News:

Main Menu

What's in a name?

Started by Spookie Monster, June 04, 2005, 07:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZK

I found out, my first and last name has meaning... odd as it is.

It comes up with "Victorious Red"... o.o

What am I, a communist? X.X
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Nothing

lol, that would be absolutely terrible, Elvi :P

Atari

I can be anyones 'game consul' *grins evily* No disappointment dear Elvi! Atari can definately have two meanings...tehee

Swedish Steel

She's my game consol for sure, but for some darn strange reason I seem to be the one with a joystick.
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

Oreida Wesker

I have a lot of trouble with names only because, for me, it can sum up a character's entire personality and attitude. Perhaps why i never choose anything soft sounding. [ Though, for a time, i wanted to have a character named Yogart. No reason, it's just sounded cute. * and also she's a slight Sorcerer Hunters fan.. Just a little one.

'Oreida' is a anagram of my real name, it also, thanks to google, is a type of tropical, or was it an oriental flower. -taps her jaw- Oh well.

'Wesker' came from a Military revolution man I befriended in a RP. He had no true name as he was genetically created in some laboratory and so on, but his Alias was wesker, given to him by his brethren.
Hots and Nots

All my devotion betrayed, I'm no longer afriad.

Elvi

Quote from: Nothing on May 23, 2006, 04:58:25 PM
lol, that would be absolutely terrible, Elvi :P

Don't worry, I won't.....though it is tempting in some cases.....*grins and hugs*

Quote from: Atari on May 23, 2006, 04:58:47 PM
I can be anyones 'game consul' *grins evily* No disappointment dear Elvi! Atari can definately have two meanings...tehee

Well that's ok then....had me worried.....*laughs*
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Moondazed

Mine's pretty self-explanatory... I love the moon, and have been caught standing a bit dazed staring at it :)
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Eloquent Surreal

My name was a gift. Literally. It was chosen for me by someone really special to me who introduced me to roleplaying.
Those who restrain desire, do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained

MagicalPen

Bit late to hop in this thread, but my name is the name of perhaps one of the first Characters i ever wrote a story about or played as in a game. Silvestine - an Elf.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Spookie Monster

Hands vermillion,
Start of five,
Bright cotillion,
Ravens dive,
Nightshade promise,
Spirits thrive,
To the living,
Let now the dead

Come alive!

Well, it's been over a year and a half since I first started this thread.  The replies that it's received during that time have been truly great - interesting, informative, and, as often as not, danged funny.  A big thank you for each and every one of them.  That said, I'm convinced that there are still replies to be made.  Therefore, I'm resurrecting this old bugger in hopes that people will share the myriad origins of their usernames...

Come on, maidens!  Come on, monsters!  Tell us why you're called what you're called! :)

Spel

Edit: I forgot to thank people for the many outstanding replies!  Shame, shame, shame...
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Rasberry Angel

Like I said in my introduction thread, I call myself that because those flowers match my hair color. I was playing a nymph one time and wanted to give it a flower name. I based the nymph of myself, so it had the same color hair I have. I think snap dragons were the best flower I could think of, and the name stuck.

HairyHeretic

A friend of mine dubbed me the Hairy Heretic some years ago. Hairy, for reasons that would be obvious if you ever saw me, and Heretic for my choice of wargames army (Chaos).
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Insaneiac The Maniac

It began with my idea for a sandwich, which evolved into a small arguement with my best friend. From sandwiches, we got into a fight of who was a better wrestler at the time, Stone Cold or the Rock. At one point, my friend called me a crazy freak. It was then I uttered:

"Hell no! Screw crazy, I'm insane. I'm the bloody Insaneiac. And you're a freak, which is like the unpopular kind of odd person. I'm a maniac."

And even since, it stuck. All over a sandwich idea turned wrestling arguement.
I find it kind of funny...
I find it kind of sad...
The dreams in which I'm dying...
...they're the best I've ever had.

Celestial Goblin

When I came to the site, I was impatient and couldn't decite on a good name. I remember playing with the words 'sexy' 'bishounen' 'agent' 'bondage' and 'that got caught', then realised that as fun as they are, I don't want to restrict myself to a single, albeit fun role.

Celestial Goblin is the result of combining 'yin' with 'yang', mischieviousness with radiant beauty. I really like angels:)

alahendra

Kinda just rolled off my tongue one day when I need to make up a user name for RPoL...  One day I googled it and discovered it's a fairly common Sri Lankan surname.  But that wasn't my intent. It was an accident. Unless maybe I was Sri Lankan in a previous life. Hmmmmm.... *wanders off to ponder*
"You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan
Designed and directed by his red right hand..."

Os & Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5351.0

Longblondanimal

My name i made up when I had to choose a hotmail account. I have long blond hairs. And the first name that came up was Longblondanimal, which is also the name of a song from the dutch band The Golden Earing.

sindyloo

:o ::)  So DONT want to do this but you`all will get a good laugh so why not??  My parents really loved Dr. Suess and I came along so BAM!!(Hey come on now/I hear you chuckling already)  So Real First name is Sindy and Real Middle name is LOO. :-[ 8)

So of course when I meet people its first name only Y`all!!! ;D
cant stand them green eggs or green hams or Silly Spam!!

Love everything but Scat,Golden Showers or Zoo stuff!  Whip me! Spank me! Tie me up!!