Vampire Rivalries Sign Up and info Thread

Started by AutoTune, March 09, 2013, 10:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoTune

Here's the thread

Disclaimer
Oh hello, thank you for taking an interest, I appreciate the gesture. ^,^

But I have to apologize if this was ever misleading.
I'm not sure if you know already or not, but I'm using a special BBCode in my signature that makes the reader look like he or she is reading his or her username.
[you]

To me, my signature looks like this:

Quote.:Fancy yourself to be a vampire, AutoTune? This non-adult rp is for you then:.
~What I yearn for, AutoTune, is you~
(My Ons/Offs thread)
Shuddering from the friction, and soon after tingling in the rippling afterglow, eyes met in the dark, a passion igniting in their hearts like flame at the bond they had shared.
~Want to have another taste, AutoTune? Click here~

Sorry if it looked like I was calling you out. (-: I never meant to trick you, the code just catches attention better.

Premise
The Arborden City of Saint Perter's Place, just north west of London England, has kept a dark secret for centuries, which you are about to discover. For longer then anyone can remember, vampires have lived in the city, working out their own individual life dramas and clan rivalries between each other. Of course, there are plenty of other dieties, such as Werewolves, Other shape shifters in the Lycan family, ghosts, ghouls, gargoyales, fairies, sprites, skeletons and the like, but no other creature is more abundant or more socially complex then the standard european vampire. Here we can observe from the safety of our human homes as we watch a new documentary unfold. Social status, traditions and drama of day to day life of a vampire is ready to be learned here. Let us hope that we will not disturb their delicate balance, or we may one night, become one of them.

Safe Scene Picture
An idea of what the city might lood like.

Safe Scene Picture
A neighboring forest perhaps?

Safe Scene Picture
A different angle.

Night had fallen eons ago, and the social life of modern North West of England had ignited into being in the after-hours. Vampires were walking around, mingling with the humans seamlessly, non-schalontly patrolling vampire territory borders and eyeing intruders with the intent of driving them out, very very civaly, if possible. It was late summer, on the verge of fall, and the colonies were raising new, young vampires with in their territories, and so, any out-siders were currently not tolerated while the youth of the vampries were being trained. Loners or rogues who had dispersed from their colonies to find new ones, or were simply prefering to live on thier own, were lurking around every edge of these 'territoreis', causing colony vampires to go on 'parkour missions', where they lept from building to building, chasing out strays that could harm or steal their colonies newest omegas.

It's a strange and slightly adventourus life for the Vampires who live right in our own nieghborhoods, and thankfully, thier easy to observe. Delve into the temptation of the night, into the new life.

Vampire Information and Biology; POSSIBLY not safe for work, I don't know

How vampires think and behave in my point of view
Human Age still counts to vampires; Vampire age is how long the human has been a vampire.
All vampires behave the way they would when they were human, so personality and temperament is entirely up to the player. This is just a base line guide.

Important information at a glance
•Adult Vampires feed small doses from unknowing humans (I.E, like sleeping humans) or willing humans, with no consequence to spreading vampirism.
•They can only digest human blood, with a nip to the neck.(maybe i'll have a separate roleplay thread for icky stuff like that, if it's too unsettling)
•To make a new vampire, a vampire bites a human and consumes more blood than usual, and offers a taste to the slightly drained human, spreading vampirism.
•There is no such thing as being half vampire through breeding, the result would be a normal human offspring. Vampirism is more of a spreadable condition or illness rather than a species.
•A newly created vampire is considered a Young Vampire, regardless of age, and it's creator is called a Parent Vampire.
•Young vampires feed exclusively from their parent vampire until after one year's time has passed.

