VtM: The Anarch War [Interest Check]

Started by Bloody Rose, November 03, 2011, 10:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShamshielDF

I would like to throw my name in for interest.  I don't have a copy of the 20th anniversary edition, though I've heard about a number of the revisions that they've made...particularly the ones that mimicked some of my old house rules ^_^

A few questions come to mind, though.

A) How 'canon' is the game going to be?  ie. on a scale of 1 - 10 where 1 is "well, we use the same rules..." and 10 is "everything ever published will be used exactly as written and gods help you if you deviate one iota from what was said in volume III of the Giovanni chronicles!"  I've been yelled at before by players for deviating from materials published in the extensive oWoD books.

B) What sort of limits are you looking at for characters, particularly age wise?  I've played rather a lot of V:tM, ranging from neonates to elders and everything along the continuum in between, though not as much with the Anarchs...lots of Cam and some Sabbat, though.  I have no problem with new players needing an introduction/mentor, but would prefer to avoid such myself.  Starting at beginning points does put a crimp on age, though, as it doesn't make sense for an old vampire to have such limited points.  What do you see as reasonable limits for age?  (like, actual age, not the broken background Age..*twitch*)

C) Withing the frame of the previous question, how would you want to handle RPing the embrace?  Just setting it as so many years prior to current events?  Or would the charrie have to be a recent embrace to get those bonus points?  Would it be acceptable to write a detailed background for the bonus points?

I'll contemplate what sort of character I would want to play, though I may just do Yet Another Reboot of my old favorite...she's reset to 0 XP at least three other times before, so it's nothing new, but I may also find another charrie...we'll see.  Oh!  Another...

D)  Sort of tied into the canonicity question, Anarch Tremere?
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

Bloody Rose

Quote from: ShamshielDF on November 06, 2011, 02:00:34 PM
I would like to throw my name in for interest.  I don't have a copy of the 20th anniversary edition, though I've heard about a number of the revisions that they've made...particularly the ones that mimicked some of my old house rules ^_^

A few questions come to mind, though.

A) How 'canon' is the game going to be?  ie. on a scale of 1 - 10 where 1 is "well, we use the same rules..." and 10 is "everything ever published will be used exactly as written and gods help you if you deviate one iota from what was said in volume III of the Giovanni chronicles!"  I've been yelled at before by players for deviating from materials published in the extensive oWoD books.

I would say about a 3. It will be my own story of course and a few rules taken out from the game.

B) What sort of limits are you looking at for characters, particularly age wise?  I've played rather a lot of V:tM, ranging from neonates to elders and everything along the continuum in between, though not as much with the Anarchs...lots of Cam and some Sabbat, though.  I have no problem with new players needing an introduction/mentor, but would prefer to avoid such myself.  Starting at beginning points does put a crimp on age, though, as it doesn't make sense for an old vampire to have such limited points.  What do you see as reasonable limits for age?  (like, actual age, not the broken background Age..*twitch*)

Age is what you want to be.

C) Withing the frame of the previous question, how would you want to handle RPing the embrace?  Just setting it as so many years prior to current events?  Or would the charrie have to be a recent embrace to get those bonus points?  Would it be acceptable to write a detailed background for the bonus points?

Setting the embrace whenever you wanted to be embraced we are just playing the background. And you would recieve it only if you rp it but who knows, if you give me a REALLY good embrace scene I might give the bonus points anyways.

I'll contemplate what sort of character I would want to play, though I may just do Yet Another Reboot of my old favorite...she's reset to 0 XP at least three other times before, so it's nothing new, but I may also find another charrie...we'll see.  Oh!  Another...

D)  Sort of tied into the canonicity question, Anarch Tremere?

If you want to, sure.

Bloody Rose

Roll call everybody, who is still interested in this and who is backing out?

AndyZ

I'm still interested, though I may need to change my idea some if nobody but Kristine is really interested in the skyscraper.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Bloody Rose

mmm I think I got here more than what I can manage, I really dont understand most terms if Andy wasn't helping me so I don't think I will keep this going.

AndyZ

Anyone else want to try to pick this up?  I can try if I have to but I'm already GMing three other games and I can't guarantee a strong degree of attention to this one.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

ShamshielDF

I'd be interested in the skyscraper/apartment/etc idea...a lot would depend on how the character ended up, though.

I can try to help with things where necessary, but I'll admit up front I'm really not much of an ST.  I'm good at the mechanical side of things and throwing ideas around, and I like to think that I come up with good characters and backgrounds.  As far as actually running stories for other players, though?  That is where I am made of fail.
Ons and offs!
A&A

AndyZ

Quote from: ShamshielDF on November 06, 2011, 03:24:49 PM
I'd be interested in the skyscraper/apartment/etc idea...a lot would depend on how the character ended up, though.

I can try to help with things where necessary, but I'll admit up front I'm really not much of an ST.  I'm good at the mechanical side of things and throwing ideas around, and I like to think that I come up with good characters and backgrounds.  As far as actually running stories for other players, though?  That is where I am made of fail.

