A

Bibliophilia

Are you still accepting sheets?

firepyre

He pretty much said he'd be keeping it open indefinitely, so go ahead and work something out^^

Bibliophilia

-dances.-  Is there a list of what's been submitted somewhere?

I'm planning a cleric of Ardad Lili, but I don't wanna step on anyone's toes.

firepyre

Not as far as I know. You'll just have to read back through the thread.

...Feel free to compile one though.   

Bibliophilia

I got her started and am tossing this up so I can work on it as I figure things out.  Aasimar Cleric of a Whore Queen...mmm.

NSFW

Kiera Virtanen
Aasimar Cleric 10

Appearance:  Those who learn that Kie(pronounced so it rhymes with sky) has celestial ancestry are never very surprised.  She looks the way one would expect an angel to look, and her manner of dress only reinforces that vision.  Her long, thick, shiny golden-blonde hair seems to always find the light in a manner which makes it almost glow like a halo around her beautiful, elegantly-structured face.  Large, fathomless eyes the color of a clear summer sky gaze out over high cheekbones, through lush, gilded lashes long enough to tickle her architectural brows.  Her skin is milk and honey with a faint dusting of gold, every inch perfectly flawless and silky soft.  She wears a floor-length white dress with pale blue trim that matches her eyes and a matching shawl.  Her hair is usually braided at her crown and hidden beneath a white wimple-style hat.  She wears simple blue slippers, and, in general, appears to be a modest, devout priestess of some faith devoted to chastity and poverty.

However, that is merely the face Kie presents to the public...a role she plays for her own amusement and benefit.  Beneath her gown, her body is a lush wonderland of delights for the senses.  She bathes everyday in perfumed waters infused with essential oils and herbs, designed to keep her skin as soft, supple and sweetly-scented as possible.  Her figure is the very definition of the feminine ideal, with full, heavy breasts that seem to defy gravity with up-swept peaks the color of pink rosebuds.  Her slender waist flares out into full hips supporting a plump, firm ass that flexes and jiggles with each move of her thick thighs and comely calves.  She has the face of an angel, but her body was made for sinning and she does so...prodigiously and creatively.

Kie has a holy symbol of her deity tattooed on the back of each of her hands, and they are covered by a pair of white gloves when she is in her holy vestments.  On the back of her right hand is a pair of lush, red lips with a black, forked tongue protruding from between them and on the left are a pair of wings formed out of serpent tails.  On her back she has a delicate, intricate tattoo that extends from between her shoulders to her lower back.

Personality:  Kie is down to have a good time, in every meaning of the word.  She loves to get her hands dirty, whether it be with the blood of her enemies or that of her compatriots as she mends their wounds.  While she likes dressing up, and dressing down, she would never be accused of being prissy, but a large part of that is a result of her unadulterated and unapologetic lust for life.  She craves new experiences or old experiences, all experiences are equally intriguing in her estimation, whether it be a delicious meal, bottle of wine and wild fuck or a whack across the head and a good, old-fashioned robbing.  While one is certainly more pleasant, both have their merits and provide one with new sensations and stories to tell.

Kie hasn't had much in the way of book-learning, but she makes up for that with practical wisdom and an over-abundance of...charm.  She's sharp-witted and has a silver tongue, which means she can talk her way out of most situations, and if that doesn't work, she's not above using her feminine wiles.  She was gifted with a pretty face and bangin' physique, and she will put either or both to good use if necessary.  Or if she's just too lazy to try doing things the harder way.  She's acutely aware of her own short-comings, and never faults others for passing her over when it comes time to do some deductive reasoning.  Still, anyone who gets to thinking she's stupid will find themselves surprised when she reads someone within moments of meeting them, or provides a keen insight on a situation that others might have missed.

History:  Kie was born to a pair of simple peasants in a nothing village on the outskirts of a region no one ever gave a damn about.  It's not her origins that matter, for she never knew her birth parents or where she came from.  The tales of her birth and unusual beauty reached the ears of the dark priestesses of Ardad Lili, who visited her home and took her from her parents, leaving behind a small sack of gold as payment.  She was taken for her celestial origins, as the priestesses were always on the look out for the birth of the celestial-kin females that they might raise them in the image of their wicked goddess.

Kie grew up in the temple, traditional lessons forsaken for those which would make her a creature of perfect persuasion, allure, and, once she reached the proper age, seduction.  She engaged in both practical and theoretical lessons on the subjects of carnal pleasures, conversation, deception and magic.  All teachings combined and melded with the tenets of her faith, until one could never separate anything from the tangle and each concept grew organically from each other concept.  And it all served as worship to Ardad Lili.