Social Structures
Vampires in my point of view, are social beings, with the 'alpha' vampire creating as many as three other companions, (over separate times, like the alpha creating vampire1, than five months later can create vampire2) and each of the alpha's subordinates creating their own vampires roughly a year later. The eldest who has parented most of the vampires in the colony is considered the alpha, regardless of actual age or gender, and all vampires in the colony automatically listen to his or her word willingly.
The only other competitor would be the first vampires the alpha created within the colony, who usually turns independent after three years in the colony. Should this happen, these particular individuals would usually be upgraded to Beta, a second in command. Conflict or tension may arise if the alpha does not allow this to happen.
Omegas, are usually two years or younger in vampire terms, and are shy and submissive, and usually stay very close to the vampire that parented them. Once they are independent enough to hunt on their own in the colony, they are refered to as Subordinates.

Alpha= The oldest in the colony. Makes the orders and decisions, and decides whether or not anyone else can or cannot make a new vampire in the colony.

Beta= The first vampires that the alpha created, who share the commanding duties of the alpha.

Subordinates= any vampire created by the alpha, betas and other subordinates, who are independent of their parent, but not looking to be in charge.

Omegas= The youngest in the colony, who have been vampires under a year, regardless of human age.

Body Language

Subordinates hold eye contact with fellow subordinates, but drop it with betas or alphas.
Omegas never hold eye contact long, and usually look at details on clothing, their hands or past the vampire interacting with them.
Alphas search for eye contact willingly from everyone; staring can indicate a many number of things, from displeasure to intense interest.
Betas often challenge the alpha with eye contact, especially alone; if the beta looks away first, the alpha is usually still dominant.

Crossing arms could indicate insecurity in any vampire; shifting the weight or fidgeting can indicate nervousness.

Staring with a smile showing teeth from any vampire may strongly indicate attraction, or signal invitation for attention.
Staring with a smile with no teeth, or half closed eyes is usually a signal that he or she will allow a feeding; Omegas like this look, and even after they upgrade to Subordinate, still find this look affectionate to their parent vampire.
Other body language signals can develope very differently depending on in individual colonies, so this is just a baseline guide.

Optional Trait
I was considering that vampires had the ability to change into small brown bats, the common kind found in most northern countries during summer. How they can shapeshift is up for debate, whether naturally, like a lycanthrope type process, or with the use of enchanted jewelery; if it's with jewelery, then logicly the ability to change would be lost if the bracelet, ring or necklace is misplaced or taken away.

I'm also wondering if instead of a puny little bat to change into, perhaps they could shape shift into a sort of demonic looking half-bat half-something-else thing, that's about one meter to two meters tall, (3 to 6 feet) with a vast, leathery wing span, and large, pointed ears.

I'm really not too sure though, but I could make a quick sketch of each to get a better idea of what they would look like.
A bat theme is the only creature that makes sense to me, regarding what vampires can change into, though. Anything else like wolves, big-cats or the like just doesn't seem to fit into the traditional idea of vampire lore.
With that being said, Vampires in my world can hear very well, with the ability to hear the scratching of a pencil on paper half a mile away. They may also have very efficient sense of smell, but have poor eyesight when it comes to seeing things far away.
Their best distance to see anything clearly would be 4 meters (12 feet) away, and any closer would revial tiny miniscule details humans normally don't see.

(most of this is made up, by the way; real bats probably can't see most colors, and might not see well at all; as far as I know, bats rely on there sense of hearing and sense of smell to figure out where they're going.)

Rules

• Roleplay generals
    Any number of members, unapproved or otherwise, may join. Copy and paste the sign-up sheet below, paste it into your fast reply post, fill it out for your character, post it and i'll accept you, and store your character profile in the accepted profile post.
  • You are allowed any number of character profiles, but only sign up what you can manage; no more then three profiles would be easiest to control.
  • There will be no sex or suggestive themes, only light romance. Keep things PG-13 please.
  • I really don't appreciate roleplayers who use their extra profiles to like one of their own characters; please try to wait for anothers charcacter to start a relationship with you first.
  • Roleplaying rules
    No godmodding please. (controling another players character)
  • No power playing. (slightly taking over another's character)
  • Keep violence and/or gore down to a realistic level.
  • No sudden bursts of vampire rages; vampires (and any holloween creature for that matter) have sense.
  • Keep biting and scenes with even a minimal amount of blood in it in a spoiler, or time skip over it.
  • Colony Rivalry Rules
    This is a game, not real life; don't take roleplay feuds with characters personally.
  • Do not invade another colony's base and drive them out. That will not be allowed in this roleplay.
  • Do not kill another player's character.
  • To prove you have read the rules, this is the roleplay secret code: Sticky Rice.
  • All holloween creatures can die at some point.
  • A note on Non-Player-Characters: An NPC is a background character that no one is playing as, and that every roleplayer has control over. You may use NPC's as your Vampire's family and colony members.
    Other
  • You do not need to be a vampire if you do not want to, but please try to remain with in the Holloween theme, and keep your creatures believable. I will not tolerate 'godly' or 'wotherworldly' characters.
  • Don't be afraid to get creative! :-D Go all out on the history and back ground of your character, get excited and work with your fellow roleplayers to knit together an epic story, we're all ears!

Character Profile Template

*Generals*
    -Your Username: (so we know who's playing who)
    -Characters Name:
    -Characters Age When He/She became a vampire: (16 or older)
    -Characters time in existance as a Vampire:
    *Appearance*
    -Hieght and weight: (Like, tall and slim, tall and sturdy, average, blah blah blah...)
    -Hair style and color:
    -Clothing Style:
    -Overall appearance-

*Personal*
    -Former Human Family: (alive or dead, optional)
    -The Vampire who created your character: (Alive or dead, not required, but reccomended)
    -Currant colony ties: (optional)
    -Other information:
    -Roleplay secret code: (read this roleplay's rules if you don't know it)

Roleplayers are encouraged to try plotting and scheming in this thread if they would like to; while not manditory, it's helpful.

AutoTune

Accepted Character Profiles

-Your Username: AutoTune

-Character's Name: Oliver Rhodes

-Character's Age: Was changed into a vampire at 26; has been a vampire for over 10 years

-General Appearance: basicly like this Tall and sleek with black hair and intense silver eyes when calm, bright lavender when thirsty.

-Clothing Style: A white button-up shirt and a nice black jacket with jeans.

-Other information: Is the beta to a colony, with his Colony leader Jenette, and their subordinates Kile, Helana and his Omega, darleen.

-Roleplay secret code: Accepted!

*Generals*
-Your Username: AutoTune
-Characters Name: Helana Samson
-Characters Age When He/She became a vampire: 19
-Characters time in existance as a Vampire: 8
*Appearance*
-Hieght and weight: Average height and weight, more on the sturdy, strong side.
-Hair style and color: Dark Blonde and styled into a pixie-do; half is dyed red.
-Clothing Style: Ripped up denim jackets, graphic tees and white dyed jeans.
-Overall appearance- Punk-rock/Almost-Emo

*Personal*
-Former Human Family: James Samson; Currently a vampire
-The Vampire who created your character: Kile Mumford
-Currant colony ties: Jennete Derulan's colony, with Oliver Rhodes, Kile Mumford, and herself.
-Other information: Is a subordinate vampire, having no interest in leading the colony, and no longer depends on her creator as an omega.
-Roleplay secret code: Accepted

-Your Username:Snapespersephone

-Character's Name:Barbetta

-Character's Age:18 when she was turned and has been a vampire for a little over a 9 years

-General Appearance:waist length chestnut brown hair and soft amber eyes

-Clothing Style:tends to wear loose flowing dresses

-Other information:is a subordinate who's parent vampire has died and as such is unaligned at the moment

-Roleplay secret code:  Accepted!

-Your Username: Talli

-Character's Name: Korra Stryde

-Character's Age: 19

-General Appearance: Long reddish brown hair with colorless side swoop bangs, Green eyes, Five feet in height, hourglass figure with a little bit of extra weight so in bases looks healthy and not like an anorexic swim suit model. 

-Clothing Style: If its more of an earlier era style then Green dress'  with silver trim. if more modern blue or green t- shirts with black jackets/hoodies. Always wears a hoodie in the more modern times style if that's the case.

-Other information: Kind of shy at first but then opens up after a while or if someone is hurting some body. Not afraid to stand up for someone she doesn't know if she feels like its the right thing and loves to help people especially in medical ways IE band aids wraps or what ever else things call for.

-Roleplay secret code: Accepted!

-Your Username: Timber42

-Character's Name: Liam O'Reilly

-Character's Age: Changed at 22, Has been a vampire about 12 years.

-General Appearance: Shoulder length auburn hair held back in a pony tail, well kept goatee, ice blue eyes that turn crimson when thirsty, about 6'2, lean yet muscular frame,

-Clothing Style: Worn blue jeans with a button-up shirt. a Celtic cross made of pewter on a chain around my neck.

-Other information: At first look Liam seems gruff and intimidating. Just his sheer size is enough to put most people on edge. When one gets to know him they realize that he is firm but fair. He has a deep voice with a thick Irish accent. He is a loner, choosing solitude to being surrounded by others that would manipulate him.

-Roleplay secret code: Accepted

*General*
- Your Username: Miss Red
- Characters Name: Olivia De'Turi
- Characters Age When He/She became a vampire: 20
- Characters time in existence as a Vampire: 7

*Appearance*
- Height and weight: Smaller build with a slim frame and delicately styled proportions.
- Hair style and color: Pale platinum blonde that hangs in loose ringlets and waves down to her mid-back.
- Clothing Style: Olivia tends towards wearing either light, flowy articles of clothing, or going the complete opposite and wearing a bright color. A pink, gauzy sleeveless top coupled with a silver belt around the waist and white capris is one of her favorite ensembles. She insists on having at least one tone of red in any outfit - whether is a crimson or a blush.
- Overall appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

*Personal*
- Former Human Family: Dead.
- The Vampire who created your character: Missing, and it is unknown whether he still lives or not.
- Currant colony ties: N/A
- Other information: Olivia lives as a loner, refusing to start a colony of any type, despite the fact that it exposes her and leaves her vulnerable to attacks without anyone to assist her if one group feels the urge to go hunting after those who chose to live in solitary. She had a close bond with her Parent, which is perhaps another reason why she is hesitant to start a new colony. After he went AWOL, she grew suspicious of those who called themselves allies and searched for him for three years - only to realize the harrowing fact that if an old one such as him chose to disappear, he would disappear. Completly.
- Roleplay secret code: Accepted.

Devon Stiles

Your Username: Miss Red
Character's Name: Devon Stiles
Character's age when he became a vampire: 26
Character's time in existence as a vampire: 20

Former Human Family: Mother (Deceased), Father (Deceased), Brother (Unknown), Sister (Kara / Alpha of a different colony)
The Vampire who created your character: Brendan O'Conner (Alpha of an Ireland colony)
Currant colony ties: N/A; left colony for no apparent reason. Missing. Used to be Alpha of a western colony.

Julius Radke

Your Username: Miss Red
Character's Name: Julius Radke
Character's age when he became a vampire: 23
Character's time in existence as a vampire: 15

Former Human Family: Mother (Living), Father (Deceased)
The Vampire who created your character: Devon Stiles (Alpha of western colony)
Currant colony ties: N/A; abandoned colony after Devon vanished, used to be a Beta. Living among humans and forgoing vampire contact.
Other: Julius became blind at some unknown point in the three years between Devon's disappearance and the time when Olivia entered the city.

