Pelani Triana: A Mass Effect RP [EX]

Started by thebobmaster, November 03, 2013, 02:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebobmaster

It's been 25 years since Shepard saved the galaxy.Only the naive would think that the end of the Reapers meant peace. However, the effects of the Reaper invasion were still felt. One of these areas were in gangs. Before the Reaper invasion, the Blue Suns, Eclipse, and Blood Pack gangs had almost complete control of criminal elements throughout the galaxy. After, though, the gangs were weakened. Through that weakening, other gangs started to rise.

One of these gangs was the Pelani Triana. Led by the mysterious Teran, who has kept all but her gender a secret, this gang has not spread very far in its ten years of existence, only focusing on Omega. However, that may soon be changing. What the Pelani lack in strength, they make up for in brutality, and the gang is ready to start taking over from other gangs. It may not be easy, but easy is the same as boring, and safe is the same as dead.

---

Basically, this will be an RP focusing on the criminal element of the Mass Effect universe. Black market dealings, bribery, extortion, and even murder will all come into play. I will be playing Teran. What I need for this RP is a few people to play other gang members. Please, however, only express interest if you actually intend to participate. I've had far too many group RPs  fall flat out of the gate because no one was willing to participate. That said, my rules are pretty simple. No god moding, and no killing off other player characters without permission. Other than that, feel free to have your characters act as you will. Below is Teran's character sheet, which you can use as a guide. It isn't required to follow it, but it gives you some idea of where to start.

Name: Teran
Race: Unknown, but humanoid
Role in the Gang: Leader
Weapons: Poisons, Garrote Wire (2 maximum, unless you are willing to swap a power for a weapon)
Powers: Unknown (maximum of 3)
Description: From what little is known about Teran, she appears humanoid, with a slender, tall build. No hair has ever been seen, even in shadows, suggesting she normally wears a hood at the very least.
Background: Starting as an assassin in the gang when it started, she made sure that she was in the good graces of the leader before setting him up as her next target, ensuring her promotion to the position of leader. One of the first acts as a leader was eliminating all of the former lieutenants of the previous leader, followed by having all visual references to her deleted. In doing so, she ensured that no one knew what she looked like, preferring a more mysterious approach as a leader.
Notes: Her previous background as an assassin's methods suggest more guile than brute strength, generally relying on poisons or, at her most physical, a garrote wire. This, combined with her slender build, suggests that she is not very physically strong.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Orange Marmalade

I love Mass Effect more than is reasonable. What is allowed/disallowed? Or rather what are you looking for character wise?

thebobmaster

What is allowed is quite simple. I do not set limits. I feel it is better for players to explore their own limits. Therefore, it is as the second half of the Assassin's Creed states: everything is permitted.

What I'm looking for? Well, I'd like to have someone who would be believable in an up and coming gang. They wouldn't likely have any real big in-world names, but beyond that, once again, almost anything is good. After all, rising gangs aren't known for stringent recruiting standards. The only real thing I can think of is that a volus would be quite an unlikely gang member, due to the vulnerabilities in their suit. Being able to be killed in one shot is hardly good for a gangster.

Esseria

Welp you've got me interested. I'll do a character up shortly.

Esseria

Yell at me if she owns too many weapons. I figure a successful Asari career merc/criminal would have acquired an arsenal.

Name: Amira T'vess
Race: Asari
Role in the Gang: Muscle, Murder, Mayhem
Weapons owned [loadout variable]: M-11 Wraith Shotgun, M-6 Carnifex Pistol, M-97 Viper Sniper Rifle, M-12 Locust SMG, M-358 Talon Pistol
Powers: Biotic Charge, Stasis, Biotic Grenades
Description: 5'7ish, weight undisclosed (athleltic build), mid-tone blue skin
Background: Once an Asari Commando, Amira has been operating illegally for decades. While not exactly a homicidal maniacl, she is bluntly amoral, perfectly willing to maim and kill if that gets her to her goal faster. She is a tad arrogant, though her skills with weapon and biotics do do back that up rather well. Her demeanor varies between surprisingly warm and brutally cold, depending on how much she likes the people around her--and what would best suit her needs. A contract gone bad left her minus her usual contacts, and much of her acquired resources, leading her to join up with a particular gang...

thebobmaster

As long as you keep the weapons to two weapons per mission, that's fine.

thebobmaster

Now that I have enough people to legitimately call this a group, I have started up the story, as well as an OOC topic. That doesn't mean people can't join. In fact, I encourage people to submit character sheets for approval and drop in. Makes things a little more free-form.

