A interest call: 3.5 DnD Unique Devil/Demon Campaign in Hell/Abyss (closed FULL)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, December 08, 2011, 06:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

No M/M for me, thanks though. And my flight is 100% nonmagical, so that's no worry.

Kunoichi

Hmm.  Given the blatantly non-humanoid nature of many of these characters, would it be safe to assume that this game is going in the Extreme section of the site? ^^;

SomeGuy

Blargh, rough draft of stats is done. Kind of wish he had more tentacles.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Druth
Race: Unique (Choker + Half-Farspawn + Creature of Legend + 4 Outsider HD + Half-Minotaur + Paragon)
Class: Rogue 4
Alignment: NE
Height: 12ft
Weight: 386lbs
Hair: Shaggy brown hair
Eyes: Blue
Skin: Grey
Size: Large
Speed: 120ft

Abilities:
   Str 62(68)
   Dex 34(40)
   Con 52(58)
   Int 19(25)
   Wis 36(42)
   Cha 26(32)

HP: 476 (56[7d8]+ 24[4d6]+ 132 Paragon + 264 Con)
AC: 83 (+15 Dex, +22 NA, +12 Insight, +12 Luck, +5 Deflection, +8 Armor, -1 Size)
Initiative: +19

Feats: Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes, Stealthy, Multi-Attack, Improved Natural Attack (Tentacles), Track,
   Improved Multi-Attack, Iron Will, Weapon Focus (Tentacles)

Special Abilities: Improved Grab, Constrict, True Strike 1/day, Spell-Like Abilities, Sneak Attack +2d6
   Breath Weapon (3d6, 15' cone, 3d6 Acid Damage, 1d4 rounds)
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60ft, Quickness, Blindsight 60ft, Scent, Resistance 10 (Fire&Cold), DR 10/Epic
   Change Shape, Greater Damage, Immunities (Poison, Acid, Electricity), SR 52, FH 20, Uncanny Dodge, Evasion,
   Trapfinding

BAB: +10/+5

Outsider HD:   +5 Fort, +5 Ref, +5 Will
Rogue Levels: +1 Fort, +4 Ref, +1 Will
MoL:                +3 Fort, +3 Ref, +3 Will
Paragon:         +10 Fort, +10 Ref, +10 Will
Vest:              +5 Fort, +5 Ref, +5 Will
Feats:             +0 Fort, +2 Ref, +2 Will
Ability Scores: +29 Fort, + 15 Ref, +16 Will

Total Adjusted Saves: +53 Fort, +44 Ref, +44 Will

Skills:
Appraise +26 (9 Ranks, +7 Int, +10 Competence)
Climb +61 (14 Ranks, +29 Str, +8 Racial, +10 Competence)
Disable Device +26 (9 Ranks, +7 Int, +10 Competence)
Escape Artist +34 (9 Ranks, +15 Dex, +10 Competence)
Forgery +21 (4 Ranks, +7 Int, +10 Competence)
Hide +37 (14 Ranks, +15 Dex, +2 Feat, +10 Competence, -4 Size)
Listen +35 (9 Ranks, +16 Wis, +10 Competence)
Move Silently +41 (14 Ranks, +15 Dex, +2 Feat, +10 Competence)
Knowledge: The Planes +22 (5 Ranks, +7 Int, +10 Competence)
Open Lock +34 (9 Ranks, +15 Dex, +10 Competence)
Search +26 (9 Ranks, +7 Int, +10 Competence)
Spot +35 (9 Ranks, +16 Wis, +10 Competence)
Tumble +24 (9 Ranks, +15 Dex, +10 Competence)

Attacks: 4 Tentacles +66/+66 (subject to DM approval) (3d6+51) & Gore  (2d6+34)

Armor: Amulet of Natural Armor +5 (50k), Bracers of Armor +8 (64k), Vest of Resistance +5 (25k), Ring of Protection +5 (50k)

Equipment: Amulet of Natural Weapons (4 Tentacles [+2 Speed]) (200k),  Belt of Magnificence +6 (200k),  Wings of Flying (54k), +3 Strength Tome & +1 Dex Tome (110k)

Money: 7k

Kunoichi

So, a question for the more rules-savvy out there:

If I have a Poison attack with a DC determined by my Constitution score, and I lose my Constitution score due to becoming undead, what happens to the Poison attack?  For that matter, what happens to any other abilities I might have with DCs determined by my Constitution score?

SomeGuy

It's either they become Charisma based, or you're SOL.

Edit: Think it's just a modifier of 0

ShadowFox89

Hmmm... I might be interested. Just wondering: This is 4 class levels + 17ECL worth of anything but PC class levels, correct?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SomeGuy

It's 4-8 class levels, then 19-23 CR instead of ECL. Has to add up to 27.