Your Username: Medias
Character's Name: Lunar Austri
Character's age when he became a vampire: 20
Characters's time in existence as a vampire: 3 years

Height and Weight: Tall and slim (i'm 6'2'' so i'll go with that :p)
Hair style and color: cut very short and spiked up, brown
Clothing style: Wears a black vest underneath a black biker jacket with a pair of tight, dark jeans and black trainers.
Overall appearance: Bright blue eyes, sharp features and lean muscles
Secret code: Accepted

Kythia

AutoTune

Oh my goodness, sorry for the long delay! D: I was busy with early gardenimg duties lately.
And well, that's an exellent question. Which would be prefered, Modern, or Historical? I'm comfortable roleplaying either setting. C-:

Snapespersephone

-Character's Age:18 when she was turned and has been a vampire for a little over a 9 years

-Other information:is a subordinate who's parent vampire has died and as such is unaligned at the moment

-Roleplay secret code:  Pyramid made of sponges.
A&A: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=191520.new#new updated 12/24/15
Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=168435.0
Ideas: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=177456.msg8429651#msg8429651
Fort: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=169154.0
There is something wrong in life when my most dominate side is my muse, and she doesn't listen to me. She skips around doing her own thing and ignoring me.

AutoTune

Quote from: Snapespersephone on March 14, 2013, 01:39:35 PM

-Roleplay secret code:  Accepted!

Your profile is up, I'll get the rp started! :-D
Sorry for the long wait! I was busy with dental work all month. D:

Talli

I hope you are still accepting applications, if not would you let me know please?

-General Appearance: Long reddish brown hair with colorless side swoop bangs, Green eyes, Five feet in height, hourglass figure with a little bit of extra weight so in bases looks healthy and not like an anorexic swim suit model. 

-Clothing Style: If its more of an earlier era style then Green dress'  with silver trim. if more modern blue or green t- shirts with black jackets/hoodies. Always wears a hoodie in the more modern times style if that's the case.

-Other information: Kind of shy at first but then opens up after a while or if someone is hurting some body. Not afraid to stand up for someone she doesn't know if she feels like its the right thing and loves to help people especially in medical ways IE band aids wraps or what ever else things call for.

-Roleplay secret code: Pyramid of sponges (When I read that all I could imagine was a bunch of sponge bobs dressed like cheerleaders trying to make the tower thing they do.... and I don't even like sponge bob. )
For anyone who had been role playing with me before I left...
I'm sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused and I am also sorry that I was gone for such an extended amount of time. Things have been difficult and time has been sparse on my end so there hasn't been any way to get on.

AutoTune

Quote from: Talli on March 29, 2013, 07:32:58 AM
I hope you are still accepting applications, if not would you let me know please?

-Roleplay secret code: Pyramid of sponges (When I read that all I could imagine was a bunch of sponge bobs dressed like cheerleaders trying to make the tower thing they do.... and I don't even like sponge bob. )
Accepted!
(made me giggle too. xD)

Talli

I'm sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused and I am also sorry that I was gone for such an extended amount of time. Things have been difficult and time has been sparse on my end so there hasn't been any way to get on.

AutoTune

^__^
Hopefully a few more members will come and sign up, but if no one else does any time soon, I'll go ahead and get the roleplay started.
Until then, all actively signed up members can plot and shceme here, if they like.

Timber42

Greetings and salutations. I really hope you are still accepting applications. If not please let me know.

-General Appearance: Shoulder length auburn hair held back in a pony tail, well kept goatee, ice blue eyes that turn crimson when thirsty, about 6'2, lean yet muscular frame,

-Clothing Style: Worn blue jeans with a button-up shirt. a Celtic cross made of pewter on a chain around my neck.

-Other information: At first look Liam seems gruff and intimidating. Just his sheer size is enough to put most people on edge. When one gets to know him they realize that he is firm but fair. He has a deep voice with a thick Irish accent. He is a loner, choosing solitude to being surrounded by others that would manipulate him.