OOC topic
Main topic

Esseria

Of course! Thus the note about loadouts!

eBadger

I'm interested; I have an information broker that could be tweaked to fit in this. 

Are you planning this to be a sandbox, with characters thrown together and left on their own to make the game happen, or will there be a plot progression/adventure to guide the characters along?

thebobmaster

A mixture of both. I'll be giving plot threads from time to time, but it's mostly sandbox.

eBadger

Hmm; I'll give it a think, but that probably counts me out. 

PaladinZenaku

I am interested after you said it would be after the reaper invasion. I would like to try a geth for this if you allow. Knowing legion freed the geth from reaper control and allowed them independent thought it would be possible for a geth to choose to be a enforcer for crimal gangs.
"Underneath the silvery moon,
Your path can still turn foul.
You'll know you've made a wretched move,
When werewolves start to howl."
~Shadowfang~
Alpha Male of Southern US Pack

thebobmaster

PaladinZenaku

I love geth and was trying for a engineer or Prime variant.
Engineer
Prime

That but with shoulder armor on both sides
~Shadowfang~

thebobmaster

PaladinZenaku

~Shadowfang~

catherinehellfire

Hey so before I make my character I can trade one of my weapons for a power instead right?
If sex was a roller-coaster, I'd ride it over and over again.

Absences: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=261213.0

thebobmaster

Yes. As long as you have a combined total of 6 powers and weapons, any combo works. Or you could do what Esseria did.

PaladinZenaku

I was thinking prime but I should go juggernaut because the prime is a boss while the juggernaut is more smaller but still like it.
~Shadowfang~

thebobmaster

Juggernaut would work better, I think. Big enough to be imposing without being overkill.

PaladinZenaku

~Shadowfang~

PaladinZenaku

Name: Geth Platform 678,438 or Nexus
Race: Geth Juggernaut
Role in the Gang: Head Enforcer
Weapons: Geth Spitfire, Geth Javelin
Powers: Hex shield, Siege Pulse, Geth turret
Description: 10 foot tall, black armor with white lines dictating rank, 3 glowing red eyes in center of head cable
Background: 678,428 was created as a leader of special operations groups conducting seek and destroy missions on top rank targets. He completed the missions with brutal affect's while keeping the in the shadows. While him and his team was behind enemy lines, he took it upon himself to download several programs from each fallen squadmates to return their programs to Geth space and allow their knowledge to empower future Geth troopers. After Geth VI/Legion gave the Geth true intelligence, 678,428 was given the name Nexus due to he had multiple programs from fellow Geth and intregrated them to his own. Nexus choose to keep to his own after freedom mostly to try to retrieve the true remains of his fallen friends. This lead him to meet a strange person named Teran. She helped him retrieve the bodies so he could give them a proper burial and in return he would help her. Teran soon became the boss of a gang called the Pelani Triana with Nexus as its top enforcer. The only catch was that Nexus had to delete Terans face from his memory in order to keep her identity a secret in which he did. He still sees her a time or two and doesnt know her but he feels he use to.
~Shadowfang~

thebobmaster

catherinehellfire

Name: Catherine Turlock
Race: Asari
Role In gang: Shadowbroker (collects information and makes deals)
Weapons:M-9 Tempest
Powers: cluster grenade, pull, throw, shockwave, flare
Description: 5'6 slender, smooth build with a lighter blue skin
Background:  Catherine went into information gathering at a young age.  She had already had a large store of data by the time she first left her home.  She went through many carrier changes like dancer, bar maid, scientist (when she was more prominently known), and finally she worked for the military for a while.  After her time in the military she decided she didn't like the fact that the military wouldn't let her into more secure areas of information and was caught hacking in and recording data.  She escaped on a small ship and ended up at Omega, where she was found by the gang, the Pelani Triana.  After finding out who she was they recruited her and she became their shadowbroker. 
If sex was a roller-coaster, I'd ride it over and over again.

Absences: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=261213.0

thebobmaster