What song gives you the most memories? And why?

Started by camtipli, April 14, 2009, 03:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

camtipli

"The Way You Like It"- by Adema for me. It's ironic-- the only reason why I like the song is because of the memories behind it. I think I was in Elementary school or middle school when my friend first had me listen to it. I hated it because it had cuss words in it (not to mention the sexual undertones that, back then, I couldn't quite understand). May I insert in here that I was a real "goodie-two-shoes" back then, and that not a whole lot of people liked me, including myself. Anyway, but I suppose that I got to liking it because it always reminded me of my friend from then on. We sang it while we trick-or-treated during Halloween. My friend made a website and we put it in the background of an online comic we collaborated (we enjoyed drawing rpgs as kids).

leelan

"Pretty Boy" by M2M -- GrapeTootsiePop and I met in...god 10th Grade? When we met we were hanging out EVERY DAY, she'd walk with me home and we'd spend the whole afternoon and evening playing Sims, Rollercoaster Tycoon, or singing. We sang NSYNC, M2M, and we'd split the parts up on M2M, that was one of the ones we loved the most to sing :) It's now been...wow 10 years since we met as of this year...and I love remembering those times :)
-Je suis belle, incroyable, sexy et un esclave. Je suis ce que vous désirez et vous le savez.-

Lady Annabelle

Counting Crows - Round Here

I could list probably close to a thousand songs talking about each specific memory that I have about them as I remembered bits and pieces about my past and history.  However, if there was probably one song or one album that really brings back the most memories it would be this song and the entire 'August and Everything After' album.

All of the important events, mostly bad, have happened in the month of August, so the title is very appropriate.  As a teenager, I had countless nights driving around in silence while listening to these words.  It is so reflective and so introspective each time I listen to it.  That song will always bring back the most memories and they are usually ones that I wish would go away.

"She knows she's more than just a little misunderstood.
She has trouble acting normal when she's nervous."
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

LittleNekodemon

Brandi - almost doesn't count

All the things i should have done in my life but let others tell me i couldn't do. And the  guys that made all the promises in the world to me but never came close to make them happen.
One wrong move and you are going to be doing laps, solider.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=38569.25/intro
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=38905.0/ons and offs

use my ims only for role-playing- ask me here first, thankx
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=168652.0

Soran

There was a song that was out when I was at school, which unfortunately coincided when I came across the girl of my dreams... trust me, no one else has ever gotten close in relation to how much I felt for her, but I was hideously shy at school, but unfortunately I told my friend how I felt about this girl...which of course..he blabbed very loudly to everyone and everytime I was anywhere near her and he was around also he started singing this When You're Young & in Love by The Flying Pickets . Problem was, I never got together with this girl, so whenever I heart this, it's still like a lance through the heart.

Limoncello

Bring me to Life by Evanescence.

This song reminded me of my ex. This song really explains the entire situation between the both of us. Painful memories yet it feels good to talk about it. It reminds me of all of the good times.
Cello Ons and Offs Work in process
Absence  Updated 12/8/2011

Currently accepting rps. Currently updating Ons and Offs. Message me for any ideas you may have or want to try.

GnothiSeauton

"In the Arms of the Angels" by Sarah McLaughin.

For some reason, this song just seems to always play around the time when someone close to me passes away.  The night my favorite grandmother died, it was playing on the radio just before we found out she had died.  When my boyfriend died, I remember that song coming on the television just before I got the call from his mom at the hospital.  I can't bare to listen to it anymore.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories