Salem Institute of Magic (HP verse): Recruiting now!

Started by Amelita, March 31, 2014, 09:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amelita

IN 1313 A NEW ERA BEGAN

Magical people, wizards, shamans, those with a more vivid bond with the elements and veils of the world, gathered their forces to create a common ground. A new way to fuel generations to come with the ideas and the respect that ran so deep in the natives. They were people of nature, of America before it was named America, and their vision was a spark that ignited what became through the ages...

SALEM INSTITUTE OF MAGIC

Now, in a wizard world filled with shadows and unspeakable dangers, young people are sent to a hidden island off the coast of Massachusetts every fall to take on what can only be described as a ritual of adulthood. Young men and women have seven years to learn how to survive in the world outside the shelter of their homes, years spent in constant presence of both light and darkness, dangers and security.

The United Kingdom and Hogwarts had Voldemort. The United States and Salem had Makya Hale.

THE SECOND WIZARDING WAR MAY BE OVER...

...BUT EVERY END IS THE BEGINNING OF SOMETHING.

TO JOIN THE FUN:

Read the GAME INFORMATION thread!

Submit a character VIA PM to ALL THREE GM'S!
Aiden - Amelita - Bloodied Porcelain

Hop into the OOC and say hello!

Please note that approval may take a few days since each character is reviewed by all GM's.

Feel free to ask questions in this thread or via PM to any or all of the GM's.

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Bloodied Porcelain

I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Aiden

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Amelita

~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~

Amelita

To those of you out there who may have been working on characters for the game...

Please make sure you have the updated character sheet!

That is all ::)

Caela

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Caela

May I make a face claim now so she doesn't get snapped up while I'm at work tomorrow?

NM, should have read the rules before asking.

Also, are there open Staff positions, or just students for now?

Zealously Jaded

Niferbelle

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Crash on March 31, 2014, 09:41:38 PM
Should we post characters here or PM?

Please PM your sheet to all three GMs, as stated in the first post :)

Quote from: Caela on March 31, 2014, 09:42:40 PM
May I make a face claim now so she doesn't get snapped up while I'm at work tomorrow?

Yes you may make face claims now. Yes there are open staff positions. I will have a full staff list up shortly.

I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Crash

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on March 31, 2014, 09:49:30 PM
Please PM your sheet to all three GMs, as stated in the first post :)

Just saw that. Can we post WIP's here?

Quote from: Niferbelle on March 31, 2014, 09:48:33 PM
*dances around a little*

**Grabs Niferbelle and dances with her**

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Niferbelle

Greytrail

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Caela on March 31, 2014, 09:42:40 PM

Faculty List

Quote from: Crash on March 31, 2014, 09:51:08 PM
Just saw that. Can we post WIP's here?

**Grabs Niferbelle and dances with her**

If you wish but you will be responsible for keeping track of the post and it will still need to be PMed to us when it is finished.

Crash

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on March 31, 2014, 09:57:05 PM
If you wish but you will be responsible for keeping track of the post and it will still need to be PMed to us when it is finished.

PM'ed to you, Amelita and Aiden.  ;D

Caela

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on March 31, 2014, 09:57:05 PM
Faculty List

Thanks BP...am going to put out interest in making a Care of Magical Creatures professor. You all should have her sheet either tonight or shortly after I get home from work tomorrow. :)

Crash

Wuhahahahaha!   

Antoinette Cuvert De Boisblanc (WIP)

~BASICS~
Character's Name: Antoinette Cuvert De Boisblanc
Nickname: Nettie, Alphabet or Alphie (She really doesn’t like the latter two too much.)
Character's Birthdate and Age: September 12th, 1996 / 16
Blood Status: Halfblood
Cultural heritage in addition to American/Wizard American: Creole, Jamaican
Hometown: New Orleans, Louisiana

Salem year: 1st Year
House/House alumni:
Fraternity/Sorority: N/A
Wand:
Totem:
Patronus: None yet
Boggart: Being alone in the dark with the water closing on over her head.
Apparition License: No
Special possessions: All the ritual implements needed for the practice of Voodoo.
Special skills: She is a great cook and knows as much as a muggle practitioner of Voodoo can as she every female member on her mother’s side follows the religion and are witches to boot.  Nettie is also very good at muggle sports, basketball and softball in particular.  Magic wise she has shown a knack for Charms and Potions in JWIG.  Antoinette has a wonderful singing voice and is in an a cappella group with her best friends Autumn and Thien.  Antoinette speaks English and French.

~APPEARANCE~

Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5’6”
Physical Description: Slender and very fit. Antoinette puts a lot of effort into herself, which shows.  If it wasn’t for her extremely long dreadlocks (her hair has never been cut), her eyes would be her most striking feature.  Her light brown orbs draw people in and captivate them while her regal demeanor exudes confidence even when she is shaking like a leaf on the inside.

Antoinette Cuvert De Boisblanc

Distinguishing Features: Her incredibly long dreadlocks

Dreads

Character Model: Nerissa Irving

~IN DEPTH~

Personality: Charismatic, Elegant, Brilliant, Enigmatic, Calculating, Spontaneous, Vindictive

Antoinette often comes off as an almost regal figure of not a little cold and mysterious.  This comes partly from her upbringing and her chosen carrier as a Mambo (voodoo priestess).  This has nothing really to do with being a witch and everything to do with being trained by her mother and grandmother as a spiritual leader for Muggles.  It is often what is expected of a Mamba at least to those on the outside looking in.  To those followers that the Mambo administers to they reveal great caring and warmth if still maintaining an air of mystery and danger.  Antoinette has her mother’s gift for drawing people to her and her grandmother’s gift of oratory.  The nature of her religion and future station within it has taught the importance of human interaction, both good and bad.  It touches on that which some consider evil even if only to defend against it.  Antionette’s grandmother tows the line between Mamba and Bokor and her teaching has influenced Antoinette’s behavior introducing the ideas of vengeful magic and cool detached logic in her dealings with followers and spirits. 

Following Wizarding rules her mother and grandmother have stuck to what they call Muggle magic when teaching Antoinette the ins and outs of Voodoo.  She understands much about the religion itself and can superficially perform a number of basic rites and rituals, but none that involve spell-caster other than those allowed by JWIG.

When away from “work” Antoinette’s family looks little different from other muggle families.  They are tight-nit and enjoy being part of the community.  Her entire family frequently participates in community building projects and charity work.  Since Hurricane Katrina this charity effort has doubled as there are so many of the poor that still need help. 

Away from religious duties and with people she knows Antoinette is very much a typical teenager.  She enjoys hanging out with her friends and going shopping.  She has a soft spot for clothes and is very protective of her amazing hair.  When she is doing something she enjoys she doesn’t do it half way and she can be surprisingly spontaneous.  Antoinette was introduced to music early in life and found a talent for singing.  Music often brings out the best in Antoinette and she finds it hard to stand still when there is a good groove going,  She loves to play sports and visits the local gym to help stay in shape.

History: The wizards in Antoinette’s Family have tied themselves to Muggles throughout their history.  It is not an uncommon occurrence in the Voodoo faith which has long been tied to all people muggle or wizard.  The western fixation on blood purity likely seemed very odd when they were first encountered.  Mambas and Hougans have long been tied to the community as a whole with little distinction of blood.  It is a family tradition for wizards to marry against blood, one that Antoinette’s family takes very seriously leading to a history of Half-bloods as far as the line can trace itself. 

Antoinette did not grow up much differently than poor muggle children her age.  She grew up in a family first environment that stressed a strong work ethic, respect for her religion and community service.  Her mother was the local Mamba and beloved even by their God-fearing neighbors as a woman of great charity, no nonsense attitude and a damn fine cook.  Her grandmother however was much more feared than loved.  She was cranky, cantankerous and could be down-right terrifying to the local kids, but she adored her granddaughter who was one of the few people that could bring a smile to her eyes.