-Roleplay secret code: Pyramid of sponges.
Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.                                 -Lex Luthor

AutoTune

Quote from: Timber42 on March 30, 2013, 09:13:43 PM
Greetings and salutations. I really hope you are still accepting applications. If not please let me know.

-Roleplay secret code: Pyramid of sponges.
Accepted! I'll start the roleplay as soon as possible! :-D

Timber42

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.                                 -Lex Luthor

AutoTune

AutoTune

Update:
The rules have been amended, but nothing major changed.

The Profile sign up has been changed; it is not required to re-submit any profiles you already made.

The roleplay password changed; it is no longer Pyrimid of Sponges.

Here is the Roleplay thread: Here

Miss Red

*General*

*Appearance*
- Height and weight: Smaller build with a slim frame and delicately styled proportions.
- Hair style and color: Pale platinum blonde that hangs in loose ringlets and waves down to her mid-back.
- Clothing Style: Olivia tends towards wearing either light, flowy articles of clothing, or going the complete opposite and wearing a bright color. A pink, gauzy sleeveless top coupled with a silver belt around the waist and white capris is one of her favorite ensembles. She insists on having at least one tone of red in any outfit - whether is a crimson or a blush.
- Overall appearance:

*Personal*
- The Vampire who created your character: Missing, and it is unknown whether he still lives or not.
- Other information: Olivia lives as a loner, refusing to start a colony of any type, despite the fact that it exposes her and leaves her vulnerable to attacks without anyone to assist her if one group feels the urge to go hunting after those who chose to live in solitary. She had a close bond with her Parent, which is perhaps another reason why she is hesitant to start a new colony. After he went AWOL, she grew suspicious of those who called themselves allies and searched for him for three years - only to realize the harrowing fact that if an old one such as him chose to disappear, he would disappear. Completly.
- Roleplay secret code: The cake is a lie.
"My pessimism extends to the point of even suspecting the sincerity of the pessimists." - Jean Rostand

101 Excuses (A/A)

AutoTune

Quote from: Miss Red on April 04, 2013, 01:30:17 AM
*General*

*Appearance*
- Overall appearance:

*Personal*
- Roleplay secret code: Accepted.

You're accepted, you can start playing when ever you like. :)

Miss Red

Thanks.  :-)

Do you have any idea how I could jump in?
"My pessimism extends to the point of even suspecting the sincerity of the pessimists." - Jean Rostand

101 Excuses (A/A)

AutoTune

She could be passing through the city, or looking for clues or something. Right now, there are several little hints of antagonists against the general local vampires in the roleplay, which are as follows:

Aribelle and her colony live at the south west part of the city, in the up town part, having claimed the Boardwalk (not yet described); they seem to take a liking to 'stealing' other colonies' omegas, to make their own colony stronger. Aribelle's appearance  has not been descibed fully yet, and her and her colony (including a vague hint at a Rochelle character from my post) are all Fair-Game NPCs that everyone can control in the background until otherwise claimed.

Claiming a small area in the north parts of the town is Jennete's Colony (where mah character, Oliver belongs) with two markers in their stomping grounds, one being a Lampost at a location called Rothmal Street, and what I assume is a 'neutural ground' place, which is a cafe'. They don't like other stranger vampires in their territory, regardless of allegiance, because Oliver is rearing a new Omega named Darla/Darleen. (has not been described)

Another factor in the story that could pose problematic (and to help to get the gears going) is a strange prank note from someone that has'nt even been hinted at. (i was throwing something in, in the hopes of getting the ball rolling)
For The Vamires: .thgilF morF staB gnihctanS
Sincirely, the Hawkens Family

A young, nameless vampress and her companion she called Jeremy fled the Rothmal street marker, when Oliver approached him, addressing him as the "moron". These characters were briefly mentioned twice.