Kunoichi

Yeah, you basically make a character as though it was a monster, rather than a PC.

ShadowFox89

Alright, sounds interesting. Might give it a go with an Unholy Scion as the basis template.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

*is almost done with Demilich's stat sheet*

She's turning into quite the desirable little item, from a statistical perspective. ^^; Several useful and deadly Spell-Like and Supernatural Abilities, class features that can give someone such useful buffs as a +6 or greater weapon, add her absurd charisma score to their initiative, or even give out a +4 profane bonus to an ability score of a person's choice, and a laundry list of immunities to almost everything in existence, with resistances to almost everything else.

And I'll be looking for useful feats and magic items on top of that...

SomeGuy

I'll be glad to see the stats on someone else, higher level games I'm terrible at benchmarks.

Xerial

Just because I'm a masochist, and still want to make this abomination... what's the cash-level for demon wealth?

Zaer Darkwail

All chars start with gold of 20th level PC's.

As I said few times already; FLAWS NOT ALLOWED! Read posts people :P.

Anyways good to see some actual charsheets and builds up. Also yes, +2 CR to get 4 HD as outsider. You cannot break it to CR 1 to get 2 outsider HD. It must remain CR 2 blocks.

AlsoI will allow a rewrite to legendary wrestler so that it negates any automatic immunity to grapples but instead person gets CL or class level (from PrC or class which grants such ability) bonus to resist grapples. There is no upper cap limit how much CL or class levels stack to help avoid being grappled. But legendary wrestler just negates freedom of movement immunity (or similar) to grapple checks.

SomeGuy

Actually, I'm pretty sure this is the first time you mentioned flaws in this thread. I think you might have gotten it mixed up with the other one you have going. I could always be wrong though.

Hm, with 760,000 gold that's Amulet of Natural Weapons (Tentacles [+4 Speed]) for (50k x 4= 200k), Ring of Protection +5 (50k), Belt of Magnificence +6 (200k), Amulet of Natural Armor +5 (50k), Bracers of Armor +8 (64k), Vest of Resistance +5 (25k), Wings of Flying (54k), +3 Strength Tome & +1 Dex Tome (110k) leaves 7k left over.

I'm probably forgetting something really basic in there.

Xerial

Sweet mother of Crumbcake I'm finding it hard enough to spend 150k (plus a possible 150k more for a stronghold) on the Drow side of things... 760k... that's gonna be wacky.

...well, ok, it's already going to be wacky because of my ridiculous base creature of choice, and the fact it'll end up being some kind of OMGWTFPOLARBEAR abomination, yet will be able to pass as almost completely normal for it's type.

...almost...

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: SomeGuy on December 10, 2011, 06:07:30 AM
Actually, I'm pretty sure this is the first time you mentioned flaws in this thread. I think you might have gotten it mixed up with the other one you have going. I could always be wrong though.

Hm, with 760,000 gold that's Amulet of Natural Weapons (Tentacles [+4 Speed]) for (50k x 4= 200k), Ring of Protection +5 (50k), Belt of Magnificence +6 (200k), Amulet of Natural Armor +5 (50k), Bracers of Armor +8 (64k), Vest of Resistance +5 (25k), Wings of Flying (54k), +3 Strength Tome & +1 Dex Tome (110k) leaves 7k left over.

No, you're right, that's why I asked. Zaer has not mentioned flaws once this entire thread.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 10, 2011, 05:46:56 AM
Also yes, +2 CR to get 4 HD as outsider. You cannot break it to CR 1 to get 2 outsider HD. It must remain CR 2 blocks.

Uhm...  Why? ^^;

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: SomeGuy on December 10, 2011, 06:07:30 AM

Doesn't your adamantine nautilus shell of doom give you a +16 armor bonus already? You're wasting money on the Bracers of Armor there, since if something manages to bring you down to 25%HP, you should be running anyways.

Speed is a +3 bonus, not a +4 bonus (so it'd either cost 32K per tentacle if it's a +1 Speed necklace, or 98K per tentacle if that's a +4 Speed Necklace), and you might want to check with Zaer if "this bonus does not stack with other similar effects, such as Haste" means that you can't benefit from multiple Speed weapons simultaneously, it's notoriously ambiguous.

SomeGuy

Ah, you must have missed my rough draft of stats. I ended up going with Choker. I might write up the Spirrax too and compare them side by side.

TheGlyphstone

Oh right, you went with the choker instead.