Antoinette’s father owns Sweet Lorraine’s Jazz Club. Some of Antoinette’s fondest memories as a child were sitting on the end of the seventh ward bar listening to a local band or solo artists tickling the Ivory’s or blowing on a saxophone to the delight of the other locals.  The Seventh Ward isn’t a safe place for outsiders, but when she would have friends from JWIG over she would always bring them to Sweet Lorraine’s to do their homework while listening to some of New Orleans best unknown musicians.

Hurricane Katrina was a terrifying for Antoinette.  She was eight at the time and home alone when the Hurricane struck.  Her father was at guarding the Club from vandals and ended up sheltering a number of would be thieves when the flooding started.  Antoinette’s mother Lorraine had put a protection spell on the club to keep it from flooding.  Her mother should have been home, but got a call on her way home from work about one of the young women in one of the tenement buildings nearby who had gone into labor and the family couldn’t get her to the hospital.  The flooding was so fierce it broke through their homes’ protections flooding the bottom floor of their home Antoinette was forced to shelter on the second floor and pray to Agwe, Loa of the Sea, for protection.  Antoinette’s mother found her an hour later terrified and huddled on top of her bed.  To this day she has a fear of drowning.

Sweet Lorraine’s became someone of a haven for locals, but wizarding and muggle after Hurricane Katrina.  No matter how bleak the times the Jazz club always seemed to have food, clothing or fresh water for those that needed it.  Some local wizards helped keep the Club and Antoinette’s home safe in the lawlessness that followed.  The Seventh Ward is still suffering the Hurricane’s aftermath and Antoinette’s family has become something of local heroes to the impoverished area for their efforts.

At 11 years of age Antoinette started JWIG.  By this time she was well aware of the differences of her religious life.  She had already faced in elementary school the stigma and ignorance of others when it came to her religion and while she had a few issues with other students at school Antoinette was already comfortable in her faith and weathered it well.  It was at JWIG that she met her friends Autumn and Thien.  They all had an interest in music and joined choir eventually forming their own a cappella group in the last year of school. 

Academic History: Antoinette is a very focused student.  That is to say that she focuses her efforts on some classes more than others.  She is still an above average student for sure, but she is a practitioner of Louisiana Voodoo and well on her way to being a Mambo like her mother and her grandmother.  It is likely youthful ignorance but she focuses more effort on classes she feels are oriented to her study such as Charms and Potions.  She also concentrates more on classes that revolve around social issues both Wizarding and Muggle as she is well aware of how her people have been treated by history.  The other courses she simply doesn’t try as hard which is why classes like math and English and Transfiguration are just above passing.

OWL's:
Basic Charms: O
Basic Herbology: E
American History of Magic: E
Muggle Studies: E
Basic Potions: O
Basic Transfiguration: A
English: A
Math: A
Muggle History: E
Social Studies/Current Events: E

NEWT's: Not Taken

Family:
Mother:
Lorraine Duponte
Blood Status: Half-Blood

Father:
Dexter Cuvert De Boisblanc
Blood Status: Muggle

Connections:
Autumn Flynn – Friend, Muggle-born (PC).  Pretty much the opposite of Antoinette in many ways except their love of music and song.  They both like to have a good time to and while a good time doesn’t mean the exact same thing to them both, it intersects enough for them to get along.

Thien An Phan – Friend, Pure-Blood (NPC).   Thien has high academic standards which fit with Antoinette’s upbringing of study.  However where Thien is expected to excel in all courses, Antoinette is more focus.  Thien desperately wants to break from the stress of familial expectations and Antoinette and Autumn are more than happy to arrange distractions .