If you'd rather use your own way of jumping into the roleplay, feel free to do so; i'm just listing a few key points from the roleplay (that I remember) that might be helpful. Maybe you're character's parent vampire had vampire kin, like a beta or another subordinate, that had left him before he met your character? Or maybe your character is looking for traveling supplies to go in search of something important? It's entirely up to you. ^,^

Miss Red

That's something I can roll with.  :D I think I'll create myself a Beta that left just after Olivia was created for some unknown reason, and has stayed far away from Nightwalker politics as possible. He's been living a loner life in the city, going mainstream and talking to humans instead of secluding himself like Olivia has done in an attempt to humanize himself. Or something of the sort. I'm aiming to make him seem more of a brother type in affection terms, instead of anything even remotely romantic, due to the fact that it'd be completely out of character, and I don't think it's good etiquette to create a character with a predetermined partner who've you, yourself created. Kinda ruins plot building. Perhaps if he's useful enough, I'll bother with a profile (or even a smaller one dictating his name and other basic info)? If that's alright, of course.  ;D

Also, just a question. Are Alphas able to name who would be their successor in a colony, in the unfortunate event that he/she dies a second death? I imagine it would be something along those lines, or if the Alpha fails to do so, the Betas are forced to fight it out. Unless an entire colony crumbles without their original Alpha, leaving Betas to go off and create their own colonies.

The fact that there are some NPC antagonists is making me do a happy dance inside. Usually it's very controlled. I assume we can't go totally wacko with them and make them suddenly change into a nice guy, correct?  :P

Oh! I just noticed the note was backwards. And I like was it says. *Cue creepy smile*  >:) A possible excuse why Olivia's Alpha disappeared? They could be hunting down vampires in general, but making Alphas a priority, due to the fact that they create others like them. Of course, if the Betas take over after an Alpha's death, then it'd be utterly pointless and probably result in a massacre of some sort. Or something. I'm rambling. You don't have to listen to it if you don't want to.  ;)

101 Excuses (A/A)

AutoTune

Quote from: Miss Red on April 05, 2013, 09:19:37 PM
That's something I can roll with.  :D I think I'll create myself a Beta that left just after Olivia was created for some unknown reason, and has stayed far away from Nightwalker politics as possible. He's been living a loner life in the city, going mainstream and talking to humans instead of secluding himself like Olivia has done in an attempt to humanize himself. Or something of the sort. I'm aiming to make him seem more of a brother type in affection terms, instead of anything even remotely romantic, due to the fact that it'd be completely out of character, and I don't think it's good etiquette to create a character with a predetermined partner who've you, yourself created. Kinda ruins plot building. Perhaps if he's useful enough, I'll bother with a profile (or even a smaller one dictating his name and other basic info)? If that's alright, of course.  ;D

Sounds great! Humanizing himself, trying to rehabilitate back to normality, I would never have thought of that. Totally up to you're plotting now with this idea. :D

QuoteAlso, just a question. Are Alphas able to name who would be their successor in a colony, in the unfortunate event that he/she dies a second death? I imagine it would be something along those lines, or if the Alpha fails to do so, the Betas are forced to fight it out. Unless an entire colony crumbles without their original Alpha, leaving Betas to go off and create their own colonies.

I would imagine that the colony's subordinates would turn to the strongest, or most trusted beta, if there happens to be more then one in the colony; the succesor to the colony would be an avoided topic to discuss with in the colony's members, I would imagine, as if denying the fact that the alpha won't die, will make the futle wish true. Although, a small spar between betas, if the sucessor was not clearly indicated, can duke it out, if you like.