Ignore the Bracers bit then, but the math (and legality vis-a-vis overlapping Speed abilities) of the Necklace of Natural Speed might warrant looking into just in case. If it was a +2 Speed Necklace affecting 4 weapons, that'd work out, but you have it listed as a +4 Speed Necklace affecting 4 weapons.

SomeGuy

Hrm, for some reason I was thinking it was different. +2 Speed it is. I'm pretty sure multiple weapons of speed work, you just can't put speed on the same weapon twice, or speed and haste. Up to Zaer though in the end.

TheGlyphstone

SomeGuy

Hrm, the Spirrax Void Blast DC does go up to 43 with the constitution increases between templates and items. Plus 8 tentacles +2 in putrid form +2 more in... super putrid form?

I don't suppose we could take levels of outsider instead of class levels?

TheGlyphstone

Don't count on it. Absolute minimum of 4 PC levels, absolute maximum of 8. Outsider HD come out of your CR allowance.

Kunoichi

Alright, Demilich is pretty much done. ^^; Item selection and feats are completed, and I've got a full stat block for her below.  Plus, if she doesn't mind elementals, I can even give PaleEnchantress her M/M fun without having to make a second character.

I have to admit, though, the way save DCs are determined for epic monsters and templates is a little nuts... >>;

Demilich
Demilich, Pleasure Devil Demilichfiend of Possession 6/Marshal 1/Cloistered Cleric 1
Size/Type: Diminutive Undead (Augmented Outsider, Baatezu, Evil, Lawful)
Hit Dice: 22d12 (132)
Initiative: +29
Speed: fly 180 ft. (perfect)
Armor Class: 59 (+4 size, +8 Dex, +12 natural, +8 armor, +5 deflection, +22 insight), touch 47, flat-footed 51
Base Attack/Grapple: +17/+9
Attack: touch +47 (10d6+20 and poison or 10d6+20 and paralysis)
Full Attack: touch +47/+42/+37/+32 (10d6+20 and poison)
Space/Reach: 1 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Beguile, Fear Aura, Fiend of Possession abilities, Paralyzing Touch, Poison, Spell-Like Abilities, Spells, Summon Baatezu, Trap the Soul
Special Qualities: Baatezu traits, Damage Reduction 15/Epic and Bludgeoning, Immunities, Magic Immunity, Phylactery Transference, Rebuke Undead, Resistance 20/Acid and Sonic, Spell Resistance 24, Tongues, Turn Resistance +28, Undead Traits
Saves: Fort +23, Ref +30, Will +31
Abilities: Str 18, Dex 27 (33), Con --, Int 23, Wis 24, Cha 42 (48)
Skills: Bluff +44, Concentration +37, Diplomacy +51, Hide +74 (or 49 while possessing), Knowledge (arcana) +25, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +25, Knowledge (nature) +25, Knowledge (religion) +25, Knowledge (the planes) +25, Listen +51, Move Silently +66, Sense Motive +52, Spellcraft +32, Spot +51
Feats: Automatic Quicken Spell-Like Ability (B), Blinding Speed (B), Dodge (B), Knowledge Devotion (B), Mobility (B), Skill Focus (Diplomacy) (B), Tenacious Magic (B), Education, Ability Focus (Beguile), Mindsight, Arcane Mastery, Boost Spell-Like Ability, Summon Elemental, Craft Wondrous Item, Additional Item Space (Face)
Environment: --
Organization: --
Challenge Rating: 27
Equipment: 760,000 - 760,000 = 0 gp
Phylactery and 8 Soul Gems -270,000
Ring of Evasion -25,000
Ring of Freedom of Movement -40,000
Ring of Protection +5 -50,000
Ghost Ward Gleaming Greatreach Bracers of Armor +8 -146,000
--Crystal of Adaptation, Greater -3,000
Hathran Mask of True Seeing -75,000
Cloak of Turn Resistance and Charisma +6 -47,000
Gloves of Dexterity +6 -36,000
Boots of Big Stepping -6,000
Belt of Battle -12,000
Veil of Allure -14,000
Hand of Glory -8,000
Vest of Resistance +5 -25,000
Handy Haversack -2,000
Quaal's Feather Token, Whip x2 -1,000

Beguile (Su): Demilich can temporarily gain control of a living creature.  When Demilich uses this ability, she gains immediate control of the creature, which immediately takes a full turn's worth of actions under her control.  Demilich can use this ability up to two timed per day on any living creature within 30 feet that fails a DC 29 Will save.  This is a mind-affecting enchantment ability.

Damage Reduction (Su): Demilich has damage reduction 15/Epic and bludgeoning.  Vorpal weapons, no matter their enhancement bonus, ignore this damage reduction but do only half damage to Demilich (she cannot be beheaded).