Eventually, it was time for Kie's lessons to be put to practical use, and she began to venture from the temple to lure the right people into traps.  Sometimes she seduced those who purported to piety into wicked acts that broke their faith and added new followers to Ardad's congregation.  Sometimes her task was more final, and she used her charm and beauty to place her victim in a vulnerable state before ending their life.  She took no pleasure from killing, but neither did it disgust her as it did others.  All life came to an end, it made very little difference whether she was the one bringing about the end, or not.  Every death served to benefit the living, and the dead didn't care if they were dead, after all.

Despite the fact that she was clever with her kills, and could never be directly blamed for the deaths that seemed to follow her, she became well-known in certain circles for her skills.  This renown, or infamy, came to the awareness of the Choir of Swords, who invited her to join.  She's been a part of the guild for a few years now, working for both them and her faith, when the priestesses of Ardad Lili call upon her. 

Sexuality:  Kie is as pansexual as they come.  She very much follows in the 9" stripper heels of her deity.

Zaer Darkwail

Oh, sinful seducing assassin nun  >:)

Re Z L

That's a DnD sheet, Biblio  ;D
A&A

Bibliophilia

That...wow, yup.  I'll fix that later today.  I remembered reading the 3rd edition stuff in the OP, and for some reason that stuck and made me think the game was 3.5...despite it having PF right there in the name.

Zaer Darkwail

Also curious how you came up with last name for your char Bibliophilia; as it's finnish last name :).

MingMing

I assumed it was from the mixing of Greek and Latin, Biblio for books or libraries, and Philia for 'love of'.  Love of Books, basically.
“I have not seen one who loves virtue as he loves sex”- Confucius

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

Zaer Darkwail

No, I meant last name of the char and not her avatar MingMing :P. I meant Virtanen is a finnish last name.

Bibliophilia

Her whole name is Finnish, sort of.  I spelled the first differently, but I just find Finnish, Swedish, Iceleandic, ect. names to be the most...fantasy.

Chulanowa

Welsh is the most fantasy, but sometimes you just want a vowel.

Bibliophilia

Wales was in the ect.  -giggles.-  I only go there of I want people to have no idea how to pronounce the name.  'My name is Wnprsdl.  It's pronounced Wendy.'

Zaer Darkwail

Well, cannot blame finnish names sounding fantasy like :). Most finnish names mean a place, origin or natural element (or activity of natural element). Virtanen is twister from Virta, which means flow. But close translation to english Virtanen means person from the flow, albeit in finnish we would not use last name like that mean something like that and instead go full normal sentence to descripe such.

MingMing

While I would agree that Finnish sounds the most Tolkien Fantasy (mostly because he drew heavily from Finnish myth for his Middle Earth setting), I would not say it's necessarily the most FANTASY.  Welsh is good, especially when I think of my love for the writings of Lloyd Alexander, but honestly...  it's so subjective. 

One of the founding fathers of fantasy who predates both C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien is Robert E. Howard, whose breadth of published fantasy far outnumbers the two of them combined.  Howard was famously fond of using the span of both Africa and Central Asia for a great many of his characters, also borrowing heavily across the globe for his stories, including American Indian sources.  His friend, contemporary, and the father of the modern dark fantasy, Clark Ashton Smith, collected and created most of the cosmology of the Elder Gods that he would share with Howard and a fellow named H.P. Lovecraft, using a completely alien and made-up tongue for much of his inspired works.

My point being that "Fantasy" sounds are solely in the realm of whatever settings and cultures one has been first initiated into.  One does not after all, find much in the way of Finnish sounding names in the epics of the Illiad, Odyssey, Aeniad, Ramayana, Mahabharata, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, or the Water Margin.  Those are the founding stones of mythic fantasy for more than two thirds of the globe.  It's all relative, neh?
“I have not seen one who loves virtue as he loves sex”- Confucius

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

Zaer Darkwail

And let's not forget that oldest writing of mythic tier fantasy (recorded so far) is from ancient Mesopotamia; Epic of Gilgamesh. It has hero (a 3/4 god), a best friend made from clay by hands of gods (originally meant to slay him) and their battles and journey against gods and then Gilgamesh own personal journey to seek immortality to avoid death (like how Enkidu was forced to endure in front of him as curse from the gods).

Overall all good tales has seed in ancient history oneway or other, example Dracula was inspired by real historical figure in Transylvania (albeit twisted and made similar to another famous figure who was a female who bathed in blood of virgins to preserve her youth and beauty). Misconception of course is that they mix real Vlad the Impaler with fictional stuff which got nothing to do with him. But none the less thanks to fictional invention/inspiration from real thing it inspired a mythical figure which we all know and think is cool even today.