QuoteThe fact that there are some NPC antagonists is making me do a happy dance inside. Usually it's very controlled. I assume we can't go totally wacko with them and make them suddenly change into a nice guy, correct?  :P
Meh, I won't stop players from doing it, i'll just randomly start throwing in more off-the-to-of-my-head antagonists, which would probably make the story difficult to keep up with. xD So, yeah, you're correct, I would'nt reccomend going total wacko with the NPCs. (I shall put NPC Liberties and Policies in the rules part, since you remided me I forgot. Thankies.) If there was any particular NPC you wanted to claim though, you can. :)

QuoteOh! I just noticed the note was backwards. And I like was it says. *Cue creepy smile*  >:) A possible excuse why Olivia's Alpha disappeared? They could be hunting down vampires in general, but making Alphas a priority, due to the fact that they create others like them. Of course, if the Betas take over after an Alpha's death, then it'd be utterly pointless and probably result in a massacre of some sort. Or something. I'm rambling. You don't have to listen to it if you don't want to.
This would be very interesting! I like how you take all kinds of different information from a few vague roleplay suggestions, and totally warp them into something that's a decently presentable story; it's awesome :D . and yup, I think you can use this little Hawkens Family idea for your character's backstory too, if you liike.

All set?

AutoTune

New antagonists:
Marvolone was an obnoxious alpha with curly red hair, with rumours going around that he had allied with Arribele a few years ago. James was formerly Helana's cousin, decades ago; any family bonds they used to have were not shared in vampire life, especially now with James having submitted his loyalties to Marvolone's colony. James had coal back, floppy hair, with a lock of it dyed strange neon green, and a graphic tee and purple hoodie. Known to reside outside Arborden City, in England.

Talli

Quote from: AutoTune on April 06, 2013, 04:14:28 AM
New antagonists:
Marvolone was an obnoxious alpha with curly red hair, with rumours going around that he had allied with Arribele a few years ago. James was formerly Helana's cousin, decades ago; any family bonds they used to have were not shared in vampire life, especially now with James having submitted his loyalties to Marvolone's colony. James had coal back, floppy hair, with a lock of it dyed strange neon green, and a graphic tee and purple hoodie. Known to reside outside Arborden City, in England.

Hello, sorry I haven't been able to post yet and thank you for accepting me. I was wondering if my character Korra would be able to 'coincidentally' run into your new character James some where near Arborden City? She's a newly made vampire, her creator made her carelessly and then left her to fend herself. She's been a vampire for roughly 2 weeks now.

Miss Red

Quote from: AutoTune on April 06, 2013, 03:17:43 AM
I would imagine that the colony's subordinates would turn to the strongest, or most trusted beta, if there happens to be more then one in the colony; the successor to the colony would be an avoided topic to discuss with in the colony's members, I would imagine, as if denying the fact that the alpha won't die, will make the futle wish true. Although, a small spar between betas, if the successor was not clearly indicated, can duke it out, if you like.

Sorry to keep asking you questions - this is the last one before I post, I swear.  ;)

Let's say an Alpha created a vampire, a subordinate, whom later on they decided to succeed them, completely disregarding the Beta(s). Would that be plausible? It wouldn't have been decided instantly, obviously, and an opinion they kept to themselves or to a trusted Beta - but I'd imagine that even though a Beta(s) is an elder "child", they'd fall in and out of favor, or maybe (in a rare case) not want to become the next Alpha? Or something of the sort that resulted in the Alpha making the choice to choose another successor? Basically, I'm wondering if a vampire of a ranking lower then Beta can be chosen (secretly or publicly) by the Alpha to succeed them.

If that makes any sense, of course.

101 Excuses (A/A)

Talli

Quote from: Talli on April 06, 2013, 11:06:46 AM
Hello, sorry I haven't been able to post yet and thank you for accepting me. I was wondering if my character Korra would be able to 'coincidentally' run into your new character James some where near Arborden City? She's a newly made vampire, her creator made her carelessly and then left her to fend herself. She's been a vampire for roughly 2 weeks now.

I apologize as well I hadn't quite gotten to the last of the posts when I had read this and I was brain storming and jumping the gun. I tend to do that from time to time when I'm bouncing trough three different pages though hehe.

I have a different idea that I guess I'll try and hopefully it doesn't throw the story off any.