Likes: Voodoo, Open-mindedness, New Orleans Jazz and Blues, Muggle Sports, Singing, Helping the less fortunate, New Orleans Saints, Cooking, Her Mom and Dad, Cajun and Creole food,  Muggle Wild Animals
Dislikes: The French Quarter, Hurricanes, Swimming, Sushi, All clear sodas and red bull.
Fears & Phobias: Drowning
Worst Memory(ies): Being trapped on the second floor of her home during Hurricane Katrina while the bottom level flooded.  She was there for an hour before her mother could come and get her and it still gives her nightmares.
Best Memory(ies): Listening to the local musicians play while sitting on the edger of her father's bar as a kid. The first spell she cast with her mother (during JWIG).  Her first talent show singing with her friends.
Favorite Animal(s) Boa Constrictor, Jaguar and Jamaican Monarch Butterfly (Black and Red)
O/O's: On’s and Off’s

Notes:
House suggestion: Ipswitch
Wand suggestion: 11 -5/8” Elm with a Dragon Heartstring Core

Autumn Rain Breckenridge (WIP)

~BASICS~
Character's Name: Autumn Rain Breckenridge   
Nickname: Rain
Character's Birthdate and Age: September 22rd, 1996 / 16
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Cultural heritage in addition to American/Wizard American: Irish/Scottish
Hometown: Santa Cruz, California

Salem year: 1st Year
House/House alumni:
Fraternity/Sorority: N/A
Wand:
Totem:
Patronus:
Boggart: Bloody Mary.  The urban legend absolutely terrifies her.  Lock her in a bathroom at night and she will be a fetal ball of jello in the morning.
Apparition License: No
Special possessions: Magical folding surfboard for easy of travel, Wetsuit
Special skills: Singing, Surfing

~APPEARANCE~

Autumn Rain Breckenridge
Hair: Red
Eyes: Green
Beautiful Eyes
Height: 5’3”
Physical Description: Autumn is slight of build with very girlish features that belay the devious little mind at work.  She has dancing eyes and a constant smirk like she knows something you don’t and is just waiting for the right moment to surprise you.  She doesn’t look particularly athletic, but her swimming and surfing keep her from gaining much weight.  Autumn is a third generation hippie which explains why her parents never stopped her from getting the insane amount of ink for someone her age.  She got her first tattoo at the age of 12 for her birthday and has added a significant number of them in the following 5 years getting a job on the boardwalk in Santa Cruz and entering any junior surfing competition she can find in order to afford more ink.  Autumn has brilliant red hair that she cuts to a medium length with long bangs that often hang over her face and is constantly bushing hair out of her eyes. 

Distinguishing Features: Lots of Tattoos

Tattoos

Character Model: Julie Kennedy (Suicide Girl Lass)

~IN DEPTH~

Personality: Hedonistic, Competitive, Fun-loving, Adventurous, Experimental, Lazy
Autumn has embraced her parents and her grandparent’s summer of love, flower child lifestyle to its fullest.  She is wild and carefree and always looking to have fun.  Any chance she has to be in the water is taken and any excuse to shrug off responsibility is pursued with reckless abandon.  Autumn is ready and willing to try new things whether it is a new food, a new game or a new friend she is happy to partake in whatever may come as long as it doesn’t involve doing any kind of real work. 

Her adventurous outdoorsy nature come from her father who was constantly packing up the family and driving to some new park or wilderness to go backpacking or camping, which she still enjoys doing.  For such an obviously lazy and pleasure seeking person it may come as a surprise that Autumn can be very competitive when it comes to any sort of contest.  When she plays, which is most of the time, she plays hard.  She is a competitive surfer and takes it very seriously, not considering it work at all to be out on the waves for hours at a time.  Autumn isn’t above getting others to do her work for her and is more than willing to bat eyelashes, flash dimples or flirt like crazy to make that happen.

History: Autumn grew up in a small home in the Santa Cruz hills.  Her parents are far from rich, but they never seemed to mind much.  Her childhood was filled with homemade dresses, long summer night camping trips and homegrown fruits and vegetables.  She very much grew up a 3rd generation flower child.  Autumn was drawn to the ocean from an early age and found every opportunity, much to her parents’ chagrin, to play within the cold foamy waves that roll unendingly onto the California coastline.  She was a precocious, adventurous and fearless child that loved to explore her world to the fullest and get into no end of trouble getting into things and places she shouldn’t.  Her parents never punished her or her siblings for their indiscretions believing everything was a learning experience.