All countries have cool figures and mythical figures, fins do have it as do swedish, french, denmark, britain, russia. In equal sense any of those figures can inspire fantasy setting or fantasy names; it's just what feels right/good for ya :).

Above is my copper piece of thought on the matter about fantasy writer inspirations.

Chulanowa

I always find my homebrew fantasy stuff tending towards east africa and the middle east, personally. I mean I LOVE the whole "castles and knights" thing, don't get me wrong... but mostly for the nostalgia of it. Given the time to write my own fantasy stuff I'd almost certainly end up with something set in a world resembling the Western Indian basin, drawing off the Swahili city-states, Yemen, and coastal India.

In fact i keep my fingers crossed for a pathfinder game set in Qadira, or an al-Qadim game. I eat that stuff like hummus.

Chulanowa

Ahem. Anyway, as I rummage aroudn my character bin, I make a few discovers.

1. I have very few characters that are good for an "evil" sort of game. I don't edgelord well.
2. I have an excess of barbarian-types.
3. The remainder are rogues.

So. WHat i'm looking at right now is either a "brute force" character... or someone who can pick up the arcane slack left by an arcane bomber wizard (seriously Zaer? You took my bombs, man!)

Bibliophilia

Okay, fair.  I should have said the names from those regions sound more Tolkien fantasy, which characters like my Aasimar are based on.  Though, Tolkien never made the fantasy equivalent of Hot Lips from M.A.S.H, you know...if she was a slut.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Chulanowa on May 17, 2017, 05:52:55 PM
So. WHat i'm looking at right now is either a "brute force" character... or someone who can pick up the arcane slack left by an arcane bomber wizard (seriously Zaer? You took my bombs, man!)

Bombs are awesome and more awesome in hands of destructive minded genius wizard :P. But school of bombs does hinder my char in spell versatillity and so second wizard with different school focus other than destruction or illusions (as my wizard has lots illusions) would be nice.

Bibliophilia

Mantis, how does Channel Energy work, given the fact that Alignments aren't really a thing in this game?

Like, my cleric is following an evil deity, but she's not really evil herself...just hedonistic as fuck.  I'm cool with going negative energy on her, because it makes more sense for an assassin, but I'd also be happy to go positive.  Healers are always useful to have around, and I love the idea of her as a kind of Hello Nurse.  -snicker.-

So, just let me know how it works!

EDIT:  Also fixed her sheet and started actually filling stuff in on her.

Kathyan

Quote from: Chulanowa on May 17, 2017, 05:52:55 PM
Ahem. Anyway, as I rummage aroudn my character bin, I make a few discovers.

1. I have very few characters that are good for an "evil" sort of game. I don't edgelord well.
2. I have an excess of barbarian-types.
3. The remainder are rogues.

Why not trying an invulnerable rager barbarian with resistance to fire or whatever element the alchemist bombs are (and others spellcasters if we have evokers) so that you can dish good damage and tank while being in the middle of 'friendly fire', bombing, fireballing and stuff ;D

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: MingMing on May 17, 2017, 05:08:34 PM
While I would agree that Finnish sounds the most Tolkien Fantasy (mostly because he drew heavily from Finnish myth for his Middle Earth setting), I would not say it's necessarily the most FANTASY.  Welsh is good, especially when I think of my love for the writings of Lloyd Alexander, but honestly...  it's so subjective. 

One of the founding fathers of fantasy who predates both C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien is Robert E. Howard, whose breadth of published fantasy far outnumbers the two of them combined.  Howard was famously fond of using the span of both Africa and Central Asia for a great many of his characters, also borrowing heavily across the globe for his stories, including American Indian sources.  His friend, contemporary, and the father of the modern dark fantasy, Clark Ashton Smith, collected and created most of the cosmology of the Elder Gods that he would share with Howard and a fellow named H.P. Lovecraft, using a completely alien and made-up tongue for much of his inspired works.

My point being that "Fantasy" sounds are solely in the realm of whatever settings and cultures one has been first initiated into.  One does not after all, find much in the way of Finnish sounding names in the epics of the Illiad, Odyssey, Aeniad, Ramayana, Mahabharata, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, or the Water Margin.  Those are the founding stones of mythic fantasy for more than two thirds of the globe.  It's all relative, neh?

Love Solomon Kane, has a few adventures with a dependent of his I made up.. his staff was fun to play with.