Challenge Accepted

RubySlippers

I'm in to play but like my current character, even with New Kid (like I said for her it fits the we don't care how old you get your barely a Lick so you can never expect much respect in our world flaw).

But its pretty basic really in format I don't see any further issues and I will note one can take a specialty in using a discipline class under an attribute or ability, she just has a knack for Dominate in the two ways manipulation is useful the vital dots one and two. Its just to bad she is not a proper vampire.
;D

Altair1983

Well I can be a narrator if the help is needed Im more knowledge about lore and stuff and im decent at with normal social pulls and non discipline based combat im okay at running and since I was going to be running a more influence character it would be easier for me to sit in the backround when neccessary.

ShamshielDF

I've been chatting with AndyZ about running the game.  He's pretty much talked me in to it, too.  Anyway...I'll be posting again in a bit, once I have some things sorted out.  Will probably be posting a different interest thread as well, with a link posted here.  I'll let you know ^_^
Ons and offs!
A&A

ShamshielDF

As a check, who all would be interested in this under a different ST?  I know at least a couple of people are.  I'm thinking of keeping at least the majority of the core premise in tact.  I'm curious on what sorts of things people would be interested in, though.
Ons and offs!
A&A

RubySlippers

I will but might do a different character, depending on the setting. I like the Anarch controlled area but the war part seems far fetched the Camarilla is huge and the Sabbat would likely be a big threat while from what I read most so-called Anarchs simply don't like the rules of the other sects so opted for somthing more to their liking. The actual radical elements seem to be there but come on why mess up a good deal no Prince ordering us about on the one hand and the elders and on the other the Sabbat are just scary its the least of the three evils of Kindred politics.

Seriously the Camarilla accept the Anarchs as there likely keeps the malcontents who won't play the Camarilla game happy, they can do their own thing and at least they respect key Traditions and are not Sabbat - why would the sensible ones shake things up with a war?

Sabriel

I would probably be interested in it if you are going to be doing something with it,  I would have to see where things go of course and if I could come up with any concepts to fit with that.

I think if there was a war at all it would not be with the Camarilla, the Camarilla is the thing the Anarch's wish to change. I think if there was an actual war it would make more sense if it was not with the Camarilla at all but with the Sabbat or some other faction not necessarily Kindred.

I think it might be interesting to see an element of the Camarilla or Anarch's needing one another to fend of a threat that alone they might not handle so well, I think there could be a lot of intrigue involved in such and opportunity for both sides to try gain something from it.  With Camarilla Elders perhaps trying to fob the Anarch's off with nothing at all or false promises, perhaps even some element of some of the Camarilla turning on the Anarch's and not keeping there word.  Maybe the Camarilla's seeks to use the Anarch's as expendable means to deal with a problem, if they die don't need to worry about them anymore if the assist they can be fobbed of or ignored as it may be the case that the Prince or such might believe nobody will take note or care about them.

Possibly even after the "war" or problem is solved there would even be reason opportunity for further story from the same seed, with the Camarilla Kindred perhaps continuing to try manipulate and use the Anarch's.  Maybe there could be a struggle in the Anarch's themselves as factions and ideals in the group arise, perhaps with a split in support for the current Barron and some thinking that the Anarch's themselves have become impure or corrupt and as culpable as the things they seek to change.

I think there is lots of juicy elements that could be involved in an Anarch game, I can think of lots of things Id find interesting in such but it probably not worth me waffling on anymore hehe.

I am not sure what I would play yet really id have to consider that and see what you would and would not like to see in characters, although I think some form of idealist character who wants to protest change and debate such or a more active or devious one who is not so sure what she stands for a just a bit of a troublemaker/sheep wanting to stick her finger up to the "Cam". I have a lot of ideas I could use anyway I think but ill wait to see where things are going first.

AndyZ

Personally, I imagine something like this, although it'll be up to the ST:

The Anarchs control a specific area of the Camarilla-owned city, but the Sabbat have been attacking just that part.  However, the Camarilla wants to just let the Sabbat wear itself down on the Anarchs before they'll deal with it.  Therefore, as the more combatative of us are dealing with keeping our turf, the more social of us will likely be dealing with the Camarilla, trying to get more assistance and build enough cooperation to get rid of all the Sabbat.

Certainly there'd be a lot of places to go from there.

Altair1983

Im still interested i might need to rework my concept a bit but i can definately get behind this idea as well

ShamshielDF

All right.  I'll try to put something up tonight ^_^  It may be a bit late as my car sort of died, so I'm buying a new car this evening >_<
Ons and offs!
A&A

RubySlippers

I'll work on a character then I'm off today from anything going on.

ShamshielDF

All right, after much finagling and delaying, the post is up!

Sorry for the delay, the last week was a mess of dealing with death of car and myriad other time suckers.

Ons and offs!
A&A