She was close to her sister Summer and her little brother Brody while growing up until her sister manifested her wizarding powers and the owl from JWI appeared at their door.  Autumn’s parents took it all in stride and all of them were happy for Summer except Autumn who became very jealous and worried that her sister would be taken away from her.  This lead to some nasty competitions between the two of them as Autumn tried to make up for her lack of magi with outdoing Summer in everything else they did.  The rift between the two grew and came to a head when Summer was back for winter break her 3rd year at JWI and told her sister that ghosts and spirits were real and that Bloody Mary really would come get you if you said her name three times into the bathroom mirror at midnight.  The urban myth had always scared Autumn.  After a particularly nasty fight brought about by Autumn flaunting her success at surfing, something they both had interest in, Summer locked Autumn in the bathroom that night and called out the name of Bloody Mary three times.  Autumn didn’t know what Summer could and couldn’t really do so she huddled in the tub with her eyes clenched tightly until morning so Bloody Mary wouldn’t hurt her. 

It was the one and only time one of them got punished for their antics.  In truth Summer felt terrible about what she had done, but Autumn wouldn’t talk to her for months after, not until Summer came home with a letter addressed to Autumn on her 11th birthday that said she would be joining her at JWI.  While their relationship is still strained it is has more to do with personality differences that anything else as Summer has become a serious and dedicated student and Autumn is…well…not.

Autumn took to JWI like a fish to water.  Not so much her studies but at the opportunity to stretch her wings and fly from the nest.  She made friends quickly (Antoinette and Thien being her closest) and was nothing short of a big ball of energetic trouble for most of her teachers.  She found interests that suited her well, most of which were not academic, but extracurricular like music and games.  Magic wasn’t really tough for her other than some adjustment that follows with all muggles, but the discipline was and is hard for her to deal with.  Thankfully her friends reign in some of her excess and focus her energy just long enough for her to pass her classes and not get suspended from school.

Academic History: Autumn is much smarter than her grades indicate.  Honestly she is lazy and her parents don’t push her, believing that school is more for finding oneself than it is about getting the best grades you can get.  As long as she isn’t failing they are happy.  So Autumn cruises.  If she was a study monster like Thien or even Antoinette she could have gotten Outstandings in multiple subjects, but she isn’t and looks for the easy way out when it comes to classwork.  Maybe this will change at Salem but it is doubtful.  That said Autumn does have an affinity for water related spells and they seem to come to her easier than others.

OWL's:
Basic Charms: A
Basic Herbology: E
American History of Magic: A
Muggle Studies: E
Basic Potions: A
Basic Transfiguration: E
English: A
Math: E
Muggle History: A
Social Studies/Current Events: A

NEWT's:

Family:

Mother
Name: Mary (O’Connell) Breckenridge   
Nationality: Irish

Father
Name: Simon Breckenridge   
Nationality: Scottish

Sister:
Name: Summer Flower Breckenridge   
Blood Status: Muggle-born
Nationality: Scots-Irish

Brother:
Name: Brody Peace Breckenridge
Nationality: Scots-Irish

Connections:

Antoinette Cuvert De Boisblanc (Friend) – Something of a partner in crime.  Sometimes she has to give a little study time to Nettie before she can get gather her into some sort of shenanigans, but it is often worth the effort.  Sometimes she even learns something or at least gets all of the answers.

Thien An Phan (Friend) – Knows that Thien wants desperately to let loose and has make it her mission to make sure her friend does exactly at.  They try each other’s patients a lot but Thien was the only girl that came into the girls bathroom with some other girls turned the nights out on her at JWI and held her hand to lead her out when the panic set in.   She had a serious crush on Thien for a while after that, but like most of Autumn’s interests it faded and settled back into friendship.