Fear Aura (Su): Demilich is shrouded in a dreadful aura of death and evil.  Creatures of less than 5 HD in a 60-foot radius that look at Demilich must succeed on a DC 42 Will save or be affected as though by a fear spell from a 22nd-level sorcerer.  A creature that successfully saves need only make a DC 35 Will save upon subsequent exposure for the next 24 hours.

Immunities (Ex): Demilich has immunity to charisma damage and drain, cold, electricity, fire, poison, polymorph, and mind-affecting attacks.

Magic Immunity (Ex): Demilich is immune to all magical and supernatural effects, except as follow.  A shatter spell affects Demilich as if she was a crystalline creature, but deals half the damage normally indicated.  A dispel evil spell deals 3d6 points of damage (Fort save for half damage).  Holy smite spells affect Demilich normally.

Paralyzing Touch (Su):
Any living creature Demilich touches must succeed at a DC 53 Fortitude save or be permanently paralyzed.  Remove paralysis or any spell that can remove a curse can free the victim.  The effect cannot be dispelled.  Anyone paralyzed by Demilich seems dead, though a successful Spot check (DC 20) or Heal check (DC 15) reveals that the victim is still alive.

Phylactery Transference (Su): Headbands, belts, rings, cloaks,and other wearable items kept in close association with Demilich's phylactery transfer all their benefits to Demilich no matter how far apart she is from her phylactery.  The standard limits on types of items utilized simultaneously still apply.

Poison (Ex): Contact, Fortitude DC 40, 1d6 Wis/1d6 Wis.  The save DC is Charisma-based and includes a +2 racial bonus.

Resistances (Ex): Demilich has acid resistance 20 and sonic resistance 20.

See in Darkness (Su): Demilich can see perfectly in darkness of any kind, even that created by a deeper darkness spell.

Skills: Demilich receives a +20 racial bonus on Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive, and Spot checks.

Spell-Like Abilities: At-will--astral projection, augury, charm monster (DC 35), quickened clairaudience/clairvoyance, create greater undead, create undead, quickened death knell (DC 51), enervation, quickened enthrall (DC 33), greater dispel magic, greater teleport (self plus 50 pounds of objects only, CL 24), harm (DC 51), mark of justice, morality undone (DC 36), quickened produce flame (+25 melee or +29 ranged touch), quickened suggestion (DC 34), quickened summon monster I-III (CL 23), summon monster IV-IX (CL 23), telekinesis (DC 51), quickened vampiric touch (+25 melee), weird (DC 51);  1/day--plane shift (self only), trap the soul (DC 37)

Spell Resistance: 24

Summon Baatezu (Sp): 1/day--80% chance to summon one harvester devil, two chain devils, or six lemures; CL 22.  This ability is the equivalent of a 6th-level spell.

Telepathy: 100 ft.

Tongues (Su):
As the tongues spell; always active; CL 22st.

Trap the Soul (Su): Demilich can trap the souls of up to eight living creatures per day.  To use this power, she selects any target she can see within 300 feet.  The target is allowed a DC 53 Fort saving throw.  If the target makes its saving throw, it gains four negative levels (this does not count as a use of trap the soul).  If the target fails its save, the soul of the target is instantly drawn from its body and trapped within one of the gems incorporated into Demilich's form.  The gem gleams wickedly for 24 hours - at the end of that time the soul is completely absorbed, and the victim is forever gone.  If Demilich is overcome before the soul is eaten, crushing the gem releases the soul, after which time it is free to seek the afterlife or be returned to its body by the use of either resurrection, true resurrection, clone, or miracle.  A potential victim protected by a death ward spell is not immune to trap the soul, but receives a +5 bonus on its Fortitude saving throw and is effective against the level loss on a successful save.

Turn Resistance (Ex): Demilich has turn resistance +28.

Undead Traits: Immune to poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, necromantic effects, mind-affecting effects, and any effect requiring a Fortitude save unless it also works on objects.  Not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability damage, ability drain, or energy drain.  Negative energy heals.  Not at risk of death from massive damage, but destroyed at 0 hit points or less.  Darkvision 60 ft.

Fiend of Possession abilities: Demilich has six levels in the fiend of possession prestige class and all class abilities thereof.  The DC for all of her class abilities that require saves is 37.

Cloistered Cleric abilities:
Demilich has one level in the cloistered cleric class, granting her 22 uses of Rebuke Undead, a +7 Lore check, 3 0th-level spell slots, 3 1st-level spell slots, and one 1st-level domain spell slot from the Knowledge, Pleasure and Trickery domains.

Marshal abilities: Demilich has one level in the marshal class, granting her Skill Focus (Diplomacy) as a bonus feat and the Motivate Dexterity minor aura.