Likes: Surfing, Water, Otters, Fish, Marine Biology (muggle and wizard), tattoos, making new friends, being lazy on a nice sunny day, virgin outdoor locations.
Dislikes:  Work, boredom, stodginess, people that use Hippie as a bad word, mussels, Any class not considered fun like math and English and history.
Fears & Phobias: Mild spectrophobia (fear of mirrors as a gateway) and spiders (yuck).
Worst Memory(ies): When she was 10 her sister locked her in the bathroom after a fight and told he she was going to open a portal for Bloody Mary to come get her.  She huddled in the corner of their bathroom for the rest of the night with her eyes screwed shut absolutely terrified that if she opened them Bloody Mary was going to get her. 
Best Memory(ies): The first time she rode a wave on her surfboard.  It was in beautiful, breezy Santa Cruz morning with her mother and father nearby.  The fact that she was able to do it before her older sister was simply icing on the cake.  Singing campfire songs with her friends from JWIG and realizing they sounded really good.  It was one of those moments where everything just clicked and felt right.
Favorite Animal(s): Otters and Koi Fish
O/O's: On’s and Off’s
Notes:
House suggestion: Andover
Wand suggestion:  10-2/3” Pine with a selkie whisker core

Bloodied Porcelain

ANNOUNCEMENT

It has come to my attention that the staff sheets are missing the pet/familiar line. Please make sure you add this in under the Special Abilities line. This is an optional thing, but please make sure the line is there. It will be added to the sheets ASAP. :)

Thank you for your cooperation while we iron out the wrinkles.

Caela

Will finish Ms. RunningWolf tomorrow when I get home from work and also begin work on my student at that point.

September Suzette RunningWolf (WIP)

~BASICS~
Character's Name: September Suzette RunningWolf
Nickname: None she admits to.
Character's Birthdate and Age: September 22, 1979 ll 34
Blood Status: Magicborne
Cultural heritage in addition to American/Wizard American: Native American (Mother, Ojibwe), Caucasian (Father)
Hometown: Detroit, MI USA

Position at Salem: Herbology Professor (possibly with an elective or extracurricular in Muggle gardening as well if the GM's think that might be of interest)

Magical School attended: Salem Institute of Magic
House/House alumni: Danvers
Fraternity/Sorority alumni: Gamma Sigma Epsilon
Wand:  13 1/4', Redwood, Manticore Hair
Totem: (contact GM's about this part)
Patronus: A large Crane (subject to GM approval)
Boggart: Snakes
Apparition License: Yes
Special possessions: N/A
Special skills: Animagus, her registered shape is that of a small red fox with one black sock and a black ring of fur around both eyes. (Subject to GM approval.)
Pet/Familiar: A grey and white cat named Maat.

~APPEARANCE~

Hair: She has a dark, naturally straight mane of hair that falls just below her shoulder blades and that will hold a curl well if she chooses to soften her look.
Eyes: September gazes out at the world from eyes nearly as dark as her midnight tresses.
Height: She stands at a statuesque 5'11
Physical Description: September is tall and lean with an athletes curves and a dancers grace. This is a woman who is comfortable in her own skin and cares little for what others might think of her appearance.
Distinguishing Features: A tattoo on her right shoulder of a stylized wand crossed with an eagle feather symbolizing both sides of her heritage.
Character Model: Erica Cerra

~IN DEPTH~

Personality: Confident, Intelligent, Determined, Passionate, Tempestuous, Bluntly Honest, Loyal, Caring, Compassionate, Dedicated
Work Ethics: September works hard, plays hard and prioritizes both. She expects a lot from her students but no more than she expects from herself and she makes it a point to make herself available to students who seek/need extra help.

History: September grew up in a loving, if somewhat odd family.

Her mother was an Ojibwe (Chippewa) Witch from Northern Michigan who met her father (a Muggle-Born Wizard from Detroit) while both were at school in Salem.  Jonathan was almost instantly enamored with Rain but the reticent young woman ignored his advances for months until he actually managed to acquire a rare plant that she had shown a clear interest in in their Herbology lessons. Having proven that he actually paid attention to her interests the young woman took pity on him and found, on their first official date, that as different as they had seemed to her at first, on a deeper level she and Jonathan were very much the same and their romance blossomed.

A few years after graduation, the unlikely pair found themselves living in Detroit as Rain gave birth to their first, and only, child, September Suzette RunningWolf. Rain had been willing to give September her father's name, but he'd insisted that she be named after her maternal grandfather, while his own mother's name became her middle name.

From the day she was born she was doted on, but she also had high expectations place upon her as well. For all that she was spoiled, it was expected that she would do well in school, perform well at her extra-curricular activities, spend summers with her mother's family up north so she could learn both sides of her heritage as well as myriad other pressures that parents put on a child. Constantly surrounded by love and understanding, however, she rarely actually felt pressured. Her life was certainly different from most people's, but it simply gave her a unique perspective on her crazy, topsy-turvy, magical world.

Growing up there was never a time she didn't know about Magic. She grew up seeing simple things like dishes washing themselves to more complex signs of magic like her father brewing potions or her mother's magical garden. Like many children from such blatantly magical families it was never a doubt that her own magic would manifest, it was only a matter of how. The answer came in her mother's garden one day when a plant she was weeding around struck her with it's thorns. Crying out in pain she slapped out at the offending plant only to have it change into a cheerful daisy at the touch of her hand! Suddenly laughing she called for her mother who also laughed in delight and called for her father to come and see as well.

Her particular interests in both Herbology/gardening and Transfiguration were well implanted that day!

Life moved quickly after that. Salem Academy, friends, her Sorority, graduation, and then actually on to a Muggle University for higher education and her Masters in Education and a Bachelors in Horticulture before applying back to Salem when she heard of a position opening for the Herbology Professorship. Herbology had always been one of her favorite classes as a student and she didn't really expect to earn the position right out of school but had to apply and was lucky in that she had always had a good relationship with the retiring Professor and she put in a god word for her. She's been working for Salem ever since. (Per GM approval I am thinking she would have been working for Salem for about 5 years now.)

Academic History: September was always a diligent student, even in classes she didn't particularly enjoy. Her parents wouldn't have settled for less! She did however, put more effort into classes she enjoyed and thus, while passing her classes, her grades in them reflected her added effort.

-->For adults who graduated BEFORE the JWI was established and Salem was re-organized (2002): September would have graduated in 1998.
OWL's: Charms - EE , Transfiguration - O, Herbology - O, DADA - A, Potions - A, COMC - EE, Astronomy - A, Divination - A, HoM - A.
NEWT's: Charms - A, Transfiguration - O, Herbology - O, Potions - A, CoMC - A
WOMBAT's: None.

Family: Jonathan Myers III and Rain SilverWay - Father and Mother, 56 and 55 respectively.
Paul RunningWolf and Sara Morning Light - Maternal Grandparents, 72 and 71 respectively.
Jonathan Myers II and Elizabeth Myers - Paternal Grandparents, deceased.

Connections: To be added

Likes: Gardening (Magical and Muggle), cooking, sunny days, rainy nights/starry nights, reading, animals, meditating, dancing, singing, surprises, swimming, hiking, fine dining, evenings out on the town
Dislikes: Bordom, blatant stupidity, laziness, cruelty, excuses (if someone/thing isn't dead you'd better have your homework in on time!), arrogance
Fears & Phobias: She is phobic of snakes and has lesser fears of confined spaces and spiders.
Worst Memory(ies): While death is a natural part of life, her worst memory is of losing her Paternal Grandparents to a car accident when she was 16. No matter how good the funeral home, the people in the caskets never look quite right and, to this day, the memory of them lying there so lifeless and cold, when they used to be so full of LIFE has the power to disturb her.
Best Memory(ies): Summers spent with her Mother's family. Even now she spends most of her school breaks in Northern MI with her Mother's tribe savoring time with extended family in laughing, dancing, story telling and just being. As a child there was nothing better than summers spent running, laughing, climbing, exploring, sometimes getting hurt (thought that never slowed them down for long!) and savoring the sheer LIFE around them!
Favorite Animal(s) Her Owl, Eris; her cat Maat; eagles, hippogriffs.
O/O's: Ons: Confidence, tall men, power dynamics
Offs: Stupidity, cruelty, arrogance, short men

Bloodied Porcelain

I'm off to bed for the night, folks. I will begin reading over the sheets that have been sent in sometime tomorrow. I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with. :)

Emmykins